• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2011 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So amped for tomorrows game. This could be one of the hardest hitting football games we've seen in a while. Both teams are hungry after being after-thoughs all year, and knocking off the perceived best teams in the league.

Eli Manning better be able to throw that ball in the rain because there is no way that the Giants are going to win on the ground. I hope Pat Willis TKO's Brandon Jacobs after all the smack he has talked this week.

It baffles me that the 49ers are still not getting the media attention they deserve. They are definitely the least talked about team of the final 4, even though they are playing lights out football in all three phases of the game. Even if they win this week they will most likely be underdogs vs either the Pats/Ravens in the SB.

i've never seen an interview with him and he retired on time to save his brain

so yeah i'll give it to ya, he's likely more intelligent than his peers

The only upside to a superbowl with new england playing is the whole "plucky underdog versus the ultimate evil" thing

Peyton to sign with SF in the offseason now? :|

I'm guessing people will be bitching about Alex Smith on SF sports radio this week. Silly fair weather fans.

Good game Care. You really can't expect your team to win when the wider receivers only have 1 or 2 total receptions, and the tight end has 2 or 3. I think the Giants were the better of the 2 to face New England, since they can put up points and all.

Very frustrating loss. We need to draft some fucking wide receivers. Alex Smith didnt play great but ever since Josh Morgan got hurt we have really been hurting for wideouts, so cant fully blame Smith. Crabtree was non-existent yesterday, Davis seemed like the only guy interested in making a play.

And Wyld... did you really just call SF fans "fair weather fans"? gimmie a break.

^ i don't think he was referring to all sf fans - he was talking about those who come out of the woodwork towards the end of a good season and talk like they've been fans all their lives. i.e. the type of fans who'll be criticising smith on monday instead of giving him the credit he and the rest of the team deserve for a great season.

that's how i read it.

alasdair

Crabtree's got some splainin to do...you hold out and then you can't hold onto a ball? Seems lame. At least Desean Jackson made it obvious that he was amazing, but not trying.

This is true, as demonstrated by his desire to get the hell out while he could still speak without an impediment, much to everyone's disdain. Just prove to everyone that you're the best and then skip out on Detroit before the bubble burst. No argument here.

Excruciatingly hard to take. Again. Just the manner of the loss. No point crying over spilled milk and analysing it to death. Came up short(or very wide in this case)and the best team went through. Need more weapons for Flacco and another pass rusher for the other side would be sweet, but not too much tweaking, it was a decent season. Joe played a great game, even if that will be forgotten about come September.

Hope Gronkowski gets his ankle sorted and plays in the Superbowl after the outstanding year hes had. Congrats on the win Alasdair, should be a cracking game.

Ya, I don't think Tom Brady lets another ring slip through his fingers to fall into Eli's hot little hands. Who knows though.

^ i don't think he was referring to all sf fans - he was talking about those who come out of the woodwork towards the end of a good season and talk like they've been fans all their lives. i.e. the type of fans who'll be criticising smith on monday instead of giving him the credit he and the rest of the team deserve for a great season.

that's how i read it.

alasdair

And not to mention the jerks who tweeted that Kyle Williams should die. Fringe a-hole fans that the Niners dont need.

I thought we were all rich assholes who lived off wine and imported cheese?

Honestly though, I doubt any of those threats on twitter were serious. This kind of thing happens when someone costs their team the win in a big game. Not excusing the behavior, but its not really something exclusive to SF fans. All well supported teams have fans that take things too far when something extreme happens.

More than likely Williams will never live down those moments. This is probably the most bitter ive ever felt about a loss for any of my teams. Even so, I hope the Giants destroy Brady next week for two reasons. I dont want Brady to match Montana in rings, and It would add another chapter to the lore of NYG/SF playoff history.

And I think that Alex Smith does deserve some criticism for the way the game went. He had a great season no doubt, but going 1 for 13 on first downs is no way to win a football game. The fact that we were in a position to win that game is an immense credit towards the 49er defensive unit.

Michael Phelps looks like Eli Manning ate Tony Robbins whole.

I hate the Giants and I don't think they'll win, one reason being because they have a better team than the Patriots and the Patriots always do better when they win by 3 instead of by 30. They couldn't help but win by 30 against the Broncos though.

Alex Smith was throwing balls into the dirt all game, the Patriots are in another league on offense. I'm excited for the rematch.

The punt that Williams let roll off his knee was horrific, a criminal play. The Giants were after going 3 and out, 4 times in a row and they were handed the lead on a plate.

He fumbled the ball in a first quarter trick play and luckily jumped back on top of it, then the horrible roll off his knee. Hes already an inexperienced player, in a high pressure situation cos of an injury to Ted Ginn.The coaches should've seen how nervous he was, do what the Giants were doing, catch it and sit down.

Its not surprising hearing about the threats but No matter how critical fans want to be, theres a line you dont cross. The game will haunt him more than anyone.

one player - or one play - never wins or loses a game.

i have a huge amount of respect for ray lewis and his comments on billy cundiff directly after the ravens' loss.

alasdair

Billy Cundiff and Kyle Williams need to hang out or something, they are probably the only 2 people that know how each other feel right now.

The loss hurts a little less now. Im wearing my 49er sweatshirt to university today and getting a lot of sad looks from people.

one player - or one play - never wins or loses a game.

i have a huge amount of respect for ray lewis
and his comments on billy cundiff directly after the ravens' loss.

alasdair

I can't respect him. I view anything positive that he does as him just being thankful for getting away with murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.