• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: 8/08/08 - World's largest ecstasy bust

Fuck.

Lame! Don't they realise we love the shit! Jesus christ, let us munch our MDMA and love everyone, ffs.

:!

So when did the container actually arrive here? From what I can gather from the articles and going on what someone posted, it was a few months to a year ago or something, yeah?

What a tragedy for the pills, i wonder if these would've made it to the U.S. These people aren't happy in there lives so they want to make us unhappy just like them. Look at them in there uniforms with there stupid badges, and guns. To me they look pathetic going after something they will never win because we as people have our own rights, our own body, our own mind, its our choice. You guys will never win because we will not let you.

^ I think most police are just doing a job which they believe in; I don't believe they are trying to make everyone jaded and depressed.

I read some police officers comment on saving around $120million in health and social costs as a result of this bust. you gotta laugh

static_mind said:
I heard that so many containers enter the country that customs can only randomly scan 5% but I dont know that as fact.

Apparently Customs claim they can Xray/scan 500,000 TEU (Twenty foot equiv. units) out of the millions of TEU's imported into Australia each year (and rising - though in 2002 Customs could only do 100,000).

Or if you take alternative figures, several hundred containers a day of 1.8 million containers being imported annually, they might be scanning 10-15%.

If you add to that the risk profiling then the actual potential to catch it is pretty high - but they do keep getting through (great, yay).

Unfortunately greed gets everyone in the end, greed of the dealers and greed of the consumer.

majoha said:
What i don´t understand is that after all these years still allmost every (good) xtc pill in the world is Dutch made. You would have expected that the US and Australia could produce their own good quality xtc by now.

It boils down to getting the right pre-cursor chemicals. Australia doesn't require the pre-cusors such as Safrole in bulk (depending on how you synthesis MDMA). What is more risky? Importing pills you can just distribute or safrole/iso-safrole/MDP-2-P or even Pipernol you then need to go through a chemical process to create ecstacy?

Europe has easy access to pre-cusor chemicals - you have to remember that countries like Russia would have no issue supplying chemicals to enterprising individuals and smuggling them overland is a lot easier than trying to ship them. And China/India who supply a bulk of the pre-cursor chemicals is on europe's doorstep.

As you go up the chain, I think its safe to say that organised crime is not interested providing a quality product to consumers, and we as stupid as we often are will pay for crap because its better than nothing.

Closer you are to the source the better the pills you are going to get. Once your isolated on an island quality for most goes out the window. Just look at the UK.

Drug busts 'forced syndicate bosses to launder cash'
Steve Butcher
August 20, 2008

THE alleged Victorian syndicate bosses behind the world's largest seizure of ecstasy are suspected of laundering more than $11 million - some of it through a Footscray supermarket - primarily to repay their overseas suppliers for its loss.

Authorities say that Pasquale Barbaro, the alleged "co-head" of the syndicate with Saverio Zirilli, arranged with another co-accused to send the money to Singapore-based associates.

The cash transactions, including two alleged $1 million one-day handovers at Sims supermarket in Barkly Street, Footscray, are said to have been conducted between February and July this year.

It is understood that Sims and other companies mentioned in a police summary obtained by The Age were not aware of any illegal activity connected to their businesses.

Barbaro, 46, and Zirilli, 51, are two of more than 20 people charged with major drug or related offences after a 12-month Australian Federal Police and customs investigation.

Also arrested were Rob Karam, 41, an alleged associate of Tony Mokbel, and John Higgs, former president of the Black Uhlans outlaw motorcycle club.

It will be alleged that an undercover operative who posed as a member of an Asian crime syndicate was secretly filmed by Hong Kong police meeting Karam.

The charges followed the seizure in June last year of 4.4 tonnes of ecstasy, comprising 15 million tablets from Italy worth about $440 million, which police kept secret in order to continue their investigations.

An AFP summary sent to prosecution and defence lawyers includes detail from two subsequent operations, codenamed Inca and Cardinia, which involved 187,000 telephone intercepts, 100 search warrants and 20,000 hours of surveillance.

Police accuse Barbaro and Zirilli of primary responsibility for "directing and co-ordinating the importations, trafficking and money-laundering activities of the syndicate".

Police installed surveillance devices in a Carlton unit which they allege was used as a base to "plan and co-ordinate … the trafficking of (ecstasy)".

The summary says that in February this year, Barbaro and co-accused Sharon Fiona Ropa, 37, started laundering the proceeds of drug sales to syndicate members in Europe via Singapore. It says investigations have established that Barbaro and Ropa were responsible for meeting an Australian representative of Yakadir (a Singapore moneychanger) "for the purpose of remitting money obtained from the proceeds of drugs sales".

Police claim to have confirmed that the "Barbaro and Zirilli syndicate has conducted transactions with (the representative) and his associates" at locations in Collins Street, Melbourne, the Sims supermarket in Footscray, Adelaide and other unconfirmed places.

The amounts listed as having been handed over at the supermarket total more than $3.7 million.

Ropa is further accused of conducting transactions that totalled $1.5 million at Sims and $1.6 million in a five-day period last month outside Melbourne's Marriott Hotel.

It is alleged that days before, Barbaro and two others had arranged for the transportation of $5 million from Adelaide to Melbourne.

The summary says that in Operation Inca, authorities used lawfully intercepted telephone communications and conversations between syndicate members to arrange drug trafficking and later collection of money.

Coded references allegedly referring to drugs included "chairs and tables", "tiles", "pumpkins", "invites" and "tickets". In one telephone conversation in February, Barbaro tells one man he was in Sydney "to see a doctor" and that "the tests came out perfect", references that police allege were to successful tests on drugs.

The summary details allegations that syndicate members learned that a container of coffee from South America - which also held 150 kilograms of cocaine - had been found last month by authorities.

The summary also claims that an undercover operative paid $100,000 to a syndicate member she met at the Middle Bar and Cafe in Middle Park in May in return for 11,000 ecstasy pills. In another operation, two accused were seen handling a vegetable box at the back of the Coburg Market that is alleged to have contained ecstasy.

It is expected that some of those in custody will soon apply for bail.

The Age

hoptis said:
an undercover operative paid $100,000 to a syndicate member she met at the Middle Bar and Cafe in Middle Park in May in return for 11,000 ecstasy pills

do the maths thats $9 a biccie and they wonder why they do it??? :) nice profit by the time me and you get them huh?

haha yeah. the cops know to offer at $9 a bic.
but when filing their reports they value them at approx $51 per pill.

....also
when looking at the pills in that big tin.
i can quite clearly make out one of the pills with what looks exactly like an anchor.

and considering the quality of the anchors. wouldn't be too suprising if these were dutch imports :)

anchorxq9.png

9635.jpg

yeah they do look like a anchor, wonder if these come from greece :)

anchor.gif

http://www.pillreports.com/index.php?page=display_pill&id=9635

looks like some managed to get released , I wonder if was dodgy cops ...

I would assume so as if there was another container then these would be all over Australia and we would be having a great time on em ...

I have not seen that press before and I come across many sorts ... but I hope I can get to try em..

I love you dodgy cops , you can make life for others just dandy ... hahahah

Last edited:
15 million pills aye they probably would of only paid $2 per pill or even less actually...

Makes you think where they get their figure of $440 million, they always over exaggerate the price of pills they should really start to get their facts straight. They just want it to sound like heaps when it isn't really for them..

looks more like a G in the original photo to me.. not like the anchor from the PR.

mushi mushi 88 said:
15 million pills aye they probably would of only paid $2 per pill or even less actually...

Makes you think where they get their figure of $440 million, they always over exaggerate the price of pills they should really start to get their facts straight. They just want it to sound like heaps when it isn't really for them..

They are waaay cheaper like 20-30 cents. In europe u get 100 pills for 2 bux each

I was just talking to my mate and supposedly this happened in June last year... They didn't say anything about it because they wanted to get more evidence and raid everyone first so they could lock their asses up with no hassles.

Don't know how much I believe it because I think the people who they belonged to would of known that something was up and investigated it further.

My mate is usually pretty good with his info but with this I'm not to sure...

Last edited:
Sustanon said:
They are waaay cheaper like 20-30 cents. In europe u get 100 pills for 2 bux each

It varies.

Don't generalise and say that the whole of europe has cheap pill prices because it isn't true.

The vast majority are cheaper than here though.

mushi: Man, you should think a little more before posting. Your last line is completely unnecessary and stupid.

javsav said:
looks more like a G in the original photo to me.. not like the anchor from the PR.

lol upside down could also be an e

news can use a different photo all the time ... but if allowed they will take photo of the real evidence close up so you identify pills.

Usually the police/feds etc dont want you to know what logo of pill was , they rarely even tell you what pills are killing people and to avoid ...

unless alot of people die then it's their duty of care to inform the newspapers etc about a logo thats killing people otherwise they can be accountable in some way especially if people die and the general public isn't informed and some what warned & the police knew this information, but in most cases they just refer to it as lethal stuff like pma & to avoid all pills which is what they do most of the time.