• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Novel opioid, U-47700-Mega Thread and FAQ

More illumination has been shed on the U-series!

You will come to find out in further research with the U-compounds that they differ from one another significantly. While they all share a similar structure, in effects they vary drastically particularly in the therapeutic index & toxicity profile! The team at UpJohn university was working to create the holy grail of analgesics! I've gathered this very reliable information from several places.

- U-50488 is a pure kappa agonist with a structure similar to that of U-47700
- U-47 is the lead compound of selective kappa ligands such as U-50488 & U-69, U-593 with similar structures
- The U is derived from UpJohn - which later merged with Ciba

"U-47700 is the result of a great deal of work elucidating the quantitative structure–activity relationship of the scaffold. The team looked for the key moieties which gave the greatest activity. Upjohn posted over a dozen patents on related compounds, each optimizing one moiety until they discovered that U-47700 was the most active.

U-47700 became the lead-compound of selective kappa ligands such as U-50488 and U-69, U-593, which share a very similar structure (a single methylene spacer difference). Its structure lead to other chemists experimenting with it to see if rigid analogues would retain activity."

Although not used medically, the selective kappa ligands are used in research.

U-47700 has never been studied in humans, but would be expected to produce effects similar to those of other potent opioid agonists, including strong analgesia, sedation, euphoria, constipation, itching and respiratory depression which could be harmful or fatal. Tolerance and dependence would be expected to develop. Since affinity to kappa receptors has not been measured, it may also induce dysphoria and other unwanted side-effects but it’s 3DQSAR, make it this most unlikely. Its structure is somewhat similar to U-50488, a pure kappa agonist."

More on this I posted in the thread on U-51754, and I had to post it on here as well in case others wouldn't be interested in looking at that other thread! I did it as my duty to harm reduction as well I'm hoping others would have done the same with a very new chemical that can have devastating effects not unlike those of Krokodil! Hopefully it doesn't but knowledge is power & its our duty to share this knowledge. I know in the opioid circles esp. in the RC scene people have tendency to stay quiet b/c they are afraid of 'blowing the whistle' & ruining it forever for everybody, but in some cases like with MT-45, we could have known a little earlier. Also this is the point - by the time you find out what the side effects are, its already too late!

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/793107-Novel-opioid-U-51754?p=13716730#post13716730

Last edited:
Today I testet out how to get most of it without having to suffer from the evil short half life: I took ~2mg first with a coffee (+2,5g Phenibut + 0,5% ADB-Pinaca every 30min + 100mg Tramadol+ 20-30mg Camfetamine as my usual "supplements"), then an hour later another ~2mg in a cup of coffee and repeating this until now so all in all I used 1 5-10mg scoop in a 10ml solution (I know it´s a bad idea but I just calculate with 10mg and in most cases the spoon only weighs ~5mg so it´s probably way less).

I´m feeling really nice right now, a bit in between of desmethyl-tramdol, codeine and AH7921 but I don´t have experience with many other opioids so that´s just a vague description. The main feeling is warm, cozy, not too sedated but everything is quite "comfortable" with just a bit heavyness. No strong opioid euphoric motivation but still nice.

I think repeating small doses over the day is way better than taking 5mg at once and hope that it will last some time, when I did that it was alway´s like 1-2 hours fun and then I began to ask myself more and more if it´s still active anymore and began to feel quite worse after some time (not in a withdrawal style but as worse as I would feel if I hadn´t taken the U4 at all, I´m a bit on Kratom withdrawal actually, took a half kilo in less than a month and now use the U4+Tramadol to get along until I have money for new Kratom, I only bought the u4 and Tram because I had a few concerns about my liver after taking almost 3 years Phenibut and Kratom without a free day)

Last edited:
You will come to find out in further research with the U-compounds that they differ from one another significantly. While they all share a similar structure, in effects they vary drastically particularly in the therapeutic index & toxicity profile! The team at UpJohn university was working to create the holy grail of analgesics! I've gathered this very reliable information from several places.

- U-50488 is a pure kappa agonist with a structure similar to that of U-47700
- U-47 is the lead compound of selective kappa ligands such as U-50488 & U-69, U-593 with similar structures
- The U is derived from UpJohn - which later merged with Ciba

More on this I posted in the thread on U-51754, and I had to post it on here as well in case others wouldn't be interested in looking at that other thread! I did it as my duty to harm reduction as well I'm hoping others would have done the same with a very new chemical that can have devastating effects not unlike those of Krokodil! Hopefully it doesn't but knowledge is power & its our duty to share this knowledge. I know in the opioid circles esp. in the RC scene people have tendency to stay quiet b/c they are afraid of 'blowing the whistle' & ruining it forever for everybody, but in some cases like with MT-45, we could have known a little earlier. Also this is the point - by the time you find out what the side effects are, its already too late!

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/793107-Novel-opioid-U-51754?p=13716730#post13716730

Weren't the side effects of Krokodil more from poor synthesis, not the chemical? (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0379073815000559) MT-45 had some nasty side effects, was the actual source of them ever found?

Last edited:
I had now several further experiences over the last days with the compund. What I learned / what seems to be most consistent (for my metabolism etc.):

-If I take too small doses like 1-3mg more often I thought it would feel better but the Kratom withdrawal has interacted with it, now I learned that low doses caused the unpleasant effects as they didn´t seem to supress the feeling of the missing Kratom which I didn´t realized at first as usually Tramadol itself (which I take 3x100mg) was working strong enough against Kratom withdrawal and I had often interchanged between the two for a couple of weeks in the past, but know as I consumed about a half kilo Maeng Da Kratom in less than a month it seem to have induced incredible tolerance.
Yesterday and today I tried higher doses and had the first really pleasant results from the U-4 when I took 6-12mg in the morning and than about 3-4x5-10mg over the day repeating every 2-3 hours. But most importantly I realized that only the very first dose of 12mg in a coffee in the morning had a noticable opioid effect that was stronger than the Tramadol for example, the following doses just kept some kind of "glow" on but no real euphoric feeling and over the day I alway´s felt worse with slightly painful muscles and general weakness / no real good effects.
Today I got my Kratom delivery, I took 2x6,5mg U-4 in the morning and only the first hour was nice, then I got that monged out, dirty feeling. As soon as I took 10g of the Malaysian Green I felt very good, like I had no Kratom tolerance anymore and the feeling now lasts since about 3 hours, way better and more euphoric than the U4 which only induces a nice feeling for an hour or so and repeating doses didn´t even help against the Kratom withdrawal although I took even 100mg Tramadol and 500mg Phenibut additional!
Also the Kratom is way more energetic-euphoric but the muscles also feel way "smoother" than with U-4, only the sedation/dreaminess is less pronounced but also feels less "synthetic" or "cloudy" than the U4.

DearBL Friends,

I usually observe relatively silently, the cacophonous observations and conclusions regarding the massive influx of novel psychoactives presently presenting into our collective lexicon of consciousness modifiers; for better and worse, we all choose our own paths, and the consequences our explorations incur, our uniquely our own.
That said, I am somewhat concerned regarding misinformation/misunderstanding of the value and dangers of some of the more perilous substances widely available and sold often with little regard for the possibility of future misery transitory pleasure/relief from pain can over extended , excessive use result in. By the time you realize just how malignant a substance can be, the damage is already done.
Case in point U-47700. This is an interesting and effective analgesic. It is very effective for occasional use. The tachyphylaxis is, however profound, on par with hydromorphone which an opioid naive person can experience profound effects with a mere 2mg. Over time though, experienced users will experience a steep dose response curve I personally if my body is in a none dependent state need to increase the dose dramatically in a single day to maintain a semblance of the same state, usually I'll start with 4mg IV, than about two hours later need to double the dose to 8mg than two hours later need 12mg for the comperable effect than 16 16mg. Now that's as far as Iv'e gone with that particular chemical. Does one ever arrive at a stable dose? I read of a study done with heroin addicts in Vancouver and according to the research virtually all participants in the study given unlimited quantities averaged a little over a halve a gram of pure diacetylmorhine, in between two and three IV injections per day. This surprised researchers as the previously prevailing view was that there was no limit on the quantity an addicted individual would take if given "as much as they desired".
This may be, or not be the case with hydromorphone and or U-47700. Only a human trial over an extended time(at least two years) would or will tell. The unknown also includes toxicity at herculean dose levels;one could die before reaching stasis.
The thing is that until one has acquired physical dependence, one doesn't understand the cumulative and reinforcing resonance that becomes addiction. I took one bag of heroin(an impossible to accurately titrate with illicitly produced product the actual mgs in the "bag of dope" is anybodies guess) for a month, one bag from the same distributor a day for a month the first time I out of curiosity intentionally addicted myself to, the abstinent syndrome was minuscule. I thought "junkies are pussies , kicking dope a shit three days of no sleep a mild case of sniffles." Years later after multiple bouts of abuse and intermittent abstinence, the suffering increased exponentially as did the baseline tolerance. There are/were permanent albeit gradual changes in my biochemistry. Being enslaved to drug hunger is fucking horrible and only worsens over time. The shorter the action of the substance the more rapidly tachyphlaxis and physical dependence ensue.
In short, be warned, when it comes to chemicals that can induce physical dependence, one needs to tread lightly and use these tools as sparingly as possible. The best approach is to separate each dose by at least 48 hours better would be even longer. Longer acting chemicals in these potentially addictive substances ie methadone and or buprenorphine need even longer hiatuses between doses if one wishes to avoid the misery of physical dependence.
If this information is being seen by someone already entrapped by U-47700 dependence a single week of buprenorphine commencing when the abstinent syndrome reaches unbearable proportions can ease the nightmare of withdrawal. Sublingual administration of 8mg, followed by 12mg followed by 16mg followed by 12mg followed by 8mg , followed by 4mg, followed by 2mg. Then stop.
The hard part then is not getting back in the compulsive using again, because once you know how effective opioids are as pain relievers there's no unknowing it. And pain being an inherent, though usually intermittent quality of existence will forever herd you back to temporary relief damn the consequences.
It's vicious circle. Avoid it, if you can... ]

I forgot to add some general information about this one. I have gone through 3 grams in the past three months. The first two, I insulfated and burned like hell and only kept the opiod withdrawals away for one to three hours OP use lasted longest but required huge quantities to reach euphoric levels. The last gram I used IV, IM, and by vaping. The rush IV feels almost exactly like that black gooey shit mexico most people call heroin but dea labs generally find more 3-monoacetyl and 6-monoacetyl morphine than diamorphine(as well as a wide variety of other random organic molecules. The histamine release was even more intense than morphine(pins and needles) The sensation went all the way to the cardiac area and lingered there somewhat alarmingly. IM injection burned much less than I expected and was as potent as IV without the "pins and needles" cardiac issue. That injection site has developed a small(so far) abscess. I'll update if it gets so bad as to necessitate lancing, and or medical intervention. To my surprise, the most enjoyable ROA was vaping. I used the glass pipes used for meth and a clean burning lighter. It vaped clean as meth, when properly heated( it smoke just like meth you got to keep the pipe turning and not overheat/burn the crystal). The duration of effects is disappointingly short for all methods of ingestion. It doesn't take much to get to an pleasant place, but you have to keep doing it almost incessantly. It's kind of like a opioid version of crack. Vaping that often can't be healthy in the long run. Though this stuff is inexpensive and completely uncontrolled here where I am. I doubt the law can do anything other than confiscating my product, though if I got arrested with it, it might take them a while (few days to two weeks) to realizes I broke no law. If you have superhuman self control, this might be the opioid for you. But if your self-discipline is ordinary, this might be a disaster for you. Please be careful!

Mysticmusic are you positive that your stuff is pure?

This sounds really concerning: "The sensation went all the way to the cardiac area and lingered there somewhat alarmingly. IM injection burned much less than I expected and was as potent as IV without the "pins and needles" cardiac issue. That injection site has developed a small(so far) abscess." It also actually sounds like a contradiction to how mine acts. I have tested mine and don't get any burn from it, also has the abscess improved?

I don't use this often enough to really have a desire to run more self testing with the exception of for pain relief, but I think it's important to identify the actual attributes.

Been trying all night to catch a buzz off this stuff, but I can't get any more than a weird feeling in my head. Getting quite a bit of dysphoria, as well... Guess I'll try again tomorrow, but from what I've been reading I figured I'd catch a buzz off 15mgs.

So far even kratom gives me a better buzz than this ish.

^^^ avoid almost all of the drugs you are taking, but particularly phenibut. It is one of the worst rebound-effects that I have experienced.

I have had a similar experience with phenibut after I overdosed on it. Worst three days with zero sleep of my entire life!! Followed by extreme panic and a near mental breakdown. But I take the right amount now and phenibut is a godsend. I have quit my opiate addiction of 8 years with it. Just stopped taking methadone and never looked back. Amazing

I have had a similar experience with phenibut after I overdosed on it. Worst three days with zero sleep of my entire life!! Followed by extreme panic and a near mental breakdown. But I take the right amount now and phenibut is a godsend. I have quit my opiate addiction of 8 years with it. Just stopped taking methadone and never looked back. Amazing

When first took phenibut I was very sedated the next 2 mornings but since then (3 years) I take daily 2-2,5g as a supplement without side effects. (Taurine for cleaning the liver from fat that can evolve from long-term phenibut use) and it really helps with craving for almost any substance, even tobacco. If I would regard anything as a "wonder drug" I would instantly put Phenibut as the best candidate.

I now used almost all of the 250mg U4 and about 10-20mg per day. It only has a very short peak which feels nice but I only could really enjoy it in combination with Kratom (+Tramadol+synthetic cannabinoids) of which it potentiated the sedative effects and gives a short boost of euphoria for 30-45min at doses of 5-12mg.

No BL is normally free (for the most part) from these newbags breaking rules, who haven't obviously read the BLUA and don't care about it. At least you got a laugh out of it. You had that stimulant (or psychedelic amphetamine...is this DOC, 25-C-nbome or 25-C-nboh) mixed with U-47700? Or just wanted to comment. I never click on what's new, I didn't even know we had that function tbh :|

I accidentally ingested a questionable quantity of 2,5-dimethoxy-4-chloroamphetamine and after scaring myself a great deal upon realising the mix-up, I collected myself and came onto Bluelight looking for answers. This thread was the first thing that came up in the What's New section. After laughing for what seemed like an eternity, I've realised two things:

1. I won't be getting any answers here
2. I'll be just fine

Is this how Bluelight works? On some kind of meta-conscious level where you don't quite get the answer you're looking for, but at the same time.. you kind of do?

Wow..

Nah, most of the time it's not like that

How much DOC did you take ?
And please open a new thread as this thread is about U-47700

Hi everyone, I've been taking (orally, in a gel cap) 15mg U-47700 every day. It doesn't really have a great effect on me, other than make me feel relaxed a more comtent with my lot. I have two 15 mg caps left and I don't intend to carry on taking it because I'm not overly impressed with it. Will I experience any withdrawal effects after taking 15 mg every day for about a week?

Hi everyone, I've been taking (orally, in a gel cap) 15mg U-47700 every day. It doesn't really have a great effect on me, other than make me feel relaxed a more comtent with my lot. I have two 15 mg caps left and I don't intend to carry on taking it because I'm not overly impressed with it. Will I experience any withdrawal effects after taking 15 mg every day for about a week?

It depends, are you currently physically dependant on opioids, or have you been in the past ?

If you haven't been dependant before I don't think so, but only time will tell..

A week. I'm at the point now where I'm feeling practically nothing. Seriously, I've had stronger effects from phenibut and 4-fa. Purchased from a very reputable eu vendor. Guy here with absolutely no previous opiate use, I must be missing something somewhere because this stuff is instantly forgettable

U47700 WD question

I have been experimenting with this IMO wonderful substance on and off for awhile now. I never push it too far so i dont have to increase the dose too much but i will do it for like a week or two every once in awhile. Besides the shitty dysphoria the symptom i hate the most is the restless leg syndrome. Benzos dont seem to help but i dont like to do big doses. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to counter the RLS with any over the counter medicine or something easily available?

Thanks for your time!

Love, Trig

A week. I'm at the point now where I'm feeling practically nothing. Seriously, I've had stronger effects from phenibut and 4-fa. Purchased from a very reputable eu vendor. Guy here with absolutely no previous opiate use, I must be missing something somewhere because this stuff is instantly forgettable

What's your previous experience? Did you use them all together or are you only using U47700? I'm interested if metabolism or a natural tolerance is playing a role because 15 with zero tolerance seems like it would end up hurting me from passing out... mind you I use it nasally.

4-FA is a stimulant and Phenibut is a gabapentinoid, neither is really comparable to U47700.

I didn´t know about RC opiates.
Anyways.., there are many other medications stronger than morphine, like oxy, Opana, or to be extreme; Fentanyl which is 50x stronger than morphine. Some doctors say 100 x stronger, but maybe that´s an expression.
Besides, stronger drugs don´t mean they are good. This one is meant to be used when nothing else works.
It does not make you euphoric only painless and very sleepy.

Buprenorphine is also 50x stronger than morphine and with its mean half life of 36 hours, it's a bitch to kick. As you probably know, buprenorphine mimics pethedine which has the same speedy bump due to the theabaine in opium.