• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

NO-vember '14 -- SL Gettin & Stayin Sober Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do consider myself very fortunate, all things considered. I keep myself in check with gratitude and the realization that a great many people are far worse off than me with less ample support systems. I don't really self-pity; it's just hard. It's hard to keep a balance between feeling like I have legitimate issues and am not "faking it all" and not feeling like everything is horrible and woe is me and all that. NA meetings are helping; seeing people in other situations, getting out of the house. My mom is absolutely wonderful and I'm so lucky to have a family who is close, who supports me, who will do whatever they can to help.
I do have a boyfriend/husband (complicated) but he's dealing with legal stuff in another state right now. That's hard, but I know we will be together again soon and get our life together back (five of the best years of my life), so I have to look forward to that. I feel better with him.

Exercise, vitamin D.
Don't neglect your regular meds or make any changes in them
Take basic good care of yourself
Now if I took my own advice......

I was on a 50,000IU Vitamin D regimen for a while. I should probably do it again as my levels tend to get scary low.
Exercise is hard for me, though I try, with my back. I can sometimes walk short distances or do some yoga. I try to do at least stretching every day. I usually eat pretty well (when I can eat) though I suffer loss of appetite so many days I can't/don't eat at all.

Swimming hurts. I did six months of hydrotheraphy and I have tried swimming as an exercise but it really hurts my back. There is a light water stretching class at the YMCA I think I'm going to try if I can get a free membership through my therapy office.

48 hours no heroin

2nd day of subs - 8 mg yesterday, 4 mg today.

eta: just caved and took 2 more mg, but it's still less than yesterday. 8, then 6, tomorrow 4.

Just stressed out. Been debating for two hours whether to text someone... so stupid, just text him or don't text him, anything but picking up your phone every 15 mins and staring at it before putting it down.

I hate texting guys first. I always feel like I'm bothering them :/

Last edited:
tyrosine, vit b6, vit c and d as someone mentioned helped me. my vit d levels were low when i quit dope. i had a test.
agmatine for energy, and l-carnitine helps turn food into energy.
the lethargy in the first couple months was killing me. i had to find a way to boost it with the exercise.. amino acids really helped. also, lots of protein drinks.

i thought about re-initiating my antidepressants and am still contemplating it, but the paxil i was on was giving me brain zaps or black outs of sorts, where things just went black very briefly and it felt like i was losing consciousness. although the paxil gave me some energy before

so grateful to be past this… i wasn't sure i was going to make it.

Three days heroin free now and I'm relieved of how painlesd it was to quit. I only did it for ten days though but in the past I would alwys get restless legs at night which are te worst for me. Didn't happen at all this time.

I guess it helps to stay as active as possible. My job is definitely helping me as once I'm there I simply can't cave and have to get my stuff together. It was a bit bumpy yesterday but in the end it all worked out.

☺☺☺

To everyone else posting here: I'm amazed by your strength! Keeping the good fight up after being on the drug forsuch a long time is really hard, especially if you're doing it on your own/without a lot of tasks to keep your mind from bad thoughts...

Last edited:
Nice to see that time adding up guys!

JungleJuice that is great, Blue keep it up! Smoky awesome, I'd love to give you are "maroon" keytag (I don't say red) because I like saying "Here in NA you are no longer marooned on an island of isolation and desperation!"

I am doing awesome! Life is pretty damn good for me right now and it seems to be getting better. I have to say I am very much in love which is something new for me, but my partner and I are extremely comfortable with each other so it doesn't feel awkward like I thought it would. So much stuff I was "worried" about when it came to relationships are just not happening. Looking forward to Thanksgiving with my family as well.

Nice, Phactor! Sounds like things are going well.

My new meds are a godsend. Abilify akasthisia sucks balls but I started on some Cogentin last night and it's helping a ton already.

Day 6 no heroin!!

And i have been slowly lowering my dose of suboxone from about 1 mg - .25 mg.. I went out the other day and purchased some magnesium citrate ( it also has the the other type of magnesium in it so i guess its beast lol) and also bought melatonin to help me sleep if it comes down to it. And I just returned from Riteaid and bought some Loperamide because i heard many good reports of it easing everything slightly in high doses.

So I am attempting to stop my suboxone tonight/tomorrow, what do you guys think about my little OTC helpers? I wish i could get my hands on some clonodine but its not possible currently. :p

I have 29 days

I only had 3 hours of sleep

I am so miserable because of the suicidal thoughts still plaguing my mind

Still, I am noticing I am smiling more each day and shit like that. I think I am slowly getting better.

Thanks so much Phactor, everyone.. I have not made it to 3 months in a very long time.
And congrats CH on 29!

Status
Not open for further replies.