• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2013 NBA Thread vers. flippity floppity

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lebron wants to win his 20+ championships, and in LA, he should go to the Clippers. Imagine a Big Three of Chris Paul, Blake Griffen and Lebron James.

Nate Robinson signs with the Denver Nuggets. 2 Year deal worth a little over 4 million. I'm happy for him, and actually he is going to fit in Denver's style of play better than Chicago coming off the bench backing up Ty Lawson.

Nate Robinson still isn't signed with a team yet, seriously wtf

feel bad for him, he is so under payed
top PG in the league that has proven himself keeps getting 1 year deals with a new team every season

It's because he is a diva, and all he can do is score. He has nothing on defense, is only 5'10 and causes locker room issues. He's either spectacular or worse than the And 1 Mixtape. He isn't owed that job.

First of all do you just make this shit up? No seriously where the do you get that he is a diva? He is one of, if not the hardest working players in the NBA. With Nate you know your going to get 100% full effort every single game until the very last scond. One of the best teammates you could have on your team. Not to mention he has the respect from so many of the best players in this league.. even retired players.

Next you say "all he can do is score". Nope not true at all, once again I don't where you come up with this.. Look at his career stats. Yes he is an excellent scorer, and the last time I checked the NBA is all about buckets. Every team needs offense, especially somebody who can shoot and drive it into the paint.

Lol Nate can't play defense? This seriously makes me wonder if you have ever watched him play more than 1 game because he is all over the court getting steals and disrupting the flow of the opposing offense. If you can't see that well idk you must be blind or something.

pretty sure i last heard there are teams interested in him idk why he isnt signed though. he's a great scorer but doesn't get any assists and well he's 5'9" so he can't play defense.
i'd say he's a great backup but i wouldnt want him starting.

That's exactly what he is and he's even said he want's to be the guy that comes off the bench, he doesn't want to start. Seriously he said that i'll find the video in a minute.

can't deny the guy's game

but from what i've heard he's got a classic case of short man syndrome
i.e. acting all alpha, compensating for his little bitty skeletal shell

guys like that can crush chemistry, him having played for so many teams is hardly a coincidence

Where do you get this? Last I heard he was one of the best teammates you could have. He'll never quit on you, he doesn't bitch at teammates.. He's a natural leader

Nate Robinson Ranking last season:
He played in a 82 games btw. Another thing he has is durability. Remember when Gerald Wallace stepped on his head and he shook it off like nothing.or how about in the Playoffs when Lebron landed on his head and he had to get 10 stiches and he came back in after halftime and ended up dropping 27 points with the win over Miami and was 1 assist away from having a triple-double. Remeber how he was puking into a garbage can on the sidelines while playing through the flu.
Point is this guy is anything but a "Diva"

In case you forgot:

Nate Robinson Ranking last season:

Ranks #33 in the NBA in Assists Per Game (4.4)
Ranks #29 in the NBA in Three-Point Field-Goal Percentage (0.405)
Ranks #48 in the NBA in Field Goal Attempts (921)
Ranks #26 in the NBA in Three-Point Field Goals Made (141)
Ranks #33 in the NBA in Three-Point Field Goal Attempts (348 )
Ranks #35 in the NBA in Assists (358 )
Ranks #27 in the NBA in Assists Per Turnover (2.49)
Ranks #38 in the NBA in Steals Per Turnover (0.59)
Ranks #38 in the NBA in Field Goals Per 48 Minutes (9.18 )
Ranks #27 in the NBA in Field-Goal Attempts Per 48 Minutes (21.19)
Ranks #19 in the NBA in Three-Point Field Goals Per 48 Minutes (3.24)
Ranks #21 in the NBA in Assists Per 48 Minutes (8.2)
Ranks #49 in the NBA in Steals Per 48 Minutes (1.96)
Ranks #27 in the NBA in Points Per 48 Minutes (24.7)

Ok so there are 30 Teams in the NBA right? and about roughly 450 players in the NBA
You honestly going to tell me he doesn't deserve a better contract when he ranks below #30 in multiple categories? He could be the leading scorer for some teams...
and the fact he comes off the bench and puts up those kind of numbers, it's ridiculous.

This video will make you say "oh shit" at least 8 times

#2 and #1 are unreal

blocking Yao Ming

Don't even try to tell me this guy can't play defense

[video=youtube_share;93bllUS8clQ]http://youtu.be/93bllUS8clQ[/video]

That's exactly what he is and he's even said he want's to be the guy that comes off the bench, he doesn't want to start. Seriously he said that i'll find the video in a minute.

[video=youtube_share;Pp8zJt3XxRM]http://youtu.be/Pp8zJt3XxRM[/video]

It okay Arci, since you don't understand how to watch or play basketball I'll let you off this time.
Stats are notoriously deceptive, if you stopped to think about why he's been on 5 team in 4 years you would get a little insight into my opinion of him. I don't mind little Nate, but he is known as a hot dog and is incredibly disruptive in the locker room.

He's tough shit, I'll give you that, but you don't get to be a RB at a PAC 12 school without being tough. He is chiseled, yes that's true, but he is also a whiner and refuses to do the little things that a real glue guy needs o do in the NBA. He's all flash ad flare, having a few blocks is more a testament to his superior athletic ability than his defensive fundamentals and real commitment to playing a team game. He plays the 1 spot but is essentially never willing to go for the assist over the high percentage bucket (stats lie buddy) and to be honest a lot of his offensive game is lacking too. Basically all he can do is drive, his shot is average at best.

Overall, id say he is a backup on a mid level team at best, basketball isn't always pretty and he just isn't commited to doing the little things like directing the offensive dynamic or even working on his off the ball defense. He may rank in top 35 in a lot o caratories but think about how many times he is a liability while on the floor. Hell I would refuse to give him a contract strictly based on his size, you can't teach height buddy. Put him against someone like AI2(shoulda win the dunk contest) and he falls short. Literally.

I think you need to reevaluate how you think about basketball. You're just a classic nut hugger.

Last edited:
Then why doesn't he silence the rumors and speculation by stating his intention to remain with the Heat?

Lebron should be revered in a way similar to how Jordan was revered by the entire world during his heyday. Instead, he's widely considered a scumbag (or worst). He has people constantly talking to him about how he'd be beloved if he were a Laker (which is probably true, the Lakers being the Yankees of the NBA). If his narcissism is steep enough, that narrative may strike a chord.

Riley stated several times that he wanted to keep the whole team intact. But Arison still amnestied Miller. That hints at divisions in the Front Office. Can a divided FO keep Lebron away from LA? Granted, LA has its own divisions, but they're still LA.

I think LeBron is just being careful. Most likely, he has absolutely no intention of ever leaving Miami, but he knows from past experience that he shouldn't go out there and say that, because things change. And when you say you want to stay in some place for the rest of your career, and then you don't, people get really, really mad. So I think LeBron is just being extra cautious based on his previous experience leaving Cleveland.

If he leaves, I highly doubt it will be with the Lakers. That franchise is a mess right now. No way LeBron is playing for an organization that hires Mike D'Antoni (and Mike Brown).

Additionally, the Mike Miller issue will blow over before the end of the month. I liked the guy, but he was hardly indispensable and is perpetually on the verge of retirement/paraplegia. Most likely, it represents a strategy by Arison to manage to resign LeBron, Wade, and Bosh despite the Luxury Tax bill, which is enormous. Everybody is pissed off now, but as soon as the Heat starts winning again, nobody will care. If we lose in the Finals this year, nobody is going to be saying "Man, I think we would have won it again if Miller were still here." It's a non-issue. Nobody likes that it happened, but it isn't the end of the world and Riley isn't going to fault the guy for wanting to save $30 million on a guy who can't even stand up straight.

1011253_445422818898500_757565944_n.jpg

Go Jazz? nah, hope he plays well tho
still can't believe the t-wolves traded him

Last edited:
Pacers just made a trade with the Suns to get Luis Scola. Damn they just got a lot better
also added Chris Copeland and Cj Watson this off season

They might have the most depth in the league right now, Miami better watch out next year

wow

Luis Scola is a good starting PF and he'll be backing up David West. and we didnt even really give anything up for him.

Starting 5 : George Hill, Paul George, Danny Granger, David West, Roy Hibbert
Bench : CJ Watson, Lance Stephenson, Chris Copeland, Luis Scola, Ian Mahinmi

championship

Scola doesn't seem like a Vogel guy. He's never sucker-punched anybody on the court, for instance.

Man the sporting world sucks without NBA or NFL going on. I need a time machine.

You can keep the stupid NFL. Their product is so commercialized now that it's unwatchable. Every time out, every injury, every review is an excuse to break for commercials. I'm tired of seeing sequences like: touchdown, commercial, extra point, commercial, kickoff, commercial. 9 minutes of ads for every minute of gameplay. Even at the stadium the players have to stand around like idiots so the networks can gouge their viewers. I will no longer contribute to the unbridled capitalism that is the NFL.

Plus you can't even touch anybody now without getting a flag thrown on you. I'm done with that league.

Plus you can't even touch anybody now without getting a flag thrown on you. I'm done with that league.

an NBA fan criticizing the NFL for shitty refs?

I personally love football miles ahead of any other sport.

I love basketball more than any other sport, and I think the NBA is more enjoyable to watch than NFL. I am bias though

Football is my 2nd favorite sport to watch. Both sports are great though

anyways... Detroit Pistons sign Brandon Jennings to a 3 yr/$24mil contract, but they lose Brandon Knight to Milwaukee in the deal.

Detroit Pistons

PG: Chauncey Billups
SG: Brandon Jennings
SF: Josh Smith
PF: Greg Monroe
C: Andre Drummond

That is a pretty sick starting 5 right there. Might be able to make a run in the playoffs

I completely missed the whole Josh Smith becoming a Piston thing. Good to see Detroit fighting its way back to relevance.

I know I am actually really excited to see how they turn out next season, they have a lot of young talent on their roster now.

Man I remember not too long ago when the Pistons were actually really fucking good. Chauncey, Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace
fuck man those were the days.

I went to a Pistons game when I was younger and I got see them play the Cavs(When they still had Lebron) it was awesome
Detroit has some of the best fans too. Going to be a lot of excitement in the D this year.. Tigers, Red Wings, Pistons are looking good this year, and the Lions might even be better this year

Status
Not open for further replies.