• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2011 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if the fulton county DA was willing to let it go, i think its time for the peanut gallery to. He's been a very good role model since then, and I hope he comes back for another year.

I'd rather just bury him and move on— this is coming from someone who wanted him unsentimentally shit-canned years ago so PSU could actually get a coach who coached, get some players, and kick OSU's teeth in.

if the fulton county DA was willing to let it go, i think its time for the peanut gallery to. He's been a very good role model since then, and I hope he comes back for another year.

Well a DA is one thing, but apparently even Google assumes you must be talking about Ray the Ripper as soon as you put his name in. It's the first option in the autofill.
Peanuts are unforgiving creatures.

Anyway if I was the kicker I'd rather they didn't make it obvious that they all thought I was a pathetic little baby.

the fact that ray lewis might have killed a man makes him awesome and intimidating, i can't recall any specifics from the event(too busy celebrating ram's superbowl victory, it happened that night) i really don't care if he did it, murder happens yo, guy probably deserved it ;)

It's not hard to kill someone considering a pretzel almost felled the mighty George Bush, nothing awesome about it IMO. The guy probably DID deserve a beating, shit happens. I still think it's funnier imagining him as a murdering bastard with the golden tongue.

That pretzel is still a hero in my eyes. So close, but yet so far.

Get used to not respecting or liking Ray for much, much longer cos even once he retires he wont be going anywhere. Hes got the makings of an incredible coach. Feel bad for Ed more than anyone. Legend

it's gone very quiet in here...

tfj1deqds0ryxeaz9hjq2gkeg.gif

is the afc victory in the pro-bowl foreshadowing?

:)

alasdair

Ray Lewis, I believe, never pulled the trigger. you niggaz need to get your story straight. I respect Ray Lewis and his sentiments for the usually-good Billy Cundiff - his words were amazing. and this praise means two-fold because I am a Steelers fan, and although I do hate Ray Lewis - you have to respect him

the only problem I have with Ray Lewis, is just how suddenly he turned his life around. initially, he plays a decent part in the role of a murder of another Baltimore man. then SUDDENLY afterwards Ray Lewis because a sort of Holier-than-Thou sort of figure, befit with the largest cloth of all-time. my point is, the transaction from Everyman-Baltimore thug to your Sunday school teacher was anything but smooth

Giants VS Pats - I have tons of memories from the first SB four years ago. I was living in Boston at the time, and attending a Pats VS Giants SB party that was mostly represented by the Pats fans, obviously. I guess I've always been a closet Giants fan. they beat the Pats and hell, isn't their defensive line SO impressive?

I will give some respect for the Pats and Giants for being the smartest teams in the Playoffs this year. the Pats had a horrid defense, but thanks to some scheming and some no-name defensive players, seem to have gotten over that hump. or is the fact that the Pats triumphed over the formerly offensively challenged Broncos/Ravens going to haunt them in this SB against the well-balanced offensively, NY Giants?

I will also give the Giants credit for being the smartest guy in the room, concerning the NFC. at one point this team flirted with .500, but they have reeled off something like 7 straight

I'm still going with the Giants on this one

in more Defensive NFL News, there seems to be a battle between Denver's Von Miller and San Fran's Aldon Smith for Defensive Rookie of the Year. Von Miller plays LB in a 4-3 (where a LB has to do more than just rush the passer, must play run support, outside/inside contain, etc) and Smith plays LB in a 3-4 (where he is lucky enough to mostly just be in on 3rd-and-long where he must rush the passer). Aldon Smith's numbers might be a little inflated due to this, but hell, I'm taking him. I've always been a 3-4 defensive guy at my heart

Aldon Smith had a bad ass year

Ray Lewis, I believe, never pulled the trigger. you niggaz need to get your story straight. I respect Ray Lewis and his sentiments for the usually-good Billy Cundiff - his words were amazing. and this praise means two-fold because I am a Steelers fan, and although I do hate Ray Lewis - you have to respect him

You are right. He stabbed them.

I'm going to get something off my chest. it's important to me and I do believe that it encapsulates everything wrong with the NFL today

Madonna... fucking Madonna is the SB half-time show. isn't this so wrong on so many different levels? maybe it's because I'm a music guy and maybe I'm blowing this out of proportion, but I highly doubt that the last thing a bunch of greasy, middle-aged NFL want to see during half-time at Indianapolis on Sunday is Madonna, singing the single from her new video, trying to revitalize her career once again. doesn't she realize it's been even a decade, now, from "do you believe in love after love?" I'm with Jay-Z, fuck auto-tune

the NFL is missing big, once again. this is why this league is considered old, out of date, and more like the No Fun League. true - how much better would it be if the NFL signed a band that was another one of those formerly vainglorious megalithic classic rock super powers... but at least I would be able to digest that as a fan of both music and sport

I wouldn't piss on the hag if she was on fire. Not only is her music total fucking dogshit, she looks like a 60 year old transvestite. The perfect halftime show requirements it seems.

Whatever happens, it will take a fuck up of mammoth proportions to be worse than the Black Eyed Cunts last year. Maybe she'll break a hip and melt into the stage under the lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.