• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: 8/08/08 - World's largest ecstasy bust

mushi mushi 88 said:
I was just talking to my mate and supposedly this happened in June last year...

It's in the news articles. They waited a year before making it public because they wanted to follow the goods into the country and round everyone up.

Modulus said:
It varies.

Don't generalise and say that the whole of europe has cheap pill prices because it isn't true.

The vast majority are cheaper than here though.

mushi: Man, you should think a little more before posting. Your last line is completely unnecessary and stupid.

I lived there for 9 years. It is true. U will be suprised even when u go to a club and u get cheap good pills. Even speed costs exactly 10 times cheaper then in Au. Im talking about sulphate not meth.

The reason why it costs so much here is because the australian dollar is good and our wages are very high. Where i lived i worked for an hour to buy a pill. Same goes for over here in Au. Dealers in Au wouldnt make much profit by selling them for a few dollars each.

cost me 100 bux for 10g converted.

Attachments

• 08-11-07_0114.jpg
    08-11-07_0114.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Best meth I ever had was in Europe. Some randoms just gave me some because I was an Aussie

static_mind said:
Best meth I ever had was in Europe. Some randoms just gave me some because I was an Aussie

Ur lucky. Meth is very rare in Europe. Im not sure why tho. I have only seen meth once in my life back home in europe and i could get anything i wanted.

The reason why it costs so much here is because the australian dollar is good and our wages are very high. Where i lived i worked for an hour to buy a pill. Same goes for over here in Au. Dealers in Au wouldnt make much profit by selling them for a few dollars each.

It has a lot to do with us being isolated from the rest of the world as well. It makes it harder to get things in, hence more expensive to cater to the market.

The australian dollar being good should in theory actually make (imported) pills , or the (imported) precursors needed to domestically make pills, cheaper. As Mr Blonde said the higher price here is due to our 'relatively' small market and our isolation.

cudds said:
The australian dollar being good should in theory actually make (imported) pills , or the (imported) precursors needed to domestically make pills, cheaper. As Mr Blonde said the higher price here is due to our 'relatively' small market and our isolation.

So why are local made pills so expensive then?

^ Because they know what we are willing to pay already, I guess. Probably also the expense involved in doing it all locally.

Mr Blonde said:
^ Because they know what we are willing to pay already, I guess. Probably also the expense involved in doing it all locally.

I dont understand that. We are willling to pay already? There has to be something behind that concept. I think importing it is a bit riskier.
Im sure thats why pills are so expensive here because our wages are very high. The poorer the country the cheaper the drug is and i know this from experience im not making this up.

^ Ok, lets say the current market situation is that a pill costs $xy. And lets assume everyone is buying imported pills straight from the middle-men so I don't have to worry about the increased costs of it getting passed around. ;)

Yes, importing it is risky. That's part of the cost. The pills are very cheaply made overseas.

So now a local mob wants to make their own pills, and sell them. They put together the materials, buy everything they need, etc, which could potentially cost a bit depending on who they know. Now they've got a batch they're ready to sell. Why on Earth would they sell it for cheaper when the guys who are importing are charging $xy? Perhaps the local guys could sell for just $x, but they're in it to make money and they know that if people are eating these things like candy at $xy, they may as well charge that.

Now, if the local guys were large enough and connected and organized enough, they could flood the market with cheap pills and effectively stop us buying imports as they could provide it cheaper. As it is, I don't think they have the ability to do that and so we're stuck paying what we do.

I understand your point about the economic situation of the countries in question, and in a way you are right; if you go to a very poor country the drugs there are doubtlessly going to be cheaper because otherwise the dealers wouldn't make any money. But in the case of Australia, being an island nation that has no land borders is what makes it hard to smuggle everything in, making it more expensive.

Mr Blonde said:
^ Ok, lets say the current market situation is that a pill costs $xy. And lets assume everyone is buying imported pills straight from the middle-men so I don't have to worry about the increased costs of it getting passed around. ;)

Yes, importing it is risky. That's part of the cost. The pills are very cheaply made overseas.

So now a local mob wants to make their own pills, and sell them. They put together the materials, buy everything they need, etc, which could potentially cost a bit depending on who they know. Now they've got a batch they're ready to sell. Why on Earth would they sell it for cheaper when the guys who are importing are charging $xy? Perhaps the local guys could sell for just $x, but they're in it to make money and they know that if people are eating these things like candy at $xy, they may as well charge that.

Now, if the local guys were large enough and connected and organized enough, they could flood the market with cheap pills and effectively stop us buying imports as they could provide it cheaper. As it is, I don't think they have the ability to do that and so we're stuck paying what we do.

I understand your point about the economic situation of the countries in question, and in a way you are right; if you go to a very poor country the drugs there are doubtlessly going to be cheaper because otherwise the dealers wouldn't make any money. But in the case of Australia, being an island nation that has no land borders is what makes it hard to smuggle everything in, making it more expensive.

A strong Aussie dollar, just means more profits for the importers, any smart importer does not affect the local market price just because his product becomes cheaper to buy, he just makes better profit.

If he were to lower the price when the dollar is strong, it makes it harder to lift the price when the dollar is weak. People would not be prepared to pay more cos the price went down

If people won't pay the price the importer is asking then the simple solution for them is to bring in a cheaper product, so they can still make the money they used to.

And just to prove a point, this is exactly what has happened in UK, cheap crap drugs on the street. Importers still making money.

Overseas manufacturers are trying there best to get good e to Australia, because there is still good margin to be made, so we pay the price we do.

Unfortunately cheap stuff still gets imported/manufactured by the greedier manufacturers.

Hope I haven't bored you to tears

PLUR

Bayse

I'd pay $40 a pill if i could be guaranteed it was MDMA, but we all know that cant happen.

Hence why pure will have to suffice. I have to say, im not too disappointed.

:D

in reply to mr blonde "No, I enjoy economics actually".
thats good to hear. Economics isnt as boring as the sterotype suggests . its what makes the world go round.(particularly the world of black market drugs)

^ Damn right. You know what would help the economy and boost falling tourism numbers? Legalize a lot of drugs and have the government provide them. The drug tourism industry could potentially be HUGE.

Mr Blonde said:
^ Damn right. You know what would help the economy and boost falling tourism numbers? Legalize a lot of drugs and have the government provide them. The drug tourism industry could potentially be HUGE.

As Martin Luther K!NG says...

I have a dream ... that one day I can go to the chemist up the shops and hand over $20 for 5 pills and they be 100% clean and pure mdma & I can bounce off the walls like a madman .... I have a dream ... =D

hehehe