• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Nitrous Oxide techniques

Forever Changes

Bluelighter
I've had mixed results with this so far

I use the N20 canisters in a whipped cream dispenser, but keeping the balloons (I use the strong punch balloons) airtight to let the gas into it is difficult, especially as a lot of gas seeps out and the balloons have a tendency to split.

I've tried filling several canisters into the dispenser before discharghing into the balloon, but again the difficulty is getting the balloon to remain airtight with one hand while changing the canisters with the other, and even the strong balloons do split

as far as effects, when it works it lasts for perhaps 30-60 seconds - there's a definite high, but it doesn't last for long, so kind of seems more trouble than it's worth. I know some people prepare lots of balloons for a long session and suck them one one after the other

I've also read that you should supplement on Vitmain B12 if you do this, but I don't know whether this is an urban myth or whether you should be taking lots of B12 if you intend on using N2O a lot. Is it B12 in particular, or B vitamins in general?

Last edited:
B12 in specific is depleted by extended use of nitrous. It’s not a biggie if you’re just doing one session but using multiple times, multiple days in a row you might consider taking a B12 supplement.

In terms of the experience, it never lasts more than a minute or two at the peak. I inhale straight from my dispenser instead of putting it in a balloon first; it requires steady control of the dispense lever but it’s a lot simpler as I’ve never bothered transferring to a balloon first.

In terms of how to use it, inhale, hold a second or two, exhale. Try and get as much in as short a period as possible. And that’s it, if it doesn’t work, try, try again.

Also it might be mentioned that nitrous isn’t much on its own and is best used in combo, such as at the peak of an LSD trip, or during a cannabis smoking session.

I've not used Nitrous in a decade or more, but I never had an issue using standard 'party' balloons, they fit fairly snug around most dispensers.
Cream is right though about B12, I don't think people take the risks associated with nitrous/ketamine seriously enough.

B12 in specific is depleted by extended use of nitrous. It’s not a biggie if you’re just doing one session but using multiple times, multiple days in a row you might consider taking a B12 supplement.

In terms of the experience, it never lasts more than a minute or two at the peak. I inhale straight from my dispenser instead of putting it in a balloon first; it requires steady control of the dispense lever but it’s a lot simpler as I’ve never bothered transferring to a balloon first.

In terms of how to use it, inhale, hold a second or two, exhale. Try and get as much in as short a period as possible. And that’s it, if it doesn’t work, try, try again.

do you mean you actually put your mouth to the expelling end (with or without the cream dispenser attached)?

When I was a kid, we used to use these handheld crackers. Just attach the balloon and twist until it cracks the canister and expels the gas.
iu

I've been strongly considering purchasing one of those dispensers and playing with nitrous again. It's been years since I had a real N₂O experience outside of ruining a couple cans of whipped cream for a quick head rush 😂

A cheap soda bottle works about as well as anything. No balloons necessary. Just discharge the cart into the bottle and dispense it out. The problem these days is the cheap carts have oil in them from the compressors they use. I rigged a filter on mine and also made a quick loader. The carpal tunnel thing was getting to me screwing that cap on.
Cart%20Loader%20open.JPG

This is what is screwed to the board in the upper left

Oil%20Filter.JPG

Those ICO bottles are cheap enough ($30 at Amazon Prime) but the handle breaks. You can make another one from 5/16 bar stock, a couple bucks at any hardware store by doing a little grinding, bending and drilling. I used a pin made from a small piece of brazing rod to test the fit. It was easier to get out than the factory pin if you needed to grind a little more off. I suppose they make better bottles but with this metal handle they seem to last forever. I am a couple thousand bulbs into this one.
ICO%20repair.jpg
ICO repair.jpg

Crackers or dispenser is the same. Balloon helps ensure you dont waste but high is 1 or 2 mins. That is N2O. Like amyl, its so much better when on another drug first

Also it might be mentioned that nitrous isn’t much on its own and is best used in combo, such as at the peak of an LSD trip, or during a cannabis smoking session.
I would agree. On its own, it's pretty mild. However it can be the rocket booster when judiciously combined with cannabis, mushrooms or lsd.

N20 doesn't deplete B12 in the body... it prevents the body from being able to absorb B12 so daily us with it will not be helped by using a B12 Supplement. Nitrous Oxide literally lasts as long as you can hold it in your lungs because it doesn't actually absorb into the body. I believe if you could hold your breathe forever the effects wouldn't wear off but they call it hippy crack for a reason.

N20 doesn't deplete B12 in the body... it prevents the body from being able to absorb B12 so daily us with it will not be helped by using a B12 Supplement. Nitrous Oxide literally lasts as long as you can hold it in your lungs because it doesn't actually absorb into the body. I believe if you could hold your breathe forever the effects wouldn't wear off but they call it hippy crack for a reason.

so taking B12 supplements is pointless?

Is there any safe(r) way of using N20 without depleting B12?

Be careful. There was a woman who was killed when one of those baking type nitrous dispensers exploded and struck her in the chest.

Be careful. There was a woman who was killed when one of those baking type nitrous dispensers exploded and struck her in the chest.

why did it explode? Did she fill it too full of N20? I find I can fit at least 2 canisters of 8g gas into a standard whipped cream dispenser

the high is good but it only lasts for 30 seconds- a minute so ultimately N20 seems a bit pointless

get a tank of oxygen and fill balloons 50/50 n2o/o2... you can breathe that shit for DAYS and all that happens is you get more and more fucked... no headache either, you can actually go as far as 80/20 nitrous/oxygen and it's the same as room air.