• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Nightly Adderall usage, am I using too many things for my comedown?!

DylanS4C216

Greenlighter
New here, as a meme bet anyways but I’ve used this forum countless times over the years to get info on whatever I needed at the time. I’ll try t just get straight to the point and not make it very long, I’ve been on Benzos off and on for years, I’m also a recovering Heroin addict and am on 8mg Suboxone daily. Anyways, recently my Doctor thought maybe I have such bad panic disorder and attacks is because I had ADHD underlying, but I tried Ritalin when I was younger and it just tweaked me out so I truly don’t think I do, just have a lot of panic and anxiety problems. Anyways, he decided he wanted to try me on Adderall, and I was not into it. Always hated uppers, but he said to try it and see, but he gave me a script of 90 10mg IR tablets so I have tons. Anyways, I tried it once, Hated it when taken orally so I snorted a little, then a couple days later snorted a little more, you get the picture. For the past 3-4 days I’ve been snorting between 50-65mg of IR Addys a night, haven’t been using any during the day at all just around 10pm or so. But I don’t get all tweaked, I get talkative and sweaty palms, focused I guess? It’s really nothing great and the after effects are not worth it, but my addict brain convinced me to do one more time. But my main question is my “comedown” cure, because I can honesty snort 60mg IR at 10-11pm at night and fall asleep by like 3 or 4am. It’s never kept me up for a long time, and I’ve always gotten full sleep before I do it the next night but I am on a lot of other meds as well which I think kills my crash or comedown and calms me and makes me sleep. After about 1am or so a couple hours after the Adderall I’m feeling kinda shitty so I start with taking 2-3mg of Clonazepam, usually sublingually (everything is prescribed, crazy I know) and then after about an hour after the Klonopin is fully kicked in and I’m pretty relaxed and non “stimulated” nearly like I was, I take 8-12mg of Tizanidine which is a muscle relaxer, and about 50mg of Hydroxyzine. Oh I also take my 8mg of Suboxone sublingually after my Klonopin and before the muscle relaxer, so I take all of that stuff after the Adderall and haven’t had any weird effects from it besides my sleep schedule being all fucked up but Seroquel will fix that soon. Just any thoughts, seem safe? I’m very experienced and tolerant to both benzos & opiates, I’m on Suboxone from a nasty 5 year Heroin addiction. I’m just also scaring myself, I’ve been doing great, have a baby on the way & for some reason I can’t explain, I’ve still been snorting a bunch of Adderall every night. I’m stopping though, flushing my other half of the script down the toilet so no temptation. It’s really not even that great, I think my addict brain just always craves something and was like “oh this is fun keep doing this” plus ROA of insufflating is addictive in itself. But I don’t wanna get hooked or dependent on Amphetamines, sounds horrible with everything I already go through. Any thoughts about all the things I take for the comedown/as my nighttime meds? And advice or opinions on the Adderall thing? I know snorting is mostly wasteful especially snorting six 10mg IR tablets that probably have 300mg of binder and filler in each one, but it’s what my body likes. I don’t wanna keep doing it thought and I’ve only been doing it off and on for 2 weeks since I got the script but I can see it getting worse and worse. I’m already at 60ish MG nightly snorted after only a couple weeks.

Sorry I know that was long but any advice or opinions on either things I asked about would be appreciated!

Hey Dylan! Like I tell everyone, I'm going to be completely blunt here for both of our sake's. [(Lisdex)(Meth)(Dextro)]amphetamine (Adderall; Vyvanse) is a very potent central nervous system stimulant. It is, in my opinion, a drug that most any human being could easily become addicted to. I have used Amphetamines many times in my life, mostly in High School and College to complete work, but also recreationally. Psychological addiction occurred rapidly and in a similar fashion to Opiates, which are my drug of choice. Amphetamines can make even the most mundane activities become interesting. After years of using Amphetamines to complete research products and similar stuff, I found that when I sat at my computer and tried to start, there would be a wall in my thought process. My mind was not willing to do anything I considered tedious without the speed. It took a long time to truly get over this.

My personal opinion is that you are being over-prescribed by your prescriber. I'm actually a little bit surprised that said person is so willing to prescribe all this stuff in concert in this current medico-political climate. Buprenorphine has some interesting pharmacokinetics that we love to discuss here, but for our purposes here, it is a powerful Opioid drug. When Benzodiazepines are combined with Opioids/Alcohol or any other CNS depressant, the risk of death from airway-related overdose increases substantially. A guy who hung out at the dope house I used to frequent in Lowell who I got along with famously overdosed and died from a 0.2mg injection of Heroin having taken 2mg Clonazepam 8 hours earlier to relieve his withdrawal symptoms. He did not appear intoxicated in any way prior to the shot. He injected and before he took the tie off he fell like a lead weight and smashed his eye socket on the door knob. I would call this not typical, but it's important anecdotal evidence.

The psychological addiction is going to get worse and worse faster than you even think it could. As a general rule, poly-substance usage tends to produce more severe psychological dependence upon psychoactive substances in general. Regarding your question about the comedown phase, it's not surprising that you can sleep after the Amphetamines. You are taking a lot of different sedative drugs which will eliminate a large part of the lingering negative symptoms that one experiences following Amphetamine use. If you were not taking the depressants, you typically would experience 4-6 hours of "positive" stimulation followed by a few hours of "negative" stimulation.

I really think you and I should try to come up with a plan for getting rid of some of this dependence. If you'd like help, please don't hesitate to post here or send me a message. I believe that you could die as a result of concurrent de-stimulation of the CNS and depression of the same system. It's not nearly as dangerous, but the "Speedball" or Opioid/Cocaine is one of the most dangerous and well-known Grim Reapers of the addict community. I am honestly a little bit worried and I think your prescriber is being irresponsible with your care. This is really none of my business, but is all of this coming from the same guy; is he aware?

The clonazepam is certainly bringing you down, however and i do use alot of adderall 100s of mgs during my sessions and i can definately tell you your fashion of using it for just a few hours then taking kpins, from what you say 'feeling shitty' sounds like edgy to me from a high dose of addy, youre taking the edge off with clonazepam which its great for... but as kief says this routine you have has a good tendency to become regular and believe me when i say this.. youll be upping and doubling your addy doses before you know it.... while i dont agree with kiefs comments on your docs care, i do think you should probably tell him that after awhile of being on addy you get a shit feeling in my experience this is the edgyness it always causes me especialy if i use in this fashion that you then take clonazepam and see what he says about it, but im sure youre using double your prescribed dose and are given 1 10mg per 4hrs a day as needed and 3/day so yeah..
If you keep this up, youll be running out of your script extremely fast.

The clonazepam is certainly bringing you down, however and i do use alot of adderall 100s of mgs during my sessions and i can definately tell you your fashion of using it for just a few hours then taking kpins, from what you say 'feeling shitty' sounds like edgy to me from a high dose of addy, youre taking the edge off with clonazepam which its great for... but as kief says this routine you have has a good tendency to become regular and believe me when i say this.. youll be upping and doubling your addy doses before you know it.... while i dont agree with kiefs comments on your docs care, i do think you should probably tell him that after awhile of being on addy you get a shit feeling in my experience this is the edgyness it always causes me especialy if i use in this fashion that you then take clonazepam and see what he says about it, but im sure youre using double your prescribed dose and are given 1 10mg per 4hrs a day as needed and 3/day so yeah..
If you keep this up, youll be running out of your script extremely fast.
Yeah I know, I don’t mind my script running out like I said I’m throwing away the rest of what I have anyway because I really don’t wanna way dependent or addicted to stimulants, it’s just the last week or a little less it’s just been like a fuck it why not kinda thing and the snorting all the Adderall isn’t doing much even when I get the peak from it, I assume because I’m snorting say 50mg of actual Adderall and like 1500 mg of binders and fillers so I don’t even get a lot of the actual drug and it wears off way faster when snorted rather than taken orally from what I’ve gathered. But pretty much yes, I actually just flushed the rest of my Adderall down the toilet but of course I made sure to snort 40mg of it before I did that so now I feel the Addys but nothing really at all. Barely feel stimulated because of the kpins from earlier today when I took 1.5mg for an anxiety attack but my palms just get sweaty, faster heartbeat and a little “focused” and then in a couple hours I’m just gonna take my Suboxone, a Klonopin and the muscle relaxers and it pretty much makes it feel like I never did any Adderall I’m the first place, so I’m basically just playing with Fire with my CNS system and it’s pointless. Any advice on if I’m gonna have any “crappy” days for the next couple days at all? Like from not taking any Adderall? I’ve only been doing this 50mg snorting nightly thing for maybe a week or even a little less than that so I’m hoping I’ll just go on as normal and it’ll be a lesson learned that I have to be careful with my addictive self. Just wondering if I’m gonna be getting any like after effects or withdrawal type effects from stopping the Adderall, I.E.. depression or irritability or whatever else, etc. I take my Klonopin daily so I’m sure if I do get any negative effects from stopping these little Adderall binges that’ll take care of it. I also have eaten plenty, good meals every day through out this and stayed very hydrated plus taken Magnesium supplements and multivitamins etc.. any thoughts? Sorry I know I’m kinda rambling but it’s hard for me to put into words exactly what I’m trying to say right after snorting 50mg of Adderall lol. But the rest are down the toilet so that’s it for me. Any advice or opinions would be appreciated for the next couple of days of what I’ll feel like, or if it won’t really be a big deal since it was such a short little binge thing and I’ve stayed healthy through it and gotten plenty of sleep, good, etc.. thanks

Yeah I know, I don’t mind my script running out like I said I’m throwing away the rest of what I have anyway because I really don’t wanna way dependent or addicted to stimulants, it’s just the last week or a little less it’s just been like a fuck it why not kinda thing and the snorting all the Adderall isn’t doing much even when I get the peak from it, I assume because I’m snorting say 50mg of actual Adderall and like 1500 mg of binders and fillers so I don’t even get a lot of the actual drug and it wears off way faster when snorted rather than taken orally from what I’ve gathered. But pretty much yes, I actually just flushed the rest of my Adderall down the toilet but of course I made sure to snort 40mg of it before I did that so now I feel the Addys but nothing really at all. Barely feel stimulated because of the kpins from earlier today when I took 1.5mg for an anxiety attack but my palms just get sweaty, faster heartbeat and a little “focused” and then in a couple hours I’m just gonna take my Suboxone, a Klonopin and the muscle relaxers and it pretty much makes it feel like I never did any Adderall I’m the first place, so I’m basically just playing with Fire with my CNS system and it’s pointless. Any advice on if I’m gonna have any “crappy” days for the next couple days at all? Like from not taking any Adderall? I’ve only been doing this 50mg snorting nightly thing for maybe a week or even a little less than that so I’m hoping I’ll just go on as normal and it’ll be a lesson learned that I have to be careful with my addictive self. Just wondering if I’m gonna be getting any like after effects or withdrawal type effects from stopping the Adderall, I.E.. depression or irritability or whatever else, etc. I take my Klonopin daily so I’m sure if I do get any negative effects from stopping these little Adderall binges that’ll take care of it. I also have eaten plenty, good meals every day through out this and stayed very hydrated plus taken Magnesium supplements and multivitamins etc.. any thoughts? Sorry I know I’m kinda rambling but it’s hard for me to put into words exactly what I’m trying to say right after snorting 50mg of Adderall lol. But the rest are down the toilet so that’s it for me. Any advice or opinions would be appreciated for the next couple of days of what I’ll feel like, or if it won’t really be a big deal since it was such a short little binge thing and I’ve stayed healthy through it and gotten plenty of sleep, good, etc.. thanks
well if you've successfully used them only at night and havent had issues during the day, the only symptoms ive experienced were EXTREME fatigue, and i mean so much so that i didn't wana get out of bed to even take a piss, but i am/was using much higher doses aswell. you should be good, and if you do get tired, itll only last a day or two

I don’t get why people snort adderall eating them lasts longer

I don’t get why people snort adderall eating them lasts longer
Did you fucking sub some yet? Im waiting to read how youll never swallow a whole addy again lasts as long as swallowing + hits as hard as snorting em'

Keep swallowin em' and the boogyzonxx 'll getcha

No I haven’t yet I’ll try it now so what crush up the beads and put it under your toung?

Or can I put the beads under my tounge without crushing them up

Have to be crushed or theyll either get stuck or take forever to dissolve, i crush em in a mortar and pestle but if youre gonna go ghetto crush mode just make sure its as fine as you can get it, mines powder when i finish crushing them, basically fine powder

Then like so, place nicely under tongue, let dissolve and after 5min or when you feel its mostly done just swallow whats taking forever i also lick my finger b4 placing in powder so it sticks

Again, try a smaller dose at first.

Attachments

• 1567024161313-1321511450.jpg
    1567024161313-1321511450.jpg
    691.9 KB · Views: 2
Ghetto way as in on a table with a credit card and the but end of a knife lmao

Ghetto way as in on a table with a credit card and the but end of a knife lmao
LOL ye ive well surpassed those days when i used to crush my morphine w a spoon, watchout the beads dont fly away, try n do it on a plate w a rim

who mentioned snorting? not to be offensive but i'm pretty certain snorting of addy wasn't mentioned once

i peronally mentioned subbing which is the only way i take addy, dunno bout anyone else i'm too deep into opi wd to read everything rn

OP mentioned snorting their Adderall:

Hated it when taken orally so I snorted a little, then a couple days later snorted a little more, you get the picture. For the past 3-4 days I’ve been snorting between 50-65mg of IR Addys a night

Anyway I am confused by what OP is trying to do. He is taking large doses of amphetamine in the middle of the night then overdoing it on the downers to make sure he sleeps? Why? Why not just take Adderall during the day, enjoy being productive, then if needed do a much smaller amount of downers to help you sleep? I find a single Ambien 10mg is plenty to get me snoozing even when I am still buzzing off amphetamine.

And as others have already warned, mixing benzos and opiates is very dangerous and should definitely not be routine.

OP, the nugget want to give echoes what Wilson was saying so deftly; you should have on your radar the fact that you are using less stimulants and that the combination of central nervous depressants could potentially be fatal. I don't want you to feel like you're fighting some monster that requires everything in your arsenal to defeat. You have several drugs at your disposal that should mitigate the worst of the stimulant withdrawal (Depression, anxiety, paranoia etc.). Don't use more than you need and don't be afraid to dose a small amount of depressants and wait an hour to see if you need more.

In a psychological sense, I really think OP is gonna be able to beat this, but I do worry and want others in similar situations to as well, about the combination of depressants that is in play here. At the very least you could end up in blackout or behaving wildly. A lot of folks laugh about blackout, as weird shit always takes place it seems, but in a blackout there is nothing stopping someone from getting in the car to go get Burger King while they are utterly jammed.