• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Not sure whether I like weed or not (former H user)

fizzymk

Bluelighter
So, Ive been w/ding from H the past week and last night, decided to cop some bud, the guy said it was kush, but really, I have no idea whether it is or not, or even how to tell the difference. It is fairly strong/stinky, has little red hairs all over the buds.

I should mention I havent smoked pot in many years, probably at least 15-16 yrs, Ive been living on H and other opiates during this time, and I REALLY like H and opiates, but my use is getting out of control, taking all my money, but the thing I did like about H, I could use a pretty big amount, and still go out, go to work, drive, function very well, with NO pain at all, I was way more sociable and chill, no anxiety at all..I knew what to expect from every opiate I did, whether it was H, perc 30s, Ops, etc.

After I got home from work last night, I smoked a single J of this stuff, and this morning, Im back to normal, but still not sure whether I actually liked being high, weed is way more 'in your head kind of high' versus opiates, I do have alot of body pain from the opiate w/d too, and while being high, I couldnt really tell if this pain was gone or if I was just ignoring it due to the pot.

Im glad I didnt do it while around people I know though, I waited til I was at home, alone, I found myself very anxious, and over analyzing everything, whether it was whatever was playing on the TV, to reading texts, emails, I dont think it would have good if I have been at work or out in public.

I dont know if this is just because Im inexperienced with weed and will level out with more use or this is what to expect everytime I fire up...??

Really IMO, if I could, I would use H and pitch the weed, but trying to come up with 100s of dollars every fucking day is getting old!

Thanks guys.

a J is really potent for someone with no tolerance. good nug will send you soaring with just a small bowl's worth

Try really hard to like it. THC (and CBD if you can get it), will make living without opioids (and withdrawal in particular) much easier.

Weed is not going to cut or come nearly close to something that raises your endorphins, dopamine, oxytocin, serotonin in ways that miss mary jayne could only ever wish for.

People are probably working on it though so don't loose disappointment. Wonder what that strain would be like :0

It levels out more with regular use, you get less of the trippy & anxious feelings, more of a relaxing high, more pain relief. I know a few people that quit heroin for weed, their lives seem less chaotic, no theiving, staying out of prison, staying healthy, staying off hard opiates, etc.

I took a long break from weed, 10 years or so. If i smoke now i just overthink stuff and get paranoid as hell. Got no use for it, but i used to love it. Opiates man. Good luck.

It will not kill the pain, but make it bearable to live with if that makes sense.

I can definitely relate to this. For a very long time from i'd say about 13-19 i LOVED cannabis big time. I was always smoking these mass amounts of it, loved the shit out of it. I started really messing with Opiates around 15 and i noticed slowly but surely it just making me more and more paranoid and anxious and just not an enjoyable thing. I do blame this on opiates but who knows. Most of the time it was a 80-20 chance of just bugging out. I kicked H, then decided to go on sub mat where i was tested so i couldn't smoke weed, Then decided to say FUCK THIS after almost 4 years no relapses and came off suboxone mat. I at the same time decided to come off Valium and Xanax ( which i've been scripted since ive been a kid) because i started abusing them after H. Anyway, It's around 9 months since im off all those and from what i notice, for me atleast it's very STRAIN oriented. Some strains one hit has me so bugged out i feel literally like a mid dose mushroom trip gone bad. Above normal racing thoughts panic, heart races to the point i thought weed was just a bad idea for me ( when i say above normal, i feel overly anxious and paniced at pretty much all times). Then a buddy of mine said man, try this... And YO!! DRAMATIC! It does indeed make me feel better medically which i honestly just thought it was a way to sell Cannabis legally but it really does work. As well as enjoyable when taking an extra couple hits over the just feeling better realm. i have SERIOUS anxiety/panic issues and lately this stuff has been a god send. So if possible try to find specific strains. For me Jack Herer and Headband have worked amazing.

Best of luck and congrats at kicking the H, No easy feat.
Stay STRONG! and as always be safe out there,
-B

I can definitely relate to this. For a very long time from i'd say about 13-19 i LOVED cannabis big time. I was always smoking these mass amounts of it, loved the shit out of it. I started really messing with Opiates around 15 and i noticed slowly but surely it just making me more and more paranoid and anxious and just not an enjoyable thing. I do blame this on opiates but who knows. Most of the time it was a 80-20 chance of just bugging out. I kicked H, then decided to go on sub mat where i was tested so i couldn't smoke weed, Then decided to say FUCK THIS after almost 4 years no relapses and came off suboxone mat. I at the same time decided to come off Valium and Xanax ( which i've been scripted since ive been a kid) because i started abusing them after H. Anyway, It's around 9 months since im off all those and from what i notice, for me atleast it's very STRAIN oriented. Some strains one hit has me so bugged out i feel literally like a mid dose mushroom trip gone bad. Above normal racing thoughts panic, heart races to the point i thought weed was just a bad idea for me ( when i say above normal, i feel overly anxious and paniced at pretty much all times). Then a buddy of mine said man, try this... And YO!! DRAMATIC! It does indeed make me feel better medically which i honestly just thought it was a way to sell Cannabis legally but it really does work. As well as enjoyable when taking an extra couple hits over the just feeling better realm. i have SERIOUS anxiety/panic issues and lately this stuff has been a god send. So if possible try to find specific strains. For me Jack Herer and Headband have worked amazing.

Best of luck and congrats at kicking the H, No easy feat.
Stay STRONG! and as always be safe out there,
-B
Im actually getting ready to go on sub mat, found an opening with a sub doc, my appt is this coming wed, so Im just trying to make it to then...I have connect for perc15s and 30s, so i copped a bunch of 30s today, feeling much better! Regarding the different strains of weed, is there a way to tell them apart by sight or smell? My connect said it was kush, but I have no idea if it is or not, it is very stinky and the buds have little red hairs all over it, to be honest just a couple hits from a pipe of this stuff hits me pretty quick, but it makes me EXTREMELY paranoid, anxious, etc. I stayed at home after I smoked this, cuz it felt like if I went out in public, or tried to drive, my sense of time was a bit fucked up, and I felt 'different', like people I was texting and talking to on the phone, I suddenly was overly paranoid about them, and started to wonder if i could trust them or not (these are people Ive known for many years too), weed fucks with my head too much.

Oh yea, when you first started the sub mat, did you feel better right away, or was it more like, took time to build up in your system, etc? Im hoping as soon as I take my first one, I will feel instant relief from the w/ds, Ive taken methadone before, and I know it kicks in damn quick and takes all the shitty w/d feelings away within 30 mins, it also gave me euphoria, took other body pain away too, not sure if sub works like this or not though?

Oh well, "if I could, Id use H and pitch the weed" is probably the story of my life. But alas long term H users don't retire comfortably so some compromises have to be made here. Yea, your tolerance is gonna go up and you will probably feel less anxious then, but weed is kinda known for making people "paranoid". I smoked 10 blunts of kush a day when I was WDing. It helped.

I hate to break it to you, but no matter what you are doing right now...it's probably going to suck!

Yeah, there is no way weed can break through the disasterous nature of opiate w/d, besides help you with some of the symptoms, nausea, restlessness,
the one thing i don't like about weed is when people tell me "oh your back hurts? why don't you just smoke instead of use" Heroin/opiates would completely remove my pain and make me functional, unless i dosed a little to much, but weed, it helps with nausea, but i don;t smoke it and think, ahh no pain what so ever, but i guess thats the trade off you get when dealing with a nonlethal substance

Opiates to me, sad to say when i was using it was the happiest time of my life, literally, the antianxiety, antidepressant, and antipsychotic effects were so strong that it changed how i viewed the future,
i miss it, but won't go back, i just hope i can get my phd in biopharm/neuropharm, and create analougues to suboxone, methadone, and ibogaine to help out thoose who have struggled through withdrawl,

i wouldn't guage your enjoyment of weed until you are closer to homeostasis,
ive been on methadone for 2 years and 7 months, and have been tapering at a rate of 5mg every two weeks, until i got to 50mg then i had to slow to every month, right nowi barley enjoy the cannabis i smoke, occasionally ill get high, and thats with smoking a few times a day

I definitely disagree dude, weed is wayyyy better when your tolerance is jack shit low

idefinately disagree with both, Cannabis is best with a light tolerance, not one that would cost you exorbitant amount of money, but not one so low that a single hit of cannabis sends on into a psychotic parinoid state,

id definately hate to have to smoke 8 blunts in a day, that almost an ounce, and i smoke like .5 in a bong , don't get really high just get releif,

but this all depends on a persons own body chemistry, and weather they are prone to anxiety or not,

I have to agree with Felonious that it would be worthwhile trying to get to like weed. I'm a former daily heroin user who is getting by well today on weed, kratom, and alcohol. I'm susceptible to paranoia/social anxiety from smoking weed, but have found that some strains bring this out more than others. Blue Dream is one that doesn't make me anxious. If you have any, you might try gabapentin with the weed. This might reduce the anxiety/paranoia. It helps with heroin withdrawals, too.

Im on suboxone mat now, its been great so far, like a fucking miracle drug actually...I think of more H users knew how great suboxone is, they would switch right away, the only negative is it does not give you that rush, that first 'oomph' when the H hits you, but other than that, suboxone has me feeling exactly like I did before I took my first opiate, fucking amazing imo, I had no idea it would work this well!

Havent smoked any weed since my last post to this thread, I actually got rid of what I had left of that bag too, weed is just not my drug, and no matter what I do, it never will be, I think I was just hoping weed would be a replacement drug for H, since its much cheaper to use, less risk of getting busted/ watched by the pigs, but I think once a persons mind gets used to opiates, NOTHING will ever takes its place, and any other drug you do...you will just be comparing it to opiates and expecting opiate highs.

Smoking during withdrawals probably blows. I find that being high will sometimes cause me to be more annoyed than usual by physical discomforts. However, weed to me is a very situational drug. Where you are and what you're doing plays a big role in how much you'll enjoy the high. I usually avoid social situations and stressful things cause it can cause me to become over analytical and holding conversation becomes more of an annoying task. My favorite things to do are look at art, listen to music, watch tv, masturbate and eat good food. Some of my most physically pleasurable moments in life were eating ice cream or orgasming while high. It fucking rules.

Smoking during withdrawals probably blows. I find that being high will sometimes cause me to be more annoyed than usual by physical discomforts. However, weed to me is a very situational drug. Where you are and what you're doing plays a big role in how much you'll enjoy the high. I usually avoid social situations and stressful things cause it can cause me to become over analytical and holding conversation becomes more of an annoying task. My favorite things to do are look at art, listen to music, watch tv, masturbate and eat good food. Some of my most physically pleasurable moments in life were eating ice cream or orgasming while high. It fucking rules.
Yeah, I was the same way when I smoked pot, kept over thinking shit, also over analyzing things like fucking crazy! I know if I had been around other people or out in public, things would not have been good for me, I also felt like my sense of time was fucked up.

Thats what I like about opiates, no matter what Im doing, and wherever I am, its always good.I guess cuz it effects dopamine and seratonin levels though. I still can get kind of impatient and irritable on opiates though.

Sounds like the weed drew out some kind of latent anxiety, especially if you could smoke it for a long time with no problems then it started causing or revealing problems within.