⫸STICKY⫷ Official "I CANT POST" Megathread....with Mega-answers

If You Read My Other Posts Then You Will Know That Nothing Works Except This "Support

How ironic the support page is the only page the works...well i guess its a good thing because its the only page i can post on not matter what computer,name, etc....

SOMEBODY TELL ME WTF IS GOING ON PLLLLLEEEEAASSEEE:(

I tested every page and the support one is the only one that lets me post and works BUT IT STILL HAS ALL THE OTHER PROBLEMS OF REPLIES AND EVERYTHING ELSE MESSED UP.... IT JUST LETS ME POST

Thats it just letting the admins know whats going on the past few days<3:)

Hope the problem gets fixed soon :)or maybe never if its just my problem everyone else seems to be posting:(

2. I cant reply to ANYTHING and THREAD LIST IS ALL MESSED UP IT LOOKS JUST LIKE THIS

" Ryka I was able to take 2 days off... 17-06-2009, 13:02.
sleeplessdwarf34 I have been a drinker since... 17-06-2009, 14:00.
LaserHosen Agreed. I will be 34 in a few... 17-06-2009, 15:04.
Ryka Laser and sleepless... make... 17-06-2009, 18:22.
sleeplessdwarf34 Nice reply Ryka. Cold turkey... 17-06-2009, 20:17.
LaserHosen Well I think I'm winning:... 17-06-2009, 20:27.

17-06-2009, 05:04 #1
panic in paradise
The Dark Side

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this thread is for serious discussion only about alcohol, your experiences, or what you are experiencing, strategies to start stopping, or to just bitch about a hang over. feel free to say what you need to, there are plenty of alcoholics/binge drinkers here who can relate, such as my self. your problem no matter how large or small is serious to you, and us too.
we are here to listen and learn, not to glamorize or condone the drink. "

The replies dont show up normal they show up like this

"sleeplessdwarf34 Nice reply Ryka. Cold turkey... 17-06-2009, 20:17."

then you have to click on it to see it

THE ONLY WAY IT GOES BACK TO NORMAL IS IF I LOG OUT BUT THEN I CANT REPLY TO ANYTHING which brings me to topic 3

Thinks i'm with u bro :\

Merged in posts from 'the unknown' and 'welshmick'

unknown:
Part 1 - Your account is awaiting email validation, see more below. For everyone's edification, anyone can post in here but only logged in registered members can post in the other forums.
Part 2 - It's fine when logged out, but wonky when logged ..... account settings again. Go to UserCP and Edit your options for thread viewing. Here is a description of the different ways threads can be displayed, which you can set for yourself.
Part 3 - See part 1.
Part 4 - See part 1.

welshmick
What? Your account looks fine.

Refresher on this issue in general (from Part 1):
You're account is still waiting for email verification. You need to go to your email account and open the email that the site sent you when you registered and click on the link it provides. That should activate your account so you can post.

You may need to check in your trash/SPAM folder since some email accounts tend to direct the registration email into there rather than your inbox. If the email isn't there anymore, go to here and reset the password using the same email account - a new validation email will get sent to you.

Help - I can't post

OK so i trted replying to a few forums and i can not reply to any posts or in any forums....what's the deal with that? I have had my account for a little while now and i havent used it in a good while. I have never tried replying but have accidently replyed in the past. So my question is....cant i not reply to posts at all until i am a bluelighter or is something wrong with my account??:(
Thanks for any help!8(

1. Moved from the GALLERY megathread, as this is unrelated to GALLERY specific and is more of an overall BL access problem.

2. Your account is "Awaiting email confirmation", which is addressed a few times in this thread.

You're account is still waiting for email verification. You need to go to your email account and open the email that the site sent you when you registered and click on the link it provides. That should activate your account so you can post.

You may need to check in your trash/SPAM folder since some email accounts tend to direct the registration email into there rather than your inbox. If the email isn't there anymore, go to here and reset the password using the same email account - a new validation email will get sent to you.

3. Perhaps not tied to this recent poster, but it is common enough that we ought to add to this repeated message, perhaps with a re-link and re-quote the Greenlighter Guide FAQ

I changed my email address, and now a bunch of features don't work

Bluelight requires all email addresses to be verified before you are allowed to post. It is no different if you change your registered email address. If you change your registered email address, you will be placed in the Users Awaiting Email Confirmation group until your address is verified. To verify your address, just click on the link in the email sent to your new email address. If you have trouble receiving this email you can have it re-sent at this page.

Your account is fine, are you checking the 'remember me' box at the top right?

I am also having problems activating

I never received an activation email;I am getting the "Your account is not activated" flash,but have yet to get the email. thx

I also have the issue with a big pink banner saying i do not have permission. I figured it was prolly cause i havent been on here or posted anything in a while. is there something i can do or do i just need to create a new account and do it that way?

Have you done the email confirmation? Be sure to check your spam folder, and also make sure you have the correct address listed, and if you need to you can have the confirmation email resent.

Directions on how to get the confirmation email resent:
first - you can reset it yourself per the instructions in our Greenlighter Guide for getting your password reset (same effect, but you'll have to update your pwd once activated).

Last edited:
Helps to fight against spammers and spambots. Besides, is it really that hard to just go and click a link? :p

Can not post

when i try to post in CD social is says

The following errors occurred with your submission
You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.

what gives

-Bishop

I got the same thing while trying to PM.

It solved it self somehow?

I don't know how to help you but I am sorry that it is happening to you.

I'll post in the CD Social and see if it'll work or not for me, just to see if it's something specific to your account or not.

It worked.

Well I don't know what gives man, I hope it works out for you.

when i try to post in CD social is says

The following errors occurred with your submission
You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.

what gives

-Bishop

-MERGED-

Your account is fine, are you clicking the 'Remember Me' box? There may be other pointers as well, buried in this thread....perhaps we should have a SUPPORT mod collect the relevant info into a new initial post for this MEGA thread (rather than having it scattered throughout the thread) and simply keep pointing people there?

EDIT - if such a summary reference is created, it ought to point out that members cannot reply to closed threads or hidden threads (perhaps with an explanation of why it is visible and clickable from a forums level, but not within the forum itself?)

^^Your account is still awaiting email confirmation. Ball is in your court.