• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids O-Desmethyltramadol

How long does it take for effects to kick in from smoking? I think I read it takes up to 2 hours to feel the full effects but wanted to check if I've misread something somewhere.

recieved 500mg of O-Desmethyltramadol from a well known austrian vendor, took 20 mg railed initially and want to report i found this dose an excellent anti depressant and i felt great. Also took a dose of 75 mg railed which while i felt great the need to itch my body become very tiresome.. going to stick to doses no more than 50mg from now on. Much prefered the 20mg dose to the 75mg one. I have no opoid tolerance to speak of.

I ride a bike to work and boy does this stuff magnify every ache and pain in your body, my calf muscles were aching big time

in answer to the poster above, yeh 2 hours sounds right in my experience.. hours 3-5 felt the best.

edit... just took 45 mg up my nose, this is a nice dose for me and i have lots of positive energy, i could dance on this and have a nice bit of euphoria going on, nice clear head . Much better than codiene imo.. excellent chem.

Last edited:
Could someone tell me if its alight to combine O-desmethyltramadol with Dihydrocodeine Contin or/and Codeiene Linctus? any dangers to be aware of? (apart from the obvious mixing of opiates in general) cheers

@lurching, yes I can appreciate what you mean about the baseline, to be honest it's been like that for years for me with alcohol and social function, but my strategy for the booze is working nicely, I've had only three pints of beer and two glasses of wine since last Thursday, and two substance-free nights, such moderation is practically unheard of for me. I think I'm actually losing the taste for drunkenness. Had some minor abdominal aches, probably my liver crying out for ethanol. Well fuck you, liver.

excellent, srsly(!), but if i'd be in your shoes (and i AM trying to lay off the IPAs & malts) i would make damn sure that i had a plan for tapering off the drink using o-desmethyltramadol. but tbh i wouldn't think of tapering off the ales and drink with a strong as fk long-acting opioid in the first place, or any opioid at all.

It takes a bit of time to creep on you (i'd say 2 hours to be feeling full effetcs), and the effects last long long (i'd say 10 hours for the normal effects and 6 hours more of afterglow). I had a strong urge to redose/continue the binge but this always happen to me when i use opiates.

As for the effects, i find it closer to morphine (clear head, no heat) than to poppy or classic street heroin we can find in france.

agreed, it does feel like a longer-acting morphine/demerol hybrid, very clean & it can be noddy... can be light and functional as well, especially with the extra stimulation from the NRI. tis pretty damn potent also. lush!

btw, whenever i take 'regular' tramadol now (after having trialed o-dt thoroughly) i can recognize the o-dt metabolite going strong ('clear head', solid opiate activity) but it is pretty far in the background, overpowered by the odd fuzzy serotonin&cetera sensations.

Last edited:
Can anyone help with my question above?

Why is it urgent?

In the absence of knowledgeable responses, the safest thing is of course not to to combine them, but, being realistic, you might want to titrate your doses. I've combined o-dt with a few other drugs which I had not seen reports on, for instance methoxetamine. You should of course start off exploring the effects of one chemical at a time. Then when you combine, you should start again with small doses and work up.

People have combined o-dt with other opioids so it's probably not going to be an issue, but who knows, you might be the one who discovers a fatal interaction. Always be careful, but be especially careful combining.

Why is it urgent?

In the absence of knowledgeable responses, the safest thing is of course not to to combine them, but, being realistic, you might want to titrate your doses. I've combined o-dt with a few other drugs which I had not seen reports on, for instance methoxetamine. You should of course start off exploring the effects of one chemical at a time. Then when you combine, you should start again with small doses and work up.

People have combined o-dt with other opioids so it's probably not going to be an issue, but who knows, you might be the one who discovers a fatal interaction. Always be careful, but be especially careful combining.

I may be wrong, but isn't methoxetamine supposed to potentiate opiates when combined?

I may be wrong, but isn't methoxetamine supposed to potentiate opiates when combined?

I've read that too, I don't know about "potentiates" but there's definitely a synergy making the combination greater than the sum of the parts.

To me, "potentiate" means "makes more potent" i.e. the effects which you would expect to get at higher doses, you can get at lower doses. I don't think the combo is like that, it's more like some different drug.

I've read that too, I don't know about "potentiates" but there's definitely a synergy making the combination greater than the sum of the parts.

I'm curious to try this, but I'm forever wary of mixing MXE with anything now. How have you dosed this combination? Got a feeling that the size of the MXE dose is crucial. The terrible experiences I've had mixing MXE were all with large doses of MXE intentionally designed to get me to the m-hole, despite the fact that the problems manifested on the comedown.

I'm willing to try low dose MXE with O-dt...sounds very self-indulgent 8)

Highest dose of this combo I've had was plugged, 70mg mxe + 50mg o-dt. IIRC, I started off with the o-dt and built up the MXE over two or three hours, was pretty nervous at first as I usually am trying something new, but didn't notice anything to be worried about, in fact it was really fucking good. Yes, self-indulgent!

Is anything known about the the shelf-life of o-dt? During the coming months I won't be able to store any chems in a freezer of sorts. If there is any truth to the post claiming the production of o-dt will be suspended indefinitely I'm tempted to stock up a bit.
My plan is to store it wrapped in aluminium foil to protect it from harsh changes in temperature, keep it sealed within several seals and make use of silica gel packs within those seals to absorb moisture. I have little other choice then to store it in room temperature though.

Why is it urgent?

Thanks for your reply

Although I've never had ODT myself, I ALWAYS take a threshold dose of MXE before Pods and Morph. There definately is a synergy, especially with Pods. In the Poppy Pod combo, it seems to potentiate the stimulating side a bit making me feel more social than with Pods alone. It almost feels as though I've taken a stimulant, yet without any edginess, crash, egotistical behaviour or any other negative stim effects.

I noticed this synergy when I started using MXE for tolerance prevention. It's worth noting that it does a wonderful job at doing this too, so it should also help slow down tolerance build up with ODT.

I've been thinking about giving ODT a try myself for quite some time but the price keeps putting me off. I'm quite happy with a sunday afternoon pod brew anyway, sometimes with a morph tab on top to add a purer opiate feel if I fancy a nod (I usually prefer to do stuff such as watch movies or play video games when O'ped).

I think I'll get half a g in the next couple weeks anyway just to sample a dose or two before it all disappears. Then i'll probably add the rest to my novelty collection with the added benefit of knowing I have something for a rainy day.

Edit: I don't recommend venturing too far above a threshold dose as you run the risk of spoiling the high. But that's coming from someone who isn't overly fond of dissociatives

Last edited:
Is anything known about the the shelf-life of o-dt? During the coming months I won't be able to store any chems in a freezer of sorts. If there is any truth to the post claiming the production of o-dt will be suspended indefinitely I'm tempted to stock up a bit.
My plan is to store it wrapped in aluminium foil to protect it from harsh changes in temperature, keep it sealed within several seals and make use of silica gel packs within those seals to absorb moisture. I have little other choice then to store it in room temperature though.

I stored it in a baggie away from light at room temperature for about 6 months and there was no noticeable loss in potency 6 months later.

Hi peeps!

I have not read this entire thread, just popped through a few pages. If this query has been dealt with already, apologies.

My gf has very painful periods & I can't get any opiates or strong painkillers for her, legally. She uses Paracetamol/codiene but it's not really strong enough & when she's in alot of pain I have to keep an eye out that she doesnt overdo the paracetamol. Why the medical establishment cpmbines these for "safety" I'll never fucking know grrrr!

Anyway, has anyone here used this compound for painkilling per-se? & if so, how does it rate against Codiene & other opioids?

Thank-you :)

While I haven't taken oxycodone, I would find it hard to believe that it is anywhere near oxycodone in terns of analgesic effect. It's weaker than morphine in terms of analgesia, though it is considerably stronger than tramadol. It is, however, longer lasting than morphine.

For general pain (period pain, back pain, headaches) 20-50mg orally every 6-9 hours should see you through without any unwanted sedation/euphoria/pupil constriction etc.

I'm currently tapering off opiates (off morphine, reducing dose of desmethyltramadol by 1/3 every 3 days) using this stuff and it's going fairly well. The initial transfer from morphine to a lower dose of desmethyltramadol was fairly shitty, I didn't have major withdrawal symptoms, but I still had a lot of body aches, really bad insomnia and hot/cold flashes. On the upside it seems to last longer than morphine, so it does work fairly well as a taper-drug as you can get away with dosing twice a day- once in the morning (I aim for a couple of hours after I wake up) and then once at night before I go to bed to see through the night. It also doesn't have the same bodyload/sedation as morphine, but there isn't nearly as much of a histamine reaction (I don't scratch myself silly on it like I do on morphine) and it causes minimal constapation. It reminds me a great deal of pethedine, it's of roughly similar potency and the is that similar 'morphine-lite' feel.

Nothing to get too excited about, but to be honest I was expecting less than I got out of this chemical.

If it's only 2-4 times the strength of Tramadol, then it's not even the same strength of Hydrocodone in terms of analgesic effects. Tramadol is about the same strength as codeine in terms of analgesia. Vicodin (Hydrocodone), was so named "Vi-codin" because it is 6 (Vi) times the strength of codeine. And people say that morphine=hydrocodone when taken orally, but I don't see it that way. And I have no idea how in the hell this could be "stronger than oxycodone." I've taken oxycodone before...and it knocks hydrocodone and morphine WAY the fuck out of the park (unless you're speaking of IV Morphine, which, I've never done recreationally, but I have had it in the ER and HOLY SHIT! lol).

Thanks for taking the time guys, very kind of you. I'll advise if/when I get hold of a little & we'll see if it helps the missus. Some of you seem to get on okay with it, others seem less sure. I s'pose, as ever, one's milliage may indeed vary. We'll start small, work up slowly on seperate days, & see what happens.

Much appreciated, thanks again... LOADS!

Downers & opiates arent really my thing, not recreationally anyway, & I'm blessed that, other than when physically injured, I dont suffer much in the way of pain (phew).