• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Nicotine - vaping and quitting

Alpha GPC made you cigarette averse? That's pretty interesting, I would guess there would be some interaction since the nicotonic receptors are literally acetylcholine receptors, so I guess any choline-precursor would potentially have some interaction. Actually that reminds me I've been taking choline bitartrate occasionally recently for potential nootropic or general cognitive health benefits, I got it thinking I'd also get a racetam like piracetam or something but then just didn't... however IME choline-boosting supplements have their own nootropic effects sometimes, with bitartrate probably being the weakest... but my experience recently trying to quit a mild vaping habit, mild beer habit, mild coffee habit (lol, too much at once, gave up on the other 2 for now) I think choline bitartrate could have even had a negative effect if anything.

I don't even like Alpha GPC on it's own either, but I know some other people do, so I guess too much choline on it's own can have a negative impact for some people, with everyone's brain being wired slightly differently as far as how they respond to different variations... From my memory citicholine / CDP choline was the one I preferred, which is kind of midway between Alpha GPC and choline bitartrate as far as potency, IIRC. Nicotine is another acetylcholinergic spanner in the works I guess.

@emkee_reinvented - yeah possibly I don't need to be taking even 3 or 4 but could make do with 1 or 2, is possible I'm still just stoking my drugs itch in a kinda mild way.

One thing I am vaguely wondering about is whether I can still smoke tobacco in joints every now and then without inconveniencing myself too much as far as having to go through nicotine withdrawal again... I do also like smoking good old fashioned tobacco/weed combustions... The health issue does concern me a little, but I've tried smoking without tobacco and eh, it's just not the same, I've smoked weed with tobacco almost as long as I can remember, I think I'm too conditioned to expect that slightly messy, hard hitting synergy that is just absent from other methods... I even brought a dry herb vaporizer recently but ended up just selling it to my friend because I used it literally one time... I appreciate the technology, the healthiness, and such, but inhaling slightly too smooth vapor from a metal box is just not the same as the experience of a pungent, fat and smoky tobacco/weed spliff... :sneaky:

Then again before vapes even really existed I hardly ever had an issue with weed/tobacco mixes leading to me craving actual cigarettes so, maybe it'll be alright, we'll see.

I'm taking a kind of very long game to quitting nicotine. I successfully switched from cigarettes to vaping about 7 months ago. I use nicotine gum while at work, with the plan to switch fully to that here in a month or so, 4mg gum. Stabilize on that, then drop to 2mg gum, then unmedicated gum. The idea is to first remove the overwhelming negative effects of smoking, then remove the hand-to-mouth/breathing fixation by switching from vaping to gum, then tackle the actual nicotine dependency itself...
I'm doing almost the same thing, as I describe in my thread Quitting Cigarettes.
I'm coming off a 50-year 30+ cigs per day habit. Like you, I've kicked several other addictions but tobacco always got the best of me-- probably because it was my first addiction and started when I was just a kid.

I'm currently about 4 weeks cig-free. I alternate between vape, nic gum, and Grizzly pouches (moist tobacco). Frankly it's been easier than I thought it would be-- the hardest part was stubbing out that last cigarette and saying "I'm done." Getting off nicotine entirely will be a bigger challenge. I'm not in a hurry.

Best wishes to anyone on this journey.
♥ ♥ ♥

as far as having to go through nicotine withdrawal again... I do also like smoking good old fashioned tobacco/weed combustions.
Never had any WD from Tobacco, nor Weed. But lack of weed does cause some serious unease.

Its more the kick Tobaccco provides, within second's, at the end of my session.The Weed provides the therapeutic effect's. Kick's in at about 10/ 20 minutes. So on average as the Weed kick's in I hit the Nicotin.

I'm just posting in here to say that patches helped me quit nicotine 100%. 4 years without it here.

They are so goddamn annoying and ineffective and itchy, that if you can stick to buying ONLY patches, you will eventually get annoyed with them.

Now I associate nicotine with all the annoyances of patches. I relapsed repeatedly, and would get back on the patches, and then quit, then relapse, and so it goes.

Now it's like, "Why would I start nicotine again? I'm going to want to quit. And when I want to quit, I'll have to deal with patches again. No thanks!"

I am so thankful for nicotine patches, but FUCK nicotine patches

If nicotine (ciggs,vape,gum, ext.) is not around like in prison it's easy to quit. But even after years in the bing once you get out and smell it, the craving comes back. This shows me the brain remembers the pleasure part of nicotine. Inside you can get tobacco but the cost of it is too much. It used to be $5 per cigg and than you need to light it,smoke it & blow baby powder around the cell to mask the smell. And unless your in the federal joint smoking is banned so you will get a ticket n go to seg. Weird how the brain works in different situations like prison...
that's EXACTLY what I mean I was "away" for a while and has NO DESIRE to smoke a cig. AT ALL! once, I hit the streets forget about it...... temptation around every corner

I'm just posting in here to say that patches helped me quit nicotine 100%. 4 years without it here.

They are so goddamn annoying and ineffective and itchy, that if you can stick to buying ONLY patches, you will eventually get annoyed with them.

Now I associate nicotine with all the annoyances of patches. I relapsed repeatedly, and would get back on the patches, and then quit, then relapse, and so it goes.

Now it's like, "Why would I start nicotine again? I'm going to want to quit. And when I want to quit, I'll have to deal with patches again. No thanks!"

I am so thankful for nicotine patches, but FUCK nicotine patches
Yup for me imo FAWK em! but hey they do help! but the gum is 100% more helpful.

It was really effective. The first tablet even felt a bit Nicotine like, only the first. And also their reduction scheme was longer then I needed. A dose blocked Nicotin ime the whole day, they advise 3 times or so. Personal chemistry and or the little ammount I smoked.

But if looking to stop this is nature's alternative for Varenicline, and its OTC/ online.
I want to try this. Thank you for letting us know. Do you know if the online stores for it are genuine, by any chance? I am in Australia and want to try this.

One place for tabex wants paypal for payment. Does that mean it's a scam? I have been scammed before by someone wanting paypal only.

that's EXACTLY what I mean I was "away" for a while and has NO DESIRE to smoke a cig. AT ALL! once, I hit the streets forget about it...... temptation around every corner
If they banned ciggs or made them so expensive where 1 cigg was 5 bucks like prison I'd have no problem quitting. That's the only thing I miss about prison. The lack of temptations.

One place for tabex wants paypal for payment. Does that mean it's a scam? I have been scammed before by someone wanting paypal only.
Wasnt Pay-Pal the only secure way for payments over internet. This was on national television a few weeks ago. Direct banktransfers or credit card offer no protection against scammer's.

https://vpnoverview.com/privacy/finance/is-paypal-safe/ on how to optomize your paypal account.

No experience with bitcoin wallets, so you could check if they have safety nets. To catch em.

If they banned ciggs or made them so expensive where 1 cigg was 5 bucks like prison I'd have no problem quitting. That's the only thing I miss about prison. The lack of temptations.
They're nearly $2 a cig in Australia. I saw someone buy a 30 pack for something like $53 the other day. I just suck nicotine lozenges which aren't as expensive but still addicted.

Wasnt Pay-Pal the only secure way for payments over internet. This was on national television a few weeks ago. Direct banktransfers or credit card offer no protection against scammer's.

https://vpnoverview.com/privacy/finance/is-paypal-safe/ on how to optomize your paypal account.

No experience with bitcoin wallets, so you could check if they have safety nets. To catch em.
Not sure as I don't have a lot of experience with paypal. That might be true if you choose business type for when you pay but if you choose family/friends (which the scammer convinced me to do) it makes it harder to get your money back. It was my stupid inexperience and lack of knowledge how paypal works and also listening to the scammer. Luckily in this case I did get my money back from the bank after phoning and telling them but I wouldn't bet on that for in future so I never trusted paypal since.

I thought credit cards might be more genuine perhaps but that's just been my experience.

last time I used PAYPAL was ages ago. Your sytuation is a bit weird choosing between bussiness of family, knowing its a scammer.

PayPal Keep's the money deposited till you receive the goods, at least that what was what I thought.

Just got a decide to stop.
I'm far from perfect.
But it's the only way your really gonna do it and, stay away.
NEWPORT 100s. Are mine.
But that's next.
48 hours ago, I broke down, screaming, I want my life back.
I stared heroin, fentyhl in the face.
Did 2 giant lines, sad fuck u, no more.
I stared at the rest of my shit.
Eating Buprenorphine, 4mg, every hour.
I fought the devil for 8 hours, night before last.
Now...
I'm wide awake, skin n bone, since no food or water for 3 days.

Right now....
Im Smoking week, eating, drinking water, feel 80% better.
Jamming out to JEFF BECK on guitar.
It was a painfull experience, like never before
But,...
I'm CLEAN

They're nearly $2 a cig in Australia. I saw someone buy a 30 pack for something like $53 the other day. I just suck nicotine lozenges which aren't as expensive but still addicted.
Gum, vape, ciggs all are addicting and they could make something to really help people quit for good if they weren't so greedy.

well i slipped fuck right? but anyways to each their own I perfect Marlboro Menthols to Newport's I've found out

well i slipped fuck right? but anyways to each their own I perfect Marlboro Menthols to Newport's I've found out
I only smoke in the morning with coffee than I don't for the rest of the day. It's like I need both.Even the coffee needs to be a certain way or the cigg is not as good. O how I hate addictions.

Short answer: ZYN nicotine pouches!! (I like words, and to talk even more 🤭)

30 year PPD ex-smoker here (except for pregnancies and breastfeeding years ;) I once truly believed I was more addicted to cigarettes than anyone else, that I could never in a million years be able to quit. Patches, lozenges, gum, chew, nothing worked (especially if I had a beer or smoked herb!). However! 3 years ago I gave 6 mg Zyn pouches a try, and EUREKA! Haven’t even considered going back, even through the death of my mother. Still have that PPD monkey on my back, and they’re going up in price all the time, but I breathe significantly better! Hope you can find your way!
I have been using zyn actually myself lately. They are much better than on

last time I used PAYPAL was ages ago. Your sytuation is a bit weird choosing between bussiness of family, knowing its a scammer.

PayPal Keep's the money deposited till you receive the goods, at least that what was what I thought.
I didn't know it was a scammer until after I had paid and didn't receive the goods.

Edit to add I just remember a bit more now. Once I paid I got this email saying that it was the courier and I would need to pay more money for them to send it as it was medication or something. That was when I knew it was a scam and the guy on insta was being weird and kept engaging me when I called him out as a scammer. I have ordered stuff online before plenty of times and never heard of a courier asking for more money. Usually the shipping costs are built into the price by the seller.

Last edited: