• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids O-Desmethyltramadol

Promethazine (phenergan) will kill off any nausea and increase the nod, take about 50mg before or with the opiate. Its OTC in the uk, not sure about the US (in the uk just say you need it for travel sickness)

As I mentioned earlier, prolonged binges (48hrs pretty much non stop) with this often lead to symptoms mimicking WDs as that has happened to me twice, both times I have used it.

& very prolonged binges turn into some nasty opiate WD's :/, no sleep cant eat owt cramps etc im sure y'all know the drill, be careful with this stuff because it aint tramadol thats for sure, much closer to oxy or h

& very prolonged binges turn into some nasty opiate WD's :/, no sleep cant eat owt cramps etc im sure y'all know the drill, be careful with this stuff because it aint tramadol thats for sure, much closer to oxy or h

I'll reiterate that in my opinion, from a harm reduction stance, O-dt should not be legal. A potent opioid...Overdose is a guaranteed issue, along with physical and psychological dependence. I love it but damn, never so much have I felt as though I am playing with fire. It would probably become a class A substance if the government (and media) ever got involved.

on the other hand its not cheap, not widely available like mephedrone was and is miles better and safer than the shittie heroin we've got round the uk at the minute, i cant really see it taking off to inexperienced users & masses who want some sort of meph high.
Plus i was pretty opiate intolerant when smashing this and was taking huge doses along with alot of diaz temaz etc, and im still alive and kicking, od'd twice before on H and on oxy & xanax when i was much younger and didnt feel nearly as much resp depression with this than with other opiates

I'll reiterate that in my opinion, from a harm reduction stance, O-dt should not be legal.

Hate it when people say this about anything drug related. It is the users of the drugs that should be more responsible, not irresponsible users forcing the government into making quick decisions that just promote the drug war and all the crap that it stands for.

I damned well don't want it to be illegal. I find it incredibly useful and in fact joyous to have a proper opie in my arsenal without having to chat up big issue sellers for cut-to-fuck heroin (which is surely a lot more powerful and dangerous in various ways) or faffing about with CWEs. All credit to the main vendor in the UK for an attempt at keeping availability somewhat limited, too.

While I understand and respect your concern, JSPete, it's your responsibility to exercise some discipline and caution with this stuff (and anything else) without being nannied. So I can't understand or respect your prohibitionist conclusion.

I also think you've overstated the risks with this, I think provided you do exercise a modicum of discipline it seems quite benign. I've binged over 200mg in a session and had no ill effects other than the puking, which for me anyway is barely an issue. Others have done much more and are fine. WDs are a risk but that's where discipline comes in.

If you find you're having atypical reactions (the depressed breathing you mention) then maybe its not right for you though and you should act accordingly, some people love MDPV but there's no way I would go there again because it made me feel almost suicidal, I would still stand by the view that it should be legal at least for informed adults.

So I'd appreciate it if you could desist from advocating my loss of liberty to have fun and self-medicate just because you are wary of this chemical's effects on yourself. You contribute a lot of value to various threads on BL, and I respect your opinion, so please stop being an arse! It doesn't suit you!

Last edited:
Hate it when people say this about anything drug related. It is the users of the drugs that should be more responsible, not irresponsible users forcing the government into making quick decisions that just promote the drug war and all the crap that it stands for.

Well ok in the grand scheme of things, the knee jerk mentality of legislators and society's view of recreational drug use in general needs to change...But in the times we are in, if O-dt were as impregnated throughout society as other (in)famous opioids, why wouldn't it get criminalised? And perhaps it would receive harsher judgement than 6-APB, methoxetamine and all the other grey-area RCs simply because it requires that much more responsibility from its users to avoid things like physical dependence and all the crap that comes with it.

I'm playing devil's advocate here.

Last edited:
I damned well don't want it to be illegal. I find it incredibly useful and in fact joyous to have a proper opie in my arsenal without having to chat up big issue sellers for cut-to-fuck heroin (which is surely a lot more powerful and dangerous in various ways) or faffing about with CWEs. All credit to the main vendor in the UK for an attempt at keeping availability somewhat limited, too.

While I understand and respect your concern, JSPete, it's your responsibility to exercise some discipline and caution with this stuff (and anything else) without being nannied. So I can't understand or respect your prohibitionist conclusion.

I also think you've overstated the risks with this, I think provided you do exercise a modicum of discipline it seems quite benign. I've binged over 200mg in a session and had no ill effects other than the puking, which for me anyway is barely an issue. Others have done much more and are fine. WDs are a risk but that's where discipline comes in.

If you find you're having atypical reactions (the depressed breathing you mention) then maybe its not right for you though and you should act accordingly, some people love MDPV but there's no way I would go there again because it made me feel almost suicidal, I would still stand by the view that it should be legal at least for informed adults.

I'd love it if I have over-estimated the potential dangers of O-dt. Is respiratory depression not a side-effect that prevails through all forms of opioid? From codeine to heroin to O-Desmethyltramadol? There must be an upper limit for each drug, crossing which will result in loss of consciousness and brain damage/death through oxygen deprivation?

I never considered my own depressed breathing to be an atypical reaction...More just something that comes with opioids, part and parcel.

I'd semi agree with you if its were another meph epidemic, but its not at the minute if it'd ever be.. but then what? these kids who would end up trying it, and maybe loving it (but imo most young meph/md/speed users would turn their nose up at any opiate, at least whilst smashing still stims regularly)

The ones who get a taste for opiates would turn to smack etc, much easier to get in most parts round here, shit i could walk for 2 mins to my local 'copping spot' if i fancied some gear. Its the users, not the government who should decide whats right for themselves, learn self control and learn to stay away from a drug if they sense danger. Its something i'm still learning now after years and years, and having a half decent crack at it, haven't had an opiate since the 21st anyway and still trying to stick to a diaz taper etc. Bit of a tangent there but you live & you learn

I'd love it if I have over-estimated the potential dangers of O-dt. Is respiratory depression not a side-effect that prevails through all forms of opioid? From codeine to heroin to O-Desmethyltramadol? There must be an upper limit for each drug, crossing which will result in loss of consciousness and brain damage/death through oxygen deprivation?

I never considered my own depressed breathing to be an atypical reaction...More just something that comes with opioids, part and parcel.

Some drugs have a ceiling effect, doses beyond which it's pointless taking more as it doesn't do anything. I suspect this is one of those drugs, Tramadol itself has a ceiling effect, and a guy IV'd 2 grams of o-desmethyltramadol and didn't feel it had any more effect than his usual 70-200mg.

I will grant you this, there was a moment on Saturday night when my breathing did seem laboured, but this was after taking 50mg O-desmethyltramadol, 70mg MXE and 100mg Ket but I've had exactly the same experience on just MXE (and maybe I had Ket too, can't remember), no O-desmethyltramadol involved. It was probably a dissociative effect and not a real breathing problem, Shambles has mentioned similar with Ket. It makes me wary but I seem able to deal with it fine.

I have had no concerns about my safety with o-desmethyltramadol on it's own. I haven't read any reports of such either, except your own, which I do believe but don't think is a generally experienced concern. I may be wrong, if so: those with breathing difficulties on o-desmethyltramadol should stop taking it, and let me carry on ;)

So I'd appreciate it if you could desist from advocating my loss of liberty to have fun and self-medicate just because you are wary of this chemical's effects on yourself. You contribute a lot of value to various threads on BL, and I respect your opinion, so please stop being an arse! It doesn't suit you!

Sorry! I don't mean to be an arse, or a loss of liberty trollolol. Twas a meandering thought that sparked some meaningful opinions.

Sorry! I don't mean to be an arse, or a loss of liberty trollolol. Twas a meandering thought that sparked some meaningful opinions.

Fair enough, I only noticed your "devil's advocate" comment after having my rant!

I've always plugged it. Interestingly the one time I bombed it in a rizla, I didn't get nauseous!

If anti-histamines combat nausea, could the Piriteze I have for hay fever help? Taking less is the simplest option, but I don't want to compromise on the intensity of the high.

hehe, my 'taking less' comment was not really facetious, i often find that there is a sweet spot with opioids and especially tramadol. may get a bit messy above that--which i also like once in a while, but that's the full package with nausea, vivid nods that you suddenly jolt awake from, and a pinpoint pupil itchy face.

the piriteze may help, i'm not sure how effective that particular one is for nausea, but it will at least help with the itch..

also, i believe that there are already some other quite powerful opioids available online now, that are not THAT strictly regulated, such as, buprenorphine, pentazocine, 7-hydroxymitragynine, dermorphin, and the ubiquitous somniferum pods. i have to say that this one feels really quite heavy tho (slowed breathing, and deep nods are very possible). but does it need more care than the other available opioids?

I have never gotten any nausea from any opiates/opioids but when I plug o-dt i get a bit upset stomach before/during come up. Never have needed to actually vomit though. I noticed during wd that o-dt caused much more nausea and stomach cramps for me than previous wd's. I don't normally have stomach problems during wd either. Don't know if this is connected to o-dt or just that my overall wd symptoms have "progressed"/"changed" like hangovers get worse over time.

By the way my wd's are now fully over, it took 7 days, like usually, to go fully away. But i was able to function much better after 3-4 days so this was hands down "easiest" wd i have had. Keep in mind I only used for a month or so, longer use will give much much worse wd's i'm sure.

To those who have iv'd and plugged o-dt:
how would you compare the two? does iv give much better rush? How long does it last compared to plugging? what would be equivalent doses between the two?

Hey my fellow likeminds,

I have not been on the bluelight for quite a while as i kicked some pretty bad habits - benzos, weed, alcohol, ritalin, effexor and ......tramadol. I should not have quit tramadol - its the only drug that i do not abuse simply because its just pure perfection for my chemistry. I'm diagnosed with dysthymia and ADHD, with tramadol I'm a more caring, productive and dare i say intelligent human being. Its a miracle drug which is why I want to try this O-Desmethyltramadol out (yeah i realize it may make tramadol null and void) but it also may help me learn a new language in my new adopted land and get a job SOON.

I realize discussion of sources is strictly forbidden for scheduled drugs but does that rule also apply to this legal research chem??? I'm based in the Netherlands so I'm pretty fucking sure its probably even being sold or synthesized here ;).

I don't want some batch from a Chinese mans basement that kills me - I'm capable of googling to find sources but if people have them here and they are pure/good....you could save a life - thats harm reduction aint it?

Hey my fellow likeminds,

I have not been on the bluelight for quite a while as i kicked some pretty bad habits - benzos, weed, alcohol, ritalin, effexor and ......tramadol. I should not have quit tramadol - its the only drug that i do not abuse simply because its just pure perfection for my chemistry. I'm diagnosed with dysthymia and ADHD, with tramadol I'm a more caring, productive and dare i say intelligent human being. Its a miracle drug which is why I want to try this O-Desmethyltramadol out (yeah i realize it may make tramadol null and void) but it also may help me learn a new language in my new adopted land and get a job SOON.

I realize discussion of sources is strictly forbidden for scheduled drugs but does that rule also apply to this legal research chem??? I'm based in the Netherlands so I'm pretty fucking sure its probably even being sold or synthesized here ;).

I don't want some batch from a Chinese mans basement that kills me - I'm capable of googling to find sources but if people have them here and they are pure/good....you could save a life - thats harm reduction aint it?

O-desmethyltramadol is quite a bit stronger than tramadol. If you say tramadol was perfect for you, O-d could be overkill. Tramadol would be a better drug for medicating in the way you describe, as it is less intrusive on day-to-day living.

However, if you keep your doses very small, I guess it could work. It's just holding back on the temptation to indulge, which seems like something you've had issues with in the past. I know I wouldn't be able to keep usage to that level for more than...say...an hour.

Good luck on finding a reliable vendor. Any bluelighter worth their salt won't give you any guidance in that department though.

Bombed 70mg of this about 40 mins ago and gettin fuck all from it, gonna sniff 50mg in 20 mins or such.

pretty shit.

IME snorting it is the only way to go, you should definitely feel something when you snort some in a bit.

Managed to overcome my crippling nausea by bombing instead of plugging! Thanks Knockando for the advice, seems the quick come-up was mainly to blame as you suggested. This really is a lovely drug, and a great comedown avoider if you have it around. Removed the crash from my 6-APB binge entirely. Meant that once I fully sobered up, it was a couple of days after my 6-APB session and had avoided most of the doom/gloom/zaps that accompany an entactogen backlash.