• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Official Tramadol Discussion Thread - Second Swallow

I have tried Tramadol twice now, 100 mg each time, and both times it didnt work for me. All it did was make me extremely tired. Vicodin and Norco always wire me up! I dont know what to do for my pain now, I have worn out my welcome wagon at the hospital and I cant see my doctor til August 2nd. What will possibly get this drug to work for me?!

take it one pill at a time every 30 minutes until you reach 200mg. By then you should have a fairly intense opiate high. I would not suggest going over 200mg if you are not very experienced with opiates or tramadol in general.

Tramadol works kinda like a pain killer and anti depressant. It is supposed to give you pain realief and peace of mind, without fucking you up like morphine and stuff. The withdrawl is worse but takes almost 3 months of steady use for you to be in the hurt locker, compared to a few weeks with dope.

I actually fucked up this weekend. I hope others can learn from this unfortunate mistake. I completely forgot about tramadols antagonist properties. I took some(400mg, which is a low dose for my tolerance) a day after a full month or longer of daily codeine, Dihydrocodiene and hydrocodone use (legit for pain incurred through a high fall). I was attempting to save my harder drugs for I am running out. Well i completely forgot about the antagonistic qualities of this drug and sent myself into a two day hell of precipitate withdrawal. It was so fucking terrible.

If you are a daily or heavy user of conventional opiates it is best to avoid tramadol, or at least wait until you are in proper withdrawal (24-48 hours after your last dose) before taking any tramadol. Otherwise you will be instantly transported to a trippy withdrawal hell. Imagine all of the stimulant seratonagenic properties on top of full blown precipitated withdrawal. fucking awful!

I have discovered that the best way to get high off Tramadol is taking about 25mg every 15 min or 50mg every 30 min. This is, of course, if you're looking for an "opioid" high. The acute SNRI properties appear to overpower the opioid effects in large, single doses as the opioid effects are mainly mediated by tramadol's metabolite.

The only problem with the "quasi-extended release" method described above is that it takes about 2.5 hours to get anywhere and the noddy-effects only come about 5 hours later (for me). The extended method has resulted in constipation, pronounced urinary retention (though nothing that cannot be fixed with concentration and fortitude while on the can), itchiness, laziness, dreamy thoughts, and high-caliber euphoria that is largely absent in acute-dosage strategies.

Generally, I use anywhere from 200mg-550mg total in these 15/30 minute intervals over several hours.

There is a notable afterglow the following day characterized by warmth, empathy, and a sense of divine patience.

Granted, these are my experiences so your "mileage may vary" so-to-speak.

Happy highs for one and all.

edit: of relevance,

-- I'm not addicted to opioids
-- I have a mid-low tolerance to opioids
-- I space out my opioid usage i.e. I don't use them on consecutive days

So this may account for some of the difference if anyone decides to use the extended-dosing method.

I agree, 100%!
That is exactly how i feel, use and think about tramadol!

I learned the hard way, in the beginning i took one single dose to last the evening/night, then did some reading and trial and error, and reached todays formula.
Dislike being speedy, especially around people. People notice in a bad way, and i get so "starry" eyes that friends pick up on, and i don't feel comfortable at all. During the opiatephase on the other hand i get kinda laidback,warm, social and outgoing.

Since i use it as a recreational partydrug most of the time, i usually start dosing a couple of hours before the event, and try to time the more mellow relaxed opiate-high with the party.

Last edited:
For the past 2 months I have been on oxycodone and hydrocodone, for a herniated disc. I end up taking more oxy than prescribed, usually 100 mg's, which means I run out early. But I immediately go back to tramadol with no problem. I've read where it is said to cause precipatated wd's, but I've never had a problem with this.

For the past 2 months I have been on oxycodone and hydrocodone, for a herniated disc. I end up taking more oxy than prescribed, usually 100 mg's, which means I run out early. But I immediately go back to tramadol with no problem. I've read where it is said to cause precipatated wd's, but I've never had a problem with this.

Do you wait until you are starting to feel bad, or do you immediately take tramadol after taking your normal drugs? I took tramadol while still under the effects of Dihydrocodeine and Hydrocodone and with in two hours i started to feel ill, with in 4-6 I was in full blown Withdrawals. Maybe its individual, cause I was sick as shit. Also might have something to do with half life. I'm taking heavy doses of Dihydrocodeine and Hydrocodone. last time I took a detox break it took me almost two full days to hit full blown withdrawal. That is not to say that if I miss a dose I'm not starting to feel it after 6 hours.

No comparison to intensive ethanol hangover, but I've had:
twice when I was high, 2-3 pukes, then everything was alright
once the day after, quite unpleasent naseua for few hours.

No, I usually take it within a few hours after taking my last oxycodone

As far as nausea goes, sometimes I still get slightly nauseated when taken on an empty stomach, but other times on an empty stomach, no problem, go figure!

does anyone have really bad naseua from tramadol?

Nah, during the peak of the opioid phase of the high (i space my doses, i take ca 100 mg per hour until i reach 400) i usually vomit once or twice.
But the nausea strikes fast, and takes less than a minute for me to vomit after the nausea sensation, and after i vomit the nausea is gone.
It's not really bothersome, because i usually vomit at the peak of the high, when i feel awesome.

But part of what makes you puke is the dopamine release, so it makes sense.

For me nausea on tramadol and other opioids is basically "easy come easy go".

No, I usually take it within a few hours after taking my last oxycodone

As far as nausea goes, sometimes I still get slightly nauseated when taken on an empty stomach, but other times on an empty stomach, no problem, go figure!

The other thing i thought about is what size doses are you taking? I could see smaller doses not completely stripping your receptors clean since it is a partial agonist/antagonist.

I took a large dose and went into immediate withdrawal. I had effects in four hours that usually take about 72 hours to arrive.

If you are also taking a large dose I suppose I must have drawn a short straw when it came to genetics and potential side effects of drugs.

That could be md. Individual body chemistry can cause drugs to affect one person different than another.

Btw, my dose would be 500 to 600 mg's at one time. Not advisable, but tolerance IS a bitch!

Why is there so much divided opinion on tram?

I always find opinions to be extremely opposite. Either it works wonders or does nothing but deliver nasty side effects.

I have tried it once. I had no opiate tolerance and tried 200mg. I am 240lb, 6'1". All it did was make me nauseated. Perhaps it was because I took it on an empty-ish stomach?

Can anyone recommend a dosage for my type of body? Basically big and tall. I really want to try again tonight but I want to use a conservative approach and try to avoid some of the side effects especially nausea and upset stomach. Should I take if before or after dinner? Will herb make the side effects better or worse? Please advice.

That could be md. Individual body chemistry can cause drugs to affect one person different than another.

Btw, my dose would be 500 to 600 mg's at one time. Not advisable, but tolerance IS a bitch!

OK, then it is not an issue of dose. Your doses sound like mine; inadvisable.

Why is there so much divided opinion on tram?

I always find opinions to be extremely opposite. Either it works wonders or does nothing but deliver nasty side effects.

I have tried it once. I had no opiate tolerance and tried 200mg. I am 240lb, 6'1". All it did was make me nauseated. Perhaps it was because I took it on an empty-ish stomach?

Can anyone recommend a dosage for my type of body? Basically big and tall. I really want to try again tonight but I want to use a conservative approach and try to avoid some of the side effects especially nausea and upset stomach. Should I take if before or after dinner? Will herb make the side effects better or worse? Please advice.

No one can really tell you what dose is good for you. But I suggest that you do not go over 200mg until you know how your body reacts to it and NEVER go over 400mg until you are certain you are not at risk for seizure. If you are experiencing nausea take it after a light meal. Weed will intensify the experience, if you are going to smoke on it plan to take less than you need when not smoking.

The reason you hear such mixed results is because tramadol by its self is not active on the opiate receptors. The metabolite O-desmethyltramadol that is created by your liver as it process the tramadol in your blood is the drug that is active in the opiate receptors. Unless you have the proper enzymes in your liver to convert it you will not feel the positive opiate effects and will only feel the seratonagenic and nor-epinephrine release effects.

Hey, I'm a new member here.

The longer I am here, the more you will learn that tramadol is my favorite drug of all time. I have been using it since summer of 2003. Tolerance hasn't been a big issue, etc. I am only up to 200mg daily. 100mg in morning and 100mg in evening. You do not understand how incredible this stuff makes me feel.

I have used plenty of benzos, opioids, marijuana, etc and none of them can match up to tramadol. None of them!

I did fall in love with marijuana as well and smoked from 2004 to January 20, 2009. Haven't smoked since. I miss it sometimes. At least there was no withdrawal with quitting weed suddenly.

Which brings me to the only bad thing about tramadol. Horrific, agonizing, painful wd every morning before I take my first dose and anytime I run out a few days early.

NOTE: Moral Decay, tramadol itself is actually active at the mu-opioid receptor as an agonist. The main metabolite is just considerably much more potent as mu-opioid agonist. And pfft. The serotonin release, inhibition of reuptake of serotonin and norep are arguably what makes this drug so great for us tram-lovers. Also, tramadol is in no way a mu-opioid antagonist.

I have been using tramadol for years. I am well aware of its activity and pharmacology.

And yes, people do understand how fantastic it makes you feel, that is why there are many threads here on tramadol with people saying how much they love it around bluelight and the internet. My hardcore and serious love affair with tramadol lasted about 5 years before it became out of control and I was left with no choice but to give it up for random and sporadic recreational use.

If you think your withdrawals are bad now just wait till you are in upwards of 400-800mg a day. I am not denying your experiences; merely stating that they will get worse if your dosage continues to climb as mine did. I had to quit and take a break for a while because my tram habit was costing me so much money and I was a slave to it. I never claimed it was a mu-opioid antagonist, I said it is a partial agonist/antagonist.

Specifically tramadol is a NMDA-antagonist and a weak agonist at the μ-opioid receptor, with the metabolite have much stronger action as a μ-opioid receptor agonist. I did not claim that the seratonagenic and norepinephrine actions detract from the high, much to the contrary I like these effects in combination with the agonist properties as it makes me feel as though I have taken a weak dose of two of my Drugs of choice(MDMA and Morphine) and they are not conflicting with one another.

My statement was that those who do not enjoy tramadol are only getting the stimulating effects due to a lack of enzymes needed to enjoy the opiate activity against the μ-opioid receptor. Those taking tramadol expecting a pure μ-opioid receptor active drug are often disappointed to get the stimulating properties associated with serotonin and norepinephrine release with or without opiate like effects.

Last edited:
My hardcore and serious love affair with tramadol lasted about 5 years before it became out of control and I was left with no choice but to give it up for random and sporadic recreational use.

Love is affair is the only way to describe it, friend. I just swallowed some. Shaking because of withdrawal. That will end in about 45 mins. =D

I remember the first drug I ever tried was a mixture of amphetamine salts called Adderall back in 2002 when I was a freshman in high school. I didn't know what to expect. 20 minutes later I felt it. I was running around, talkative, confident, creative. Never felt that great in my life. A few weeks later I collapsed in gym class because of the amphetamine. Luckily, I had tricked my doctor into prescribing me Adderall XR, so I didn't get in trouble when drug test revealed amphetamines at the hospital. Nevertheless, I haven't touched the drug since.

I went on the hunt for a drug that made me feel as good as amphetamine and dexamphetamine. I tried benzos. Yuck. They just made me stumble around. Then I came across opioids. First one was hydrocodone. I liked it. But something was missing.

In summer 2003, a urologist found a cyst on my testicle. Was terrifying as we thought it was cancer at first. He said surgery would fix it, but didn't want to do it since I was only 15. He gave me a small prescription of tramadol and sent me on my way. I cut one in half and swallowed. I was not prepared for what was about to happen. At just 25mg, I felt so good I wanted to cry. I found my own personal little heaven. My own private answer to life. Wanting to hold on to tram, I only took it on Fridays. The script lasted until December. He gave me more.

This continued. I began to take it on Wednesdays as well. Then Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Soon, it was everyday that ended in with a "Y".

In 2007 my tram supplying urologist retired and I was forced to find another doc and I did immediately. This is just a regular doctor and he is very willing to prescribe me tramadol. Thankfully, he is aware how addicting this drug is and that it causes dependency. I am glad. Some doctors still don't know.

I remember the first time I felt the withdrawal. I didn't know what it was. Was lying in bed watching a movie with my then-girlfriend. I felt ill. Very ill. I decided to go ahead and take a dose and noticed I felt much better. That's when I knew...

I am lucky that 7 years later I am only at 200-250mg daily.

I actually fucked up this weekend. I hope others can learn from this unfortunate mistake. I completely forgot about tramadols antagonist properties. I took some(400mg, which is a low dose for my tolerance) a day after a full month or longer of daily codeine, Dihydrocodiene and hydrocodone use (legit for pain incurred through a high fall). I was attempting to save my harder drugs for I am running out. Well i completely forgot about the antagonistic qualities of this drug and sent myself into a two day hell of precipitate withdrawal. It was so fucking terrible.

If you are a daily or heavy user of conventional opiates it is best to avoid tramadol, or at least wait until you are in proper withdrawal (24-48 hours after your last dose) before taking any tramadol. Otherwise you will be instantly transported to a trippy withdrawal hell. Imagine all of the stimulant seratonagenic properties on top of full blown precipitated withdrawal. fucking awful!

^^^^ where do people get this straight up misinformation? Tramadol (and its metabolites) are STRICTLY agonists at the mu receptor. And low efficacy ones at that. Not an antagonist. At All. Ever.