• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Misc Northern Ireland Bluelighters

Derry is much better on a night out to be fair to it. Loads of good pubs and clubs.

I rarely go out in Belfast now tbh. Did see Colin geddis at the SSE there recently! It was awesome!
derry? never heard of it ;) jk's hahaha
my family would wind me up cuz i call it derry over the second other name, not my fault i had friends from both sides of the conflict and first time i brought an irish named girl home to meet the family. first thing my granda called her - 'uooshka' and she didn't spend a millisecond in correcting him with some sass added in, after that family loved her, that she could handle herself around my grandad and give as good as she was given in terms of banter.
If your wanting, next wee rave or decent music night is on up here, want me to give ya a DM about it?
me n my fella are going to see the pink floyd experience in The limelight in May which should be good craic

my family would wind me up cuz i call it derry over the second other name, not my fault i had friends from both sides of the conflict and first time i brought an irish named girl home to meet the family. first thing my granda called her - 'uooshka' and she didn't spend a millisecond in correcting him with some sass added in, after that family loved her, that she could handle herself around my grandad and give as good as she was given in terms of banter.
If your wanting, next wee rave or decent music night is on up here, want me to give ya a DM about it?
me n my fella are going to see the pink floyd experience in The limelight in May which should be good craic
No way! I’m actually going to that myself with a few friends!!

Give me a wee DM surely!

It's Ireland. UK me bolloxs
Nope. Its been in the uk for a long time.. Since the act of union and remained after the treaty sihned by traitor collins in 1921, thus ireland became divided. Uk crown controlled and vatican control in 1922. Vatican passed control thru yo its eu arm some time back and tge eu is leasing "la republeak" to wwf and chinese.

I grew up steeped in hatred for the brits by my ni relatives yet here i was, living in the godamn centre of the british mainland that the ira had bombed, just a coupla months before my birth.

To be honest i am totally delighted that my mother land remains part of thevuk and nout to do with them perverts in dublin.

Paivsley was right be dogs as was martin mcguinness.

Met mcguinness and adams in bellaghy 20 odd years ago. Mcguinness a soul tpucher, adams a fucken creep. Wasny a bit interested in me on hearing the wee brit accent on me. Mcguinness griped my hand and penetrated my soul with his eyes. Unwrved me.
Only onmcguinness sudden passing (around cash foer ash time) (not a genetic condition... Query.. Poisoned by the british state?) did i understand what his look meant "you and i both know this is dirty bizniz but we love this land and her rivers and mountains lough neagh to lough foyle.. We are co. Derry people!"

Sure thing. Lough neagh shores, derry side. Halfreared here the otber half reared on spaghetti junction, allegedly built with lough neagh sand.

Interesting that pakistani folks near me in brum inform me sinn fein are running scotland yard now. They are vaxine police and a disgrace. Campaign for justice for the 21 called on 21 nov 1974 says the same thing.

West midland police were protecting a ra man funeral in coventry that day. Geezer had blown himself upp at a telephone exchange. Guess what sprayed on wall of telephone exchange in aston this long time? Ira,.... Also known as mi5.

The North then. When people here say Ireland it’s ‘down south’ or used to be called ‘the free state’ lol.
Free state. Fucken free state more like it. My grandad was right. See this united ireland notion is a crazy thing. If you ever drive between parishes with someone who knows the land, you will be named that many divisive little town lands with huge names, ha ha, the biggest trick the empire ever played is to make people believe their border the only border on that island. Ulster and connacht always fought but enjoy good beef and cattle trade.. I dont trust cork, give me kerry any day over that shower of west brit pretend rebels. The east coast is full of strange frenvh fux like that simon fucken harris donkey "theres been 18 more covids before this one" fucken irish politix the late late show and fucken or tee euch and the dort.

Give me the kings head on me money over the fucken euro. Bring back da punt and the auld ways to the free state eu ass lickers.

Isn't Northern Ireland in Ireland???

(Sorry, I'll stop before I accidentally get Margaret Thatcher's corpse elected as PM and she starts funneling money to paramilitary groups again)
Lol. Did you watch that cook report on you tube? Its really funny. It shows how the money was running thru protection rackets on vonstruction sites, both sides paramilitaries.... And the deals were gettinh done at villa park and some bank in lozells or handsworth here. Its fascinating stuff. Shows thecestablishment laughing atvthe people while sacrificing their sons

What's fun things to do in the Norn apart from the causeway? Thinking of visiting but I've only ever been to the Free State before. A friend recommended a walking tour of Derry, round the castle and stuff. Quite keen to get out of just visiting Belfast but obviously I assume there's a few things to do there as well.
So so much, keep away from the causeway, its like a match day at villa park except they are all chinese tourists. Lock down i bet it was lovely. Visit thevsperrin mountains, mid ulster, co tyrone. Them places are less peopled.. Lough neagh shores. Id better stop. My heart is aching for home at halloween even tho i am just a confused drug addled brummie

Reactions: CFC
whats fun in norn ireland? nothing imo, they have sucked the life out of any nights out or raves and is belfast is only really good if your into learning about belfast's shipyards and the troubles.
why do ya think we gotta travel down south for most decent gigs and festivals lol causeway and maybe bushmills if you like whiskey. In belfast centre, theres little more to nightlife than drinking in some bar and eating outside after when drunk. Culture night can be very fun, where the whole town becomes a different event, ranging from some psytrance (tongues on the roof) or techno (DSNT) raves in the street , to some clown shows, to a dub reggae soundsystem playing somewhere to juggling. these things sound good but then you remember theres wee chav cunts everywhere ruining the fun for no reason. It's been fun sometimes.
You see the beaty of norn iron for me is the pure lifestyle. My family tho catholics were staunch non drinkers non smokers. I love the fields and thecsense of spacecaway from people. Its got the best food. Great local produce. You can get everything in norn iron. Theres a high stsndard of craft manship in norn iron. It is a very blessed place. Hail ulster, home of cu chullain.

see, belfast is shite ;) :p all site seeing ballix lol the fun stuff like any nights on, raves or festivals are either: only 1 day events, dont happen anymore (sunflower fest as example) or 'family friendly' festivals where its really only those 'trendy' folk with flowers stuck in their hair cuz its their first festival and they wanna pretend to be flower power hippies then later by night 1 they are screaming and crying the campsite down cuz they are pissed outta their heads and yellin about 'omg she took that weird coke, can you hear us, what are ya seeing?'.....

but you go down south? fuckin BEAUTIFUL, the bus journey down is a joy to begin with. Had many a fun weekend spent in cork, limerick, meath, dublin (but bring your own booze and don't drink in bars, overpriced, shot of bushmills - 12 euro in one bar)
Belfast is shyte is right. My friends dawta says to me i love belfast cos its so diverse.. I just smiled. I live in birmingham. You getcsick of diversity in a city like this. Yup. I wish the boat still sailed into larne. I was blessed that my dad is from the west so he would collect us from my grannies and then bring us west for a week. Itd be a great day or two journeying thru ulster and into connacht. Leitrim, sligo, mayo, they love the argies so they do in mayo. It must be a beef kind of contract. Oh they love the argies and the ira in mayo. Into galway and offaly. Following the shannon from carrick.
Portumna a snobby place for sailors. The orangemen love galway so they do. Yes they do.

The lovely thing in the north is that train from belfast to larne. Oh how lovely is that journey. The orangemen and women werevall nice to me that day in carrickfergus and larne. Oh yes the brits were right to hang on tight to the blessed corner. But the best bit i reckon is greysteel and ballykelly. Beautiful that you get to be looking over to dinegal and its fewclights and on a bad wet day you wouldnt see donegal.

Bord failte i see are resirtingvto londonderry tactix. Bastards. Its a part of birmibgham is londonderry. Google it.

Rip martin mcguinness. Visited his grace 12 july 2020. Lol. Defied the lock down was lovely. But couldnt get a pint euther side of the border disorder

Lucky of you to find her.

I was really hoping that this thread wouldn't descend straight into sectarianism but this is Ulster we're talking about after all. What did it take? Two or three posts?
Do catholics and protestants get on together now?
Depends on what you mean by protestants and catholics. If you mean "protestants" like the UDA, UVF and other paramilitary gangsters, then they generally hate Catholics, as do quite a few general "loyalists" who aren't involved in the paramilitary gangs. If by "catholics" you mean Republican paramilitary groups, they have traditionally - in theory - been non-sectarian even though of course sectarianism became a big part of it, even though the 1916 Proclamation and the general theories of Irish Republicanism have been non-sectarian, the PIRA in particular were guilty of sectarian attacks, as were the INLA at one point via an off-shoot some members made up to defend a blatant attack on Catholics (the INLA were Marxist-Leninists though and wanted to bridge religious gaps and focus on the class situation and the question of national liberation. They had a prominent Protestant member, Ronnie Bunting, who was the son of a high-ranking member of the British armed forces - can't remember the rank. Seamus Costello, founder of the INLA, said "I owe my allegiance to the working class". He was murdered by other republicans during a feud... Nothing more Irish than a feud and the loyalists are always feuding too - maybe they are more Irish than they care to admit haha. The loyalists fell into pieces and started feuding with each other after the Good Friday Agreement - they had all these guns and didn't know who to shoot anymore so they started shooting each other.).

Wikipedia will give you a breakdown of the deaths that occurred as a result of The Troubles: victims of loyalist attacks were overwhelmingly innocent catholics whereas the victims of the Republican paramilitaries tended to be police, the armed forces and loyalist paramilitaries. They killed a lot of innocent people too but nowhere near as many as loyalists. The (P)IRA's attacks were much more widely reported though given that the loyalists were on the side of the Brits - there has always been a bias in reporting. Lots of things are coming out now about collusion which has always been known about: for example, loyalist paramilitaries were given lists by special branch or MI5 to take out "republicans", many of whom were innocent - these would be considered extra-judicial killing I believe by The Hague. The Brits used the loyalists to do dirty work that they could not due (plausible deniability).

But the IRA was heavily infiltrated also by MI5 and others - look at Scappaticci, head of the IRA's unit for interrogating and murdering touts (grasses, snitches). Scappaticci, codename "Stakeknife", was an MI5 asset and this is a huge scandal at the moment. As is usually the case with these types, he was likely compromised for being a nonce. A shit loads of loyalists and unionist politicians were compromised in similar ways - take a look at the Kincora Boys Home scandal. It will make your blood boil. The Brits don't want a lot coming out, nor do most of the old PIRA/Sinn Fein leadership. It truly was "the dirty war" (read Martin Dillon's book of the same name. I can recommend other books too, including one that looks into Kincora but others too).

The "religious divide" however designed by the Brits with the usual divide and conquer tactics, to draw public opinion away from the actual objectives of Republicans but the best of the Republicans wanted a United Ireland and didn't "hate" protestants, they saw the Brits as their enemy and the "protestant" paramilitaries saw themselves as British and defenders of the "United Kingdom". Read James Connelly for good history on this, going back to the Ulster Plantations.

Everyday people try and get along and the majority aren't even particularly religious, in the newer generations. People from catholic stock may go through confirmation, occasionally go to mass to please their auld grandparents, but would be more "culturally catholic" than actual true believers. As for "protestants" as in the pro-Brit paramilitary types, the "loyalists" and the estates they rule over, I don't think that many of them are religious either and protestantism is less ritualistic than catholicism anyway.

The Orange Order hate Catholics of course and some of the UDA, UVF types and "loyalists" generally are members. I've met many as they run a lot of criminal enterprises that I have been close to (of course many Republicans have been involved in organised crime too and have been for a long time - I have known a couple of serious Republican crooks). One guy I know and who liked me a lot showed me some of the Orange Order handshakes and weirdly enough, even though I hate what they stand for, I've gotten along with the Orange Types I've known, pretty much always through drugs.

It is "complicated" but also "not complicated", but everyday people for the most part just get on with it - this does depend on where they live though.

Here's a wee joke for you about the North of Ireland:

A man with brown skin was walking down a dark alley just off the Shankill where he was confronted by some scary looking white men.
The biggest of the white men asked the man, 'are ye a catholic or a protestant?'
to which the brown skinned man replied, 'I am a muslim,'
the large white man replied, 'aye, but are ye a catholic muslim or a protestant muslim?'

You can imagine what happens next.

Lots more to say.

Last edited:
when I lived in Ireland I got the impression that religion isn't the problem, politics is. I saw a lot of pictures of the Pope in many homes' walls, but they were political flags and catholic folk, not proper religious symbols like say an orthodox icon.
In countries where your neighbours are all catholics, people don't spent their day telling each other how catholic they are, cause it would be ridiculous, but in Ireland or Poland being a catholic and making a flag out of it is very important, it's a national afirmation, a statement.
But, ultimately, it has nothing to do with religion, the average Polish or Irish dude isn't anymore catholic than the Portuguese or Italian one, and none of them (us) are familiar with the depths of catholic dogma

when I lived in Ireland I got the impression that religion isn't the problem, politics is. I saw a lot of pictures of the Pope in many homes' walls, but they were political flags and catholic folk, not proper religious symbols like say an orthodox icon.
In countries where your neighbours are all catholics, people don't spent their day telling each other how catholic they are, cause it would be ridiculous, but in Ireland or Poland being a catholic and making a flag out of it is very important, it's a national afirmation, a statement.
But, ultimately, it has nothing to do with religion, the average Polish or Irish dude isn't anymore catholic than the Portuguese or Italian one, and none of them (us) are familiar with the depths of catholic dogma
Were you in the south? Or were you in 6 of the 9 occupied counties in Ulster, aka "Northern Ireland"? It is very different.

In the north politics has always been the real problem but there is a high density of "protestants" there which go back to the times of the plantations who were brought over mostly from the southwest of Scotland, basically as serfs to work for rich, feudal landowners, and their "protestantism" was used to give them a feeling of superiority over the native, Irish, mostly catholic population. This was later utilised by the Brits to frame the conflict and the war as a "religious" and "sectarian" war, even though to its core it was political and the best theoreticians on the republican side never saw it as a religious conflict, only that religion was used and the loyalists didn't really have any theories at all beyond being "British", whatever that even means.

In the south you see hardly any of this division due to protestantism being tiny (even though republican hero, Wolfe Tone, was a protestant) and, as you say, you see similar expressions of Catholicism such as statues of the Holy Virgin by the road and pictures of Popes in homes, much like traditionally catholic countries from Italy to Mexico, but you see far less of this in the North due to the "protestant" "British" loyalists who reside there. In the north, you are far more likely to see murals depicting paramilitary groups, their symbols, their icons and such. Also what you're saying about the levels of "being" catholic is quite true - I saw a poll in which most catholics in Ireland would call themselves "culturally catholic" but not religious, which makes if you understand a bit about catholicism of course.

But yes, based on your post it sounds like you were in the South of Ireland - the North is a very different place, in the cities especially but also in some rural areas the sectarianism is highly visible and there is still a conflict there, although it is played down.

EDIT: if you came into the south you'd have been welcomed to "The Republic of Ireland" which is an EU country still. If you came into the north, you'd have been welcomed into "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" I think, although I've never flown in so I don't know. You can "choose" to be "British" or "Irish" in the statelet (as republicans sometimes call it) and there have been attempts at making the language "inclusive" but technically, according to which "state" you visited, you'll be able to tell from the details of the country you entered. I can ask my friend when she's back in a short while. Also you can drive between the north and the south of Ireland due to the ridiculous border that exists so you may well have visited "Northern Ireland" during your travels without even realising. It truly is quite ridiculous.

Last edited:
You are right, I was in the South
First days, when I saw all those Pope pics and catholic images I didn't know what to think, as if they were really hardcore religious or maybe if it all was a folk thing like in Southern Spain/Italy
Then I grew to (kind of) understand the place.

Leader of the DUP, Sir Jeffrey Donaldson, resigns after being charged with historic sexual offences.

For those unfamiliar with the basket case politics of the statelet known as "Norn Iron", the DUP are the leading unionist party who must share power with the leading republican party in their National Assembly (Stormont), which is their bizarre devolved parliament which has a power-sharing agreement attached to it. For context, the DUP are a reactionary unionist party with members who believe that the world is only 5000 years old. They threw a hissy fit after the Brexit referendum, despite supporting it, due to the question of a border with their beloved "United Kingdon", which would have possibly had to go down the Irish Sea, separating Ireland from Engerland and Scotland.

Anyway, they have always been foiling attempts to reach agreements via Stormont because they hate Sinn Fein and do not want to work with them, with Brexit being the latest issue. Recently charged leader Sir Jeffrey Donaldson (knighted by Queen El-lizard Breath in 2016) has been credited with making progress in the power-sharing agreement and getting Stormont up and running again.

Now he has been charged with these historic offences - make of that what you will. I hope that the alleged victims find justice. No surprises that a unionist or loyalist politician has been charged with sex offences.

This is major as it is the first person in such a senior position being charged with such offences while in office, at least in modern "British" ("Bratesh") politics.

Any unionists want to comment on this?