• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Old head, looking to set up some definitions and learn some things.

Actually that's a blatant lie. What's at stake here is the consumption method + ritual, not adapted to purity; while attacks against THC concentration are in fact promoting contamination, implicitely.
stripes-lighten-up.gif

While it may be an anecdotal statement, it was a real life experience I and some friends have had smoking dab. A blatant lie would be like saying I smoked dab and it gave a hard on that lasted 4 hours. I'm not attacking anything, I just call em like I see em.

Salutations Jerry Atrick,

A blatant lie would be like saying I smoked dab and it gave a hard on that lasted 4 hours.

Twelve years ago when i was just starting to initiate myself to vaporism my HerbalAir's tubing happened to collect condensed "honey" of which the smell could induce a psycho-somatic reaction in my nose even before the actual intake and that was no blatant lie, but perhaps the formulation needs to be ajusted.

It's still shocking to me when we generalize so much everything gets garbled in confusion, for example tobacco vs combustion vs nicotine: 3 different aspects of a very same habit not necessarily impacting tolerance the same IMHO. So how would you have prefered me to put it? Does *SELF-VILIFICATION* apply better considering it will happen conciously or otherwise?... Problem is when coming from the ennemies camp there's no difference how it gets perceived, for example (me too i like MEMES a lot!):

2016-10-13_13_36_13_MARINA_1001_01_01.jpeg
SRC-Marina-Orsini-S2-Ep26-Christiane-Laberge-2016-Oct-13-400x300.png
Marina Orsini - Saison 02 Épisode 26 - Le cannabis (2016-Oct-13)​

This was a member of the Collège des Méde¢in$ speaking, her stance being about having only 1 % THC in 1972, generally...

Of course there are other factors than just the consumption method & ritual alone, which is not what i'm implying anyway. But as a young man i recall at least at 1st i used to finish my fatties filled with hashish bits held together by long strings of blond imported tobacco, which eventually caused me to adopt some "tokeu" as a result of holes in my clothes and also an anxiogenic focus on $avings as it allowed me to divide 1 "joint" as 3... Back then still giving me a cold nose on occasions - and memorable hardons too - but that was the real deal and now it's just "legal".

In any case elders as myself still don't have access to all those wonders other canuck citizens take for granted since a few years now. What i do get is Halloween ma$$-media propaganda all year long, and these days it's instrumentalized children doing the talk instead of bigot victorian-age prohibitionnists, arguing you must be ready to loose everything by your own fault, and/or that of THC buzzing... Some 8 years after the FCTC/COP6 *NOTHING* been done to offer smokers any health-wise alternatives which account for a user's immediate needs: speedy action + bio-availability; 2 dimensions ignored at the SQdC where they'll tell you to consume edibles called « placebo » on our national TV French-speaking network last year. Result is plain denial for 3rd-age persons facing retro-active threats of eviction, school-age teenagers obtaining dabs from the iNet and 18 - 21 yr old *ADULTS* now criminalized.

In short ZERO allies, even the Bloc Pot suffers from a Stockholm syndrome, cause they are the ones reflecting in the Task Force report of August 2016: they were taken hostage by Harper and asked to provide support to unjust laws with a legal signature, in exhange of their privilege card$...

:rolleyes:

Actually that's a blatant lie. What's at stake here is the consumption method + ritual, not adapted to purity; while attacks against THC concentration are in fact promoting contamination, implicitely.

To the extent that one actually smokes or vapes or orally consumes a specific amount, be it flow or concentrate - the ingestion of more will generally tend to cause one’s physiological tolerance to increase.

example: I smoke 0.5g flower @20% THC, and 0.5g wax crumble @75% THC. Or vape. Or orally consume.

Assuming 100% bioavailability of each compound, this is 100mg THC or 375mg THC. The ingestion of concentrates (as compared to flower) will increase your tolerance.

Of course, different consumption methods are not equal.

Tom

Salutations Thomas Davie,

Of course, different consumption methods are not equal.

Nor are their associated rituals and that's, well... part of my point.

The proverbial initiative "joint" doesn't promote self-awareness acquisition through dosing, on the contrary: in the begining one paradoxal situation i faced was that i couldn't extinguish because lighting up a used "joint" again involved a waste of material and rapidly tasted bad. So i transitioned to a cigar-shaped tube semi-closed at the other end to conserved a maximum, euh... Which is very different from my conception of what it is to "converve" now! In any case i didn't invent the "join" nor that venerable tokeu i kept around until i quit smoking definitively in mid-Juin 2007. Like any other young person i depended on my environment for both the substance and its associated consumption tool, and since incompetant mis-guided self-serving predatory politi¢ian$ chose to interfere with a natural learning process requiring a right to trial & error, especially for one that doesn't kill in itself (!), euh... Does it not point in the direction of one possible solution the addi¢tionni$ts-abstentionni$ts simply can,t contemplate: to deal up front with reality and:

#1) Accept that under-age legally-vulnerable "minor$" (<21 in Qc/Can!) will access it anyway.
#2) Pose as a cardinal law to leave those minor$ alone, free of *ANY* socio-toxic dangers
("Fix-my-Kid"","Kids-for-Cash", "Narconon Trois-Rivières")
#3) Why should i need a #3? Euh...

As i argued in vain previously, the FCTC/COP6 put in perspective with the coming COP28 should be a 1st hint that's worth paying attention. Understand if you care. The fact is ~8 years passed and those genius "expert$"/"$pe¢iali$ts" who sabotaged Québec's own cannabis reform while Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto feel like dancing every 4-20, euh... I mean we're about to finally witness what politi¢$ will do with it next and i ain't the least bit optimistic, because they dirty everything cannabis like there's no tomorrow...

Anyway, i say while the "Z-elite$" waste precious time, not to mention human cost than can never be repaid, it seems we the consumers can only rely on ourselves to figure out an honourable solution based on mutual respect. So, i can't stress how worried it felt when i heard this summer about our government confiscating parental authority given some already hostile context. Scenarios like how does a teenager cope with teachers, friends and police squads after being warned that cannabis can send you to prison for 14 years? Hey?... I wonder. Now what if this minor is currently having issues typical of this transition to adulthood?? My guess is it must be as stressful/anxiogenic for an old over-billed/over-taxed invisible "$stoner"/"droÿé" to only get 1 side of "reality" everywhere to look, listen or read. It's called alienation IMO. ... Etc., etc. The short version is i'm almost relieved no to be born only a couple decades ago. So why bother anyway, i could as well satisfy with "legal" mari-caca this late in life, after all. But then how to sleep watching the train passing in slow motion, a train of meat-eaters eternally thrusty for the blood of inno¢ent$.

Euh... And there's that cardinal rule forbiding any direct intervention. That's a bummer, no exit without loosing honour!

Briefly put *OUR* solution should be geared toward changing those minor$ environments, so at least someone will be doing something constructive as the adults would improve their own fate in the process. Then someday there won't be rolling paper inventories left on the surface of planet earth and the United Nations utopian$ shall find quiet serenity at last...

In The Name Of Children!

Maybe.

My consumption tool presently works fine shifting my habit toward aroma/taste appreciation using only ~125 mg per bowl, "costing" 25 ~ 35 mg of shredded dry flower per puff, ~ 100 Joules each time between cold states multiply opportunities to forget the next toke. Plus it will never set fire or even burn my finger skin, so...

In any case bio-availability largely depends on that same consumption method + ritual where i divided wasting noble molecule by 2 as a result of switching from combustion to vaporism, then another serious reduction compared to my HA where huge bowls were felt necessary and the problem was these expensive bowls got cooked between 2 tokes, hence eventually turning into a contest against time... E.G. it's even more of a farce when we,re told the Volcano has it's "medical" certification, because that bag is the same as my proverbial initiative "joint": it invites systemic dose exagerations leading into the tolerance barrier where to crash and realize a T-Break is mandatory to attempt escalate again, except the threshold still raises. Then bam! Instant Drama Queen, in shock like when hit by a bus... Surprize!

It's particularily draining to observe in slow motion actually. If only i could trace back my time machine, hello time machine! Where are you?! Hou! Hou! Hou!

☮️

or stock up and worry less.

distillate-- THC and terps usually derived from commerc grade buds at best. Better in more expensive out i assume. Usually put into carts.

live resin-- Flash frozen to keep the terpene profile of the original strain. Contains CBD THC and natural terpenes

Rosin --- solventless extraction process yielding very little hence prices very high.

THC-A Crystals-- Just like they sound. 95+ percent THC-A

Shatter- Generic term for BHO hash used for dabs. Also suspect what goes in isn't always great. Prices vary by what goes in and consistency?

Qwiso hash- Extracted with isopropyl alcohol often looks like a black resin/tar ball.

*sorry i apparently hit enter mid sentencee, qwiso is black and sticky like resin. It does not look like 'a black' lmao.

Last edited: