• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

No effects whatsoever anymore from most drugs?

The psychosis and damage is ultimately caused by over activity in the Glutamatergic neurons. Long term stimulant use at high doses leads to high Glutamate activity which can over stimulate the NMDA, AMPA and Kainate receptors. The more active these receptors become, the higher the concentration of Calcium (CA2+) Ions that are released into the neuron cells. Too much of this can ultimately lead to structural damage to the neuron cells and in more severe cases, lead to neuron cell death.

A similar issue occurs during severe Alcohol and Benzodiazepine withdrawal. Not because of increased levels of Glutamate, but due to the up-regulation of these Glutamate receptor groups, making more NMDA/AMPA/Kainate receptors available for Glutamate to bind to. Which ultimately has the same effect of releasing too many Calcium Ions into the neuron cells.

There's no quick fix to repairing long term damage. But there are a few things that can help. Such as taking NMDA receptor antagonists such as Magnesium Glycinate every day and Glutamate transport blockers like L-Theanine, which will reduce the amount of Glutamate in the Glutamatergic neurons and redirect it into the GABAergic neurons, boosting GABA levels through the GAD conversion process. Inositol can also help by promoting homeostasis and restoring the balance of function between neuron cells. You should notice a marked improvement in anxiety and depression levels over several weeks of consistent use, then further improvements in concentration and overall cognitive abilities with extended use.
Thank you for your reaction, this is very interesting stuff Im writing IT down...

The psychosis and damage is ultimately caused by over activity in the Glutamatergic neurons. Long term stimulant use at high doses leads to high Glutamate activity which can over stimulate the NMDA, AMPA and Kainate receptors. The more active these receptors become, the higher the concentration of Calcium (CA2+) Ions that are released into the neuron cells. Too much of this can ultimately lead to structural damage to the neuron cells and in more severe cases, lead to neuron cell death.

A similar issue occurs during severe Alcohol and Benzodiazepine withdrawal. Not because of increased levels of Glutamate, but due to the up-regulation of these Glutamate receptor groups, making more NMDA/AMPA/Kainate receptors available for Glutamate to bind to. Which ultimately has the same effect of releasing too many Calcium Ions into the neuron cells.

There's no quick fix to repairing long term damage. But there are a few things that can help. Such as taking NMDA receptor antagonists such as Magnesium Glycinate every day and Glutamate transport blockers like L-Theanine, which will reduce the amount of Glutamate in the Glutamatergic neurons and redirect it into the GABAergic neurons, boosting GABA levels through the GAD conversion process. Inositol can also help by promoting homeostasis and restoring the balance of function between neuron cells. You should notice a marked improvement in anxiety and depression levels over several weeks of consistent use, then further improvements in concentration and overall cognitive abilities with extended use.
Great post, thanks so much!! I've been thinking of starting on some l-theanine (I already take Mg Glycinate every day) to help repair the brain damage from many years of alcohol and drug abuse. Your post has convinced me to get some this week and start taking it :)

Im not sure what to think about microdosing to be honest, Im not so sure if Any psychedelic actually posesses the quality to heal in whatever amounts...

I.used to be into psychedelics and I happily accepted those notions, but exepierence made me sceptical...

Besides, I quit doing psychedelics since I suffered An epileptic insult from LSD...
I do appreciate this. I can't really take any more psychedelics in life now, I'm physically allergic to everything except LSD and I've had way more than my Lion's share of that like half a gram since 1996.

Microdosing psilocybin though, on paper, not necessarily to be ruled out, or an inevitable risky step.

It has miraculous potential for actual physical brain repair and reconnecting, I don't mean to experience the drug though, microdosing is sub perceptual.

The Stamen's protocol combines micro psilocybin with a few other non psychoactive brain and nerve repairng supplements.

It isn't about feelng any level of trip, we never know ofc but from all I have garnered, I feel it could maybe surprisingly help.

But kava honestly if you have not, really worth a try.

It is naturally anxiolytic with no WD, rebound etc.

It does support healthy brain and neurotransmitter function too.

I have the most advanced anxiety on Earth from so much physical nerve damage, Lyme from 2005, 10 dozen odd neurological viruses over time, but most of all a rarely intense personal experience with multiple overlapping long Covids, my NS was fully dysregulated by Lyme so the weapon Covid is just walks right into my NS and smashes it with a baseball bat.

Kava is vital for me to stay calm enough to live. But not because of an acquired dependance as such, but a true need.

I use cannabis too, v important physical medicine and antidepressant but very unhelpful for anxiety.

By usng kava alongside cannabis, the anxiety is mitigated.

I mean, you want to seek anything which might help, and not harm- I do appreciate that.

Kava won't harm. It may help.

Let me know if you want a link to a really useful summary. 🙂

I really apreciate the effort for your extensive reply, I find this to be interesting stuff... Yes sure, I would like a link.

Seems like you exepierenced some troubles, its good that you have ways of coping with things...

I dont really suffer from anxiety, so Im not that interested in drugs that numb anxiety, cause really, I have my medicin and its weed OR hash, they benefit me a great deal, really, they calm.me down very strongly... As long as I have weed OR hash I can take anything life trows at me...

And my Friend is going to be here in little over An hour with my new supply, so Im good for now...
I really wish I could enjoy THC. The idea of it has always appealed to me and in theory it SHOULD be the perfect drug for me. But it just doesn't agree with my brain. I've tried soooo many times to try and enjoy it, but it causes me to develop depression. I can't even use the smallest amount now. It sucks.

I really apreciate the effort for your extensive reply, I find this to be interesting stuff... Yes sure, I would like a link.

Seems like you exepierenced some troubles, its good that you have ways of coping with things...

I dont really suffer from anxiety, so Im not that interested in drugs that numb anxiety, cause really, I have my medicin and its weed OR hash, they benefit me a great deal, really, they calm.me down very strongly... As long as I have weed OR hash I can take anything life trows at me...
Hi, sorry I justt saw this now.

jftyi, Unless we "watch" a thread, we won't see a reply unless itvis a direct qoute, reply, or username mention.

But start here. It's just a concise but thorough overview to understand kava.

It's very easy to get, use, legal. No toxicity of body brain harm, medicinal like cannabis but the opposite there re anxiety production.

I will watch this thread. Am happy to answer any Q's, recommend specific "Cultivars" depending on your needs, diff cultivars vary more than diff strains of weed too.

The anxiety mitigation of weed, not actually it's selling point at all, but a real aded bonus. Generally calming, soothing, settling for especially a racey mind and unrestful body.

I looked up some things about kava, im interested now...

Are the extracts Any good? OR what would you guys recommend?

And what effects does it exactly give?

...?

I looked up some things about kava, im interested now...

Are the extracts Any good? OR what would you guys recommend?

And what effects does it exactly give?

...?
I've only tried it once and it was a long, long time ago. I recall that it produced a very mild relaxed state, reduced anxiety slightly, similar to a very strong chamomile tea.