European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Nice Codeine Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always relied on linctus as the source of my codeine. I've only done one proper CWE in my life. It's just way too much effort when linctus works out at around a fiver per bottle, delivered to the door within 48 hours.

Has anyone come across a drug where tolerance builds more quickly than with codeine? I've gone from 180mg to 300mg in little over a week really. Maybe 2 weeks. Time to get the grapefruit juice out at least.

Originally posted by a star

if you want the most from your codeine pain releif, down them with at least 1/2-3/4 litre of yellow grapefruit juice (not ruby red variety) as it comntains an inhibitor of cyctochrome CYP3A4, which is responsible for N-demethylation compounds to their barely active nor compounds (norcodeine & normorphine). I've seen plenty of crap written about it (inhibiting 3A4 doesn't wotk etc), but these tend to come from people who used cimetidine as the 3A4 inhibitor, not realizing that cimetidine is also an inhibitor of CYP2D6, which is the enzyme responsible for O-demethylating codeine to morphine, so no active metabolite formed! (grapefruit juice does work purely as a 3A4 inhibitor, so an increase of plasma morphine does occur.).

My tolerance was high to begin with, around 300mg just to get anything off it, quickly raising to nearly a gram. That was doing CWEs though, and I am notoriously shit at doing anything so while I've not had Liver Death or anything, I'm preferring linctus.

But yeah, despite my initially high tolerance, I haven't taken anything that's racked up that quickly, except maybe benzos but suspect that could be due to my heavy alcohol tolerance and GABA related shit and all that? I dunno.

You know what? In all the time I've been using codeine either recreationally or for pain, I've never considered the grapefruit juice. Gonna order a bottle of linctus when matey gets online (lazy cunt) and pick up some grapefruit juice tomorrow morning. Usually I'll just bosh a Nytol or two but I don't really like doing that, feels a bit grim, ya know? I've heard of people taking it with a shot of vodka or two but I don't reckon that's too sound HR-wise, nor the Nytol to be honest but I don't like booze with most drugs anyway, always makes me feel a bit dirty, especially with psyches. First time on shrooms I had a beer that looked and felt like one of those massive inflatable Stella bottles you get and it all went down my front and the second time I had a glass of wine and knocked myself out on a stapler.

Say I got a supply of them 30mg codeine pills - no other actives.

What would be the best ROA and preparation method for most efficient use?
Crush them up (use a grinder or pestle and mortar or anything that can), empty your crushed tablets onto a bit of paper, use it as a "shoot" (or whatever - "half a pipe shape" ) and put it in yer mouth, then get it down with some juice (the grapefruit juice thing would maybe help you to get more out of it).
It'll kick in quicker but likely last a shorter duration.

Crush them up (use a grinder or pestle and mortar or anything that can), empty your crushed tablets onto a bit of paper, use it as a "shoot" (or whatever - "half a pipe shape" ) and put it in yer mouth, then get it down with some juice (the grapefruit juice thing would maybe help you to get more out of it).
It'll kick in quicker but likely last a shorter duration.

Oh, I'm a pro at swallowing pills, I wouldn't have trouble swallowing 15 in one gulp. I use pure narignenin and/or citrus bioflavonoid supplements instead of grapefruit juice.

Oh, I'm a pro at swallowing pills, I wouldn't have trouble swallowing 15 in one gulp. I use pure narignenin and/or citrus bioflavonoid supplements instead of grapefruit juice.
Oh wait - Do you think I mentioned crushing them up to help with ingesting them?
That wasn't the purpose, it's because then you have a smaller surface area of Codeine so they're digested, metabolised and into your system much much much quicker.

Ofcourse it depends on the size of the tablets, but Codeine tablets are so small that you could likely take a whole 28 tablet box easily.
I mean check it - A 30mg tablet on a 1 penny piece:

Codeine30mgtabletamp1p_zps51b5c580.jpg

Proper tiny!

A friend of mine can't use water / any preferred liquid beverage to take his meds, he uses bananas. Never tried that as I'm fine with liquid (except piss =D ).

God, I can't even man liquids sometimes! When I get anxious, my throat gets tight and I can't swallow anything for shit so once one pill gets stuck, that's me done for the day. Capsules are better, fuck knows why people still even make uncoated round pills. Mind that 30mg one up there would be fine even for me. The tablets I was doing extractions on were easily the size of a 5p but they were 30/500s. Had a proper hard time even taking four or five in a go on the odd chance my mate left a few laying round and I needed a hangover cure.

I was getting 30/500s for pain but codeine just makes me really itchy at high doses.

I've been on MST for nearly a year but gave up CT a week ago with little issues, thanks fek

God, I can't even man liquids sometimes! When I get anxious, my throat gets tight and I can't swallow anything for shit so once one pill gets stuck, that's me done for the day. Capsules are better, fuck knows why people still even make uncoated round pills. Mind that 30mg one up there would be fine even for me. The tablets I was doing extractions on were easily the size of a 5p but they were 30/500s. Had a proper hard time even taking four or five in a go on the odd chance my mate left a few laying round and I needed a hangover cure.
I hear you there Snolly, I've got some round uncoated co-codamols here. I'm ok at swallowing stuff but these a horrid! Why not coat them, cheap fuckers :sus:

^ CWE. Even the mildest tolerance (ie zero tolerance) tends to need more than 60mg of codeine to enjoy. Not safe to get there without a CWE so extract. You can swallow a spoonful or so of bitter liquid I,m sure ;)

Is worth doing even for "medicinal" use if swallowing pills is difficult or not happy with paracetamol content. Just add one extra to cover losses if in doubt.

Oh, wow, and here I was, snorting all this crap because I thought it would be so much more active than orally. Of course, that wasn't touching on the recreational side of my use... ;)

Thanks! :)

Snorting pure codeine pills definitely works - was how I first "discovered" codeine phosphate pills. Is utter wank if you have any kinda tolerance whatsoever though. I was getting fukked off of 60-120mg back then so was feasible. These days definitely not. Oral dosing had higher BA anyway.

Oh wait - Do you think I mentioned crushing them up to help with ingesting them?
That wasn't the purpose, it's because then you have a smaller surface area of Codeine so they're digested, metabolised and into your system much much much quicker.

Ofcourse it depends on the size of the tablets, but Codeine tablets are so small that you could likely take a whole 28 tablet box easily.
I mean check it - A 30mg tablet on a 1 penny piece:

Codeine30mgtabletamp1p_zps51b5c580.jpg

Proper tiny!

A friend of mine can't use water / any preferred liquid beverage to take his meds, he uses bananas. Never tried that as I'm fine with liquid (except piss =D ).

Yes, mine are exactly that size. Thanks for the advice! So if I understand correctly, it's going to hit me harder if I crush them first into water, right?

Is worth doing even for "medicinal" use if swallowing pills is difficult or not happy with paracetamol content. Just add one extra to cover losses if in doubt.
Yeah when I was scripted 30/500 Co-Codamol, and my pain was just absolutely stupidly harsh, I'd do a CWE to get atleast 300mg of "Codeine Juice" (I'm going to stick to that description now =D) and take 3 tablets to get the full benefit of pain relief.
Still - 3 tablets (1500mg of Paracetamol) is more than one should take, but thankfully I wasn't drinking back then (unlike I am now) and my liver's fine.
Infact the liver is an absolutely astonishing organ. My pancreas gave out before my liver did, it metabolises practically everything you ingest and I've never had any problems with mine. Anything that can semi-regenerate itself is a total badman-murderah-style in my eyes hehe ;)
But, obviously, that's not me saying "Take advantage of your liver all you want!" because we all know the problems that can happen if you don't take good care of it :\

Shambles who would never do something so stupid because of his wisdom said:
Snorting pure codeine pills definitely works - was how I first "discovered" codeine phosphate pills. Is utter wank if you have any kinda tolerance whatsoever though. I was getting fukked off of 60-120mg back then so was feasible. These days definitely not. Oral dosing had higher BA anyway.
You big weird Shambo 8) <3
Yes, mine are exactly that size. Thanks for the advice! So if I understand correctly, it's going to hit me harder if I crush them first into water, right?
My pleasure :)

Crush them up, put the powder / ground tablets on a rectangular slip of paper, then use it to pour the powder into yer mouth (and use a licked finger to get any powder that remains on the paper) and wash it down with a liquid of choice :)

I actually tried putting crushed tabs in water the otter (small mammal) day and it was alright, but I had to keep adding water to the glass to get every grain of Codeine still left in the glass.

And yes - It will hit you quicker and all at once, which I guess could be deemed as hitting you harder :)

You big weird Shambo 8) <3

You called, Monsta? =D<3

Ya, I know. But was introduced to codeine this way by a proper oldskool junky who was just back from the far East and had been snorting pure "China White" for years. Fella knew his shit and never saw me wrong. I was a noob and did wot I was told. I learned. I am now me. Make of that wot you will... Sniffing codeine is not the kinda pisstake many see it as is all I'm saying.

You called, Monsta? =D<3

Ya, I know. But was introduced to codeine this way by a proper oldskool junky who was just back from the far East and had been snorting pure "China White" for years. Fella knew his shit and never saw me wrong. I was a noob and did wot I was told. I learned. I am now me. Make of that wot you will... Sniffing codeine is not the kinda pisstake many see it as is all I'm saying.
That I did =D~<3 (Just extracting the bodily fluid from the penis, shammy :D)

That's really interesting actually, because I thought consuming Codeine any other way would just end up with a massive Histamic reaction!
Par exemple:

A mate of mine, who was scripted DHC as an Opiate-Management-Substance (so, so, so much better than Methadone) who crushed up the tablets and tried to smoke them - He said that his whole face puffed up and all the other negative Histamine reactions happened (Infact... I can't think of a positive Histamine reaction!) and I told him how dangerous that could have been! 8(

So yeah, I'd have assumed that the same thing would happen when either Codeine or DHC were snorted. I know that some form of Morphine (Sulfate?) is able to be insufflated (and smoked) but that's the most of my knowledge.

And, as I said, that's rather interesting that it works being snorted :)
But I guess both of us know that it's not the way to go now.

(Infact... I can't think of a positive Histamine reaction!

At one time I used to IV 1g of codeine every 4-5h. Histamine reaction was the only positive reaction :\

And yes, sniffing is utter wank as an ROA. But works just fine with zero tolerance. Or even mild-moderate tolerance. Is just shit is all.

I'd rather ingest by pretty much any other ROA you can think of. But it does work.

Ick :!

Is Care and bells sugar free linctus the same ingredients, cos i see i can get 2 bottles a time from online pharmacy but they only have the care brand.

Pretty much the same. Definitely have the same active ingredients anyway. This is the full ingredient list for the Care brand -

"Active Ingredients per 5ml: Codeine Phosphate 15mg,Also contains amongst other ingredients: Ethanol, Invert Sugar, Sunset Yellow Dye (E110), Sucrose 4g per 5ml, Alcohol 1.8 vol%"

Last edited:
Is Care and bells sugar free linctus the same ingredients, cos i see i can get 2 bottles a time from online pharmacy but they only have the care brand.
You should be able to see the active ingredients listed in the product info..?

One thing to be aware of is that the Care brand has 4 grams of sugar per 5ml dose. That's a hell of a lot of empty calories if you plan on regular consumption. An alternative would be to purchase the sugar-free variety. Same active ingredients, reduced risk of diabetes!

At one time I used to IV 1g of codeine every 4-5h. Histamine reaction was the only positive reaction :\

And yes, sniffing is utter wank as an ROA. But works just fine with zero tolerance. Or even mild-moderate tolerance. Is just shit is all.

I'd rather ingest by pretty much any other ROA you can think of. But it does work.

Ick :!

God it is a long time since I IVed codeine, not that I would recommend that to anything, god those pin and needles in the back of the head and not pleasant like with MST. Burroughs writes a good story about IV codeine in Junky, always makes me laugh when I think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.