• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NSW - Random Drug Searching on Public Transport

Lates note as of November: I see police and sniffer dogs 2-3 times a week at Redfern Station since September. A few times I have seen traditional uniformed officers in the company of the usual jackbooted ones. There usually at least two dogs and they also check that people have valid train tickets too.

I have not noticed sniffer dogs at Central or any other City station at all...

Thanx for bumping this. I had no idea the police were doing random drug searches on public transport now. I'll keep a look out if i see any sniffers on the trains during weekends. Looks like i'll have to find a DD for when i go clubbing!

I've seen 'em at Chatswood station, but only during summer...

I was told that there were police on the Sydney / Newcastle line Monday afternoon this week. Doing laps of the carriages of the moving train with their four legged drug crusaders in tow.

It was somewhere between the Wyong and Newcastle and they picked up at least one poor sucker , a girl sitting opposite my mate the dogs got all excited at seeing her. She gets hauled off off to be searched (on the train mind you) and they found a whole foil of pot in her pocket.

Dont know what happened to her after that cos they got off at the nest stop but its definately a sign of the times and I think we are going to be seeing a lot more of these tactics being used as the cops have more trained dogs at their disposal then ever before.

I've seen police and sniffer dogs walking up and down King Street at Newtown and at the entrance of Newtown station but not very often (3-4 times in the last 2 years? I go to Newtown often).

IMHO if you want to travel with drugs, drive or take a taxi.

Out of interest what if you didnt have anything on you, your mates did and there was a sniffer dog around..

reckon you could go up to the doggie and give him a cuddle and rub around the neck while your friends sneak past?

I feel sorry for you people in Sydney. Your government seems intent on implementing all of these stupid laws that target the user rather than the dealer. Seems like they are losing the war on drugs through their own stupidity in my opinion.

Maybe they are trying to quash the demand for drugs.

Take away a dealer and another one replaces him.
Take away the demand and you take the dealer away.

Might take awhile to do it thought ;)

riser` said:
I feel sorry for you people in Sydney. Your government seems intent on implementing all of these stupid laws that target the user rather than the dealer. Seems like they are losing the war on drugs through their own stupidity in my opinion.

Meh - I've never noticed anything much.

I don't ever carry drugs on public transport so I have nothing to worry about.

riser` said:

Do you really think that the police force/state government are that stupid?

I have been at 2 clubs in Penrith (West Sydney) and seen cops come in with dogs, both around the same time. This was last year, so I don't know what the law was back then.
Neither time did the cops come anywhere near me, I walked out of the place with no problems on both occasions.
I reckon they'll do a big hit to start, to show people they are serious. Then it'll just drop off like everything else they do.

Sniffer dogs are intimidating, whether you are carrying anything or not.

A work colleage of mine in chatswood got pulled by a dog. He bought 1 pill that afternoon and was walking down Victoria plaza when sniffer picked up the scent. The cop asked him if he had any drugs on him, so he admitted it and handed over the pill. He was 17 at the time, so they took him to the station, called his parents and made him watch them flush it down the toilet. He got off with a warning.

As for me, i am concerned about rumours of dogs at an event i am going to this weekend. Should be interesting.

Last thought: Wouldn't organises rather their people have drugs on them and take them slowly throughout the night, rather than the user seeing a dog on the door and swallowing their stash in one go, walking through, then ODing inside?

what's the big deal? just keep your drugs in your dacks. it's pretty stupid to carry drugs in you pockets or bag.. also "yeah had some weed in my wallet the other day" might help smooth everything along when they can't find anything, just stay relaxed when talking to coppas.