• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2013 NBA Thread vers. flippity floppity

Status
Not open for further replies.
^from the wiki on the NHL Playoffs:

The first round of the playoffs, or Conference Quarterfinals, consists of four match-ups in each conference, based on the seedings (No. 1 vs. No. 8, No. 2 vs. No. 7, No. 3 vs. No. 6, and No. 4 vs. No. 5). In the second round, or Conference Semifinals, the top remaining conference seed plays against the lowest remaining seed, and the other two remaining conference teams pair off (unlike the NBA, for example, where the 1–8 winner always plays the 4–5 winner, regardless of who wins).

Re-seeding ensures that the best matchup takes place in the conference finals.

The NBA and BCS probably have some of the same people in their committees. ;)

Another Rondo trip dub & KG playing like he is 26. I'm not sure how long this winning formula can last.

Both LA teams make it to the 2nd round but face 2 very rested and excellent teams. I do not see either of them advancing. Basically, it is Heat v Spurs/Thunder for the title.

It's the best matchup remaining in the East. Unfortunately this retarded league doesn't re-seed during the playoffs, so you'll see Indiana at Miami on Sunday

I didn't know that.

That is pretty lame.

Is it too much to ask for the Thunder to run over, around and through the Fakeshow tonight and all during the series? I want to see Metta Ron Ron and Bynum have epic meltdowns. Wouldn't mind seeing Perkins at 100% and push Andrew's punk ass around either.

I dont see that happening. I think the Thunder win in 6 though. Bynum may be a punk but id act like an ass if I was in trade rumors everyday too. Hard to go all out for a team that is shopping you around. Kobe is the only thing holding the Lakers together. Phil got out at the right time. If the NBA didnt squash the Chris Paul trade they would be the favorites.

with Chris Bosh out indefinitely, now The World will see once and for all whether he is a soft little pussyboy or an indispensable presence in the paint.

I do hope Spoelstra finds a way to work backup center Dexter Pittman back into the rotation. The other backups--Turiaf and Joel Anthony--are nonentities on offense. But Pittman can score.

C's lost but..........Lakers got blowed up by OKC so that made up for it.

Bosh being out will hurt the Heat but only in the sense that Indy wont get blown out in this series now. They may even make it a 6 game series with Bosh hurting.

Celtics game was a good one. That foul on KG was pretty absurd. He's known as a physical player and a lot of people hate him for that, but he's a veteran and it wasn't that ridiculous of a screen, AND most important it was the single deciding play of the game. I hope the Celtics make it to at least the Conference Finals, but that's more sentimental than anything. Celtics in seven...but I'm not making any bets on it.

Miami doesn't and never has needed Chris Bosh, IMO. Also IMO they would be better off without ever having signed him because he was a financial sinkhole that they could have spent to build an epic team around Wade and James. That said, they did sign him, and they're certainly not better without him for nothing so...Miami in five.

Out West it doesn't look like the Lakers are going to do much damage on the Thunder. Looking back it would have been damn interesting to see Chris Paul and Kobe getting it done this season. I guess the real question there is what is going to happen in the future. Does Kobe finish off his career with the Lakers and hope they somehow put together a competitive team for his last years in the league. Or does he somehow maneuver his way out and try and find new hope on a different contender. From what I've always seen of Kobe, I would have to say he will be exploring his options. The dude is like a basketball robot. I don't know where his contract is at but he could step next door and make the Clippers a lot more interesting...

True but at least he's not dirty + autistic like Ron Artest. Ever see Artest being asked a question about anything, it's like he doesn't grasp even the simplest facets of human communication/interaction.

tumblr_m2oi92VUFj1qed5gpo1_500.jpg

if Bosh is gonna be out Im startin to warm up to the idea of the Pacers having a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.