• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Nitrous Oxide) - Experienced - Life Changing Problems

I love to read long novels,.... always have. So this was quite intriguing, and enjoyable for me :) I haven't been on bluelight much lately, but for some reason decided to pop up the site this late night/early morning and have a look at some trip reports, and found this gem.
What a pleasant surprise.

It's one of the best trip reports I've ever read, and I've read alot. I'm really into reading them over the past several years. I've probably read over a thousand idk. This is in my top two now. The other being "Passing the Course" by William on erowid in the inhalants section. It's the first report when you hit show all. That report too, is very, very long and fascinating!

I read one by William White I think his name was also on DXM that was very good. And I've read other great DXM ones also, their's alot of them.....some great mushroom ones also.... there's so many.... sorry to ramble. Just wanted to throw a couple out there for people who love to read, like me.

Regarding this report.....

I've never been much of a nitrous user at all. Only a few times, and then only with the whip cream cans you can buy at the store. I've never looked into how to get the canisters, or even if its legal to get those where I live.

But the couple of times I've tried nitrous with E it's been pretty good. I'm a very paranoid/cautious person to some extents by nature, so I've always gone very, very slow with the can. Like not even taking too much at once, and inhaling air with it at the same time to be extra careful. Once or twice I got a good couple of hits and it was good.

It's hard to get good ecstasy around here lately. All thats around are piperazines, which fortunately for me, I love! Alot of people hate them. But to me they're the best in the world, with a duration of 6-10 or more hours off of one pill, with huge pupil dilation, eye wiggles, warping, tingles all over, music sounds fantastic, lots of introspection and clarity,......to me it's like X, only it's like tripping hard at the same time....

The next time I get some good pills.....MDMA orrrr pipes, i plan to go get some nitrous after reading this to see what happens. I bet it will be great. I'm also the scientific / explorer type when it comes to my drugs, and the pills I've had over the past several years ( in the hundreds ) have made me the happiest person in the world. I've had so many great experiences, I just feel blessed about the way things are in my life right now. I can't wait to try Gas-X :-DDD

I loved reading your report. I'm sorry about the way things turned out for you. Man, I wish you could have just slowed down, or be as lucky as I have to have someone ( my wife ) with you to SLOW you down..... I love my wife so much, and owe her so much. I'm very compulsive at times.... other times I feel I've shown great control. But X is my drug, and I've been OUT of control more than a few times, and I'm just lucky to be here right now, and I'm lucky to not be like you in some way right now. The internet age caught me right when things were getting a little out of control with my life and pulled me back in in some ways. My wife had an "incedent", and I had a couple too that also reigned me in. I have a daughter now also.... so..... yeah. I'm middle aged now, and really slowing down with everything although I still partake in events occassionally and there are still things I want to do.

I truly hope and believe that there may be a way that you can get alot, if not totally "better" TMS. I never believe things are permanents. Our bodies and minds are so powerful.....I wish you all the best. Thank you again for the wonderful story.

Take care, and God bless you.

R2G G2R

I was doing a gig on Vancouver Island, sitting on the beach doing Nitrous all day long in tiny little gasps. The first night I noticed that I had lost the feeling in the tips of my fingers on my right hand. The next day, my left hand. By he time I got home, my hands and feet were numb. Two days later my entire body had no sensation, and I had completely lost my motor control. Then I was in the hospital - and the year that followed never became cemented in memory.

People - Please pay attention - this is not a well known fact. Not a lot of people have screwed up quite as badly as I did - and it's never been made public in a big way.

The effect of Nitrous Oxide is *cumulative*. If you do it too long, it builds up in your bloodstream. Then you do not have enough oxygen in your system - hypoxia sets in, and your brain starts to die. And once you go past a certain point there is *no* coming back - ever. Your life is fucked - forever - till the day you die.

That's quite a story.

Just to look again at this "cumulative" effect from Nitrous. I am presuming you to mean that sucking on Nitrous all day long, without stopping to breathe the air that we survive upon, will lead to a build-up in your system which could lead, in turn, to Hypoxia?

I've taken much nitrous myself, nowhere near as many as you have, but probably 6'000 -10'000 whippets in the last five years and I tend to cane the stuff for days at a time and the feel nauseous at the prospect of even sucking one as a result.

One of the biggest risks highlighted on information sites such as erowid.org or here is the danger of "forgetting" about air. Another is nerve damage caused through Vitamin B deficiency brought about by the nitrous.

This has led to cases of people losing feeling in their extremities, painful pins and needles - and possibly the OP's problem had this a contributory factor, at least.

Breathe and take vitamin B supplements while huffing N20

That's quite a story.

Just to look again at this "cumulative" effect from Nitrous. I am presuming you to mean that sucking on Nitrous all day long, without stopping to breathe the air that we survive upon, will lead to a build-up in your system which could lead, in turn, to Hypoxia?

I've taken much nitrous myself, nowhere near as many as you have, but probably 6'000 -10'000 whippets in the last five years and I tend to cane the stuff for days at a time and the feel nauseous at the prospect of even sucking one as a result.

One of the biggest risks highlighted on information sites such as erowid.org or here is the danger of "forgetting" about air. Another is nerve damage caused through Vitamin B deficiency brought about by the nitrous.

This has led to cases of people losing feeling in their extremities, painful pins and needles - and possibly the OP's problem had this a contributory factor, at least.

Breathe and take vitamin B supplements while huffing N20

Hi - firstly - the nerve damage is cause from hypoxia - and the Vitamin B deficiency is the product of the hypoxia. Vitamin B suppliments do not help to reverse the damage once it has been done (at least this is my understanding after doing a lot of research/reading on it. Taking vitamin supplements while huffing will do nothing - at least that is my understanding. That is to say that a vitamin B deficiency *is* a result, but it can't be treated by attempting to replace the Vitamin B.

All of the above is based on this 'cumulative' effect, and it makes sense when you think about it. Until this happened to me, I did not think there was a danger. The information available warned about freezing the lungs if breathing straight from the tank - and the dangers of fixing a mask to your face, as if you fell unconscious - you would die, if the mask stayed on your face, simply because you were not getting enough air.

The 'cumulative' effect itself is this. Each time you take a hit of nitrous, your blood get slightly saturated (with either Nitrous oxide, or straight notrogen - I can't recall with certainty which, off the top of my head. So even if you huff for a few hours and stop, trace amounts remains in your bloodstream for the next while (I am uncertain of the exact length of time - but I am going to be researching it all over again in the not too distant future, so I will post accurate details when I do).

This trace remnant is *not* dangerous, as long as you take a long enough break between doing nitrous sessions. Once a month you could indulge to your hearts content (you are already familiar with the 'hangover' effect). A few hours under Nitrous is not enough to cause any kind of actual harm to you - and as long as you wait long enough between sessions, it will leave your system completely after a while (again - need to locate the corret numbers for you).

I *used* to think that once a week would probably still be OK - and I know I used it once a week for extensive periods without suffering any lasting negative effects - but given how seriously I was injured, I'd play it safe and limit it to once a month. I can pretty much guarantee 100% that this will not cause irreparable harm - even if you did it like this for years.

The *real danger comes if you are using it every day - and I'm guessing even in relatively low amounts. it is necessary to re-saturate your blood with Oxygen. You should breathe a good bit during hits (I used to hyperventilate, between hits, just to be sure I was restoring the balance).

But it takes more than a day for your blood to clean itself - and if you are doing Nitrous every day, your are without doubt building up a saturation in your blood. This saturation itself is not the priblem, it's that as your blood saturates with the Nitrous/Nitrogen, there are less molecules available to carry oxygen to your brain. As you continue, your blood holds less, and less, oxygen, until your permanent state is one in which you are oxygen deprived. The damage begins slowly - almost imperceptibly - and it takes months of regular abuse to cause any real damage.

But the damage is permanent - some of it anyway - and once you have gone too far there is no turning back. I was a fool. My addiction became so ridiculous - and expensive, that I was taking tiny, tiny hits of Nitrous, and forning myself not to breath air on *purpose* to keep the withdrawal from taking over - so on top of saturating my blood, I was intentionally starving myself of air (I really had lost my grip on rational sanity by this point). It was at the end of this pathetic period of my life, that the damage had accumulated enough to cause me permanent brain damage.

When I tell you that death would have been preferable to the suffering I endured the following years would be an understatement. My 'recovery' was never complete, and never will be. And it is a story unto itself. If you, or anyone else would like to know the details, i would be willing to post them - but it is very, very personal, and quite traumatic to re-live. I'd be willing, if it would serve a helpful purpose.

So there's a quick response. No-one has posted to this thread for a while - but I am more than willing to write more if there is an interest.

Thanks for your thoughts.

TMP

That's very fascinating.

The consensus that's always traveled around Bluelight has always been that nitrous oxide depletes Vitamin B12, and that B12 deficiency is the direct cause of the nerve damage. I've never heard the idea that hypoxia is the cause of both the damage and the B12 deficiency. You might be completely correct. I'm no doctor, though--can anyone else more knowledgeable verify the claim?

Anyway, that was quite a trip report. It should be on Erowid. ;)

al tales of self-damage, of myself and from others, are very disturbing

keep your world safe. i pray for the best

That's very fascinating.

The consensus that's always traveled around Bluelight has always been that nitrous oxide depletes Vitamin B12, and that B12 deficiency is the direct cause of the nerve damage. I've never heard the idea that hypoxia is the cause of both the damage and the B12 deficiency. You might be completely correct. I'm no doctor, though--can anyone else more knowledgeable verify the claim?

Anyway, that was quite a trip report. It should be on Erowid. ;)

Hi - I would not stand behind the observations that I expressed with absolute certainty - so don't automatically throw away what you have heard in here based on my writings - I cold be wrong (ha ha ha ha - did I really say that??? )

Just kidding :))

But here is something. My 'Syndrome' (which is the most accurate word) has become quite a lot worse over the last 3 odd years - slowly - almost imperceptibly - but very definitely. The thing is that I have phases and stages. When I am in remission, things can be fairly good, for weeks - sometimes even months. There are things that trigger an 'episode'. The episodes themselves I have divided into 3 stages - and each stage, while maybe of a different duration or quality, still play by some fairly predicatable rules.

But recently this has changed - and those who may still be looking into this thread from time to time may find this interesting. The change has manifested itself partly in intensity of the symptoms, and also the locations (or perhaps the extent of the spread of the locations). But there have been some new developments that affect me in a very different way, in parts of my body that have not suffered before, and leaving more noticeable physical manifestations of the symptoms. Being that the damage is not detectable by X-Ray or MRI - it has been very difficult - or even impossible - to communicate any of it to a doctor. The more overt manifestation of the symptoms may help a bit - at least in being able to describe things as they might be at any given time.

But the increase of the symptoms - which have increased in intensity, location *and* occurrence, have all correlated directly to the type and extent of the physical therapy that I have developed and practice. I have been attempting to find more effective physical therapy - as I believe fairly firmly that the key to finding an effective and longer lasting therapy is to get my body into the best (specifically flexible) shape that it can be in. To that end I do a lot of stuff like twirling Bo Sticks (like fire-sticks without the fire). It was after learning this amazing art that I suffered my first *major* relapse in years. It was as though by doing certain moves that were not part of my normal regimen of motion, I had opened up a whole not channed - a sub-network of nerves, which spread from the specific vertibra that was being motivated - out through the nervous network belonging to it. My first relapse lasted 9 months.

I then severely injured my knee about a year ago (and am going for surgery in about a month), and my inability to do Yoga or *anything* physical, had the expected effect of seizing up my spine, seriously limiting my mobility. Once I began to regain my ability to flex again, I was hit fast and furious with new symptoms - all of which followed the 'three stage' quality of all 'episodes' triggered by specific events.

I do not know whether this is connected directly to the things I was doing with my therapy - or whether this is a product of aging (I am now 48 - it seemed to start getting worse around the 45 mark).

Anyway - to wrap this up - my point was that seeing as my condition is getting worse - and no-one has any answers for me (I do not even have a doctor who does anything beyond prescribe pain meds - and even then does so with concern) - so I am about to embark on this quest again - from the top.

I need to know more specifically what is wrong with me - to track down the relatively few others who have done to themselves what I have done - to examine the longer term effects of this syndrome - to discover whether there have been any breakthroughs in the field of neuroscience that might help me find something - anything - that would improve my condiotion beyond what I am already doing.

It is going to take time - but I hope to find the answers - like my uncertainty over the B12 issue. And when I do undertake this task with vigor, I will most certainly post and share all of my findings with all BlueLighters. I would love it if my own misfortune could in the end lead to the discovery of information that might actually help others who have done to themselves what I did to me - or even if the findings share common ground with other misunderstood syndromes - and which could be extrapolated to have a broader meaning.

I will post any information that comes up through my searches. Thanks for your response and feedback.

tmp

Wow, really interesting story, thanks for posting. That's interesting that neuropathic pain can develop from nitrous over-use.. could lead to some clues as to how nitrous actually works as it doesn't seem to be fully understood yet.

It's so weird how it makes you think you understand the universe, then you forget it, and that this experience is replicated in different people. I hate that 'what was that all about' feeling.

damn bro great story, really sad. I just tried nitrous at a rave for the first time while on 600 mgs of gooood moonrock molly, and acid. It was fucking INCREDABLE. def the best i've ever felt, and the techno beats were pulsing crazy and the lights were intense. Fuck yea for nitrous, acid and mdma all at once. =)!
but im really sorry about your condition man, i wish the best for you.
Also, isnt pharm grade nitrous from the tanks better for you than the compressed shit?

themerryprankster... you have no idea... you describe the type of sessions me and my mates have with such accuracy. There is no better high for some of us than the acid and nangs combo. Me myself, i dont get carried away and i've never tried acid. But some of my mates really need to read this. I recall one of them complaining about a numbness in the fingers sometimes. It really had made me sit up in alarm. I'm a second away from waking them the fuck up so they can have a read too!

I thank you so very much for taking the time out to share this here. It might very well save the life (or atleast the pain) of someone that i love. I'm so sorry you have to suffer to learn this lesson..

im posting on this so later I can read the whole thing. Cuz im drunk right now... so I probably won't remember what I read lol

ok so I actually read the whole thing today and I'm sober now... So anyways, First thanks for this long report. I know that must've been a lot of typing.

I've always been intrigued by a trip report I read on erowid about nitrous. It was called... "Nitrous Oxide Revelations of God and Eternity" It has to be one of my favorites, if not the best one. And I've read soo many stories too. Probably in the upper 300's... idk, I've read a lot. It just really showed how much nitrous can do for you, and that nitrous can be something amazing. Ever since then I've just wanted to experience it a lot. But right now, I just haven't been having any money coming in. So yeah... I'm stuck. But sometime soon I'll try it out.

thanks again

wow dude, sorry to hear that you are in the immense pain every single day.

I know i will be you in 10-15yrs time or maybe shorter. From the first time i've done nos, I KNEW this was my drug of choice. The first six months since i did my first nos i did maybe 20-30 boxes of nos weekly, started to feel really fatigue and tired all the time, did some research and started taking b12 tablets. Then a friend of mine broke my nos dispenser when i lend it to him (THANK GOD FOR THIS) i promise my self i would not buy another dispenser as i know how addictive it was. Once u have the tools to do the drug u would end up doing more of the drug because u have the tools to do it. Just like a cracky with a crack pipe!
last 18months of so i've been just doing nos on weekends or so at a mates place, sometimes once a month sometime once every 2-weeks, but sometimes every weekend for a fair few weekends. Then when i realise i'm back into the habbit i would stop maybe for a month or a bit more then get back into it.
NOS is my heroin, it will always be.

I have not noticed any physically damge cause by my nos abuse just yet. But after reading your post I know my time will come, hopefully later then earlier. In a sitting i easily chew through 10boxes of nos or more. Used to buy big boxes which contains 36boxes at a time cuz it was cheaper to buy in bulk, but these days i just buy less although it costs more but it will mean i won't do as much. The last time i bought a 36boxer i ended up doing about 10boxes on the bus ride home, heavily nossed out on the bus.

Recently everytime i do nos when i close my eyes I go back to this magical NOSLAND as i call it where people and creatures are sorta like a WarCraft one looking things, even the landscape looks like it. And with each nos in, I can go back to the same experience just like u discribed, as soon as this started happening I knew this is probably gonna be the begginning of the end. As i can see my self getting more and more addicted to nos as I want to explore more and more of this magically land. Haven't been back to this land the last 2-3weeks when I do nos, (THANK GOD) hopefully it will not return. And i'm gonna see if i can try have a month break off nos again.

Thanks dude again for this nice nice nice read !

take care and be strong!

NOS is my heroin, it will always be.

If you believe the OP and you see the destruction it brought and see yourself going in the same direction, why won't you fight against it? Sounds like you're going to let it happen. What is the addiction like for you? Why do you feel you must continue down this path?

i don't do it everyday no more like i used to when i first started doing nos. like i said, i am just doing it on weekends now, sometimes every weekend sometimes every 2-3weekends or so and sometimes with a month break.

I won't buy another nos dispensor and tahts my way of stopping my self from going back to the routine of doing nos every single day.

I don't know how to explain the addiction, i just like it, absolutely love the feeling, the short acid lilke trips i get etc.

I read The Dream Master by Roger Zelazny while "hanging out" suicidally in detox this last week... very good except the ending - pfft, why does Roger always fuck things up somehow? But he's still good. No Philip Dick, but as good as "the other" 60s sci-fi boys and girls.

nerve damage is cause from hypoxia - and the Vitamin B deficiency is the product of the hypoxia.

N2O inactivates vitamin B12, the depletion of which is directly responsible for the nerve damage. B12 supplements may be a good preventative measure, but I think at some frequency of usage, they could still be insufficient, unless you were taking B12 injections (GI absorption is poor). And depending on the degree of nerve damage, it may or may not be entirely reversible with B12 supplementation.

Fascinating report though. Thanks for sharing.

N2O inactivates vitamin B12, the depletion of which is directly responsible for the nerve damage. B12 supplements may be a good preventative measure, but I think at some frequency of usage, they could still be insufficient, unless you were taking B12 injections (GI absorption is poor). And depending on the degree of nerve damage, it may or may not be entirely reversible with B12 supplementation.

Fascinating report though. Thanks for sharing.

Hi - thanks for the thought - unfortunately the B12 doesn't do anything to prevent or cure the damage. I found this out when I did the original research that confirmed what had caused the damage - two years after the event. If *only* there had been the Internet *before* I screwed it up. It seems that while B12 is a massive factor in the Demyelination, administering B12 - does not work to replace or correct the damage. I need to get back on the research - I let it slide for many years - but the thoughts that some have shared here has got me curious again. I'm also finding a lot of references to MS - and I'm wondering if the pain I experience could be MS. And if so - then this could provide a lot of valuable research as to the causes of MS.

Thanks for the thoughts

tmp

[EDIT: Ack, should have read the thread till the end. It looks like Dondante beat me to address this issue. Still, I am quite convinced that B12 supplementation would have helped reduce the damage. ]

Thanks a lot for the report (I have read all of it), and I am very sorry to hear about your pain.

I would, however, like to comment on your understanding of the damage that you've incurred:

Hi - firstly - the nerve damage is cause from hypoxia - and the Vitamin B deficiency is the product of the hypoxia. Vitamin B suppliments do not help to reverse the damage once it has been done (at least this is my understanding after doing a lot of research/reading on it. Taking vitamin supplements while huffing will do nothing - at least that is my understanding. That is to say that a vitamin B deficiency *is* a result, but it can't be treated by attempting to replace the Vitamin B.

All of the above is based on this 'cumulative' effect, and it makes sense when you think about it. Until this happened to me, I did not think there was a danger. The information available warned about freezing the lungs if breathing straight from the tank - and the dangers of fixing a mask to your face, as if you fell unconscious - you would die, if the mask stayed on your face, simply because you were not getting enough air.

The 'cumulative' effect itself is this. Each time you take a hit of nitrous, your blood get slightly saturated (with either Nitrous oxide, or straight notrogen - I can't recall with certainty which, off the top of my head. So even if you huff for a few hours and stop, trace amounts remains in your bloodstream for the next while (I am uncertain of the exact length of time - but I am going to be researching it all over again in the not too distant future, so I will post accurate details when I do).

This trace remnant is *not* dangerous, as long as you take a long enough break between doing nitrous sessions. Once a month you could indulge to your hearts content (you are already familiar with the 'hangover' effect). A few hours under Nitrous is not enough to cause any kind of actual harm to you - and as long as you wait long enough between sessions, it will leave your system completely after a while (again - need to locate the corret numbers for you).

I *used* to think that once a week would probably still be OK - and I know I used it once a week for extensive periods without suffering any lasting negative effects - but given how seriously I was injured, I'd play it safe and limit it to once a month. I can pretty much guarantee 100% that this will not cause irreparable harm - even if you did it like this for years.

The *real danger comes if you are using it every day - and I'm guessing even in relatively low amounts. it is necessary to re-saturate your blood with Oxygen. You should breathe a good bit during hits (I used to hyperventilate, between hits, just to be sure I was restoring the balance).

But it takes more than a day for your blood to clean itself - and if you are doing Nitrous every day, your are without doubt building up a saturation in your blood. This saturation itself is not the priblem, it's that as your blood saturates with the Nitrous/Nitrogen, there are less molecules available to carry oxygen to your brain. As you continue, your blood holds less, and less, oxygen, until your permanent state is one in which you are oxygen deprived. The damage begins slowly - almost imperceptibly - and it takes months of regular abuse to cause any real damage.

But the damage is permanent - some of it anyway - and once you have gone too far there is no turning back. I was a fool. My addiction became so ridiculous - and expensive, that I was taking tiny, tiny hits of Nitrous, and forning myself not to breath air on *purpose* to keep the withdrawal from taking over - so on top of saturating my blood, I was intentionally starving myself of air (I really had lost my grip on rational sanity by this point). It was at the end of this pathetic period of my life, that the damage had accumulated enough to cause me permanent brain damage.

When I tell you that death would have been preferable to the suffering I endured the following years would be an understatement. My 'recovery' was never complete, and never will be. And it is a story unto itself. If you, or anyone else would like to know the details, i would be willing to post them - but it is very, very personal, and quite traumatic to re-live. I'd be willing, if it would serve a helpful purpose.

So there's a quick response. No-one has posted to this thread for a while - but I am more than willing to write more if there is an interest.

Thanks for your thoughts.

TMP

While you are right that taking B12 after the fact is useless, it seems to me that you may have be a bit confused about the interaction between Nitrous, B12, and Hypoxia.

Supplementation with B12 while taking Nitrous chronically is essential because Nitrous Oxide actually destroys Cyanobalamine through oxidation. Prolonged exposure will basically lead to a type of Anemia

And while the article is not about N2O-induced Anemia, the condition is pretty similar. There is even mention of N2O:

Many drugs impair Cbl uptake in the ileum but rarely are a cause of symptomatic vitamin B-12 deficiency because they are not taken long enough to deplete body stores of Cbl (eg, nitrous oxide, cholestyramine, para -aminosalicylic acid, neomycin, metformin, phenformin, colchicine).

Note that the only reason said drugs are quoted as not being significantly risky is because they are taken for a short time - and the opposite of this is exactly the case with Nitrous-binging.

I am honestly not quite sure about it being cumulative in the blood and replacing oxygen being the direct reason you had problems, as it seems you are understanding it. While this may be true, again it is has not much to do with your blood being saturated with one gas instead of another, but more with the fact that chronic-exposure to N2O and lack of supplementation of B12 will lead to Anemia, which in turn will of course lead to hypoxia. The symptoms you describe with the numbness seem to me as classic symptoms of Pernicious Anemia.

Hope this helps! (and please feel free to correct me if I went wrong anywhere)

Last edited:

While you are right that taking B12 after the fact is useless, it seems to me that you may have be a bit confused about the interaction between Nitrous, B12, and Hypoxia.

Supplementation with B12 while taking Nitrous chronically is essential because Nitrous Oxide actually destroys Cyanobalamine through oxidation. Prolonged exposure will basically lead to a type of Anemia

And while the article is not about N2O-induced Anemia, the condition is pretty similar. There is even mention of N2O:

I Stand corrected - thank you. And you're right - my opinions are a lay-person's and the information i was misquoting, I read a long time ago. That was enlightening about the B12.

A little more information though - if the destruction of B12 led to anemia and the anemia led to hypoxia, then the hypoxia led to the Demyelination of a large section of nerves in my neck (after which I lost all tactile sensation -my entire body went numb, loss of motor control (couldn't hold things, play a musicalinstrument (for 3 months) - electric shocks every time I bent my neck which were so powerful that they paralyzed me for about 5 seconds each time, and finally, when my tactile sense returned, the Demyelination seemed to have short-circuited my system - and I felt pain everywhere that I should have just felt existence. Neuropathic pain - so nothing to be done aboutit. While the pain feels like there is something seriously wrong with me - I have come to understand that it is just pain - there is no actual danger.

The last two years things have got quite a lot worse. I have been compensating by pushing my physical condition to the extreme - incredibly fit- incredibly active - incredibly strong - and muscular - Yoga, Tai-Chi, dance, - the theory being that if I am 500%fit and flexible, I willkeep my mobility. But I pushed too hard at one point. Just *one* day, and the house of cards came crumbling down. I'm now suffering severe spinal pain.

But I digress...

"...hat chronic-exposure to N2O and lack of supplementation of B12 will lead to Anemia, which in turn will of course lead to hypoxia. The symptoms you describe with the numbness seem to me as classic symptoms of Pernicious Anemia.

Hope this helps! (and please feel free to correct me if I went wrong anywhere)
"

Thanks for your thoughts. I need to get back into research mode. I am wondering whether I may have developed MS. It's time to start doing my homework again.

[/color][/QUOTE]