Olanzapine

no clue how on earth you did but good on you. I have never been so overweight like I was on that hellish drug. bulging out of my skin. ive never lost weight on any AP. what did you do specifically?
Like with anything, if you spend more calories than you take in, you will lose weight. Olanzapine doesn't magically change this formula.

But olanzapine significantly raises blood sugar levels, so avoiding sugar is probably key to mitigating weight gain from 2nd gen antipsychotics. Whole foods, high protein diet. Paleo or Mediterranean diet would probably work well.

no clue how on earth you did but good on you. I have never been so overweight like I was on that hellish drug. bulging out of my skin. ive never lost weight on any AP. what did you do specifically?

Mostly i just cut out cola and cut back on carbs and started lifting weights again.

When I was reading about metformin it seems it can negate olanzapine effect of gaining weight. Idk if taking it for that would be wise but there shouldn’t be any interactions.

Have you had any positive experiences with olanzapine, mainly for the treatment of anxiety? Sometimes taking 5 mg will take the edge off anxiety. I wonder if taking 10 mg would increase the effect or make you too tired. I think it's commonly prescribed in in the range of 2,5 mg to 20 mg a day.
Personally I don’t recommend making a habit of taking olanzapine. I was put on it after a manic episode and dealt with some nasty weight gain, and didn’t feel like myself when on it at all. It does knock you out so I suppose that can help with anxiety but it also made me a bit agitated and definitely a bit anhedonic, even the next day. If you feel it helps you, I definitely wouldn’t exceed 5mg and only take it as needed. I’m not a psychiatrist but can tell you from personal experience it is not pleasant to be on it for long term at high doses whatsoever. Definitely be cautious with it.

I tried Olanzapine and Risperidone a few times for anxiety and insomnia when my dad took it, but they just made me feel like a zombie.

An interesting combination of this is
I was pulled off morphine, clonazepam, gabapentin and seroquel in the psych ward so nothing surprises me.

That is some bullshit though tbh i would have killed someone for some ketamine when i was in there. When it comes to being detained atleast criminals have to be charged psychiatric patients just need to be deemed unwell.
An interesting combination(?) of this are sexual offenders who are civilly committed after having completed their incarceration.

Yes it lowers anxiety at 2.5 in the evening half life of 30 hours I take tramadol 2 grams and clonazepam 6 mg pregabalin 75mg for week ends give a good euphoric and speedy high .. olanzapine makes me sleep and adds anti anxiety effects