• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

No clue what I'm doing but honestly need advise

Cheyenneskies

Greenlighter
I have a question and have no idea how to work this site so who knows where this will post... Ok here we go! I have a year addiction to 5/325 Vicodin, I started taking what the prescription said but at this point I take anywhere from 10-14 pills a day, so at my max 60 milligrams. I'm done, I hate it, I don't get a buzz anymore, I don't get relief from the tailbone injury I have and for the first time in a year admitted to myself that I am an addict. Here's my problem, no one knows, when I say no one I mean no one. I've hid it for a very long time, I'm a nurse, I'm a mom, im a regular person but I'm a addict.
I have 20 pills left and one 8mg suboxone, my question is..... HOW DO I DETOX WITH ONE SUB???? No I can't get more, this is all I have. Is there a way to take this sub, make it last to get me through the wds and me be me? I can't just lay around for days, I don't take any other medications and I have kids, I don't mind being tired or uncomfortable... Can someone give me a plan? A idea? Something? I really would appreciate it

That's the thing, all of us addicts are just regular people with a disease.The good news is your habit was quite small, so your witdrawal symptoms won't be terrible. I would try tapering down to normal therapeutic doses of the hydro with the last 20. Then see how you feel before trying the suboxone, as suboxone is stronger and could lead to a worse, more proloned detox. If you must take the suboxone, cut the strip into 16 equal pieces, this will give you .5mg, this shoud be your starting dose. Once you're closer to the end of your taper regiment, you can try cutting that 1/16, in half and getting a .250 dose, at this point sublingual administration becomes difficult to keep track of, I opt to dissolve in a little water and snort it, easy to handle, and the bioavailability is higher than SL. Hope this helped, if you need to talk about it, you can post or pm me.

Good Luck, Hopeless Soul

my advice would be to taper as much as you can like the above guy said then wait until you are in full WD. Only thing I recommend different is start with more than .5 of sub, i would say start with 1 mg and if its not enough take another .5 or 1 mg. that will leave with 6 mg. after you stabilize on the sub, wait as long as you can before you take the next sub dose and take less, like take .5 or even .25 mg. you dont need much sub at all, once your past the first three days of withdrawal. a habit your size can literally be detoxed with micro doses of sub. go as low as you can before jumping off and wait as much time as you can between doses. sub lasts in your system for days i use to detox off heroin by taking 4-6 mg sub on the first day, nothing the second day (the sub would still be holding me) and then drop down to 1 mg of sub on the third day. of course once i had biiger dope habits i needed wya more sub and i even got to where sub stopped working for me and it would take me 5 days just to feel normal on sub. but youre not at that level, so you should be fine. you can also just use kratom, which i like better than sub

TAPER TAPER TAPER TAPER TAPER TAPER (you get the point)

the main way of getting off of drugs is tapering because it works

it slowly gets the brain used to being off of the drug that you are addicted to to the point where you don't need it

now the thing is on how you go about doing this

1: seek help at an addiction centre

professionals will assist you on a regimen to help you get off the vicodin and no judgements will be passed and it is HIGHLY likely you will get off it permanently but if you want to get off of it independently......

2: do it alone

this is just cutting up all your pills to an even number (try cutting up your pills to each one being 20 equal pieces start the first week with 3 then next 2 and so on so on now you can go about this however you want just do the math try something you can do and get off)

and if you have willpower and motivation to quit I can 100% tell you that you will quit :) you can do it you have the power in you and don't let anything stop you

Im myself 3 months clean from heroin and when I saw this post I can tell you it struck a nerve I can sincerely say good luck on getting off the vicodin and we here at bluelight will be cheering you on

fuck I sound way too cheesy but really good luck

-streetcow

First, I've never tried this stuff.
But,if you feel like you can't just stop taking these pills and wait until your body stops needing them why don't you try some rehab center?
Actually, even if you can just stop the using, it would be good to join a rehab center cause they help you face the problems that made you a user in the first time.

You guys rock! I'll be 100% honest those 20 pills will be gone today, if I have them I take them, took 10 yesterday and the other 10 will be gone tonight so I'm done. One good thing about me if I don't have them I don't go looking for them, I've only abused my script, never bought them for anyone.
Ok so let's talk about tomorrow. I have one 8m sub, am I cutting this in 8 pieces? More? Less? I need one of you to put me on a schedule and trust me I'll follow it but I need your guidance.
Kratom a few years ago was my saving grace! I read up about it and decided to try and and it worked however it took me weeks ( with the same milligram addiction I have now ) to feel better, the taste of the Kratom ( mixed with grapefruit or orange juice ) makes me sick to the point im forcing myself not to throw up.
My goal with this one sub was to get through the withdrawls and be semi ok within a few days, like I said the Kratom worked but it took too long.
Do you guys think this one sub will help? I need advise and a schedule!
I appreciate an help you all give, I truly do

I have no insurance I can't afford rehab nor can I go even if I did. No one and I mean no one knows I have this habit. I'm a full time nurse, a pta mom, a mother of 4 and rehab isn't a option. If I had insurance I would definitely try a outpatient but going into a rehab isn't a option for me

And the reason I'm a user to begin with and this is the honest to gods truth... Those pills gave this mom who works too much energy like no other! I joined the gym Friday, I started to change my diet completely ( I'm only 120lbs and 45 but I don't eat right ) I decided on Friday I was going to try a different way to get the energy I'm craving. I'm ashamed I let this get as out of control as it has.

Ok that just scared the shit out of me! If I take my last pill tonight around 9p should I wait till 9p the next day? I'll be in withdrawal by then for sure, in fact I'll be sick by noon.... I honestly need guidance cause I'm clueless.

You guys rock! I'll be 100% honest those 20 pills will be gone today, if I have them I take them, took 10 yesterday and the other 10 will be gone tonight so I'm done. One good thing about me if I don't have them I don't go looking for them, I've only abused my script, never bought them for anyone.
Ok so let's talk about tomorrow. I have one 8m sub, am I cutting this in 8 pieces? More? Less? I need one of you to put me on a schedule and trust me I'll follow it but I need your guidance.
Kratom a few years ago was my saving grace! I read up about it and decided to try and and it worked however it took me weeks ( with the same milligram addiction I have now ) to feel better, the taste of the Kratom ( mixed with grapefruit or orange juice ) makes me sick to the point im forcing myself not to throw up.
My goal with this one sub was to get through the withdrawls and be semi ok within a few days, like I said the Kratom worked but it took too long.
Do you guys think this one sub will help? I need advise and a schedule!
I appreciate an help you all give, I truly do
The first sentence in your post, is what you need to work on! You need to change this mentality and it doesn't happen over night! It takes months for your brain to rebalance your reward system. I'll be the first one to tell you that if you do not address this issue, you WILL RELAPSE, 100% guaranteed! That's one of the things tapering does, it not only gets your body physically adjusted to less of a dose, but gradually gets your mind adjusted as well.

I think an above poster mentioned a rehab center, this would be good for you, but in your situation (job,kids), it doesn't sound practical, so at the very least find some NA classes.

You want to cut the sub into more than 8 pieces, cut it into 16 equal pieces using a scissors or an exacto knife. Start with one piece (.5mg). Suboxone can take up to 2 hours to fully kick in, especially sublingually, so after 2 hours have passed and you still don't feel relief, you can dose another 16th. This leaves you with 14 pieces. Take .5 once a day for 4 days. Now you have 10 16ths pieces left (.250), take .25 once a day for 5 days. Now you have 5 .25 pieces, cut them in half once more giving you 10 .125 pieces. Take one per day for 4 days. With the remaining 6 .125 pieces you want to start skipping days, normally you want to dose one day, skip a day, dose the next day, skip two days, and keep the pattern going, however if you don't feel good on the second or third day skipped, it will be okay to take your dose, just try to skip as many days as you can! This process won't bypass WD 100%, you'll still have to deal with some lingering sub effects, but its the path of least resistance.

If you have any questions, just ask. Good luck,
- Hopeless Soul

LOL I'm sorry I'm not a native english speaker and I guess that was some bad use of language. Yeah that's what I wanted to say, use some outpatient help. You know, those organisations that help users rehab with some phsycological help, some advise...of course I don't suggest u to get in a prison-like rehab center until you are clear.
Here in Greece you don't need to have insurance to get in such a program, there are organisations that help u for free. I don't know were are you from but I think there must be such organisations in every country.

Ok that just scared the shit out of me! If I take my last pill tonight around 9p should I wait till 9p the next day? I'll be in withdrawal by then for sure, in fact I'll be sick by noon.... I honestly need guidance cause I'm clueless.
Normally with hydro they want you to wait 16-24 hours before inducting suboxone, but it has more to do with level of WD symptoms, than time. If you are in moderate to severe WD after 12 hours, you will be fine to induct .5, without the fear of pwd. Google 'cows scale', and this will help you determine how severe your wds are.

- Hopeless 7nos

Thank you. I'll google that now. Is it weird I'm excited to start the sub? I'm strong I know I can do this! Of course my biggest fear is withdrawl symptoms but my BIGGER fear is being a addict.

Ok so 16 pieces I need to cut this into? Again, I'm sorry I keep posting just wanna make sure I do this right.

Ok so 16 pieces I need to cut this into? Again, I'm sorry I keep posting just wanna make sure I do this right.
No you're fine posting, that's the whole reason the site exists! So dont feel like you need to limit your number of questions. As fas as being excited, no that's not weird at all, you're making improvements in your life and getting a big monkey off your back, that's exciting stuff! I'm happy for you, and I truly hope this works out for you.

Yes cut it into 16 equal pieces, and if you follow the taper plan I posted for you earlier, you'll eventually cut the last 5 pieces in half again. When the pieces are that small they become hard to keep track of sublingually, so you can put a drop or two of water in a spoon, let the suboxone dissolve for 5-10 minutes, then place the water underneath your tongue. You want to hold it there for about 10 mins, along with whatever saliva builds up during the process. After 10-15 minutes, spit the solution out, don't swallow it, this will help you avoid the 'suboxone headache', that is caused by the naloxone.

- Hopeless Soul

Just my .02. You said if you have the pills on hand you will take them. That's exactly how I am. I tried so many times to taper myself off oxy and it didn't work. I just ended up taking all the pills I had planned to use to taper, making my habit even worse. The ONLY thing that worked for me was cold turkey. I even tried the methadone clinic and I just ended up staying there way longer than I intended to, and just went cold turkey on the methadone. It sucks, but its not the end of the world. You cant die from opiate wds. If you have any vacation time, use it to wd so you don't arouse any suspicion. Or you can just say youre coming down with something and get yourself a few days off at least. Another thing, and since youre a nurse im sure you know this, that's a lot of acet. to be taking every day, you may want to get some type of liver testing done. Enzyme levels, I think is what they test for.

I know and I'm too afraid to get my levels checked. It's been a year and 4 days since I started this habit so I know the damage I could have caused myself:( I wish I had the time to take off but I don't. I'm scared to death to withdrawl, I don't have anxiety issues but the thought of that makes me terribly anxious. I'm confident in myself I can do this with this one sub and if it doesn't work then I'll be in withdrawls and I'll deal with it the best I can. I refuse to be an addict anymore. I even called NA today out of my area of course and I'm going to a meeting Friday to start my recovery. I know I'm an addict, I know I have a problem but I keep thinking that so many people have had it so much worse then I do and are clean and sober so I know I can too!!!! Wish me luck cause tomorrow will be day one and even thou I'm nervous I'm more excited then scared right now

Hey there:)Everyones different,I was addicted for 7 years(codeine)21 pills or more a day.I have insurance went to see a psychiatrist booked in a private clinic..they said I have bipolar 2 and helped me tapper but gave substitute drugs and benzos slping pills and so on.long story short I quit the codeine and got addicted to harder schedule 7 and 8 meds...overdid it used my scripts up before due date etc..when I couldn't function became delayed and zombie mode I decided this trip is not for me..I headed back to codeine for another 2 years...almost lost everything and everyone I love started pharmacy hopping dr shopping and so on..till 2 years ago I quit cold turkey.just threw away almost 100pills..got massive headaches,threw up like I had food poisoning..went to work didn't take off..sometimes I got a fever,took nothing just went to bathroom rinsed my face and lay on the cold tiles for relief then back to the office.it went on for 3 days..my headache was the worst part felt my brain was about to explode,but after that horrible peak it only gets better.but everyones different,I would never have stopped if I kept replacing different pills swopping them..I'm an addict so everything that Gives me relief,release and escape I'm prone to ABUSE..I wish u all the best,stay strong never give up!