• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

NPS Act V1. Blankets? Just Say No!

nicely put but unfortunately politicians have a tendency to 'put their fingers in their ears and shout LALALALALA' whilest more people die. it isnt until one of their own family or friends end up getting fucked over by these sick laws that they suddenly have a change of heart and open their mind to the other side of the debate

Last edited:
nicely put but unfortunately politicians have a tendency to 'put their fingers in their ears and shout LALALALALA' whilest more people die. it isnt until one of their own family or friends end up getting fucked over by these sick laws that they suddenly have a change of heart and open their mind to the other side of the debate
Very true, I may well run in the next Northern Ireland elections myself if I can find the voters and the spare time offering a modern and well thought out approach to politics, from there; if I get enough votes I could end up an MP.
If there's anyone else who has the time, finds politics interesting and wants to try and make an actual change you should consider running for MP yourself. It can't be impossibly hard to do if you have a great difference of opinion to most other MPs since Bobby Sands was an MP. The current crowd are dinosaurs and are soon to be retired and hopefully stuck in a shit NHS care home (that they devised) for their last years.

Sitting around doing nothing gets nothing done. If everyone here were to message their MPs with consise, polite messages telling them that they have not put any research into this bill and are effectively 'just winging it and hoping for the best', address the lack of foresight of unintended consequences, what could be considered illegal in such a broad spectrum ban and how it will potentially adversely effect the UK economy as well as putting people who previously functioned fine and had a job while having an addiction to legal benzodiazepines, forcing them into a period where they will have to recieve ESA or DLA due to the protracted withdrawal symptoms and quit their job. As well as that mentioning that due to the fact that all the newspapers are against the act the families of people who die or have their lives ruined by the act will go to the papers about losing their son/daughter/brother/sister who was previously doing fine. Really what needs to be said is "are you doing what is right, or are you doing what you know is wrong just to keep your job or social status? Slip in that medical research such as cancer research (a major concern to older MPs) could be halted in the UK due to labs erring on the side of caution.
If every MP was to receive an email regarding this and how it will negatively impact the UK they'll surely have to start talking. Meanwhile I'll set up an online petition (you know, the ones that after reaching x amount of signatures is discussed in parliament) though personally I think everyone should let their friends know too and urge them to email their MP and/or sign the petition, it may just save lives.

Found this the other day but don't know whether it's been seen by everyone?
He is among more than 40 academics, campaigners and professionals to have signed the letter, reproduced below:
Dear Prime Minister,
We the undersigned request that HM Government immediately reconsiders the proposed Psychoactive Substances Bill (2015).
Parliament is responsible for protecting citizens against the harms of drugs. However, the enactment of the Psychoactive Substances Bill would be deleterious to the freedoms, well-being and ultimate safety of UK citizens. The UN Drug Conventions were established under the assumption that prohibition would reduce drug use and therefore minimise drug-related harms. Instead, global drug use has increased significantly in the decades since these policies were incorporated into law. Many countries have witnessed the unintended and damaging consequences related to the dangers of an unregulated criminal market and the criminalisation of a large number of otherwise law-abiding citizens.
If enacted, the Psychoactive Substances Bill would be unlikely to reduce the market for new psychoactive substances (NPS), which are mostly sold “not for human consumption”. The law will place the market in the hands of unregulated criminal organisations; increasing the likelihood of violence between competitors over market control as well as driving market focus on products that are higher in price and potency. Unregulated illegal markets have no incentive to comply with quality assurance protocols and accurate labelling of products, resulting in increased health risks for users and a greater strain on the already overburdened National Health Service.
Medical science will suffer from the proposed legislation, just as it continues to suffer from the over rigid regulation of other controlled psychoactive substances. Scheduling psychoactive agents in a blanket ban will impede the development of novel psychiatric medicines and prevent vulnerable members of society from potentially benefiting from new treatments.
Furthermore, any legislation that prohibits the sale of all psychoactive compounds without proper consideration of their relative harms and benefits presents an unwarranted threat to the long-standing freedoms of UK citizens. It is not possible to legislate against all psychoactive agents without criminalising the sale of dozens of harmless, everyday products that produce changes in mood and behaviour, from fresh flowers and herbs to spices and incense.
If the Government is genuinely serious about reducing drug-related harms, it should ensure that policy-makers focus their attention on public health campaigns, wide-ranging educational initiatives, effective drug treatment strategies, and the adequate funding of relevant medical and scientific research.
Despite these concerns we welcome the fact that the Psychoactive Substances Bill does not target NPS possession for personal use and would strongly encourage the extension of this approach to the regulation of other psychoactive drugs. In general, however, we believe the bill to be very poorly drafted, unethical in principle, unenforceable in practice, and likely to constitute a real danger to the health and well-being of our nation’s citizens.
Yours sincerely,
Prof. David Nutt
Edmond J Safra Chair in Neuropsychopharmacology
Imperial College, London

I fear any form of 'peaceful demonstration on this topic will lead us to the same hell of the "Battle of the Beanfield" for those of us old enough to have the memory of it. Council tax riots weren't pretty either. One good thing is possibly 'LEAP' and it's coming forward.

Yes but forty highly respected professionals signed it.

When did our government ever listen to highly respected professionals if they were in disagreement?

I agree that LEAP may have some clout though (eventually). Plus I believe the USA are preparing to declare an end to the WOD - and where they go we will surely follow (eventually)...

Personally, if the bill is enacted be as much of a nuisance to your members of parliament as possible, asking them questions about whether it is legal to ride roller coasters or horses and such if they want to be a nuisance to a great part of thr uk (and not just the recreational scene) they should be harassed as much as this bill harasses us. The members of parliament need to learn that they are public servants and not the other way around, people need to stand up and fight back against this oppressive government which has essentially done away with freedom of speech and are aiming for banning fun. Ad in a telescreen and Big Brother and you have the Tories Orwellian wet dream come true.
Picket lines outside parliament on the day the bill is signed. Votes of no confidence in the government and the beginnings of a beneficial revolution. No doubt plenty of the armed forces as well as the police took NPS to get around tests so they would be the side of the people.
I say do away with this backwards constitutional monarchy immediately, strip the aristocracy of all their estates and land and give it to the people. Have a minimalistic government who let the public make the decisions in a simple matter, via telephone. If a bill is proposed each UK resident will get a call (as well as a news notification) and it's as simple as pressing 1 for yes and 2 for no on the vote. Finally you would have a true democracy, rather than elected officials who are more concerned about keeping their job than their promises. Let taxpayers have some form of choice as to where their tax goes (healthcare, policing, benefits, defence, etc) while still taking a small amount of tax to maintain the country. With the aristocracy stripped of their huge amounts of land (such as all of the beaches in the UK) people can live in cabins in woods 'off the grid' which were previously royally owned and allowed to live a life of subsistence hunter-gathering whilst still getting internet via satellite link and using modern technology if they wished.

Without a true democracy we are simply slaves, after all the best way to keep the slaves calm is to tell them that they are free to do what they want (but online jokes can land you in prison, as can growing a plant or possessing extracts from mimosa hostilis root bark or taking any drugs other than cigarettes and alcohol; the great anaesthetic that makes you forget you're a slave and by the time you get that promotion to buy the house or car you want the prices have inflated so it's still out of reach.

Honestly, stand up against your government and government officials (such as police officers, which the government uses to control you via fear; mostily), they have to be shown that we will not tolerate their bullshit.
"First they came for the drug addicts, and I did nothing then they came for the drug users, again I did nothing; it didn't affect my way of life then they came for the severely disabled and mentally ill, I was neither so I let them walk on by, then they came for the elderly and infirm, but this did not bother me as I was neither, then they came for me and there was nobody left to back me up"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" and this ban is nothing but evil and sadistic.

You know, If coordinated, without much effort, a bulk mailer asking questions about poppy seeds on my costa coffee bagel, my nutmeg in my cake, my collection of potentially abused work tools - thinners, glue. Unusual side effects from accidentally taking double the prescribed dose of medication. A barrage on inert/psychoactive 0.1gs of substances.

Sustained, relentless questioning 100,000 emails a day of 100/200 questions to departments obliged to respond, new questions could have a dedicated subreddit or Deep web paste bin - sure as fuck throw several spanners in the works.

Questioning such obscure legislation on a consistent, continuous, targeted manner is surely the opposite of civil disobedience - it's conscientious, shows concern and respect for the law. But it would have to be relentless.

Last edited:
I have heard from two separate sources that the PSA bill could be delayed, possibly until as late as October!

Don't hold your breathe or anything, it could be a false alarm. Dunno if it's got anything to do with the global slow down & the supposedly cautious budget from Osborne today...

Probably not, but hey they all need labotomies without anesthesia is my diagnosis based on the facts of their behaviour. Pain dosen't exist in their world and they all have the money to go along to their private practices and buy a script pad. Why should they give a shit?...For crying out loud in UK you go to any chemist or supermarket and they 'by law' can only sell you 1 packet of 16 paracetamol tablets 200mg so if you have for example a family all down with say flue you have to check out then go right back in again and buy another packet..Madness. I've been questioned for buying co-codamol, packet of 32 for 8mg/500mg and warned not to take for more than three days because apparently they are SO addictive..RIGHT? in who's world exactly. It's only like the Spanish and other foreign pharmacists that don't grill you over such things. So after this Bill what? are check out staff going to split the packets and count tablets out for you and keep a diary of the number of visits you make and how many have flue in your household. Sheer utter Crap.

The 32 law has to be the stupidest one ever. Most big towns have at least 10 pharmacies so "HYPOTHETICALLY" you and 5 mates go in and legally buy 1 box each twice a week. At the end of the month you have over 100 grams of legally bought codeine (and the mother of all CWEs to do!!).....fuxking stupid. Fair enough depending on how expensive the chemist is it cold cost nearly a grand so not really cost effective but You get my drift.......

Ahhhh, the nostalgia of my times as a Codeine Kiddie - I lived in a town where the average resident was Tutankhamun's great-grandad and so had eight (yes, eight) different pharmacies within 600m of each other, that figure jumping to 12 if I could be arsed stretching to the marathon walk of 2 miles there and back....

I've just written to 38 degrees as I get so many email petitions from them about 'urgent' changes to our country's 'well being'. Firstly I have asked them enclosing the attached open letter to Theresa May signed by forty professionals why they haven't taken this one on board....There is a page where you can just start your own petition and I know they do carry quite a bit of weight and access to the public...wanted to know what any of you think. I've also written to MIND asking them what their 'stand' is on this Law because I haven't heard anything from them regarding this.

It would be very interesting to know if the government has done any kind of rigorous modelling of the impact this bill is likely have on society and public health - I doubt they have though.

I've just written to 38 degrees as I get so many email petitions from them about 'urgent' changes to our country's 'well being'. Firstly I have asked them enclosing the attached open letter to Theresa May signed by forty professionals why they haven't taken this one on board....There is a page where you can just start your own petition and I know they do carry quite a bit of weight and access to the public...wanted to know what any of you think. I've also written to MIND asking them what their 'stand' is on this Law because I haven't heard anything from them regarding this.

Good work man. I feel guilty about my total apathy regarding this whole thing. Believing that 1 person is powerless to change anything. Of course if a number of people co-ordinate their agitation and and other delaying tactics it might well be possible to find some way of atleast delaying all this. Many of the vendors will have access to the best lawyers in the land. I may contact the vendors that were always most helpful and friendly regarding any query, asking if they were made aware of any delaying tactics at least. The longer the thing can be delayed, the more chance it will be pushed back by several months as there are a lot of very big issues on the governments plate atm. They cannot possibly deal with everything, especially if someone has thought up a really great obscure way of throwing a spanner into the works; and causing the machine to grind to a halt, get mangled beyond repair, or just break. :\

You know, the thing that gets me is the government pretty much put themselves in this position.

If they hadn't started banning everything left, right & centre... then there would probably be comparatively less harmful RCs doing the rounds.

Not that I'm suggesting mephedrone was benign, far from it but I remember reading that the number of deaths from cocaine OD dropped whilst it was legal & went back up after.

I almost hate to say it, but the blanket ban is probably the only real choice they have to get the RC market under control now they have started the ball rolling.

I'm not necessarily saying it's the better of two evils, but I don't really think they have a huge choice. Although of course they could take a lot more time over it & implement it in some way that does the least harm if nothing else.

That is absolutely true. Cocaine deaths reduced considerably during mephs heyday. Which is why I'm sceptical of folk who reckon meph never killed anyone. I don't doubt that the media ramped up the dangers of meph for their own purposes but that it caused at least a few fatalities is surely almost beyond dispute...

Ironically, it's stable door syndrome. The meph time was the time for a blanket ban. Horse has bolted, cat's well out the bag now. RC's will never be curtailed now that they have taken over the world lol