• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Nicest Compliment you've received lately

samadhi said:
^ From what i can see, SF69 was feeling unwell anyway, and she probably ran herself down when the naughty should have been in bed with water, drugs and daytime tv. :)

Indeed that is correct...hence im sitting in bed right now with a box of tissues, asthma pump so i can breathe and an ear plug in to stop my ear hurting till the meds kick in. Working from home is kinda cool but it would be nice to just rest!

I was coming down with something last week but cause im so busy at work and not eating right (which i admit) and not looking after myself I got worse. It's funny, i look after other peoples health and well being but cant get my own right...

:\

My friend introduced me to every new person I met at his party last night as "The angriest vegetarian you will ever meet." And then proceeded to elaborate. It was quite amusing. Instant celebrity.

Not recently,but a coach once said to me after a game of ice hockey, "Calvin,you bounce well."

The other night at work a girl told me she liked how my hair curls at the ends... It was nice even know my hair is gettin pretty crazy

My friend on the fact that I turned up to his engagement party a week early and then forgot to turn up on the actual night (I am seriously the worst friend ever, I've known this guy since Kindergarten):

The wedding is on Friday the 14th November. Make a note of it so you don't turn up to someone else's wedding on the 7th. Haha. I have to admit hearing you turned up to my parents house a week before the engagement party and obviously thinking you were running late while you had a six pack under one arm and trying to put on a shirt with the other was the funniest thing i have heard for a while. So thanks for that :)

MSN convo:

Julia says: Anyways.

Julia says: When it's raining really hard and you're in a tent, it sounds awesome.

Julia says: My favourite sound to go to sleep to.

Me says: haha

Me says: Not the sound of my breath babe?

Julia says: I wouldn't know.

Julia says: The dryer's a close second, though.

Me says: That's *my* favourite sound to go to sleep to.

Me says: (my breath)

Julia says: (I thought that's what you meant and wasn't going to press it)

Julia says: Well, I suppose it's good that you breathe...

Me says: Woah.

Me says: That was the nicest compliment I've ever received.

I was nicknamed 'the Danger Zone' because of my clumsiness and fondness for power tools.Not really a compliment,but I have my own theme music now.

I had two separate mothers today tell me how "fresh and alive " I looked, infact they were quite shocked. I just fobbed it off with changing my diet, something something... I mean it was a compliment, as the second mother who is a doctor, was just like "WOW" like a 100 times... in a way its kinda an insult because I must look so shit all the time ? I didnt mention I had been going to AA or anything like that, I am sure that would freak them out.

The same mother after her session with her son (mothers always sit in on sessions) and asked where I was at with my degree, and after I told her, she was like, " You know, I have never seen a therapist pick up ABA(applied behavioural analysis - the type of therapy we do) as quickly as you have - and the others were all graduates.. you should be very proud of yourself !

And that I am.

evilcalvin said:
I was nicknamed 'the Danger Zone' because of my clumsiness and fondness for power tools.Not really a compliment,but I have my own theme music now.

hahaha

Rated E said:
MSN convo:

Julia says: Well, I suppose it's good that you breathe...

Me says: Woah.

Me says: That was the nicest compliment I've ever received.

What would have been the best would be "I suppose its ok if you breathe"

Helping people refine their putdowns is a hobby of mine.

BREAKaBEAT said:
I had two separate mothers today tell me how "fresh and alive " I looked, infact they were quite shocked. I just fobbed it off with changing my diet, something something... I mean it was a compliment, as the second mother who is a doctor, was just like "WOW" like a 100 times... in a way its kinda an insult because I must look so shit all the time ? I didnt mention I had been going to AA or anything like that, I am sure that would freak them out.

The same mother after her session with her son (mothers always sit in on sessions) and asked where I was at with my degree, and after I told her, she was like, " You know, I have never seen a therapist pick up ABA(applied behavioural analysis - the type of therapy we do) as quickly as you have - and the others were all graduates.. you should be very proud of yourself !

And that I am.

THAT SAME MOTHER

Rang me today with another compliment
" We love your attitude, and we dont normally do this so early on in the piece, but we are going to give you a payrise. You have been absolutely brilliant with (insert child's name here)"

Too fucking cool.

A columbian I met on Soulseek told me that I'm crazy in a good way..... I spose you could call that a compliment.... :\

Got told by a youngster (18 yo?) at rainbow serpent that I look 30 (very happy to hear from this 40 yo), I told him he was allowed to stay :)

A guy at my work asked if he could take me out sometime. Though it was a little awkward, i was still quite flattered. I let him down nicely by explaining i am in a almost 3 year relationship so i wont be able to accept, and he took it well (i think) which is always a good thing.

I got told by a few people over the weekend that I looked vibrant. Another person told me I looked really good! I'm just over a week into quitting marijuana (nearly daily smoker for years) so I'm hoping that's why I'm apparently looking so good. Even if it's not the reason, it was still great to receive these compliments!

( this is Kinda off topic but) ive only smoked once in the past week , hopefully the bags under my eyes will start to lighten up.....

Recently i was told i have a big schlong , but ive also been told the opposite in the past ;)

wArEhOuSePuNk said:
Recently i was told i have a big schlong , but ive also been told the opposite in the past ;)

psycosynthesis said:
depends how much sleep you're getting.

Interesting theory ;)

I got told last week that I should be proud of how fast I'd done the filing.

Oh, I love temp work.

Ok let me set up the scenario. My girl just had our first baby. We are eating at a restaurant with her. Babygirl starts crying and mama starts to feed her. So I Dont even touch my meal and begin to feed my woman while she feeds babygirl. Even whipping her mouth:) Well some older lady comes up and says "I have been married 39 years and the only reason it has worked so well is because of how well my husband takes care of me, just like you take care of her. You treat her like a queen and you are a great guy. Dont let him go hun because he is a rare breed". That made me feel damn good. Real damn good! I stood an entire foot taller that night:)