• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS - Record $200 million bust!

I always get a little sad when I see these stories on TV..;)

Then I think, hold on a minute, I'm sure there's plenty of dodgy business going on in australian law enforcement, it'll probably end up back on the streets anyway, albeit just a little later.=D

Or maybe I'm just a cynical, untrusting, conspiracy theorist wack-job

(99% of people agreed with the latter of these two statements. Be aware there is a 1% margin of error)

yeah this sux...but it also shows that more and more E is coming into australia... so in a way, its good to know that? lol ....hopefully some cops and officials pop these out of curiosity and then they will be changed for life and hopefully quit their jobs.....

doof-kittie said:
I always get a little sad when I see these stories on TV..;)

Then I think, hold on a minute, I'm sure there's plenty of dodgy business going on in australian law enforcement, it'll probably end up back on the streets anyway, albeit just a little later.=D

Yeah, i always get sad when i see these drug busts. Im getting kind of bad now. Even those police video things they have on tv [Worlds wildest police video for example] where they are chasing down " A suspected methamphetamine dealer", im always silently rooting for the bad guy.

I never really thought about the corruption that would put it back in circulation. Good thinkin doof kittie :)

Hmmmm. armani's, 007's and diamonds. if you believe the press.

oh well......

Originally posted by Psyentist on ITM

3 million pills.
20 million people living in Australia.

That's enough for every man, woman and child in Australia to have a cheeky line each.

Someone needs to start a petition....

Thought I'd share this with you guys... LYW Gene ;)

Kid_Cisco.

hope

"Paul Dillon of the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre yesterday said huge demand for ecstasy in Australia meant traffickers took big risks to supply it.

"If you have a seizure this big that's been caught, I would think these sorts of huge amounts of substances would be coming in fairly regularly," he said.

Good onya Paul...always giving hope for the users!!!
<source> news.com.au

although I suspect usage has increased in the last 10 years, the price has certainly dropped significantly.......and as far as Im concerned, the quality is pretty much the same too.

dont worry boys n girls, theres plenty more where that shipment came from (presuming these dont go on sale anyway!)

''The consignment was selected by Customs intelligence analysts and was in fact a cold hit selected for further examination,'' Mr Collins told reporters in Sydney.

What do you think they mean by a 'cold hit'? That they just kinda stumbled on it, without prior knowledge of the shipment?

But then further down, they say:

He said the drug haul was discovered as a result of intelligence.

??

no, what it basically means is that when the container was passed through the xray machine at the docks in sydney, they detected suspicious looking glyphs (images) in the xray and hence found the package... if im up to date with my info from the ports that is the only xray machine currently operating in aus... the one in melb still hasnt started up so im surprised they didnt bother to do some research 1st

:(
So many pills... wasted.
Oh well, i'm sure there'll be more where they came from.
*sigh*
Why is the world so unkind.
:\
PEACE

So by 'cold hit' do they mean that the container that the oven was in, was selected at random for an x-ray? If customs can pick a random conatiner and find drugs in it then i wonder how many containers there actually are that get through? Hopefully heaps!

They reckon it came from Poland. I was there three months ago and the scene is huge. And the quality is tops. Poland is just behind the Dutch in making this fuel. I had three days of the best after a business trip. Go the Polaks. Zubrowka and E. Bewdiful...

Damn.... A firend of mine was waiting for his biggest purchase yet- he sent me a message last night highlighting some random problem, and now I feel like this shipment contained MY 3 pills.

Was it only kangroos or were there others?

there were lots of differant colours so i would assume there were alot more than the kangaroo's

supposedly mitzi's, 007's diamonds and armani's to name a few

Just to clear something up - alot of people have being mentioning that the seized pills were kangaroo's, based on the picture in the web-based news report. If you look underneath the pic, you will notice that it says it's a 'file photo' (old picture) - so I guess that means that pic isn't specific to this bust.
Just an observation... :)

Update Y'all!!!!

More arrests over ecstasy haul
By Jordan Baker and Krystyna Pollard
15nov04
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,11392684%5E1702,00.html

TWO men were arrested in Belgium as two others faced court in Sydney today over an alleged attempt to smuggle 820kg of ecstasy to Australia in a bakery oven.

Customs and Australian Federal Police said they intercepted the country's largest haul of the party drug in October as it arrived in Sydney from Poland via Germany.

An X-ray revealed 62 boxes containing about 115kg of ecstasy powder and three million tablets, weighing 705kg, hidden in the oven's metal shell, they said.

Australians Zachariah O'Brien and Robert Drury were arrested and charged with conspiring to import and attempting to possess banned goods.

O'Brien, 32, from New Italy on the NSW north coast, fronted court today via video link from jail while Drury, 54, of Kings Cross, opted not to appear in the courtroom at all.

They were remanded in custody and will re-appear in Central Local Court on January 19.

Australian Federal Police Commissioner Mick Keelty said two more men had been arrested in Belgium.

Both were European, although their exact nationalities were unknown, and were more significant to investigations than the Australians, he said.

Mr Keelty said there might be a link between the Sydney haul and a thwarted attempt to smuggle ecstasy to Adelaide in a pizza oven earlier this year.

Australia's previous record ecstasy seizure was in June, when 342kg was discovered in a sea container from the Netherlands.

The Sydney haul alone would have delivered a $200 million profit to transnational crime, Mr Keelty told ABC radio.

"If you weigh up the three major operations on ecstasy this year, you're talking in the order of nearly $500 million of drugs that could have entered the streets of Australia and the money and proceeds of which would have gone back ultimately to Europe," he said.

AFP agent Mike Phelan said the haul of 820kg of MDMA – the pure form of ecstasy – would dent supply.

It was likely the drugs came from western Europe, Australia's main source of MDMA powder, Mr Phelan, the AFP's national manager Border and International, told ABC radio.

"Most of it comes from the western European countries of Holland (Netherlands), Belgium, around that part of the world.

"There is no doubt we have disrupted a very sophisticated and significant syndicate of international drug traffickers.

"Overseas, we have got some further inquiries being carried out on our behalf by the Belgian and Dutch authorities."

With the 3 million pill count.

If you optimistically presume the MDMA powder was pure, thats enough to make another million pretty solid pills...

4 million pills... 20 million people... Only one shipment of many... my parents dont take pills...

I dont think I'm taking my fair share of the goods ;)

Thread Cleaned.

OK, look I think we're over it. Who believes anything they read in the paper anyway, why would they get the price right? It's nearly a tonne of drugs... nobody except the dude who bought it and the dude who sold it to him really knows how much it's worth.

Reminder: This forum is NOT a place for flames, so reconsider before posting one in future.

BigTrancer.