⫸STICKY⫷ Official "I CANT POST" Megathread....with Mega-answers

for some reason when im trying to activate this account and it says that ive done so it still has the red banner stating that i haven't done it... very frustrating any ideas??? I follow the url and put in the activation ID but it doesnt take it

sorry the font was so big lol

​Me too... maybe thats why

we can only send password activation emails to the email address on file. if you're unable to get activated, send an email to [email protected] from the email address you use to create the account and we'll activate you.

alasdair

even if its a different email???
because that's my prob the original email address is locked out

here's the message i get:

imseven, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

yep me too!!! the im also getting this "[h=2]Bluelight Message[/h]Your account has already been activated so please try logging in.

but im already logged in and it still has the red banner stating im not activated:?

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave the wrong email address, an old one that I can't find anymore. I checked spam too and it's not there. How can I change my email address? Thank you for any help!

for some reason when im trying to activate this account and it says that ive done so it still has the red banner stating that i haven't done it... very frustrating any ideas??? I follow the url and put in the activation ID but it doesnt take it

sorry the font was so big lol

​Me too... maybe thats why

even if its a different email???
because that's my prob the original email address is locked out

yep me too!!! the im also getting this "[h=2]Bluelight Message[/h]Your account has already been activated so please try logging in.

but im already logged in and it still has the red banner stating im not activated:?

It appears as though it's been activated. Are you still getting that message?

Also, in the future use the 'edit' feature on the bottom right of your posts rather than making one post after another.

Hey guys, I have a problem that im hoping someone(hopefully a mod) will be able to assist me with. I've been a member of BL since 2010 and have over 2000 posts. I never had a problem. But I haven't been an "active" member for over 3 years because of an extremely debilitating spinal infection I had.

Anyway, when I came back to BL a couple days ago, I STILL had no problems. Then today, just a couple of minutes ago, I realized that the email address that I have saved has LONG been "out of service" or whatever the term is, so I went to my profile page or whatever it's called and clicked on the option to change my email. After I put it and saved my new ACTIVE email address, I was immediately told that my account hasn't been activated and that I never went to my email inbox to click on the link or whatever to activate it. SO now I have practically ZERO privileges.

I don't know how to take care of this problem. There was never a "new" "activation email" sent to my new email address, so how am I supposed to do what it's telling me to do?(go to my email and activate my account).

If someone knows how to take care of this problem please let me know as I cannot post ANYTHING where I need to. I will be very grateful. Thanks.

***UPDATE/EDIT***
I'm sorry, it seems I was able to fix this issue after all. It turns out that I WAS sent a new "activation" email to my new email address but I couldn't see it because it was in my SPAM folder. And for some reason my phone doesn't notify me when I get a new email in that particular folder like it does when I get a new email in ANY other folder. Sry if I have wasted anyone's time.

Last edited:
If I entered the wrong email when registering how do I go back and change it? Or do I have to start over under another username.

Activated email. Still cannot post.

Hi. I activated the email almost 90 min ago and still cannot post. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to help.
Momgoose

I have been a member since 2009 but a long time lurker i want to start posting and it is telling me my account isn't activated. The issue I am having is the email i signed up with 5 years ago no longer exists for me to activate my account. HELP PLEASE thanks..

^ can you please at least try to help us help you?

can you read back through this thread, see what we asked other people having activation issues to do. and do that.

thanks.

alasdair

i posted yesterday and never received the email necessary to activate the account I spent so much time on re- requesting the email that i,from experience can answer my own question which may be helpful to others now. It's not in my spam,junk,inbox etc. it never came and all attempts to " click here for another one to be sent" as it reads is frustrating because nothing has been sent to me. I even tried creating a new separate email but nothing?

can you read back through this thread, see what we asked other people having activation issues to do. and do that.

(hint: read post #840).

thanks.

alasdair

I recall activating successfully at least once, yet I still seem to get the red notice. Today, I changed my email address (too much spam at the other one, finally reached my limit!) and I'm wondering if that's the reason. It is an icloud address, and
I don't know how to check for spam. I've asked for activation codes twice at the icloud address yet nothing arrives. Any suggestions?

can you read the post immediately before your post.

:\

alasdair

that's the reason.

you will be able to post in the lounge once you reach Bluelighter status by having 50 posts.

Thank u for clarifying that as I have been searching for a few hrs about this.. But 1 extra step to this, is it ONLY for starting new threads, or any and all threads in, for example, the lounge.
Will I get a notification when I change my color status or do I just need to pay attention to my main screen?

And 1 more thing if u have a moment

I looked thru the FAQ/troubleshooting, what have u. It says if u have questions to pm an admin for the forum. I understand I can't pm until I am no longer a greeny, but almost ALL the admin hyperlinks I click on that send me to their profile page, do not have the option to pm them to ask questions like this.
I did read ppl have the option of removing the IM capabilities. Am I maybe not looking in the correct spot to email an admin?

Only been at this a week, but trying to do as much research before absolutely having to post. And I am sorry in advance if u have answered this in the past.. Most quest I see are about not being able to post due to not proper activation steps. I know I am good there, it's just random parts I can't.

Thank you again for taking time to respond at ur earliest convenience ;)
~RooBear

I've clicked on the email link and it says I verified. I still can't find anywhere on here that says I can post and I really need help!

^ your account is activated so you're fine to post anywhere (except the lounge).

welcome to bluelight.

alasdair

Alas fairy

Can u tell me why, when I pm'd a admin over a week ago, I didint get a response? I have a few ques I want to make sure I understand, & sometimes it gets lost in threads. I just want to make sure I don't step over boundaries ect
So they get alerts of emails or they just have to check it at their discretion?

I go to post a new thread in the "other drugs" forum, and it keeps saying I must select a thread prefix, but I do not see where I select one. I'm on a tablet, could that be why I'm having trouble?

Alas fairy

Can u tell me why, when I pm'd a admin over a week ago, I didint get a response? I have a few ques I want to make sure I understand, & sometimes it gets lost in threads. I just want to make sure I don't step over boundaries ect
So they get alerts of emails or they just have to check it at their discretion?
i can't answer for anybody else. for various reasons, bronson, foreigner and vaya are operating at a reduced capacity currently.

feel free to drop me a pm and i'll help.

alasdair