Desperate No self control, recklessness

Have you tried meditating? It helped me loads when I was really struggling. It was bliss to be able to calm my mind and slow my thoughts right down. I remember thinking on a few occasions that it was a better feeling than any drug had given me. It wasn't easy to get into that state though it did take
I've got an appointment with the mental health team this week and I'm going to ask for a low dose anti psychotic because the voices in my mind have been quite negative for a few weeks now and it's getting me down. I've used olanzapine when I had a bit of a psychotic episode but didn't like it as I put on loads of weight and it totally wiped out my energy.

im very experienced in this i love agonizing my dopamine 3 receptors btw times to times to gain loss of control disinhibition and impulsivity and sex, and change my personality its like switch option, you will be different person with new ideas and acts.
for you there a 2 option the best is any dopamine 3 antagonist because you have hypersensitivity on them like i have hypersensitivity to dopamine 2 every one is different
the best med would be halopiridol the on set action is 1 hour and you will be free from impulsivity the dosage should between 2-8mg /day might be you need more

the second option is cognitive behavioral therapy like what i do with my ocd if i don't clean my hands 40 time i feel like the house is burning and see it with no action , CBT is very hard but effective if you don't like meds which is the best option, just when you get impulsive ideas , stop thinking completely and let happen what happen
Thing is, I seem to suffer from rapidly shifting dopamine levels, of which my normal state feels like depressed and low dopamine unable to get out of bed or have any energy or feel pleasure. Anhedonia. Then sometimes I get manic, and I hsve too much dopamine,, usually after drugs, where I feel invisible and reckless. Sometimes that gets so much dopamine I hear voices.

I'm very emotionally impulsive (meaning I impulsively do things based on anxiety, depression or other emotions). I'm not impulsive at all if I'm good mentally that day.

The only advice I have is some method chess players ask themselves when making a move:

- why am I playing this move?
- how will my opponent react?
- Most importantly - what squares or my OWN pieces does this move weaken?

Just like in chess, in life every action has a reaction, and we often only focus on what benefits that action has and not how it weakens our own position.

This is really just another way to think about mindfulness.

Just my nerdy 2 cents

If I ever had the misfortune to win the lottery (which I don't do because I'm too busy spending the money on booze, fags and drugs), I would be dead in six months.
I daydream about this a lot. I'd buy a house and a car, some other random shit, a few tattoos.... Then everything left over would be spent on a plethora of drugs and I'd die in weeks, too.

I have absolutely no self control regarding substance abuse. My only limiting factor is money.

If I can't afford it, I can't do it.

If I ever had the misfortune to win the lottery (which I don't do because I'm too busy spending the money on booze, fags and drugs), I would be dead in six months.
Some of my recklessness involves finances. There are times I literally ran my bank account from thousands to 0 In a matter of a day or a few days multiple times. Or example I spent 400 the other day that I couldn't afford. Thankfjlly I tricked myself and only brought a certain amount of cash with me, so that limited me from the desire to reduce

Have you tried meditating? It helped me loads when I was really struggling. It was bliss to be able to calm my mind and slow my thoughts right down. I remember thinking on a few occasions that it was a better feeling than any drug had given me. It wasn't easy to get into that state though it did take
I've got an appointment with the mental health team this week and I'm going to ask for a low dose anti psychotic because the voices in my mind have been quite negative for a few weeks now and it's getting me down. I've used olanzapine when I had a bit of a psychotic episode but didn't like it as I put on loads of weight and it totally wiped out my energy.
Only active meditation like strenuous exercise or dancing for days on end does it for me. Passive meditation, I can get into to relax but it doesn't seem to help with my mood regulation like cardjo does

Only active meditation like strenuous exercise or dancing for days on end does it for me. Passive meditation, I can get into to relax but it doesn't seem to help with my mood regulation like cardjo does
For the visceral benefits of meditation you have to continuously do it for months, years.

It physically alters your brain and strengthens the default mode network (?).

Like you said exercise meditation has immediate benefits that meditation can't provide until you've reached repetitive next level meditation

For the visceral benefits of meditation you have to continuously do it for months, years.

It physically alters your brain and strengthens the default mode network (?).

Like you said exercise meditation has immediate benefits that meditation can't provide until you've reached repetitive next level meditation

So I hear...

It can get boring doing it every day, I don't know how the monks manage it. And it gets confusing with so many different types and names.
I used to just follow my breathing or heartbeat for 20-30 mins sometimes longer. I found the more I could stop my thoughts the better I would feel at the end.

I can’t manage meditation very well because it is so difficult to still my mind that long, but I find Mindfullness very effective and I regularly check in my body and my mind about how I’m feeling. I now often catch may self spiralling out of control before any gets too fucked up. Like I know the very early signs of depression and the very early signs of mania quite well now and can take preventative measures if I check in and find the dial not quite in the right place one way or the other. Some days that means I need to get out of my house, some days it means I have to stay inside. Sometimes be active, sometimes just relax. Sometimes take drugs. Sometimes not. I don’t get it right all the time but It’s quite a while since I’ve spiralled totally out of control either up or down.

I learned about all these skills in my first rehab and then practiced them continually with an outside therapist for a few years. Best investment I ever made.

The other thing that gets to me all the people I thought I could rely on who disappeared on me, no one has the decency to even explain why, so I can grow.

This happens because a reliable friend would want to be friends with someone they also rely on and does figure out that they do have to look out for themselves.

Maybe they have tried or are not calling as they don't want to deal with the same thing again, call them and tell them you're working on yourself and catch up when you have? This probably won't work but its closure at least.

You say you have no self control but you must fo as you've realised that you are screwing up and not doing what you know you need to.

Life is not all party party and no one can just do anything they like to themselves and expect to have reliable self sufficient people around them.

Ive lost people i respected and that's on me, nothing can change that, you might have to have a think about what you are doing that isn't great for your friends, stop trying to find an excuse or self diagnose and go to see someone professional to help you.

Cognitive behavioural therapy is a long term not fun way to learn to do things differently and make better choices.

Im as impulsive as it gets and its hard but a distraction that can delay doing anything dumb can make that impulse go away.

I turn on episodes of House MD when I want to call my dealer and watch that, then forget I wanted to call.

See a psychologist, they can help if they're good, no harm in trying, maybe find new friends and be the reliable one too.

This happens because a reliable friend would want to be friends with someone they also rely on and does figure out that they do have to look out for themselves.

Maybe they have tried or are not calling as they don't want to deal with the same thing again, call them and tell them you're working on yourself and catch up when you have? This probably won't work but its closure at least.

You say you have no self control but you must fo as you've realised that you are screwing up and not doing what you know you need to.

Life is not all party party and no one can just do anything they like to themselves and expect to have reliable self sufficient people around them.

Ive lost people i respected and that's on me, nothing can change that, you might have to have a think about what you are doing that isn't great for your friends, stop trying to find an excuse or self diagnose and go to see someone professional to help you.

Cognitive behavioural therapy is a long term not fun way to learn to do things differently and make better choices.

Im as impulsive as it gets and its hard but a distraction that can delay doing anything dumb can make that impulse go away.

I turn on episodes of House MD when I want to call my dealer and watch that, then forget I wanted to call.

See a psychologist, they can help if they're good, no harm in trying, maybe find new friends and be the reliable one too.
I highly doubt you are as impulsive or reckless as me, anywhere near. Evil kenivle would be flabbergasted if he heard my mind on those days/weeks.

As for the friends, idk, some of these people DID rely on me HEAVILY, and I go to extreme lengths sacrificing personal comforts, resources, safety, to help the moment they ask, in fact I offer, which they readily accepted. I even do those things for strangers, which as I keep getting hurt by my good will, ive helped strangers less tho I can't help myself and today wasted even more money, at least a hundo, feeding 4 homeless people (letting them pick like 20$ worth of groceries each).. not that I expect others to do anything ive done for them, I know most people don't have the means (neither do I at this moment), or even the emotional energy which is fine. I just expect, say, over the course of like, 2 years, simple, very simple compassionate communication and an ear. That's all. Just someone to listen, to give advice. Paying someone to pretend to care doesn't do it for me. Its almost like blasphemy. I'm going to go to therapy for CBT and DBT, actually made an appointment today for next Friday, virtually. Still though, therapists are an adjunct to a support network, not a replacement for one.

Thank god for BL because as soon as I bit the bullet and started reaching out to people who don't actually know me (well, I hope most of you don't but ive met a lot of druggie all over the world and tend to leave an impression 😈 😄) and it surprised me how much an avatar of an anonymous user and their compassion and relatability, very well may have saved my life, or at least, decreased the chances of all this killing me sometime soon, at my own hand or otherwise.

Its also not entirely their or my fault, I haven't stayed in the same city/town for more than 6 months in over a decade, so I didn't get the chance to nurture or maintain existing ones. Especially because I focused all my love and energy into my romantic partners. Ive always made friends with females easier, and nearly all of the ones I got close woth, eventually became romantic, so really that also didn't help.

And yes, the whole "working on myself and catching up later" is something I needed to do for a long time, wish I had done it a year ago and I wouldn't have lost so many potential friends and relationships. However I did heed this advice maybe 2.5-3 months ago, withdrew from social media, changed my number, and stopped reaching out to anyone outside of bluelight

My trauma and ptsd aside (although my addiction seeking behaviors and cravings and recklessness and instability greatly increased since then, 5000x fold, no exaggeration), even just being an addict is one reason ive lost a lot of support. Like, at least 4 people cut me off because I was honest and reached out to them and told them I was either thinking about, or going to relapse, or already did. My family, I couldn't dare call for that. The people of NA/AA are so judgemental and cultists i don't feel comfortable joining it for support because of i do what my "disease" tells me ill be isolated, I cant take the pain of much more rejection and I am near certain abstinence is not possible for me, at least not anytime soon.

I can't stop making impulsive and reckless decisions. Not even just with my drug use, I do all kinds of dumb shit, ive walked thru the Amazon barefoot, ive gone into dangerous cities in Asia at 3am alone seeking drugs, ive had unprotected sex with sex workers, I use adulterated drugs knowingly with no tolerance, I get on planes and busses across the country. I keep thinking it will get better as I get older but it's not and I'm going to die. Tonight I relapsed on crack and heroin and luckily cut myself off at 400$, before I spent my savings and wind up homeless like usual. The difference: I am so traumatized by meth psychosis that finally it clicked never do meth again and even in my lowest state I denied it 30 times today, but I thought I was absolutely done with crack too.

Pretty much all my IRL friends have gotten sober at this point, or the ones that haven't arent so reckless. Ive lost too many friends to open up about this. My family will berate and abuse me and cut me off if I reached out and told them I was relapsing.

I dont know what to do. With how bad the recklessness is, I sort of feel like I might be bipolar because these states come out of nowhere... but I can NOT take antipsychotics.
I feel you mate.
am at same rocking boat as you are.
this damn crack is more addictive than any other drug i know and i too cant seem to stop smoking it for years and years already.

i wish you all the best mate

I feel you mate.
am at same rocking boat as you are.
this damn crack is more addictive than any other drug i know and i too cant seem to stop smoking it for years and years already.

i wish you all the best mate
:( I've only binged on it like 30 or 50 times, never longer than a week, in general I am reckless with whatever is available while I'm in that state, Crack is the worst financially, meth is worst mental health wise, and heroin the most dangerous.

Been stone cold sober 13 days! :)

Wow that's fantastic! How've you managed that?
Being locked in a clinic with 10k hanging over my head, lol. Before that though, I had a brief 4 day relapse with crack and heroin, other than that id only really used softer stuff like cannabis, 2cb, nitrous, alcohol, etc for 6 months, and prior to that one/two relapse and it had been a full year. I've been trying hard to avoid hard drugs since I started with them 3-4 years ago, getting much more serious as time went on and consequences increased. I dont see myself returning to any of it.