Olanzapine

Survival0200

Bluelighter
Have you had any positive experiences with olanzapine, mainly for the treatment of anxiety? Sometimes taking 5 mg will take the edge off anxiety. I wonder if taking 10 mg would increase the effect or make you too tired. I think it's commonly prescribed in in the range of 2,5 mg to 20 mg a day.

It works well for my no appetite. Im on 15 mg. They gave it to me cuz they wouldn't give me anything that would help immensely. It does have its benefits. I works on a wide range of receptors. It does make me tired which I like cuz Ambien is addictive.

I know you probably need something like Ativan or Klonopin. Can you be trusted w the pills? They probably might prescribe it to you cuz they know about your history if you have a drug history. I get it. I suffer from anxiety that's so bad without the right meds I don't eat and stay in bed.

I get it. Trust me. Zyprexa if it's taking the edge off that's a good sign but why go up without your docs knowledge. This is why docs don't hardly even give an honest addict they want help. I'm assuming this tho. You may wait for the doc but I would say it would Make you tired. It's a med that last 24 hours not like a PRN.

Tell me if your doctor knows your drug history.

You're lucky if antipsychotics like olanzapine work for you as anxiolytics. I've gone through most of the major antipsychotics because doctors kept pressing me to do so and none of them was notably anxiolytic or did augment antidepressants, they all just induce anhedonia and akathisia as well as some even dyskinesia. Think they're the easiest psychopharms to get besides SSRIs and among the worst medicines too.

But yeah, you'll get more tiredness from an increased dosage. Maybe try it on a free weekend?

I take it for psychosis but it also helps my ptsd and anxiety though i get clonaz for that. I take 10mg's a night without any side effects really besides the munchies

Ontario,Canada.
Zyprexa (Olanzapine) 10MG. {ThienoBenzodiazepine}

Does Zyprexa (Olanzapine) Help With Clonazepam (Klonopin), Ativan (Lorazepam),Or Valium (Diazepam) Or The Following,
*Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome
Is this a question you're asking?

I don't think so. It may help with PAWS anxiety, but it may make other PAWS symptoms like anhedonia, fatigue and depression worse.

There is some suggetive evidence that antipsychotics can help with alcohol withdrawal and PAWS, but alcohol has a different pharmacological withdrawal. In my experience I found it valuable for sleep but otherwise negligible.

Quetiapine is better for PAWS imo.

^ I can't see a antipsychotic helping wd from a gaba drug at all really if anything i think it would make it worse. I found thorazine and compazine to help opiate wd though. Seroquel only made it worse cause i hate seroquel.

^ I can't see a antipsychotic helping wd from a gaba drug at all really if anything i think it would make it worse. I found thorazine and compazine to help opiate wd though. Seroquel only made it worse cause i hate seroquel.
I generally agree.

However for me one of the worst PAWS symptoms is insomnia, and for that purpose they did have value. But for daytime symptoms definitely not.

Olazapine would easily overpower mild benzo WD and knock out person without tolerance to it but that’s it.
It’s occasionally prescribed as off-label for worst cases of insomnia.

5mg at night would give me awful pretty vivid nightmares. During the day, I didn't feel like myself. U could've told me someone died and I'd gave responded "ok"

Doctors routinely prescribe antipsychotics for withdrawal in the rehab where I was and I consider this bad practice because it will just add to the imbalance in the brain instead of helping for anything besides insomnia and for that better drugs exist than antipsychotics.

Even just 5mg of olanzapine induced strong anhedonia for one to two days, nothing I'd take voluntarily ever again.

Man it’s same fucking thing here!!! Certain doctors will prescribe it even if you don’t require them for sleep (let’s say it’s acceptable off-label use) and you don’t have any mental issue beside addiction(s) and you are FORCED to take it, if you don’t they kick you out. But if some unlucky soul is in hospital because of court order (might be something serious as because violence or suicide but it also might be because of petty drug offence as part of agreement to avoid jail), well than they’ll just inject it if you refuse it.

And most fucked up thing is they are happy to offer risperidone injections to weed users.

Kinda as fucked up as forcing people to ECT, arguably more.

Have you had any positive experiences with olanzapine, mainly for the treatment of anxiety? Sometimes taking 5 mg will take the edge off anxiety. I wonder if taking 10 mg would increase the effect or make you too tired. I think it's commonly prescribed in in the range of 2,5 mg to 20 mg a day.
Yes I have been on it but recently I stopped. Mainly because it interfered.with my meth come down. I used to use it just for this reason but I noticed that it was not working well anymore. But it's a good drug.for anxiety. It gets rid of the anxiety if you're feeling rough. Good luck 🤠

Olazapine would easily overpower mild benzo WD and knock out person without tolerance to it but that’s it.
It’s occasionally prescribed as off-label for worst cases of insomnia.
Olanzapine lowers the seizure threshold and induces epileptiform discharges.

EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE of what you want to give someone with benzo WD or alcohol WD paws or acute.

Good to know! Don’t have it anyway and don’t give any drugs to people, but few times I took it ¼ sub-lingual pill (5mg I guess?) would knock me out after munchies in 15minutes. It works even during strong WDs (like friend recovering from methadone OD + huge alprazolam 30mg+ daily habit, but he was getting it while in hospital so I guess they have something ready to inject in case of seizure?,as no way they are that ignorant about dangerous side-effect). I know few persons who love it as sleep-aid and have it prescribed off-label, as it doesn’t cause any terrible side effects for them they stick to it rather than using abusable stuff. I personally wouldn’t risk possible consequences of prolonged use.

Thienobenzodiazepin that causes problem used for mild benzo WD, even if it doesn’t act like real benzo I would expect it at least won’t hurt.

Not sleeping for days during strong WDs also surely lowers the seizure threshold tho.

Olanzapine lowers the seizure threshold and induces epileptiform discharges.

EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE of what you want to give someone with benzo WD or alcohol WD paws or acute.

Dude is dead on. I was forced to watch a patient ripped off of 4mg xanax a day since she was 16 (yes verified) and she is now 68. She was also pulled off of her lyrica, which was given as an anti-seizure med.......than cut loose to just Olan and a light ssri. Hopefully needless to say she is not doing so well 4-5 months later and I am waiting for the day she marches in with a lawyer so I can fold immediately and let her proceed. haha.

shoot that is the tip of the iceberg. Said person was taken from inside their house after calling 911 to report gunfire on her property (hunting land, probably true). The police insisted to take her for "observation" out of her own house. After she demanded to see a warrant if they wanted to come in, they had none but proceeded. She asked to see an arrest warrant and was told "it wasn't necessary", asked what the charge was; there was no charge. She was than transported by the police who observed strange behavior. She struggled/resisted being detained. At which point she was admitted to the ER and immediately injected with ketamine twice. Now this is before intake to the psych ward (where they ended up putting her for THREE WEEKS) for observation. No not a 48 hour police freeze out, not a 72 hour you had one too many pass. THREE WEEKS. NO CHARGE OR REASON (beyond the statement of the police saying she was behaving strangely; which i have to believe but will note a lack of any notes on said "strange behavior" other than "Is concerned poachers are tresspassing with no evidence of such". Good one to have a ring side seat for. Feel so bad for said person but nothing I can do legally (or otherwise frankly).

Dude is dead on. I was forced to watch a patient ripped off of 4mg xanax a day since she was 16 (yes verified) and she is now 68. She was also pulled off of her lyrica, which was given as an anti-seizure med.......than cut loose to just Olan and a light ssri. Hopefully needless to say she is not doing so well 4-5 months later and I am waiting for the day she marches in with a lawyer so I can fold immediately and let her proceed. haha.

I was pulled off morphine, clonazepam, gabapentin and seroquel in the psych ward so nothing surprises me.

shoot that is the tip of the iceberg. Said person was taken from inside their house after calling 911 to report gunfire on her property (hunting land, probably true). The police insisted to take her for "observation" out of her own house. After she demanded to see a warrant if they wanted to come in, they had none but proceeded. She asked to see an arrest warrant and was told "it wasn't necessary", asked what the charge was; there was no charge. She was than transported by the police who observed strange behavior. She struggled/resisted being detained. At which point she was admitted to the ER and immediately injected with ketamine twice. Now this is before intake to the psych ward (where they ended up putting her for THREE WEEKS) for observation. No not a 48 hour police freeze out, not a 72 hour you had one too many pass. THREE WEEKS. NO CHARGE OR REASON (beyond the statement of the police saying she was behaving strangely; which i have to believe but will note a lack of any notes on said "strange behavior" other than "Is concerned poachers are tresspassing with no evidence of such". Good one to have a ring side seat for. Feel so bad for said person but nothing I can do legally (or otherwise frankly).

That is some bullshit though tbh i would have killed someone for some ketamine when i was in there. When it comes to being detained atleast criminals have to be charged psychiatric patients just need to be deemed unwell.

Personally I wouldn't have minded that so much either. Now I am stating an opinion, to be very clear. I believe the ketamine was administered to get her past the front desk at the psych floor. That was ER shit which I find very suspect always.
Paranoid, who is fit to make a decision if a pyschiatric patient is unwell? person may be out of luck because they do outpatient psychiatric; or did until this happened.