• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

No bowel movment in 10 days

^ keep high fiberous foods in your daily diet, indeed.

It worked! I did this with some pinto beans in it also and some magnesium and plenty of water and boom, cleared out.

Good to know. I get anxious after just a few days of not going.

What is your diet like usually? The fact that mere fibrous food and fluids had such a dramatic effect is alarming.

ebola

Good to know. I get anxious after just a few days of not going.

I was downright worried something was seriously wrong... No $ for a doctor, so I posted here not knowing what else to do heh.

thanks kyn<3
What is your diet like usually? The fact that mere fibrous food and fluids had such a dramatic effect is alarming.

ebola
My diet is pretty much whatever I can afford at the time or whatever food is offered to me. Sometimes it's healthy, sometimes it's not. I usually try to eat fiber, both soluble and insoluble, and balance my vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, EFA's etc. I take a pretty good whole-food multivitamin usually when I eat very little and/or go to the gym. Nutritionally speaking I am pretty well balanced, although there are times when I can only afford to eat what food friends/family offers, leftovers etc, which can be pretty low in fiber and/or high in fat. And typically healthy food takes a lot of prep time which I typically don't have. And on my budget getting pre-prepped veggies and fruits from the grocery store isn't feasible.

I'm sure not going to the gym the week of thanksgiving might have messed things up a bit. I wanted to go but the gym I get free access to at my uni was closed that week. I know exercise helps constipation also.

What do you think? Could stress cause constipation? I've been pretty stressed recently..

Stress definitely aggravates your system. Usually mine goes the other way but I suppose it could cause constipation.

a failsafe method ive found is to eat yellow split pea soup for every meal (or when youre hungry) for an entire day, sometimes two if necessary. i guarantee you will have regular bowel movements and a good clean out of your insides within 48 hours. everyone whom ive recommended this to raves about it, and its a more gentle way to ease constipation.

the recipe is super simple, tasty and highly effective.

a half gallon of vegetable stock
500gms yellow split peas, let these simmer together for an hour
2 carrots
2 potatoes
2 celery sticks
cracked pepper
add your veges and let simmer for another half hour, blend to a smooth consistency and serve.

good luck!

...kytnism...:|

I'm going to try this recipe man..
My girlfriend has this problem on a regular basis.
She won't EVER go #2 and once a week she'll have to take laxatives, drink milk of magnesia and take an enema or 2 until she finally goes.
She has to wait until she has 2 days off in a row from work to go through this process, so sometimes she has to wait longer than a week.
Afterwards it looks like she lost 20lbs!

I've been trying to find a natural remedy to this. I feel all of that in her stomach plus alcohol plus all the benadryl she needs to go to sleep must be horrible for her body.
We have activia, fiber cereals, eat salads for dinner pretty frequently, try the coffee and cigarettes, but it doesn't seem to help much.

Bro you have to do something soon. My friend an opiate user went 8 days and on the ninth the shit hit the fan. His pain became terrible to the point that he laid in a fetal position on the floor and would not get up. We took him to the emergency ward and the doctors thought it was appendicitis until we told him the problem. They opened him up and his large intestine became so impacted that it split length wise and he lost almost a third of it. The poison within him caused major infection and his appendix was perforated so it was removed. He was there for two weeks because the opening from his chest to his navel would not heal. I don't know if this was uncommon but it made me aware of the possibility and I take stool softeners when I think I might have a problem. Also black beans, chili and a shot of olive oil have helped make me regular.

Yeah 10 days is way too long. Shadowblaze beat me to it, but yeah an you definitely don't want an impacted colon. That shit can kill you no pun intended.

Besides what's already been suggested... I would suggest stool softner, (docusate sodium only) instead of laxatives at least as far as continual use because laxatives flush water and electrolytes out of your system. Make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day. A lot of people are dehydrated and don't even know it. I'd aim at least getting 80oz.

Besides that as far as some fairly cheap foods I'd recommend...

Oatmeal
Apples
Spinach
Olive oil
Pineapple (canned or fresh)

Last edited:
It worked! I did this with some pinto beans in it also and some magnesium and plenty of water and boom, cleared out.

Do that regularly - food like that should make up your diet at least 3 days out of seven. IF you don't start eating a diet of mainly plants (not solely just eat better quality meat less often) then the next time you get a problem in your bowels it could be much, much worse.

Been much better haha. I guess for a short period I didn't have enough fiber in my diet. I bought some beans to cook though been eating them regularly. I fart a lot more though but I suppose it's better than being constipated

Not to mention later in your life you have a much better chance of developing divertik(c)ulitis if you don't eat enough fiber. Fart, and be healthy! Once you get your local flora and fauna built back up you should see a drop off in gas.

I too often fluctuate between farting seldom to embarrassingly frequent, often with great volume.

Researching into how this can be fixed.

I'll keep you all updated.

If your constipated some things you could try would be prune juice, glycerene suppositories or magnesium citrate.

I got really constipated once and took all three. All that stuff is relatively cheap.

I was pooping for like 3 days straight and it was all solid. I was on a large amount of opiates though and that was the cause of my constipation.

If you are not constipated maybe add some fiber, fruits, and veggies to your diet. Prune juice sure gets you going.

Also senokot is pretty good for getting your guts moving again.

I poop at least twice a day. I also have farting issues. It seems that complex carbs like those in bread make me fart.

^I had a protein supp that gave me deadly farts. I would pull the covers over my girl and she would punch the hell out of me :) good times.

I too often fluctuate between farting seldom to embarrassingly frequent, often with great volume.

Researching into how this can be fixed.

I'll keep you all updated.

Q. Why did God make farts smell?
A. So deaf people can enjoy them as well.

That's actually the oldest recorded joke in the English language :)