• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

OctSOBER - Getting/Staying Clean Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 46. Still feeling good. People keep commenting on how good I look, that I look skinnier. Must have lost a few pounds since I am no longer ingesting all those empty beer calories.

Had a bad craving day a few days ago where I was actively fantasizing about buying a six pack and imaging the taste of the beer. Got over it, obviously. Reminding myself of all the negative repercussions is what helped me get over that fantasy.

Still going out dancing, and have been offered drinks nearly every time, which I have easily turned down. Seems like the cravings don't really happen out and about for some reason.

But yay for almost 7 weeks!

I'm going to be back on day one tomorrow guys... kinda bummed out that I got myself back here. I'm not sure how long I was using for exactly, maybe like a week? whatever it was, I started getting sick today... and I panicked, and picked up again instead of just riding it out.

but I have to be done. If I learned anything from this, it's that I can't get away with "just smoking it every once in a while"... I started slipping fast, and I doubt it would take long for me to get back to full-blown needle use. I need to stop now while it's still possible to do it cold turkey.

I know I shouldn't feel ashamed but I do anyway. I think I also got overconfident. I was also dumb and let my responsibilities start falling by the wayside, so now I have a bunch of shit to figure out while I detox... like what I'm going to do about court.

I just want to be back to where I was not that long ago, damn it happens fast :(

^ Progress, not perfection sweetie <3

What matters is even though you had a slip-up, you're still willing to start getting clean all over again! Be proud of yourself for that, as some may just get discouraged and give up <3

May have to leave all that old life behind if you want to escape for good Burton<3

Allot of people doing amazing things in their battles.. makes me smile to read=D

I just realized Oct 3rd marked 7 months free of active addiction from opiates/IV drug use for me =D

^That's amazing ad lib, congrats!!

20 days today :)

Just wanted to add this thread is absolutely amazing, it's given me way more motivation than I would ever have imagined. When I feel like giving up I just remind myself I want to be able to continue posting my progress in here and it works. So thanks to everyone in here <3

Day 46. Still feeling good. People keep commenting on how good I look, that I look skinnier. Must have lost a few pounds since I am no longer ingesting all those empty beer calories.

Had a bad craving day a few days ago where I was actively fantasizing about buying a six pack and imaging the taste of the beer. Got over it, obviously. Reminding myself of all the negative repercussions is what helped me get over that fantasy.

Still going out dancing, and have been offered drinks nearly every time, which I have easily turned down. Seems like the cravings don't really happen out and about for some reason.

But yay for almost 7 weeks!

I've also lost like 15 pounds of fat, can't complain about that. Probably also cause I've been exercising pretty intensely for the past few months.

I'm jealous of you though. I can't go out to bars and parties anymore. What happens is I see these people drinking normally and it just makes me jealous and think I can do it too. Plus it just reminds me of my old ways. Out of sight out of mind is the only way for me.

On that note.. Weekend night are the hardest. I just feel so alone. My girlfriend is off with our mutual friends drinking at a party. I feel like I have no sober friends. All my friends drink. Which is expected.. I'm a male in my young 20s. Only a few actually drink heavily too though, but still, being around people who have had 3-4 drinks doesn't make it any easier than people who have had 10.

But on the flip side weekend mornings are the BEST. I mean, I was blacking out almost every night for a while there but the weekends I just went extra hard cause everyone else was doing it too. No more hangovers is fantastic.

I don't mean to sound too down. Overall I am doing very well. Cravings come and go but not very often anymore. I haven't had an intense craving in a while. Lately it's more of a 'want' than a 'need' which is easily manageable, especially cause the 'want' is only there 0.1% of the time. I can genuinely say I am happy.

I was just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

edit:

The thing I'm most proud of lately is that I am learning to deal with my emotions and my reward circuits in my brain. Alcohol is no longer the solution to every emotion I felt, whether they were positive or negative. When I'm having a bad day, alcohol is not the first thing that pops into my head as a solution. I've mostly convinced myself that alcohol isn't going to solve my problems.

Day 46

Missed posting yesterday due to going to my boyfriends work trip to Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights. It was awesome.

Day 46

Missed posting yesterday due to going to my boyfriends work trip to Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights. It was awesome.

I miss Orlando. I already have plans to go back for Thanksgiving but depending on how the PAWS are going I might have to put it off until Christmas. Nothing like benzo withdrawal to fuck up a vacation.

Aw man <3 I'm tapering from benzos that's what my days are so I KNOW exactly what you're going through <3. Are you compleatly off them and just dealing with the aftermath at this point, or still tapering? I feel for ya. <3 I hope you can make it down.

I miss PA (where my parents are) and NJ (where my heart belongs -- 2 miles from the beach). Orlando is a decent enough city though that I enjoy it enough and has enough things to do to have fun. I could really use a beach within a 20mi radius though.

I'm jealous of you though. I can't go out to bars and parties anymore. What happens is I see these people drinking normally and it just makes me jealous and think I can do it too. Plus it just reminds me of my old ways. Out of sight out of mind is the only way for me.

On that note.. Weekend night are the hardest. I just feel so alone.

For some reason I feel like forcing myself to be around drinkers. At times it can get overwhelming and annoying and I just want to leave whatever situation it is, but I just tell myself that is my social anxiety speaking and I usually get over it. It really is interesting to see how drunk people really fiend out for another drink, and have such dull glazed eyes and demeanors. Just makes me think how I was like that!

I would rather be clear eyed, clear headed, and healthy.

It would be nice to be in environments where there isn't such a focus on drinking, though. I just love dancing too much to deprive myself just because there will be alcohol consumption around me.

That's good that you are rewiring how to deal with your emotions. It really does take effort to tell yourself that a drink (or whatever) is not going to solve what ever unpleasant emotion you are going through at the moment.

Day 49.

Right on, good job on 49 days!

It definitely is too bad that the places you would likely go to dance in a social setting happen to be bars, but it is awesome that you have the strength to be around them and have that perspective. It really speaks tons to where you are mentally in all this! Good job!

It's been a while since I've been around, but I'm still going strong. We had a daughter on 9-13, so I've been really busy with all that.

9 months and 8 days, now. I've been spending most of my time, when I can be away from home, educating people on e-cigs. I guess it's better to have people coming to me for advice than what they use to come for.. Today, is my first day back at work after being off for at least a month. The shutdown has impacted our company's work, but at least I still have a job.

I'm buying tickets tonight for STS9's NYE run. The last time I went to Atlanta for that in 2008, I was at the end of my profitable period of being active and was on Subutex. Of course with the amount I would do if it was in front of me, regardless of ceiling effect, we didn't have any for that 4-night run.. We looked around forever to find it, but we just ended up being miserable. I'm so glad that this year it won't be like that, and I can actually just enjoy the music for the music again.

Love and kisses for all!!!

Come on star 48.. you expect us to belive that you busted out 48 eight days in this short of a time.. ...... ....... very nice work stardust.hero

Hi, everyone... Tell you what... I know things are getting easier for me when days go by and I don't think about Bluelight or dope. Day 50! Love and peace to you all.

Won't lie though. Today I thought about ordering. That's when I come in and check the sobriety thread. :)

^Congrats to both you and stardust :)

For some reason it seems to be getting harder and harder and was this close to getting gear today but managed not to do it...so day 23 :)

Come on star 48.. you expect us to belive that you busted out 48 eight days in this short of a time.. ...... ....... very nice work stardust.hero

I know it doesn't feel like it. 48 feels like an awesome number :) thanks <3

Hi, everyone... Tell you what... I know things are getting easier for me when days go by and I don't think about Bluelight or dope. Day 50! Love and peace to you all.

Won't lie though. Today I thought about ordering. That's when I come in and check the sobriety thread. :)

<3 So glad the sobriety thread is working for you bro <3 Day 50 such a lovely number. I'm 2 days away :) I'm looking forward to it =D!

^Congrats to both you and stardust :)

For some reason it seems to be getting harder and harder and was this close to getting gear today but managed not to do it...so day 23 :)

Thanks Pagey, love, 23 days is so awesome :). Such a long ass time. Gotta love it <3

Keep it strong guys!!!!

I'm am tired so......

9869.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.