• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Novel empathogen Cyclo-Methiodrone (TCAT)

roi

Bluelighter
For those wondering: I was pretty much told to post about new RCs here instead of Other Drugs when there's not much known about them.

So here we go!

jwqTRES.png

piperidin-2-yl(thiophen-2-yl)methanone

Only tried it once (orally), felt like a very nice roll, somewhere between MDMA and Cocaine, similar to Mephedrone effects wise. Dosage is 70-130mg, peak lasted 75 minutes for me. No crash.

Makes me wonder about the activity of oxo-2-benzylpiperidine.

Hi, I'm new and no chemist by any means....ordered a gram to test of Cyclo-Methiodrone....can anyone tell me in laymans terms if this is a stim or more of an empathogen? Or a mix like MDMA?

Is there a specific reason for that, Sekio?

this compound is a close relative of the much abhored benzyl/phenylpiperazines, it's a very small molecule, related compounds are essentially unknown in the pharmacy literature.

one could view this as a version of cathinone or PV where the alpha chain cyclizes back onto the nitrogen. so at least there's some basis for it being a stimulant. but this screams "lead compound" regardless, I don't think it will have good ADMET profile?

and i'm superstitious about eating things with thiophene rings in 'em. being smaller than phenyl rings they are even more promiscuous in their binding. i won't touch MPA either.

Makes me wonder about the activity of oxo-2-benzylpiperidine.

2-benzoylpiperidine is known and has a CAS#. if this compound is stimulating then benzoyl-piperidine would be too. i would be way more apt to try 2-benzoyl-piperidine... but even then I don't think it's gonna be a show stopper.

the papers that reference benzoylpiperidine usually use it as a synthetic intermediate to make pipradrol type drugs rather than a stimulant on its own.

Last edited:
Stim, empathogen or a mix

I ordered a gram for testing....as per the title which is it more like? A stim, empathogen or a mix like MDMA?

Sorry if this has been covered. I just joined this site for information....

There's nothing published in the chemical literature to predict anything, it's an unknown compound when used as a drug in man and animal, so you're on your own there.

It could be predicted to be a stimulant based upon OP's post and looking at the structure but a sample size of n=1 anecdotes is not what I would call a reliable source.

"Similar to mephedrone with no crash" is a bunch of horse shit by the way, every DA/NE releasing/reuptake-inhibiting stimulant will have a crash if you abuse it enough. This is the same nonsense that was used to foist off all the extra cathinones laying around after the mephedrone ban. Remember that, 4-ethyl-alpha-ethyl-N,N-diethylcathinone and that sort of nonsense?

I would certainly like to see a MS or NMR analysis of the stuff too.

This is a a sad attempt at vendor publicity by overhyping it's effects. This is incredibly easy to make as well. Most definitely not mdma and coke probably more like mdpv.. Sigh

You'll be very surprised, there's a large amount of lovely effects on the peaks, which I assume is serotonin release. Nothing like MDPV.

I've tried > 120 substances in my life and can honestly say that I can judge a substance rather well..

Thanks Sekio: that helps a lot. This is clearly one to approach with extreme care and caution.

You'll be very surprised, there's a large amount of lovely effects on the peaks, which I assume is serotonin release. Nothing like MDPV.

I've tried > 120 substances in my life and can honestly say that I can judge a substance rather well..

Do vendors send you free samples with the understanding that you'll write about your experiences online? Would you tell us if they did? (rhetorical)

Do you think vendors put substances on the market that no one ever tried? (rhetorical)

To be fair, some chinese vendors might actually do that. But not all of them!

Anyway, does this discussion belong in this thread? Certainly not.

I think that discussion serves as a justified word of caution against reading too much into glowing reports of new substances before many people have tried them.

Even if they did, as long as an honest review is given here I don't see why it would matter.

But as for glowing reports, yeah, they don't usually pan out. I think it has something to do with the placebo effect.

My reviews are always honest ;)

And it wouldn't surprise me if TCAT will become one of the most popular RCs this summer tbh.

My preliminary test today was with 5 + 25 mg but it did feel very nice and promising..

It seems really strange to use this as a lead compound. Why wouldn't 2-benzoylpiperidine or even 2-(4-toluoyl)piperidine be made available first? It would seem likely that these compounds would have close to equivalent if not greater merit. Not to mention as sekio said, these would be less dubious in terms of consumption. I guess speculation can only go so far though.

I'm a bit skeptical of the reports, especially based on the doses. Surely there is some possibility people are taking something else entirely.

Last edited:
Surely there is some possibility people are taking something else entirely.

Considering that only a single vendor sells it, this is more than unlikely.

People on another forum compared it to Methylone or even MDMA, others got no effects at all. Possibly the classic SSRI problem (or huge tolerance due to SRA abuse)?