• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Nitrous Oxide techniques

get a tank of oxygen and fill balloons 50/50 n2o/o2... you can breathe that shit for DAYS and all that happens is you get more and more fucked... no headache either, you can actually go as far as 80/20 nitrous/oxygen and it's the same as room air.
I remember when my partner was giving birth. It fucked me up far more than balloons ever did :LOL: I believe that was 50/50.

so taking B12 supplements is pointless?

Is there any safe(r) way of using N20 without depleting B12?

Taking B12 at the same time/day as using N20 would probably not absorb efficiently and possibly not at all. What you should do is make sure to use B12 Supplements on the Days off and without using Nitrous Oxide that will definitely help when your body is capable of absorbing the B12 Supplements.

Speaking of Filters this is an interesting article and helpful harm reduction information to read about the oily residue and how to filter it. https://erowid.org/chemicals/nitrous/nitrous_article2.shtml

Last edited:
Taking B12 at the same time/day as using N20 would probably not absorb efficiently and possibly not at all.

Why do you say that?

Why do you say that?

Did you not read my Posts?

I said that it prevents the body from being able to absorb B12 hence if your using it Daily taking a Vitamin B12 Supplement will not do much if anything to help prevent problems since you simply won't absorb it. This is very easily found through a Google Search. I will just do one myself and give a Link to the first thing I find that references this then if your curious about my statements you can Research more about it to verify what I'm saying I guess?

Nitrous Oxide effectively disrupts the metabolic pathway of vitamin B12 in the body. To understand the mechanics of this process, one first has to know a little about the metabolic pathway. (Which I personally don't understand how this works exactly that is)

Ah well Googling "Nitrous Oxide Prevents Vitamin B12 Absorption" States this right at the top of the Search Results" (Nitrous oxide interferes with vitamin B12 metabolism, by oxidizing the cobalt atom and irreversibly inactivating the enzyme methionine synthetase [6]. This impairs the production of methionine (from homocysteine), a substrate for tetrahydrofolate and thymidine during DNA synthesis. ) which I got no idea what this means exactly especially the irreversibly part.

(That says "inactivation" instead of lack of absorption" and States "For this reason, nitrous oxide should not be given continuously for more than 24 hours, or more frequently than every 4 days, without close clinical supervision and haematological monitoring. Neurological toxic effects can occur without anaemia or macrocytosis, and even when B12 levels are in the normal range."

I wish I had the time to Google more information about this as it's a common misconception that using vitamin B12 supplements at the same time using Nitrous Oxide will prevent it from depleting your vitamin B12 amounts becoming lower.

Keep in mind you need to consume a lot of Nitrous Oxide literally every single day! Like this person who used "46 to 100 Cannisters Daily." https://www.shmabstracts.com/abstra...onsequence-of-recreational-nitrous-oxide-use/

Or even less like this person who only used "20-30 Cannisters Daily" https://www.cureus.com/articles/222...12-deficiency-presenting-with-myeloneuropathy

Or even just non-recreational use in a Man who just used it once under anesthesia at least from the title of the Article States.

Again this is literally information I have gathered by Googling "Nitrous Oxide Prevents Vitamin B12 Absorption" than randomly clicking on articles and then copying and pasting the links here. Simply imagine if you take the time and effort to learn even more and nobody should use any Drug until they know everything about it like the back their hand or at least should know that you might not be a "lucky" person and get a bad side-effect like a person I read who developed acute liver failure from Kratom due to not being able to metabolize it through his Liver causing it to build up.

I hope this information helps someone who does a Google Search and hopefully comes across this Bluelight Thread with this Post of mine in it hence I'm making it.

I will just have them check B-12 the next time my doctor sends me to Quest. Medicare pays for it. Thanks for the info.

Ah well Googling "Nitrous Oxide Prevents Vitamin B12 Absorption" States this right at the top of the Search Results" (Nitrous oxide interferes with vitamin B12 metabolism, by oxidizing the cobalt atom and irreversibly inactivating the enzyme methionine synthetase [6]. This impairs the production of methionine (from homocysteine), a substrate for tetrahydrofolate and thymidine during DNA synthesis. ) which I got no idea what this means exactly especially the irreversibly part.

funny, googling that shows a lot of papers that suggest N2O destroys or inactivates B12 causing deficiency but I see nothing about absorbtion being stopped. sounds to me like it depeletes/inactivates B12 rather than stopping the absorbtion. that is, the N2O reacts with B12 to make some other compound that cannot break back down to B12. The end result is the same (lack of B12 activity) but it's interesting to note in one of those cases they mention that B12 injections helped reverse the neurotoxic effects for a time. And there was a study that suggests taking regular doses of B12 can help prevent N2O damage (by providing a large reservoir of B12 probably) - Badner et al. showed in a randomized controlled trial that daily preoperative treatment with oral B-vitamins for one week before surgery was able to reduce the nitrous oxide-induced homocysteine increase (an enzyme that uses B12)

As far as I know B12 is still absorbed by the body regardless of N2O consumption, it's just any B12 in the blood will be destroyed by N2O.

Maybe the solution is taking large doses of B12 after the N2O has cleared your body, between sessions.

Last edited:
I remember when my partner was giving birth. It fucked me up far more than balloons ever did :LOL: I believe that was 50/50.
Ha I had the gas in labour and the pain was so severe they just told me to stop screaming and suck the gas, I was nanging hard core but it did nothing for the pain!

Bangs at the end of a csndyflip are always worth it.

Best experience was this guy and his scuba tank fill of bangs handing out these huge balloons .

Cracking 2 bulbs per balloon at home with my lucky little red machine works fine, it's a retro machine so don't trust it to work without balloons.

funny, googling that shows a lot of papers that suggest N2O destroys or inactivates B12 causing deficiency but I see nothing about absorbtion being stopped. sounds to me like it depeletes/inactivates B12 rather than stopping the absorbtion. that is, the N2O reacts with B12 to make some other compound that cannot break back down to B12. The end result is the same (lack of B12 activity) but it's interesting to note in one of those cases they mention that B12 injections helped reverse the neurotoxic effects for a time. And there was a study that suggests taking regular doses of B12 can help prevent N2O damage (by providing a large reservoir of B12 probably) - Badner et al. showed in a randomized controlled trial that daily preoperative treatment with oral B-vitamins for one week before surgery was able to reduce the nitrous oxide-induced homocysteine increase (an enzyme that uses B12)

As far as I know B12 is still absorbed by the body regardless of N2O consumption, it's just any B12 in the blood will be destroyed by N2O.

Maybe the solution is taking large doses of B12 after the N2O has cleared your body, between sessions.

I didn't remember the exact way it effects B12 hence I said it prevents absorption. Although I never said "100% zero Vitamin B12 is absorbed when using N20 at the same time of use"

You're pointing out that it's destroyed by the N20 which the effects are still the same (which you stated yourself in your post thank u). Meaning my statement is still correct that taking a Vitamin B12 Supplement before and after N20 use is far better than using at the same time.

At best using a B12 at the same time of using N20 will slow down the loss of it. I'm glad the information was acknowledged and another Post made by you has further helped the understanding of how exactly nitrous oxide daily long-term use affects vitamin B12 absorption in the body.

I'm a little concerned about this report that you may be inhaling specks of metal and/or grime dirt with N2O canisters

might try placing some tissue over the spout next time

If your worried about inhaling that stuff than read everything in that article and I suggest doing what it recommends. Using a Nitrokit with Carbon Filters can help a bit but putting 4-6 cotton balls stuffed into the end of a WCM Nozzle plus an elastic band around a paper towel will get rid of it. Just entirely read the whole article that you just posted as I do this and it seems to be very effective. More importantly, it's an extremely easy DIY method too which if you value your lung health and especially if u use N20 very frequently then I would at the very least do what it suggests in that Erowid Article.

Last edited:
Can you really die from 'lack of oxygen' when you just use the canisters one at a time? There's enough time to breathe in between changing canisters/balloons, isn't there?

Last edited:
I've only had unlimited access to N2O a couple of times - which were in a medical setting (I wasn't the patient) and I've no idea what the ratio of N2O and O2 is in that situation. But although it was fairly pleasant and morish, it was nothing special. Gave me a bloody nose bleed though after prolonged use.

I get the impression that it only gets 'interesting' when oxygen is deprived.

Like most inhalants...

If you keep huffing pure N2O without breathing any air or oxygen in, you'll eventually pass out. Fortunately your automatic breathing reflex should kick in and you'll come to, but it's not a smart idea to do that...

The trick is a system where you breathe normally and there is just a hose in your mouth. Hit the switch/valve, get a hit. You can dribble out one cart for 3 or 4 hits.

I've only had unlimited access to N2O a couple of times - which were in a medical setting (I wasn't the patient) and I've no idea what the ratio of N2O and O2 is in that situation. But although it was fairly pleasant and morish, it was nothing special. Gave me a bloody nose bleed though after prolonged use.

I get the impression that it only gets 'interesting' when oxygen is deprived.

Like most inhalants...

Nitrous Oxide is enjoyable (amazingly enjoyable) when mixed with other drugs like MDMA, Shrooms or even some Weed etc. it's not oxygen deprivation that makes N20 enjoyable as using it alone is not at all enjoyable. Especially since it takes 30 Seconds for full effects and if I remember what I've read in the past correctly the Nitrous Oxide doesn't absorb into your lungs or anything it literally starts wearing off the moment you exhale it so the effects last as long as you can hold you're breathing but as mentioned that's not recommended to the point you pass out from it. The urge to breathe will be for lack of a better term "suppressed" I guess you could say.

I have found a slowly released dose into your regular breathing gives you a somewhat sustained high without lowering your blood oxygen. You need somerthing more sophistocated than a balloon or just taking a big hit from a soda charger to do that.

I know. I am the poster child
My wife and I did 150 the other night.
We used to have a 20 pound bottle with solenoid valves and a button in your hand.
My wife had V2.0 with the toggle loader (single shot bolt action) and I was using V1.0 with a filtered soda bottle (a muzzle loading musket). I was getting carpal tunnel from screwing in the carts and my hand was greasy <insert joke here>
The V3.0 magazine fed bolt action is waiting for the right toggle or I am making one. (hard to find one with a >3" throw)
The linear actuator is looking better all the time but I was saving that for the full automatic V4.0
I still miss my tank. That was a minigun and all the ammo you could pack in a Humvee

Sorry I am an old Gunners Mate. Handling cartridges is handling cartridges. Get them in, shoot them and get them out, eject and reload.
Your tax dollars at work ;)