• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Novel stimulant 2-PTA

This is the p-Me which is very serotonin-selective in the amphetamines. I'm guessing it's added so the body has a nice point to metabolize it.

Mesocarb is the interesting one. I suggest that the N-phenylcarbamoyl makes it a prodrug. Hydrolysis will yield an uncharged ring with a hydrazine moiety. It's known to have MAOI properties.

Roi please stop publicizing vendor products... You have posted nearly ten threads about compounds with your anecdotal reports saying compounds are amazing, very enjoyable or ecstacy cocaine like, with further reviewers disagreeing with nearly all of your statements. Either you are drug naive or publishing for a vendor I do not know. You must recognize, however, that you are causing great harm by posting these reports of random compounds which have poor drug properties, you must post studies and less speculation for your claims to hold weight.

Also nowhere would anyone assume this to be serotonergic. It's an extremely metabolically labile open chain analogue of p-methyl aminorex and pemoline (not by overlay but through charge density models the similarity is strikingly apparent).

Once again you are not being a psychonaut by exploring random molecules, you are being a fool.

I welcome your criticisms

Zedz

I don't feel this is a fair statement to Roi. Most of the things I look up out of interest seems to already been dismissed as garbage by him. Sometimes I amuse myself that he inadvertently pisses in my cath~flakes. I can't think of much he's endorsed this year and would be quite curious as what he deems worthy post-China ban apocalypse.

^I understand your sentiment, but this is supposed to be a pharmacology discussion board. It is interesting to hear about new compounds, but I think the info that was being posted was way too anecdotal.

Ever stopped to consider there may be more who tried this, more or less confirming that there is some merit to the drug / 'novel' family of drugs? Maybe roi overgeneralizes his positive reactions and that comes off as shilly or overly hopeful / enthousiastic... but just accept that his anecdote is indeed one data-point and there is not really a problem in being curious about these substances. Just take it with a grain of salt...I mean what should he have said instead?

maybe he should at least stick to posting about compounds that are within the purview of known SAR

It's not like I invented that substance lol.

Maybe it works in some way like Guanfacine? I guess that's the stimulant it's structurally most similar to.

N-(diaminomethylidene)-2-(2%2C6-dichlorophenyl)acetamide.png

It's not like I invented that substance lol.

Maybe it works in some way like Guanfacine? I guess that's the stimulant it's structurally most similar to.

N-(diaminomethylidene)-2-(2%2C6-dichlorophenyl)acetamide.png

Eh, just notice this molecule. at least it is a phenacetylamide, so maybe... (idk?)
but afaik is not that guanidine always get protonated to guanidinium? i think the pKa would says so esp when in biolog. environment