• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids O-Desmethyltramadol with kratom tolerance

Nod Alot

Bluelighter
I have a past filled with a history of opioid use. At my worst I was using either 160mg's oxycodone nasally or if I couldn't get my hands on that then 250-300mg's IV morphine.

After 3.5 years opioid free I began taking kratom (about 3 months ago). My current dose is 12-15grams a day for great effects (Bali). I have 500mg's of O-Desmethyltramadol on the way and my questions are:

1) Will it be worth it for how my tolerance is only from kratom use? Can I expect to achieve good euphoria?

2) It will be the freebase form. Is it possible to dissolve in warm lemon juice, add water and plug it?

I plan on starting at 50mg's and working my way up from there.

No you should be trying to get off them not throw your progress out the window just keep tapering and when you no longer get WD throw the site away and get on with ur life mate because if you continue down this path you will not be able to handle it.

Amy

I'm not tapering. I'm trying to safely get high lol. I just want as much info as possible so I know what to expect.
I keep reading mixed reviews. Some love it, some only find it sedating. Like I said in my post I have not used anything except kratom in the last 3.5 years (was incarcerated) and have only been on kratom ~3 months, so I don't think​ I have all that much of a tolerance.

Kratom never has as much cross tolerance as I expect, so I think you would still get good effects from the o-dsmt. It'll be weaker, of course, but i think it will still work for you.

I'm not sure about the plugging question. It might dissolve in lemon juice, and if it doesn't, you could try using straight citric acid or ascorbic acid. You can probably find solubility info for different tramadol salts online. Just be really careful about your dosages. O-dsmt can actually be more dangerous than stronger opioids because it can induce seizures if you chase the euphoria too hard. I would avoid mixing it with the kratom.

^thank you, that's good info on not mixing with kratom. I didn't even think about the seizure possibilities with that combination.
Hopefully I can have a good SAFE time with this stuff!:)

Remember your high will come at a price for each one that is all I'm saying why not use weed or something instead?

There is something special about the contentment that comes with opioids, as anyone who has had a serious love affair with them will know. I'm confident the OP will get sober if and when they want to pursue that again. In the meantime, I respect their decision to use drugs as safely possible.

I mean, if we were in one of the Recovery Support threads I might be saying something different. But this is OD after all (no pun intended :)).

What events let you to decide to get into kratom and pseudo-opioids again after so many years OP?

I mean, if we were in one of the Recovery Support threads I might be saying something different. But this is OD after all (no pun intended :))

hahahaa, i've always thought this forum was slightly, how do i put it..? ​༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ on the nose, if you will

Remember your high will come at a price for each one that is all I'm saying why not use weed or something instead?
I would love to just smoke weed, but alas I am on parole and am drug tested. I do have a script for xanax (which I absolutely do not mix with opioids) but I use them as intended and find zero recreational value in them.

There is something special about the contentment that comes with opioids, as anyone who has had a serious love affair with them will know. I'm confident the OP will get sober if and when they want to pursue that again. In the meantime, I respect their decision to use drugs as safely possible.

I mean, if we were in one of the Recovery Support threads I might be saying something different. But this is OD after all (no pun intended :)).

What events let you to decide to get into kratom and pseudo-opioids again after so many years OP?
As you said there is something special about the contentment (and lovely) feelings they provide. I also love the "mildness" of kratom because it makes it far less psychologically addicting for me. I love being able to use an opioid-like substance without being a fiend ha. Something about that long abstinence I had taught me moderation and really opened my eyes to a lot of things. And kratom doesn't break my wallet like prescription opioids lol.
I have always been curious about o-dsmt and found a reputable vendor so I figured I'd give it a shot. I don't plan on buying it often, I don't want it to ruin kratom for me. Love kra-kra:)

Just keep in mind that kratom can become essentially just as serious of a dependency as any other opioid. I totally understand you enthusiasm, and kratom certainly is more manageable than some opioids, but in terms of habit forming potential and withdrawal it's an opioid for all practical purposes.

I'm not telling you not to use, just felt it would be a good idea that kratom indeed can be very habit forming, even if it isn't like heroin or oxycodone.

Right, that's a good reminder. I have seen people on here that use ungodly amounts daily. I've noticed this time around I've developed a lot of patience when it comes to using. I may just exercise that patience and go on a break soon just to keep myself in check. Thank you for your advice. It's always nice to stay informed when using psychoactive substances.

No problem. Regular breaks are really useful when it comes to gauging whether or not something is becoming problematic in terms of dependency. Plus it will help keep your tolerance from getting too out of hand.

Tramadol is kind of risky though, I have heard of many people having seizures from it. I would say start at 100-150 MGS and see from there.

Kratom has always seemed to block some euphoria from other opiates, for me at least. I would still start very low with the ODT dose but don't be surprised if you don't get much euphoria.

Tramadol is kind of risky though, I have heard of many people having seizures from it. I would say start at 100-150 MGS and see from there.

OP has O-DSMT which is more potent than tramadol. Dosages will be different

Kratom has always seemed to block some euphoria from other opiates, for me at least. I would still start very low with the ODT dose but don't be surprised if you don't get much euphoria.

Yes, it is really important to keep the tramadol/ODT dose low and work your way up carefully. It would be a really good idea not to consume it with kratom on the same day.

Thank you everyone for your replies and wonderful advice!

On a side note: I've used Bluelight for many years now (but just recently made the leap to be a member) and I'm seriously star-struck to have the 3 mods (whom I respect the most [along with Sekio and Captain Heroin]) participate in my thread!

Not trying to be all up on your nuts or anything lol, but you guys are the equivalent of celebrities to me%)

Oh, I did not see the Desmethyltramadol. Dosent tramadol break down into desmethyltramadol?

O-DSMT is indeed a metabolite of tramadol, but it builds up in your system more slowly if you take tramadol (prodrug) instead of straight O-DSMT. Not 100% of the tramadol is converted to O-DSMT either. 100 mg is a moderate dose of tramadol, but I think it would be considered a heavy dose for O-DSMT.

Thanks for the kind words nod alot :)