• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

News/law enforcement report 6.37 lbs. of "raw" LSD siezed from Clarksville, TN home

Rita Prell

Bluelighter
News/law enforcement report 6.37 lbs. of "raw" LSD siezed from Clarksville, TN home

Makes no sense, right?

"raw" ain't "pure," otherwise it'd be amongst the largest such busts in history, or am I missing something?

Pics show mason jars...gotta be growth medium for claviceps purpurea, right (cause it looks like it's wet, within)? And what appears to be a gallon zip-lock baggie, full of some crumbly-looking white and gray stuff - more product of ergot fungus growth and medium, right?

I hope the man arrested, Roy Wagner, gets a good lawyer, because it would seem law enforcement is off on the wrong nomenclature, to begin with, but, I do not know that much about common methods of LSD manufacture and precursor growth.

Rita Prell

LEO/media are so stupid when it comes to drugs. This article is designed to shock and scare people. OMG, $5M of acid!!??!!??!!11 Won't someone please think of the children??

Yeah it looks like he was growing ergot fungus probably. They're evidently (from what I gathered in that brief article anyway) trying to charge him for the weight of the fungus, as LSD. Like how in marijuana growing busts in some places, they charge you for the weight of the whole plant and soil.

OMG, $5M of acid!!??!!??!!11 Won't someone please think of the children??

Think of the puppies.... Tiny little puppies with their big puppy dog eyes. Watching helplessly as their owners descend into madness, sad barks left unheeded as they run out into the streets filled with cars, chasing them only to run right into the traffic themselves....

Think of all the lives that could be saved if only people would just think of the puppies.... You're not pro-puppy murder, are you?

Just Say No™

LEO/media are so stupid when it comes to drugs. This article is designed to shock and scare people. OMG, $5M of acid!!??!!??!!11 Won't someone please think of the children??

Yeah it looks like he was growing ergot fungus probably. They're evidently (from what I gathered in that brief article anyway) trying to charge him for the weight of the fungus, as LSD. Like how in marijuana growing busts in some places, they charge you for the weight of the whole plant and soil.

I do not know the laws specific to this, but, I'm sure there's some line that can be crossed - just like with San Pedro, which is legal to possess and grow, right up to the moment of either cutting it up (preparation) or at the instant of felonious ingestion - wherein there's this thing growing that's legal...until you encourage it, too much, in the form of a particular substrate or such.

Maybe he'll get off.

The news brief made reference to paraphernalia used to make LSD (running, logically, contrary to the statement that he possessed it - that it must be made, from what he had). Let's hope it's just a beaker or something less incriminating so that he completely walks.

Free Roy Wagner! He's my hero. Even a purported 6+ pounds of LSD, in my book, shows the right kind of intent, even if all he was doing was trying to make money.

- Rita Prell

Heh I like the cut of your jib Rita. I enjoy people not afraid to label themselves a (somewhat) conservative Christian. As a liberal degenerate Jew...I welcome your perspective. I wanted to see the jars but no pictures in the above link.

I don't think that guy was actually making LSD. It looks like a shroom growing operation. There are pictures of jars full of mycelium but no lab equipment. I don't know much about ergot cultivation, but the pictures I've seen are little black things growing out of wheat with no visible white mycelium. Also, maybe I'm just being too judgemental, but that guy really doesn't look like an LSD chemist to me. I think the police or newspaper staff are just too uninformed to understand that mushrooms and LSD aren't the same thing.

Sorry pics didn't show. "LSD news" as input will show it as 1st result.

Heh I like the cut of your jib Rita. I enjoy people not afraid to label themselves a (somewhat) conservative Christian. As a liberal degenerate Jew...I welcome your perspective. I wanted to see the jars but no pictures in the above link.

I prob have more in common with the average lib Jew than the typical con Christian; my very name, rather than from Margarita or other derivation, would actually be spelled w/o the "i," which is a Sanskrit word for moving in the right direction or a change, appropriate for the situation, or a karmic shift - my parents were into world religions and consciousness, despite being Christians and religious professionals, themselves.

One of my best friends - in my wedding party and an ardent fighter for human rights in Myanmar - is a degenerate, liberal Jew.

That was my thought, down to the look of the guy (not to prejudge), as well

I don't think that guy was actually making LSD. It looks like a shroom growing operation. There are pictures of jars full of mycelium but no lab equipment. I don't know much about ergot cultivation, but the pictures I've seen are little black things growing out of wheat with no visible white mycelium. Also, maybe I'm just being too judgemental, but that guy really doesn't look like an LSD chemist to me. I think the police or newspaper staff are just too uninformed to understand that mushrooms and LSD aren't the same thing.

If it was ergot, rather than mycelium (mu first thought), then, I thought, "He's making something for delivery to someone else."

The Ziploc contents didn't look like product, only more substrate...

Rita

This probably boils down to the law enforcement officers being uninformed. Picture a bunch of medieval knights kicking down the door on a witch doctor, they aren't gonna know what the fuck they're "seizing" to prove they "stopped his evil sorcery" but you can bet they're gonna wanna make it sound impressive.

Lazy, derivative article. Information needs to be less sensationalized that and lsd is magic and harmless fuck anyone who says people don't have the right to ingest plants and compounds that are multitudinally beneficial in therapy among other things. Cannabis is a versatile plant. . Fucking regresssional , dea garbage. Croakers won't write, so we get kratom and cbd to treat arthritis phantom limb many things. Interesting time in the scene. Only schedule iv's (4's) are being sold confidently because they don't fall under the Analog Act.

yes, agreed, this is the essence of it

Rita

Yes, Thou, it's completely lazy and towards sensationalism.

It's hard to believe, in this day and age...

Oh, yeah, fuck that Analog Act, too!

- RP

Last edited by a moderator:
You can find other people on the Shroomery community who try growing some ergot, hell I got some kernels as a curiosity but they probably wouldn't be viable for growing anymore even if I were interested in that.

For LSD manufacture you need particular strains of ergot though or it's hardly worth the yield. There is no ergot OR mycelium, mycelium is the body of a fungus comprised of a network of strands. Ergot is a species of fungus although I guess you are assuming that is what you only call the ergot kernels, actually sclerotia which are other organs of the fungus.

MGS (haha 'degenerate Jew', the candor in this thread is indeed refreshing), the jars actually seem to be displayed unless I'm mistaken - especially check the gallery on that WKRN site. The white chunks would be ergot mycelium sitting in its own metabolites (there is no such thing as a diaper for fungi). It seems like he was growing it on rye grains.
I do not know off the top of my head if you actually need to fruit it / produce sclerotia first. My guess is the mycelium also contains your ergotamine but in lower concentrations than sclerotia. Fruits would be quite tiny and growing from the sclerotia i think.

The scale of the operation and components used in manufacture are the key difference separating this dude from just random Shroomery hobbyists and circumstances like that are probably what make the difference for a conviction and not just simply being in possession of something. Arguably also how/why someone gets busted can also have the same reasons why it would be considered a manufacturing operation.

Not sure if this guy had actual drugs on him / at home cause ergot doesn't really contain LSD yet as much as it contains precursors. I don't think I would like to eat this guy's acid but hey maybe I am prejudiced (and also degenerate). Would also like to see what kind of chromatography he was planning to do work-ups with...

I agree: it's a piece of shit article and there is no sense in the sensationalism and demonization just like most drug policies seem to be abusive to the public and involve a lot of ways the state makes money. If not that, any random drug casualty is bound to have heartbroken parents or family and based on a single incident politics pander to general ignorance and a general lack of opposition, to satisfy the fear and outrage when people die from 'unknown' drugs. I think in this paragraph you will find explanations for differences with legality of things like alcohol and tobacco.

Last edited:
The level of ignorance among the non-drug imbibing population is unfortunately remarkably high and all the above posters realise that.

The mushroom/LSD remark by CJ187 takes me back to the day that possession, supply, etc. of psilocybin mushrooms was made illegal under statute law in the UK. A major radio station was interviewing a head shop owner (a former tobacconist in probably the best known tobacconist in Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland - he saw the writing on the wall in respect of anti-smoking sentiments and legislation and did a smart change in focus) and he was lamenting the effect it would have on not only his business but also on the young kids who would "start going for the Fly Agaric mushrooms instead", adding that "they don't realise they're worse, 'cos they have LSD in them".

To give him his due, he was an old codger who spent most of his life selling fags, expensive cigars and tobacco - it was his doper son that probably saved his small business. But he gave the conservative elements of UK society just what the government wanted them to hear. Just like above. A rear-guard action of the anti-drug footsoldiers and black-ops.

Oh well .............

Thanks for the clarity, "Sol," on the medium. So, maybe law enforcement was kinda-sorta on the right track - as far as an indole, rather than what some of us proposed, a tryptamine, a la mushrooms...

Yes, all so dumb and short-sighted, here in The States; witness Norway changing things up...

I hope the guy gets off, somehow. Makes me wish I was finished with law school and was licensed in The Volunteer State, so I could run over there and defend him...

The level of ignorance among the non-drug imbibing population is unfortunately remarkably high and all the above posters realise that.

The mushroom/LSD remark by CJ187 takes me back to the day that possession, supply, etc. of psilocybin mushrooms was made illegal under statute law in the UK. A major radio station was interviewing a head shop owner (a former tobacconist in probably the best known tobacconist in Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland - he saw the writing on the wall in respect of anti-smoking sentiments and legislation and did a smart change in focus) and he was lamenting the effect it would have on not only his business but also on the young kids who would "start going for the Fly Agaric mushrooms instead", adding that "they don't realise they're worse, 'cos they have LSD in them".

To give him his due, he was an old codger who spent most of his life selling fags, expensive cigars and tobacco - it was his doper son that probably saved his small business. But he gave the conservative elements of UK society just what the government wanted them to hear. Just like above. A rear-guard action of the anti-drug footsoldiers and black-ops.

Oh well .............

Wow that's crazy. 8) Amanitas are worse because they contain LSD? Jeez...

(for anyone reading with no knowledge of these things, since most people reading posts here are guests browsing for information, I just want to make clear my sarcasm and state that amanita mushrooms do NOT contain LSD... nor is LSD "worse" than mushrooms).

So, maybe law enforcement was kinda-sorta on the right track - as far as an indole, rather than what some of us proposed, a tryptamine, a la mushrooms...

Just for the sake of being really clear on info, tryptamines and lysergamides such as LSD are all indoles. :)

Thanks for that clarification a al indoles, "X."

Wow that's crazy. 8) Amanitas are worse because they contain LSD? Jeez...

(for anyone reading with no knowledge of these things, since most people reading posts here are guests browsing for information, I just want to make clear my sarcasm and state that amanita mushrooms do NOT contain LSD... nor is LSD "worse" than mushrooms).

Just for the sake of being really clear on info, tryptamines and lysergamides such as LSD are all indoles. :)

as above - thx - that terminology wasn't clear, to me

Yes, amanitas are not anything like LSD. My one experience w/ amanita was dysphoric, not psychedelic, nauseating.

Imagine if someone eats a chuck of that by mistake thinking its feta cheese 8(