Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Misc Northern Ireland Bluelighters

ghostfreak

Moderator: DC, F&TV, S&G
Staff member
Well, anyone from this part of the UK?

As you can tell I am but wondered if anyone else was.

s'craic lad, used to be a fair load of us on here, quiet nowadays it seems, missed our meet up's at sunflower festival (was one the lads who set up the first 2, cousin got booted off g'grounds manager' for being an angry drunk cunt lol) and other fests down south, aint been to one with the BL crew in almost a decade now fs. If theres any happening, ill make sure to let ya know

What's fun things to do in the Norn apart from the causeway? Thinking of visiting but I've only ever been to the Free State before. A friend recommended a walking tour of Derry, round the castle and stuff. Quite keen to get out of just visiting Belfast but obviously I assume there's a few things to do there as well.

What's fun things to do in the Norn apart from the causeway? Thinking of visiting but I've only ever been to the Free State before. A friend recommended a walking tour of Derry, round the castle and stuff. Quite keen to get out of just visiting Belfast but obviously I assume there's a few things to do there as well.
whats fun in norn ireland? nothing imo, they have sucked the life out of any nights out or raves and is belfast is only really good if your into learning about belfast's shipyards and the troubles.
why do ya think we gotta travel down south for most decent gigs and festivals lol causeway and maybe bushmills if you like whiskey. In belfast centre, theres little more to nightlife than drinking in some bar and eating outside after when drunk. Culture night can be very fun, where the whole town becomes a different event, ranging from some psytrance (tongues on the roof) or techno (DSNT) raves in the street , to some clown shows, to a dub reggae soundsystem playing somewhere to juggling. these things sound good but then you remember theres wee chav cunts everywhere ruining the fun for no reason. It's been fun sometimes.

Reactions: CFC
whats fun in norn ireland? nothing imo, they have sucked the life out of any nights out or raves and is belfast is only really good if your into learning about belfast's shipyards and the troubles.
why do ya think we gotta travel down south for most decent gigs and festivals lol causeway and maybe bushmills if you like whiskey. In belfast centre, theres little more to nightlife than drinking in some bar and eating outside after when drunk. Culture night can be very fun, where the whole town becomes a different event, ranging from some psytrance (tongues on the roof) or techno (DSNT) raves in the street , to some clown shows, to a dub reggae soundsystem playing somewhere to juggling. these things sound good but then you remember theres wee chav cunts everywhere ruining the fun for no reason. It's been fun sometimes.

I'll be taking me Mum so it'll be more of a tour of historical and cultural type things rather than going partying or clubbing tbh lol. But point taken. Though I must say nights out in London aren't exactly what they used to be either, seems to be a UK-wide thing :(

Sorry if I sounded a bit of an ass there about the North being in the UK. It really doesn’t matter I was just asking for NI Bluelighters 😊

Ireland is Ireland. End of. 😜

Belfast is full of amazing things to do here’s a site you can check out: https://visitbelfast.com/see-do/attractions/. Personally I love Belfast castle and the GOT stained glass windows that are dotted around the city. Titanic quarter is pretty but a bit boring but then I’ve been there before a lot so….

Derry is another good choice, it’s a beautiful city and walking the city walls is a nice way to see it but other than that and the peace bridge I can’t think of any more to do there. Other than drink but you said you’re taking your mum?

The causeway coast is beautiful, if you rent a car you could see lots and it is stunning.

Northern Ireland attractions is another site with plenty to do.

I’m an irish gal, I have properties in both the north and south and personally Donegal is my favourite part of this whole island. It’s beautiful. It’s in the northern part of the island only it’s the “free state” as you call it. Again if you rent a car it’s easy to travel around.

Belfast is full of amazing things to do here’s a site you can check out: https://visitbelfast.com/see-do/attractions/. Personally I love Belfast castle and the GOT stained glass windows that are dotted around the city. Titanic quarter is pretty but a bit boring but then I’ve been there before a lot so….
see, belfast is shite ;) :p all site seeing ballix lol the fun stuff like any nights on, raves or festivals are either: only 1 day events, dont happen anymore (sunflower fest as example) or 'family friendly' festivals where its really only those 'trendy' folk with flowers stuck in their hair cuz its their first festival and they wanna pretend to be flower power hippies then later by night 1 they are screaming and crying the campsite down cuz they are pissed outta their heads and yellin about 'omg she took that weird coke, can you hear us, what are ya seeing?'.....

but you go down south? fuckin BEAUTIFUL, the bus journey down is a joy to begin with. Had many a fun weekend spent in cork, limerick, meath, dublin (but bring your own booze and don't drink in bars, overpriced, shot of bushmills - 12 euro in one bar)

see, belfast is shite ;) :p all site seeing ballix lol the fun stuff like any nights on, raves or festivals are either: only 1 day events, dont happen anymore (sunflower fest as example) or 'family friendly' festivals where its really only those 'trendy' folk with flowers stuck in their hair cuz its their first festival and they wanna pretend to be flower power hippies then later by night 1 they are screaming and crying the campsite down cuz they are pissed outta their heads and yellin about 'omg she took that weird coke, can you hear us, what are ya seeing?'.....

but you go down south? fuckin BEAUTIFUL, the bus journey down is a joy to begin with. Had many a fun weekend spent in cork, limerick, meath, dublin (but bring your own booze and don't drink in bars, overpriced, shot of bushmills - 12 euro in one bar)
Lots of dub restaurants you can BYOB which makes things a bit cheaper. Lots of good places In Donegal to drink and party also…

Lots of dub restaurants you can BYOB which makes things a bit cheaper. Lots of good places In Donegal to drink and party also…
aye, anywhere but belfast ;) lol donegal is lovely but the last spot i was in was very rural, just little pubs and chippies in that part, id love to experience the nightlife of donegal for partying.

i think its just cause im so used to living here in belfast and seen and had bad experiences on nights out and just see it keep going down hill in terms of what to do, after covid hit especially. you would have got a fair few parties before it but the lockdown has kinda put a real dampening on good nightlife like any raves or good events. Most nightlife here is = get drunk, get a kebab/shitty food and either go home or an afterparty with more drink OR get in a fight and off to musgrave to the drunk tank for the night. Even on culture night, this happens.

aye, anywhere but belfast ;) lol donegal is lovely but the last spot i was in was very rural, just little pubs and chippies in that part, id love to experience the nightlife of donegal for partying.

i think its just cause im so used to living here in belfast and seen and had bad experiences on nights out and just see it keep going down hill in terms of what to do, after covid hit especially. you would have got a fair few parties before it but the lockdown has kinda put a real dampening on good nightlife like any raves or good events. Most nightlife here is = get drunk, get a kebab/shitty food and either go home or an afterparty with more drink OR get in a fight and off to musgrave to the drunk tank for the night. Even on culture night, this happens.
Derry is much better on a night out to be fair to it. Loads of good pubs and clubs.

I rarely go out in Belfast now tbh. Did see Colin geddis at the SSE there recently! It was awesome!