• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

News/law enforcement report 6.37 lbs. of "raw" LSD siezed from Clarksville, TN home

If the guy was using a submerged culture (that would explain why there is so much liquid, otherwise that would seem like a ridiculous amount of metabolites although they would be what cause the discoloration), actually in research submerged culture has shown to produce different non-peptide clavine alkaloids, not sure but that may not result in ergotism nearly as much as regular ergot on crops. But yeah it could easily be way too much with such chunks!! I also don't know if it is ergine what causes hallucinations in people with ergotism. Not those (toxic) peptides though, nothing like that is tolerated on the amide to retain psychedelic activity.

Actually up to 0.05% of ergot on crops is accepted in the food industry, it wouldn't do anything but still that means technically we all eat the stuff with some regularity I think, in bread or flour etc. Interesting, but insignificant so don't worry about things like that. They don't have safety margins for nothing and we've been eating it for a long time, would take some work to ensure ergot-free grains. You just don't wanna eat heavily infected crops or ingest moderate levels chronically apparently although I would think it doesn't stack up in the body...

Tryptamines very directly are based on indole, lysergamides contain the structure technically but way more modified. Ultimately if a structure contains another structure but is heavily modified, this may not necessarily mean much because the chemical and medicinal behavior can be very different.
I'd want such articles to be technically correct but whether or not they are indoles can be a red herring. Where did you even find anything in media / from law enforcement saying anything about indoles?

To address a post from before (CJ): I'm not a 100% on this either and not sure how you'd do it but if it is ergot possibly he still had to induce the production of the sclerotia which are the black things you are talking about. Also you can't have sclerotia without mycelium even if you can't see it well on infected crops.
I think sclerotia can have different purposes like storing energy but for ergot I think it is a protective cortex. Like I said before, it may very well be possible to extract lysergic derivatives from mycelium without any sclerotia but I am having a hard time digging up analysis on mycelium a DIYer like him would grow.
Also it doesn't look like any shroom tek I've ever seen, even stone producers, but you'd be right that tryptamines and lysergic derivatives alike would test positive for indoles (so I guess it is relevant =D ). I share your wondering about the lab equipment cause you need sophisticated stuff to purify such materials in order to use them for manufacture, not some random science-y equipment a shroom enthousiast might have.
By the way, there certainly are non-psychoactive indoles and those would test positive for trypt / LSD tests (called Ehrlich's) too! Would suck to explain that.

Anyway, good luck charging 5 million bucks for that feta.

p.s. 'Witness', that's an interesting way of phrasing, too :)

Last edited: