• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Nutmeg?

Yes, I have and it was not at all pleasant. It took about 6 hours to kick in, the effects were terrible, and it lasted way too long. I used whole nuts, as preground loses the active princopals during drying. Try H.B. Woodrose or San Pedro if you are looking for an easy to find trip, both are much more enjoyable.

Erowid has a lot of good info on nutmeg if you are still interested.

Yea i was just on Erowid looking up on it in fact

funny..i've heard that tripping from nutmeg isnt that pleasant for other people either herm maybe you took to much of it!? or maybe you did it wrong?!

Only a small percentage of people enjoy the intoxication.

-> Drug Basics.

I tried it years ago. I don't remember getting much out of it.

Nutmeg rocks!!! Well the effects do at least, spooning down mouthful after mouthful of nutmeg isn't pleasant. :(

I've done it several times (not recently though) always using 1g nutmeg per 10lbs body weight, once you get started trying to imbibe the powder this soon seems more than it sounds. The effects usually come on within 4-6 hours at a very gradual pace, I find once they plateau (8 hours +-) the high is exactly like being very stoned (more specifically akin to high produced from cannabis when eaten). I experience a dry mouth, bloodshot eyes, cannabis like visual alteration and lethargy, plus a feeling of general intoxication/in coordination. The red eye is a huge give away but I have never found the impairment so profound as to be noticeable by others and have always been in full control of my mental faculties.
Of my 10 or so times taking nutmeg I've always enjoyed the experience, I believe this is partly due to never redosing and resultantly overdosing, it really does take a long time to come on. My solution to this time issue was to dose before going to bed, consequently awaking the next morning nicely fucked and looking like I just smoked a pound of green.
It’s real easy to get impatient or become uncertain of the efficacy of a dose taken when the onset has such a drawn out, gradual duration, this can lead to recklessly redosing/mixing with other drugs possibly resulting in a shitty experience. The key is patients.

Last edited:
joy! so im guessing you ordered the seeds online? or did you find some extract somewhere??!

Well I know we shouldn't discuss sources, but it is only nutmeg :) Try your local supermarket/grocer/any place that sells food. It usually comes preground in a spice container so look in the spices section (oregano, mixed herbs, etc).

eh?! ive NEVER seen nutmeg sold at my near by grocer maybe at a organic store?!

in the herbs & spices section. its powdered.

I shouldnt have even told you though. . sources arent allowed! *hides from mods* :p

OH SHIT YEA!! i totally forgot about that!!

my rents usually buy the powered nutmeg every year around christmas to go in there eggnog (eck!)

why the hell arent you allowed to give someone some useful information like that?! i dont get it..

delizious said:
Stalker!!

No just Irish, we can sense Americans; it’s just as if they’re wearing a large sign dipicting a large red arrow pointed directly toward the US national in question with the words ‘I'm American’ emblazoned beneath. To compensate for this talent however we only have four toes on either foot.

yea im quite ashamed being born in this country

thats why i want to move to a different one!

haha maybe france?!

delizious said:
yea im quite ashamed being born in this country

thats why i want to move to a different one!

haha maybe france?!

Well having lived in the UK for most of my life I feel I have an understanding of the many issues this country burdens in a tenuous balance for the advancement multiculturalism and greater appreciation of other nations heritage and social differences. This is achieved with alarming popularity by disliking every other nation on the planet; there is an unwritten list purporting the level of xenophobia directed toward each country. I don't think France rates to well, better than the US though.

If I could change nationalities I'd be Iranian that would be fucking class.