• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Nicotine - vaping and quitting

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
So I quit vaping yesterday. What would be good to help with this? I been taking synthetic nicotine pouches but I want to get away from synthetic as I think it’s adding to akathesia.

If I went to my doctor in the states, is stuff like Nicorette gum or lozenges still synthetic? So it’s a two part question. Suggestions and is that synthetic too?

"Synthetic nicotine" is still nicotine, yes almost certainly nicorrette or any nicotine gum or lozenge will be synthetic but it's almost certainly going to be better for you than any product with nicotine derived from tobacco which would seem to be the only other option. The nicotine in vapes is all synthetic in origin.

Realistically any process to extract nicotine from tobacco that doesn't end up as essentially a tobacco product is going to involve as much or even more chemical processing so as to render any difference between "natural" and synthetic nicotine products irrelevant.

Nicotine gums, patches and lozenges almost certainly are a mildly healthier delivery method for nicotine than vaping, so besides other non-nicotine options I would try to get away from thinking that this natural/synthetic dichotomy is of any importance.

So I quit vaping yesterday. What would be good to help with this? I been taking synthetic nicotine pouches but I want to get away from synthetic as I think it’s adding to akathesia.

If I went to my doctor in the states, is stuff like Nicorette gum or lozenges still synthetic? So it’s a two part question. Suggestions and is that synthetic too?
Tabex, brandname, containes Cytisine extracted from the Golden Rain, nature's Varenicline.

The effect's are about the same blocking the Nicotin receptor and having a higher affinity Nicotin does nothing, I did for smoking and a cigarette actually became nothing more then disgusting smoke.

Tabex, brandname, containes Cytisine extracted from the Golden Rain, nature's Varenicline.

The effect's are about the same blocking the Nicotin receptor and having a higher affinity Nicotin does nothing, I did for smoking and a cigarette actually became nothing more then disgusting smoke.
Whoa, why haven't I heard of this before?! 😯 Currently trying to quit vaping nicotine via the white-knuckle method but this seems like it would be very helpful...

Whoa, why haven't I heard of this before?! 😯 Currently trying to quit vaping nicotine via the white-knuckle method but this seems like it would be very helpful...
It was really effective. The first tablet even felt a bit Nicotine like, only the first. And also their reduction scheme was longer then I needed. A dose blocked Nicotin ime the whole day, they advise 3 times or so. Personal chemistry and or the little ammount I smoked.

But if looking to stop this is nature's alternative for Varenicline, and its OTC/ online.

I'm taking a kind of very long game to quitting nicotine. I successfully switched from cigarettes to vaping about 7 months ago. I use nicotine gum while at work, with the plan to switch fully to that here in a month or so, 4mg gum. Stabilize on that, then drop to 2mg gum, then unmedicated gum. The idea is to first remove the overwhelming negative effects of smoking, then remove the hand-to-mouth/breathing fixation by switching from vaping to gum, then tackle the actual nicotine dependency itself.

Long play, hopefully it works, I've whooped heroin, cocaine and meth, but nicotine still being quite the motherfucker lol.

I had success with these toothpicks after vaping/smoking for 15 years. These are nice cause you can chew the shit out of them. A mind trick you can do when you get a craving is to remind yourself that the craving only really lasts 10mins tops. Grind it out and distract yourself for 10mins when you get a craving and everytime you resist a craving, it gets easier next time. Also if you slip up , dont beat yourself up and say fuck it. Just move on and over time you will win the war.

To me Nicotin isn´t even addicting, I can leave it and don't feel any wd's, but its seems very reinforcing. Which must be psychological addiction.

I NEED TO QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! SMOKING!!!!!! like yesterday,...
I've been chewing the 4mg Nicotine gum with 14mg Patches (the patches SUCK)
I've been smoking Newport's lately they're cheaper and easily accessible.
But, lately I've been waking up feeling like I can't breathe until I take my meds and smoke a Cig.
I've vaped maybe three times didn't like it, I don't even know why I picked it up in the first place
I had a big fat 8ball and I was dipping the ciggs in it "coco puffing" the yeyo was super strong
so, anyways I started now I need to quit. The gum is my best option Any new suggestions would be greatly apricated.

I NEED TO QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! SMOKING!!!!!! like yesterday,...
I've been chewing the 4mg Nicotine gum with 14mg Patches (the patches SUCK)
I've been smoking Newport's lately they're cheaper and easily accessible.
But, lately I've been waking up feeling like I can't breathe until I take my meds and smoke a Cig.
I've vaped maybe three times didn't like it, I don't even know why I picked it up in the first place
I had a big fat 8ball and I was dipping the ciggs in it "coco puffing" the yeyo was super strong
so, anyways I started now I need to quit. The gum is my best option Any new suggestions would be greatly apricated.
I’ve been using the nicotine packs that you put in your mouth but are just strait nicotine. Didn’t vape for two weeks. I found an old disposable in my house and well it still had juice left.

The struggle is real!!!lol

So I quit vaping yesterday. What would be good to help with this? I been takingfo synthetic nicotine pouches but I want to get away from synthetic as I think it’s adding to akathesia.

Lobelia inflata supplement. It's also called Indian weed. It helps with cravings from nicotine but you can't take a lot. It's natural and does help but for me it's not enough. Nicotine effects so many parts of the brain. Check it out though.

If nicotine (ciggs,vape,gum, ext.) is not around like in prison it's easy to quit. But even after years in the bing once you get out and smell it, the craving comes back. This shows me the brain remembers the pleasure part of nicotine. Inside you can get tobacco but the cost of it is too much. It used to be $5 per cigg and than you need to light it,smoke it & blow baby powder around the cell to mask the smell. And unless your in the federal joint smoking is banned so you will get a ticket n go to seg. Weird how the brain works in different situations like prison...

So I got some Cytisine tablets, and I must say for me they do seem to work. I guess I maaaybe didn't have the biggest nicotine addiction since I haven't smoked daily for a long period in a long time, but ever since I discovered those fucking disposable vapes, the amount of times I'd just be sitting around doing nothing and then think eh... why not just buy one more. I know that they are absurdly priced compared to getting a proper box mod and just buying nicotine refills but my stubbornness in believing in my own will and not accepting the reality that I just kept buying those damn things stopped me from just buying a proper vape and saving some money (actually I did have a "proper" vape, but I dropped it one time and it stopped working)... also whereas actual combustion cigarettes have always been just a little disgusting it's a lot easier to keep vaping without feeling the immediate acute damage caused by inhaling too much smoke over a short time, which for me although I prefer it to smoking in isolation, actually might have made it harder to stop because there wasn't an immediate "punishment", so to speak, as there is with smoking too much... although especially with these cheapo disposables of very hazy origins I wonder sometimes if the health effects from heavy metals and other more subtle poisons that are more commonly found emanating from cheap vaporizers might offset a lot of the longer term cancery damage that cigarettes cause...

I will literally do ridiculous stuff with nicotine like the amount of times I've binned my just-bought disposable after a few puffs, then being like urghh, what am I doing, this sucks, then later I find myself thinking about picking it out of the bin (which I have done - that is if it's only "clean" rubbish, obviously, there are limits)... I don't know why but nicotine has a crazy hold on me for the subtlety and overall shitness of what it actually is, and I've withdrawn from kratom, multiple benzos, dissociatives, and a daily amphetamine habit and somehow although overuse and discontinuation universally sucked, once I decided that I probably needed to quit for a while the fact that mostly all of those substances are much more of a "commitment" than a lil dose of nicotine weirdly made it a bit easier to stick to the plan.

Anyway the version of Tabex I got comes in a lil blister pack with numbers, indicating how many you're supposed to take on each day to wean off I guess, starting with 6 x 1.5mg tablets every 2 hours. The first day I did indeed take 6 which maayyyy have been too many because I did not sleep well that night at all. Most days since I'm alternating between about 3 or 4.

I agree they do feel nicotine-like. Actually for me the nicotine-esque feeling has not gone away. I'm a bit hesitant to jinx myself and I can imagine situations that haven't tested me yet like hanging around with a bunch of people vaping or maybe a certain level of alcohol or something, but since starting these I have had zero cravings or any desire to acquire or use any kind of nicotine product, especially anything inhalable. It speaks to the sinister subtlety of nicotine I think that I cannot definitively point to any cognitive effects except that I am not ever thinking that "maybe nicotine is just the drug I need to make this day better" (it never is), but maybe I am a little more focused... some of this could be vaguely placebogenic of course, but, I don't think it is actually, I've been extremely unfocused recently and that situation has not dramatically improved the last few days of taking cytisine instead of vaping BUT I think I can pretty safely say that I am no longer suffering from the additional, induced cognitive deficit that is present during nicotine withdrawal, or the goal-hijacking manifestation of all addictive drugs that jams the idea of imbibing some more nicotine at a higher priority level than absolutely anything else that actually matters.

Curious to see how the actual tapering goes because obviously it is very early days... I think I do have a bit of a habit of pushing the envelope of overuse a little too far until I can notice obvious and undeniable negatives, and then getting spooked, throwing shit away, and cold-turkeying, believing this is the quickest route back to normality when actually some kind of controlled taper would probably be a better route to avoid a whole lot more suffering... Thus, I probably really don't know how to taper, or at least I do in theory but I've just never actually done it... so having the taper clearly laid out even if in a fairly one-size-fits-all approach, with a drug that for all it's faults is a fairly benign one as far as the maximum possible harm in the short term, is something that personally I find very useful and hopefully after 3 or 4 weeks or however long the taper is supposed to be I'll be more smoothly at a nicotine free baseline than I've ever been before and can apply that lesson about the usefulness of tapering elsewhere, if needed...

Also I don't think it is really possible to taper effectively with fast-onset short-acting drugs in general, but especially stimulants, and especially smoked stimulants... or at least, it is surely possible but far, far more difficult, so this is kinda like a longer acting, slow onset version of nicotine to break that instant-gratification-temptation loop psychologically alongside the actual physical, neuroadaptive stuff.

I'm in the same boat. Any additional input on quitting or managing the withdrawal would be appreciative just in general! My intake for nicotine has become quite insane daily after a few years so I think I am going to withdraw hard. Have plenty of nicotine gum handy if that helps, but I'm definitely pretty scared and have never faced nicotine withdrawal at all in my life so I have no idea what to expect (really). I have to quit because of my lungs. It took a while to effect me--much longer over the years than most people because I have pretty athletic lungs--but it is definitely apparent that all of my nicotine use has come back to haunt me. I am not a cigarette or tobacco smoker. Exclusively vape.

What about alpha gpc? For some reason it doesn’t seem to mix well with nicotine. And I desire nicotine less. Something to do with the cholinergic system?

Cytisine just has higher abinding affinty then Nicotin for the same receptor, and ime a very long halflive. Just a guess but I doubt Alpha -GPC will be as effective, or not effective at all.

Varenicline will work, same mechanism as Cytisine.

Last edited:
So I got some Cytisine tablets, and I must say for me they do seem to work. I guess I maaaybe didn't have the biggest nicotine addiction since I haven't smoked daily for a long period in a long time, but ever since I discovered those fucking disposable vapes, the amount of times I'd just be sitting around doing nothing and then think eh... why not just buy one more. I know that they are absurdly priced compared to getting a proper box mod and just buying nicotine refills but my stubbornness in believing in my own will and not accepting the reality that I just kept buying those damn things stopped me from just buying a proper vape and saving some money (actually I did have a "proper" vape, but I dropped it one time and it stopped working)... also whereas actual combustion cigarettes have always been just a little disgusting it's a lot easier to keep vaping without feeling the immediate acute damage caused by inhaling too much smoke over a short time, which for me although I prefer it to smoking in isolation, actually might have made it harder to stop because there wasn't an immediate "punishment", so to speak, as there is with smoking too much... although especially with these cheapo disposables of very hazy origins I wonder sometimes if the health effects from heavy metals and other more subtle poisons that are more commonly found emanating from cheap vaporizers might offset a lot of the longer term cancery damage that cigarettes cause...

I will literally do ridiculous stuff with nicotine like the amount of times I've binned my just-bought disposable after a few puffs, then being like urghh, what am I doing, this sucks, then later I find myself thinking about picking it out of the bin (which I have done - that is if it's only "clean" rubbish, obviously, there are limits)... I don't know why but nicotine has a crazy hold on me for the subtlety and overall shitness of what it actually is, and I've withdrawn from kratom, multiple benzos, dissociatives, and a daily amphetamine habit and somehow although overuse and discontinuation universally sucked, once I decided that I probably needed to quit for a while the fact that mostly all of those substances are much more of a "commitment" than a lil dose of nicotine weirdly made it a bit easier to stick to the plan.

Anyway the version of Tabex I got comes in a lil blister pack with numbers, indicating how many you're supposed to take on each day to wean off I guess, starting with 6 x 1.5mg tablets every 2 hours. The first day I did indeed take 6 which maayyyy have been too many because I did not sleep well that night at all. Most days since I'm alternating between about 3 or 4.

I agree they do feel nicotine-like. Actually for me the nicotine-esque feeling has not gone away. I'm a bit hesitant to jinx myself and I can imagine situations that haven't tested me yet like hanging around with a bunch of people vaping or maybe a certain level of alcohol or something, but since starting these I have had zero cravings or any desire to acquire or use any kind of nicotine product, especially anything inhalable. It speaks to the sinister subtlety of nicotine I think that I cannot definitively point to any cognitive effects except that I am not ever thinking that "maybe nicotine is just the drug I need to make this day better" (it never is), but maybe I am a little more focused... some of this could be vaguely placebogenic of course, but, I don't think it is actually, I've been extremely unfocused recently and that situation has not dramatically improved the last few days of taking cytisine instead of vaping BUT I think I can pretty safely say that I am no longer suffering from the additional, induced cognitive deficit that is present during nicotine withdrawal, or the goal-hijacking manifestation of all addictive drugs that jams the idea of imbibing some more nicotine at a higher priority level than absolutely anything else that actually matters.

Curious to see how the actual tapering goes because obviously it is very early days... I think I do have a bit of a habit of pushing the envelope of overuse a little too far until I can notice obvious and undeniable negatives, and then getting spooked, throwing shit away, and cold-turkeying, believing this is the quickest route back to normality when actually some kind of controlled taper would probably be a better route to avoid a whole lot more suffering... Thus, I probably really don't know how to taper, or at least I do in theory but I've just never actually done it... so having the taper clearly laid out even if in a fairly one-size-fits-all approach, with a drug that for all it's faults is a fairly benign one as far as the maximum possible harm in the short term, is something that personally I find very useful and hopefully after 3 or 4 weeks or however long the taper is supposed to be I'll be more smoothly at a nicotine free baseline than I've ever been before and can apply that lesson about the usefulness of tapering elsewhere, if needed...

Also I don't think it is really possible to taper effectively with fast-onset short-acting drugs in general, but especially stimulants, and especially smoked stimulants... or at least, it is surely possible but far, far more difficult, so this is kinda like a longer acting, slow onset version of nicotine to break that instant-gratification-temptation loop psychologically alongside the actual physical, neuroadaptive stuff.
Take the first tablet Cytisine upon wakin,and you can forget about enjoyment of a nicotin drag quite some time. For me a whole day one tablet.

But I smoked about a cig a day with my Weed. A Tobacco smoker could probably just use the tapering plan provided with the medicin. Never was a smoker myself.