• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

October Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Jack-o'-lanterns and drag queens

Hey Plum - please check in when you can and let us know how you are doing!

I am thinking about you.

- VE

Hey Plum - please check in when you can and let us know how you are doing!

I am thinking about you.

- VE

Stomach problems continue. Broke down and took I'm modicum bc I HAVE to take my daughter to dance today.

Took my Rx to the pharmacy, I'm only gonna use if I HAVE to until I can get insurance and surgery. So far today I don't need any.

Stomach problems continue. Broke down and took I'm modicum bc I HAVE to take my daughter to dance today.

Took my Rx to the pharmacy, I'm only gonna use if I HAVE to until I can get insurance and surgery. So far today I don't need any.

Good job, Plum! Thanks for checking in. I'm a worrier.

Be careful with the RX. That's what got me time #2. I filled it and gave some away and kept some and then I was taking some and then my habit was worse than before pretty quick like. I know you aren't me - but just be careful!

- VE

At the end of day 3 for the... 30th? time this year. Not going to make a thing of it this time. Here's to being/staying sober!
Fuck off, opiates.

I will be doing The Haddonfield Swing this Halloween

LOL I made this about a year and a half ago. My mixing skills have progressed a bit.

Stomach problems continue.

Plum, I feel ya. My stomach is probably the worst physical symptom I'm still having on day 17 - although, I'm thinking this is more of a diet based issue. I can't be sure there is anything still wrong with my stomach until I manage to get a semi-regular eating routine. Ugh. I'm tired.

Hope everyone is feeling better than I am at the moment!

- VE

Still sober having some resentment issues however and generally dislike being a fucked up person, working on the steps with sponsor.

A few hours ago I saw this dude outside Walmart I make small talk with. He asked me for a dollar in a pathetic manor and I got all indignant he wanted MY money said "Dude kick down a door, get a job, something it's not hard to get money" and he looked sad.

I've been full of hate since then for dude, not normal.

Sitting here typing this I realize I need to pray on the matter and try to put myself in his shoes, imagine myself in his circumstance.

Really I need to work daily on my mindset of fuck everyone outside my inner circle, I'm the best ever etc. because there's no reason for me to to have such an ego and it won't lead to long term sobriety happiness or spiritual growth.

Treezy even though you can come off as an epic douche in some of your posts, I give you mad credit for being able to recognize your flaws. I've known too many guys like you and can't say the same for any of them. Congrats on your clean time too. :)

Hey guys. I go back to work tomorrow - on day 20. Ugh. I think I'm ready to go back. I am physically anyway. Oh well, it doesn't matter if I'm ready...I gotta do it. I need to quit feeling sorry for myself and start being thankful I was able to take 21 days off and not have to worry about work much. Maybe I'm anxious because I know I'm gonna have a lot of catching up to do, too. Who knows?

I guess I'm just feeling really negative cause my pain today has been astronomical. This is one of those times I would have maybe taken an extra oxy cause it hurts like mad...but that isn't an option so I'm going for a walk.

FUCK OPIATES!!!

- VE

I cannot wait for halloween. My (male->female) trans friend Amy is going to dress up like a boy and I am going to go in drag. It is going to be killer!!! Yes, I will share the pics with you all. I have a feeling we will be looking quite fabulous. She is gonna help me do my shopping :) <3

Still sober having some resentment issues however and generally dislike being a fucked up person, working on the steps with sponsor.

A few hours ago I saw this dude outside Walmart I make small talk with. He asked me for a dollar in a pathetic manor and I got all indignant he wanted MY money said "Dude kick down a door, get a job, something it's not hard to get money" and he looked sad.

I've been full of hate since then for dude, not normal.

Sitting here typing this I realize I need to pray on the matter and try to put myself in his shoes, imagine myself in his circumstance.

Really I need to work daily on my mindset of fuck everyone outside my inner circle, I'm the best ever etc. because there's no reason for me to to have such an ego and it won't lead to long term sobriety happiness or spiritual growth.

You realizing your behaviour is a sign of good progress in recovery! Keep it up!

I cannot wait for halloween. My (male->female) trans friend Amy is going to dress up like a boy and I am going to go in drag. It is going to be killer!!! Yes, I will share the pics with you all. I have a feeling we will be looking quite fabulous. She is gonna help me do my shopping :) <3

That sounds like so much fun!

I'm in so much pain. :|

Sorry to hear that CH. Kudos on the almost 2 years!

That counts :) maybe you can spend some time icing your neck or going out and getting a neck massage and a manicure.