• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Not feeling phenibut

morphine-dreams

Bluelighter
I took 1200mg at 1 am, waited 2 hours, felt a tiny bit of something (which may have been placebo) but wanted more so I took another 900mg. Now it's been 2 hours since then and I'm still not sure if I'm even feeling it. Maybe a tiny bit. Should I redose or just give up? For what its worth, I have no benzo tolerance and a decent alcohol tolerance, but it's mostly inherited, if that makes a difference. I've never developed a tolerance to gaba-ergics on my own.

Btw I know of phenibut can be horribly addictive, and don't plan on doing it for a at least another week after this, if I can even get it to work, but will redosing risk physical dependence? I know it sounds stupid but I've become physically dependent on opioids after one binge weekend, so I don't want to risk that again.

I seriously doubt that you'll risk physical dependence from this one period of usage, but I would be wary of redosing. Phenibut has been known to take a LONG time to kick in (several hours for some), and people get themselves in trouble with it because they think they're not feeling the initial dose and stack more and more on until they wake up in an amnesiac haze. Phenibut has a long long half-life, and dosing too high or too prolonged might make you sleep for a much longer time than anticipated.

I didn't really "feel" phenibut until I woke up the next day, after dosing phenibut in the evening of the previous night.

Yeah, you read that right. Weird fucking drug, a lot of people are non-responders to it, others get nasty addictions/withdrawal symptoms because of it. Definitely an interesting substance.

Thanks guys! I didn't end up redosing, and I can definitely feel it now, though it's way subtler than I was expecting. What's generally considered to be a good, strong recreational dose that isn't enough to [typically] cause nausea or blacking out?

If you're expecting or hoping for a feeling similar to benzos, you'll probably be disappointed.

The first time I got phenibut I had no reaction to it, even at doses like 5 g. Had awful withdrawal/hangover effects from it, though. Which really feels unfair when you don't even get high.

The second time I got it, it looked a lot different and worked a lot better. For me, 2 g is like 15 mg or so of Valium, 3 g is like 6 shots but without the nausea, foggy mind, or spins. It took ~3 g to get any kind of response from my girlfriend, and it was minimal. 4 g left her trashed for ~12 hours.

Phenibut is weird.

Also, is it weird that it's stimulating for me? I had to pull an all nighter and normally I'd be extremely tired by now but I'm actually super awake and energetic. Definitely surprised by that aspect but can't complain.

Well shit, the post before my last one got deleted but basically I took 600mg more and it's still pretty subtle, but I noticed that it works much better on an empty stomach and then the buzz wears off whenever I eat. It feels kind of like alcohol minus the cognitive impairment, which is really mild but nice.

Yeah, it's often pretty subtle, and takes a long while to kick in. Also, from my experience (and from what I've read), it's best to not eat 1-2 hours before or after dosing, as this can mess with its assimilation.

If you're expecting or hoping for a feeling similar to benzos, you'll probably be disappointed.

Hmm true and also, with phenibut you don't get high off of it so you aren't going to feel much in that way..with phenibut, I basically just feel a little mood boost, not euphoria..phenibut works best in the area of eliminating social anxiety..on phenibut im much more social than I'd normally be..conversation flows fast and smooth..again I can tell phenibut is working because I notice these things not because I feel a mind bending high..phenibut is a weird drug..most expect too much out of it

Well shit, the post before my last one got deleted but basically I took 600mg more and it's still pretty subtle, but I noticed that it works much better on an empty stomach and then the buzz wears off whenever I eat. It feels kind of like alcohol minus the cognitive impairment, which is really mild but nice.

Yep, phenibut is much smoother and cleaner than alcohol..when it comes to social disinhibition it's very similar to alcohol..phenibut also tends to boost sex drive a bit

Hmm true and also, with phenibut you don't get high off of it so you aren't going to feel much in that way..with phenibut, I basically just feel a little mood boost, not euphoria..phenibut works best in the area of eliminating social anxiety..on phenibut im much more social than I'd normally be..conversation flows fast and smooth..again I can tell phenibut is working because I notice these things not because I feel a mind bending high..phenibut is a weird drug..most expect too much out of it

I don't know I definitely get high off of it man.

It's just a weird high which is a combination of sedation, stimulation and euphoria and dizziness sometimes combined with nausea if I dose too high lol.

Necessary conditions for feeling phenibut:

- proper dosage (individualized)
- empty stomach
- abstain from benzos

I don't know I definitely get high off of it man. It's just a weird high which is a combination of sedation, stimulation and euphoria and dizziness sometimes combined with nausea if I dose too high lol.
It definitely gives nausea and dizziness in excessive doses, just like alcohol and benzos (I assume most GABAergics in excess will cause this). To me (my max single dose is 4g), it never gave a sense of euphoria, certainly nothing like opiates or even the buzz I could sometimes get (albeit rarely) from short acting benzos like Xanax. Stimulation and sedation would cancel each other out, which one dominated when you took it? I found it didn't noticeably cause either for me.

Necessary conditions for feeling phenibut:

- proper dosage (individualized)
- empty stomach
- abstain from benzos

I don't know why you say that but abstaining from benzos is not a necessary condition for EVERYONE.

I was on both Klonopin and Lorzapam yesterday and felt it just like usual.

If anything I think it's possible you might get a STRONGER effect from the combination and some people recommend not combining it with benzos due to CNS depression but I didn't find it to be a problem.

Also, I don't take it on an empty stomach at all, so that's 2 of your 3 that aren't necessary lol.

It definitely gives nausea and dizziness in excessive doses, just like alcohol and benzos (I assume most GABAergics in excess will cause this). To me (my max single dose is 4g), it never gave a sense of euphoria, certainly nothing like opiates or even the buzz I could sometimes get (albeit rarely) from short acting benzos like Xanax. Stimulation and sedation would cancel each other out, which one dominated when you took it? I found it didn't noticeably cause either for me.

Much like Kratom, I find higher doses to be more sedating and lower doses to be more stimulating.

However, even on the same dose I've experienced both with them coming in waves, some stimulation at one point and some sedation at another, but that's more rare and USUALLY at a single dose I tend to get one effect and not the other.

At least on the lower doses SERIOUS sedation doesn't usually occur but the stimulation happens.

Both could happen at the higher doses though.

I also never take more than 4 grams because that is what it says on the tub.

I also never take it more than once every 6 days which is smart.

I've found that similar to Kratom, Phenibut has a learning curve.

At first I thought I could only possibly enjoy it by combining it with other substances like Kratom but now I can have a GREAT time on nothing other than Phenibut.

I also get SERIOUS euphoria from listening to music and find it enhances my listening experience.

The stimulation I get from it is unique and different from the stimulation I get from other stimulants I like like Dexedrine and Kratom but it would be hard to explain just how.

And unlike benzos which just help with my anxiety Phenibut gives me an actual high.

I take Klonopin but it doesn't get me high and neither do other benzos like Lorazapam though I've never tried Xanax which I hear is the one benzo EVERYONE gets high from.

Actually, the most similar drug to the Phenibut high I find is the one time I was injected Valium before a surgery and that is the only time that a proper benzo gave me a high.

Even though that high only lasted like 15 mins before I was put under so it's not much to compared to, but they felt very similar.

Also, there are two types of Phenibut: FAA and HCL.

I've tried both and it's hard to tell the difference.

Some people say that FAA is "cleaner" in terms of the feeling which might be true, not sure.

The biggest difference is how they taste and look in that HCL looks and tastes like salt while FAA looks and tastes like flour.

Last edited:
I don't know why you say that but abstaining from benzos is not a necessary condition for EVERYONE. I was on both Klonopin and Lorzapam yesterday and felt it just like usual. If anything I think it's possible you might get a STRONGER effect from the combination and some people recommend not combining it with benzos due to CNS depression but I didn't find it to be a problem. Also, I don't take it on an empty stomach at all, so that's 2 of your 3 that aren't necessary lol.
I'm guessing it's because the effect of benzos can often overpower what you'd feel from the phenibut - not unlike taking speed with caffeine. In both cases it is technically possible to feel the effect from each drug you've taken, but it's still likely that in many cases the benzos/speed will render the milder effect of the phenibut/caffeine almost unnoticeable.

I'm guessing it's because the effect of benzos can often overpower what you'd feel from the phenibut - not unlike taking speed with caffeine. In both cases it is technically possible to feel the effect from each drug you've taken, but it's still likely that in many cases the benzos/speed will render the milder effect of the phenibut/caffeine almost unnoticeable.

See, you refer to Phenibut as milder than benzos, but IMO Phenibut is a MUCH stronger feeling than the benzos I take, which is 1.5mgs of Klonopin as needed.

Klonopin just offers me anxiety relief but doesn't get me high, whereas Phenibut also offers anxiety relief but gets me high as hell, euphoric, and as mentioned, stimulated at lower doses and sedated at higher doses.

I guess everyone reacts differently to different drugs, and we also don't know what type of benzo or dosage he is used to.