• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Noisy neighbor

Right.

Be direct but don't let it linger in your mind.

Just assume she has the downs. (syndrome)

Here’s the story.
I was sitting waiting on Zoom for my interview. (She was 15 minutes late). So I’m sitting there rereading my notes (yes I typed up notes) and then suddenly the TV next door goes on. And I can see the microphone registering it, and I was livid, but there was nothing I could do so I banged on the wall out of sheer frustration.

That was yesterday. So today I see her in the hall. I’m about to unload on her and she apologized profusely and told me she is going to try and move the TV.

I felt shy then 😳, but I thanked her for bringing it up and being gracious.

I think I’ll write her a nice note. 🙂

Situation resolved.

I'm glad she was apologetic and that you didn't have to unload on her, and that a bad neighbor situation wasn't created. Sounds like about the best case scenario. As long as she really does move the TV and you don't have to deal with the sound anymore.

What should I do?
I would give her one opportunity to talk (knock on her door) and ask her nicely to turn it down. Then I'd talk to management if that one warning wasn't enough. Hopefully your building manager is willing to slap fines on people. Mine wasn't, so we had to move... but I'm sure you recall my saga. Couldn't get the guy to come to the door to talk.

It’s been so quiet. It’s heavenly. I really need to write a nice note to her. 🙂