• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Older potheads: what lessons have you learned about cannabis use?

Personally I've been ingesting, smoking and nibbling, sharing, for about 22 years now. I have found that in the stages of over doing it, the lungs can bother me but there are ways around that. MODERATION followed by baked goods. Always works and works well.

I can't imagine my life without the soothing effects this plant offers me. When I go without my anger issues return as does the anxiety.

Also have nerve damage and cannabis has always benefited and tapered the pain as well as a huge help reducing nausea.

If your lungs are hurting OP, take a break or buy some fancy vapor machine or hey, make some butter and eat it.

The only negative effect of cannabis is when it runs out.

If I could go back and do it all over again:

-I would smoke once every two weeks as a ritual, and do so alone as a transcendental, meditational experience.

-It should honestly be treated with the same respect as other drugs, but the general consensus of society is to throw moderation out the window with this one. Overuse can fuck your head up.

Think about the first few times you got high - chances are it was a mind blowing, completely insane psychedelic trip out. At least it was for me, it was absolutely epic back then. With daily use, weed became a total bummer. And then came the extreme anxiety. Once you develop a tolerance and cravings, it's easy to forget what weed used to be like in the beginning, and how it most likely isn't worth your time anymore if you are a heavy user.

Now when I smoke weed (which I never ever would consider for a second) all that happens is my heart pounds out of my chest and I will uncontrollably pop many benzos or down half a bottle of vodka just to calm my heart down, and I could easily have a heart attack from this reaction. Anxiety is probably the most common long term effect and a lot of people have to quit because of it.

I do not miss weed at all, and it definitely fucked my head up. It wasnt worth it at all. Be careful not to smoke too much, contrary to popular belief there are serious risks involved.

I'm smoking ganja for 10 years now.
I am also about to get a vaporiser. It easy to postpone getting one if you're a smoker too.

I also suggest not to let weed get in the way of living a full life. Being a couch potato for years WILL make you regret that.

Use marijuana as a tool. Actually that holds for most drugs. Use it to enhance what you would enjoy normally, to dissolve society built boundaries. Get a purpose for it.

Oh also worth mentioning, daily smoking will have bad influence on your sex life. I ran into problems like not being able to last long enough and not being able to cum when i'm not high.

If you're a daily smoker, keep your amount per sesh low. I smoke twice a day, morning and night (more on weekends). Been like this for a few years, but when I smoke in the morning before getting my day started all I need is one snap. This will still get you the medicinal effects and what you need to get through the day, but you won't waste a ton of money on weed or be retarded faded.

one thing i learned about cannabis is that it kills all your ambitions. smoking it everyday is just dumb.

22 years, but for most of that, was an inconsistent weekend user and often went a few years in between uses. Now I'm a daily medical user (past 6 months). What I get out of it as a mature 40 year old is by FAR much more than I got out of it just messing around in my 20s with my friends.

If I respect the herb, it respects me back. I get out of my weed smoking whatever I bring to it. If I approach with a sense of sacredness, I receive sacred experiences, if I approach just to relieve pain, that's all I get.

Also, I learned that I need my sober times to integrate the stuff I've learned while high. If i'm not actually using it to improve my life, it's pointless.

Also, depending upon what strain I take and how much and my setting and intent... weed may as well be 1000+ different drugs. Most of the time I take it it's my "aspirin" (I'm a medical user) and I don't use a lot in one sitting with my weak, low-power vape, and I don't get very high. If I'm bored and use it to escape, I'll get minimal results from it, I'll just feel more bored and like I wasted my time. If I decide to actually smoke a bowl and use it as a sacred herb and have realizations/visions... I can do that, too, by putting myself into a trance with meditation beforehand and doing some form of ceremony before I start smoking. It may as well be 1000 different drugs. What chemicals are already in my brain affect what I am going to get out of the weed.

Also: ALWAYS choose to use legally if you at all can help it. If you have access to medical marijuana in your state and have a qualifying condition - take advantage of that. Yes, there are up front fees, and dispensary weed is more expensive, but it's a lot cheaper than lawyer fees and fines and or jail time. And not having worries about doing something illegal will make the experience better. It's easier to approach the herb with respect when you don't feel like you're doing something naughty.

No interest in other drugs nor have I ever done any other drugs... weed gets me where I want to go. If you're thinking of trying something else, try different weed first...

Last edited:
your opinion, your experience, not everyone's.

I'd say it's common to people who come from an upper class background.

My parents were both millionaires by age 25.

I'm 30, work minimum wage, and still live with them.

I've been trying to better my life, and have quit smoking for the past 6 months, getting my GED and enrolling in community college.

I noticed people who come from lower class backgrounds tend to think weed can help you progress in life. Those of us who had millionaire parents agree that we could never be as good as they were if we continue smoking.

I'd say it's common to people who come from an upper class background.

My parents were both millionaires by age 25.

I'm 30, work minimum wage, and still live with them.

I've been trying to better my life, and have quit smoking for the past 6 months, getting my GED and enrolling in community college.

I noticed people who come from lower class backgrounds tend to think weed can help you progress in life. Those of us who had millionaire parents agree that we could never be as good as they were if we continue smoking.

Interesting. Yet your line, "as good as they were" implies that wealth means 'good'; and I'd have to disagree with that. Yet being a poor girl as I am I know not of having millionaire family members so I don't see through eyes of so called silver spooned babes. (and please don't take that the wrong way)
I would assume that having wealthy parents would create added pressure to perform, committing one's self to academic studies to (not always but often) to appease the parents and eventually, the pursuit of material gains seems right in line. Again though, 'wealth' in my opinion is not indicative of 'good'.
Perhaps I am being overly sensitive to the implication because, well, I'm of the lower income bracket; yet I do know people who are not and some are daily moderate toker's.
Perhaps it is more about one's genetic makeup that weathers the ability or non ability to be productive, ambitious and creative. There is definitely a stigma attached to daily tokers... But for many tokers, the medicinal aspects outweigh any unjustified outside misinterpretations. To each their own really; what doesn't work for one may work for another but I do not believe one's bank statement has anything to do with it.

Regards on the G.E.D. :)Good on you. Really, good on you.