• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nitrous as antidepressant, anybody tried?

Indeed I've thought about the possibility of nitrous to have antidepressant activity regarding the recent research about ketamine etc - for a subgroup of people it could actually work, because these NMDA receptors are quite complicated and it's not just all about duration and down/up-regulation ...

it's really just a bad idea. take it from me, I was heavily addicted to nitrous for a long time. it will destroy your life and make you completely lose your fucking mind if you start going hard with nitrous, and contrary to what most people believe, it is highly addictive and it took me years to get off it. wasted a fortune of my money on it, lost years of my life to the addiction, destroyed my relationship with my family, almost ended up in a mental institute, took years to function normally afterwards, still have major problems (brain damage?) from my heavy use, ended up basically homeless, almost cost me my life... seriously... just don't do it. unless you are a dedicated psychonaught who is willing to push your mind to the brink of insanity in order to find the answers to life's mysteries, you are making a big mistake. the only people who have any business doing nitrous long term are people willing to sacrifice everything else in their life in order to better understand the nature of life and death. it's some serious "dark shaman" type shit at that point, and unless you already have a black-belt in narcotics consumption, you should stay the fuck away from that lifestyle.