• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Novel stimulant 2-PTA

roi

Bluelighter
EwL7xmh.png

2-(p-tolyl)acetamide

It's 4-Methylamphetamine with the alpha-methyl replaced by ketone.

I couldn't really find anything about stimulating effects of phenylacetamides in literature. Amphetamine SAR does not seem to fully carry over, as this one turned out to be a straight stimulant instead of a serotonergic empathogen, so it probably metabolizes in a different manner.

Tried it once, 20mg oral, very enjoyable, 75 minutes peak, no crash.

If other phenylacetamides turn out to worthwhile we might be looking at a great series of substances, especially in countries where amphetamines are banned.

As always, be careful with new RCs, start at 1mg and slowly work your way up :)

Sampled 500mg of this substance in total. This compound has not been very interesting for me. I have trialled up to 25mg oral and 125 intranasal and beyond some stimulant effects this has been wholly uneventful. There is definitely some activity here but it is not very interesting. Comparable to amphetamine in action except largely less potent and less complex/diverse/pleasant in effects. A pure stimulant. The previous posters pleasant effects have not shown themselves. Duration is close to what the poster above says. Orally 25 I found little of interest. No euphoria, simply a stimulant. Sleep was only possible after ingesting 3 mg of Etizolam, so it is not devoid of action. Maybe my product is not of quality but I doubt. Substance is badly soluble in water. Will trial some more and maybe find some nicer effects but up to now this has fit the typical RC analog catalogue, an analog that has proved to be unsuccessful in producing anything worthwhile in testers. Do note that this is my experience, this could prove to be more euphoric then heroin and due to unfortunate and unforeseen circumstances I was not able to feel these pleasant effects. Obviously more in vivo research needed here. Or maybe not, there are more worthwhile things to sample...

Edit 1: I have up to now trialled 800mg total of the aforementioned substance and have found it worthless. I racked up some 100mg lines which lightly woke me up as I slept terribly the night before but, beyond this I have not found anything interesting here. I did not test the product analytically therefore cannot be sure whether the substance I had was the substance at hand but the at least one of the compounds from this source proved to be real but not of up most quality/potency. These effects could also be a case of confirmation bias/placebo effect so take my experimenting lightly. The substance is have is slightly yellow and tinted, crystalline in nature, tasteless in water and very easy on the nose. Will use my last 200mg and then move on try the cousin 2-PA but thank god I have some proper drugs because if Roi says this is the more recreational one then I cannot imagine how boring the other one will be.

Last edited:
Roi please stop publicizing vendor products... You have posted nearly ten threads about compounds with your anecdotal reports saying compounds are amazing, very enjoyable or ecstacy cocaine like, with further reviewers disagreeing with nearly all of your statements. Either you are drug naive or publishing for a vendor I do not know. You must recognize, however, that you are causing great harm by posting these reports of random compounds which have poor drug properties, you must post studies and less speculation for your claims to hold weight.

Also nowhere would anyone assume this to be serotonergic. It's an extremely metabolically labile open chain analogue of p-methyl aminorex and pemoline (not by overlay but through charge density models the similarity is strikingly apparent).

Once again you are not being a psychonaut by exploring random molecules, you are being a fool.

I welcome your criticisms

Zedz

I completely agree with Zedz. These threads are supposed to be devoted to advanced pharmacology discussion, and geared toward harm reduction.

this one looks extremely similar to 4-methylamphetamine

Sorry but no it doesn't. This is both structurally and chemically very different and would be expected to behave as such.

I think people get a touchy about new RC threads as all it does is encourage speculation, much of which isn't particularly realistic or productive. These phenylacetamide analogs are particularly questionable and it's no surprise they would attract a lot of criticism. It's very hard to believe these are worthwhile or even in any way active at all.

It's very hard to believe these are worthwhile or even in any way active at all.

There's only like 5 reports so far, but all found them to be active and stimulants?!

There's only like 5 reports so far, but all found them to be active and stimulants?!

the first few reports about most crappy "mdma-substitutes" found the new substance to be "just as good as mdma" or similar bullshit.

the first few reports about most crappy "mdma-substitutes" found the new substance to be "just as good as mdma" or similar bullshit.

Black does make a good point. Many of the first reports on these strange compounds come from people who are inexperienced with high quality, proper and classic psychoactives. A good example of this is seen in the many Erowid reports of really obscure psychedelics. The people list the drugs they have taken before and almost always the majority of them are the RC's that were popular in that time period. The comparisons are like always "its similar to 5-apb, A-PVP and Ethylone in effects."

On a different note, this is the crude form of drug discovery. An analog is made, some people test it and then report on it. I am a scientist by thought and believe that progress/experimentation is essential. This process of sampling under-researched chemicals , albeit a dangerous one will occur, will yield some interesting but harm people. Rather it harm only a couple than a whole tonne. And all of this is occurring only due to the fact that Evidence based policy is being discarded for Political based evidence. Untill Reason and Logic prevail in policy making, we must accept the occurrence of every possible drug derivative imaginable. This in turn means that we must accept that people will put any chemical shit in their body to feel altered. Accepting this means allowing threads like these to exist and for us as a whole to try and figure out as much as we can so as to be best informed about how to deal with the negative effects of RC's and attempt to abolish/reduce them. Ideally stop it altogether but that is a long shot.

On a different note, this is the crude form of drug discovery. An analog is made, some people test it and then report on it. I am a scientist by thought and believe that progress/experimentation is essential. This process of sampling under-researched chemicals , albeit a dangerous one will occur, will yield some interesting but harm people. Rather it harm only a couple than a whole tonne. And all of this is occurring only due to the fact that Evidence based policy is being discarded for Political based evidence. Untill Reason and Logic prevail in policy making, we must accept the occurrence of every possible drug derivative imaginable. This in turn means that we must accept that people will put any chemical shit in their body to feel altered. Accepting this means allowing threads like these to exist and for us as a whole to try and figure out as much as we can so as to be best informed about how to deal with the negative effects of RC's and attempt to abolish/reduce them. Ideally stop it altogether but that is a long shot.

I think anyone interested in pharmacology would agree that it is interesting to hear about the effects of new psychoactive drugs. But that is what "trip reports" threads are for. These threads are supposed to be a place for discussing pharmacology based on scientific evidence. In that context, I don't think one-off trip reports are very useful because there is no way to evaluate what is being posted -- it could be entirely made up, it might not be the chemical that is listed, the person posting might have a paradoxical response to certain drug classes, or they could be trying to sell something. Because of that uncertainty, these threads almost never result in any interesting discussion.

Hmm yeah, this thread should likely be moved to Other Drugs. Claiming "it's likely inactive" doesn't help anyone when anecdotal evidence says otherwise.

Bah, this is interesting because it's a structural motif we've never seen before and it does something. Anyone who doesn't think so can easily point me to another example of a nonbasic amide with stimulant activity.

However, most of what we do know about this drug tells us it's a disappointment and probably not worth the risk of trying such a weird compound. Visitors to NPD are generally advised that this forum deals with recreational drug use primarily from an exterior, analysis-focused perspective, and is not an advice board, unlike most of bluelight. If you want to test it on yourself, please don't do so by taking lines to wake up in the morning.

Being a scientist is determined by your attitude towards experimentation, not what you experiment on. Take notes, use a scale, et cetera. As to how this one works: um... it could be a GABA antagonist for all I know. Keep the thread updated for when someone kills themselves with it.

So far up to 100mg hasn't caused immediate death (and iirc someone on reddit went as high as 150mg). I think the n-methyl has a little more potential (if it works, who knows if amphetamine SAR carries over here).

Once again, carbonyl group is not bioisosteric with methyl group. Because of electron withdrawing properties of the carbonyl group the nitrogen atom in carbamoyl has very different properties from the nitrogen atom in amines, amides are only very weakly basic and if they're protonated, it happens at the oxygen atom. This is actually why this doesn't fall into amphetamine SAR if it works as a monoamine releaser at all.

After some experiments with the series I'm now convinced that it certainly doesn't follow amphetamine SAR =D

A little sad though, but I still have hopes for phenylacetamide psychedelics.

I slowly titrated up to this dosage. I got up to 125mg without ill effects and definitely nothing pleasurable. This is me making a point that this stuff is worthless, hopefully deterring other people from taking it and thereby maybe saving others from ingesting this crap.

The amide isn't basic - the more basic the amine in amphetamines, the more potent - hence meth is the strongest.

Part of the action of amphetamine-like stimulants is that they release catecholamines from vesicles. They do that, in part, by neutralizing the proton gradient that traps monoamines in vesicles. At best, non-basic compounds would be weak stimulants.

Last edited:
Thanks, any place I can read more about this mechanism? The mechanism of action on wikipedia talks a lot about TAAR1 agonism being important to increased monoamine concentration in the synaptic cleft.