• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

New York is revoking the gun permits of people on anxiety meds

I watched a video for the Honey Badger. Pretty cool little rifle.

23536-Hey man you better be careful with a modified rifle converted to a short barreled rifle(SBR). You don`t want to have to explain that to any cops. Another way of making a SBR is putting a stock on a pistol. A company makes a kit that can hook up a shoulder stock to a Glock. While it increases accuracy it also makes it an illegal weapon(yet another law that doesnt make sense).

Another part of that NY Safe law is the registering of any "assault weapon" that you happen to own. Now you have to tell the state police. A lot of people don`t plan on doing this as they feel that down the road the law will change and then they`ll be confiscated. Can`t say that I disagree. What`s that old saying? Registration is the first step to confiscation.

There was an article in the local paper a month ago interviewing a older gent from Europe. He told the paper how when he was a boy and the Nazi`s invaded his country one of the first things they did was compile a list of gun owners. A few months later they confiscated them,then the people had no way to defend themselves when things got really bad.
The old guy was really adamant that New Yorkers wake up see the bigger picture and understand that knowing who owns what won`t stop any violence but only aids the government in taking your property away(with out any compensation to boot).

^excellent point. It is the first step to confiscation. Yea the honey badger is cool right? So far i read the current serial number is 000006 lol so only 6 made. Yea that glock shoulder kit or any other thing like that making your handgun an sbr doesnt make sense. Its not like you are going to group 1" moa at 100 yards like a rifle cal lol. My p229 holds 12+1 .40 s&w and my p89 9mm holds like 16+1 come october the only reason ill still be able to keep them is bc i already have them. After that everything will be limited to ten rounds no matter the cal. Stock up on hi cap mags! Or just drive to PA lol you can get just about everything at gun shows up there.

I second that.

It's shit like this that makes me not seek treatment from a doctor for my anxiety and depression. I'm not getting fucking labeled and risk losing my protection. That would be the day I die. I'll be going out like my founding fathers would expect a real American to. Fuck this bending over and taking everything the government shoves up there.

Time for some Thomas Jefferson quotes =D

When all government, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the Center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.

Annnnnddddddd one Ben Franklin quote

He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security

GREAT quote for an example of the Patriot Act enacted after 9/11. One of the worst anti-freedom acts ever created just a bout and worse, nobody at the time really cared because they were all still scared over 9/11. Makes me think the government liked the whole thing, maybe so maybe not, but they certainly PROFITED from it.

Yea a pistol grip just shortens the overall length, its basically meant to be fired like a whippit gun from the waist. Plus unless youre shooting slugs you dont need great aim. Esp with birdshot. Md is going to start sucking like ny when it comes to gun laws. Having a smg with a short barel wouldd make it a short barel rifle which warrants a 200 buck class 3 tax stamp from the atf. Better be careful with that thing ;) well it could be an sbr depending on configuration, but i dont know without seeing it. Ive always wanted to get an sbr in rifle caliber with a supressor and aac just came out with a gun called the honey badger. It fires the 300 blackout cartridge subsonic. Check it out on you tube. Its not available yet prolly bc its select fire but i read that you would need 3 taxx stamps. One for the sbr, one for the integral supressor and one for the outter can. Its such a sick gun. --23536 : what kind of smg did you get?

Oh I got a MAC 10, which looked really menacing but was a piece of shit. Still, in NY it was easier buying that than buying a simple revolver.

I`m guessing that your mac-10 had either a folding stock or that goofy fixed stock?

Yea sadly a mac 10 is more menacing looking than effective. They are notoriously inacurate and the select fire version (full auto) are referred to as spray and pray. As in unload 30 round of 9mm and pray you hit something. I had a friend that had a cobray mac 11 that was pretty cool lookin but yoou had to be really close to hit anything with it. But good for you, buy a weapon the gov deems scary lol. Just out of curiosity you get it in 45acp? Or the standard 9mm?

I bought my girlfriend a glock 19 for x mas a few years ago that we more or less share. I was able to get a few 15 round mags(besides the NY legal 10 rounders) and two 33 round extended mags. Every time I shoot it I feel like I`m in the Matrix. To have 33 rounds of 9mm in such a small package it fucking gnarly!

"Mental Hygiene Law" sounds like something straight out of the Third Reich.....google "Racial Hygiene" and you'll see what I mean....It actually scares me...

I bought my girlfriend a glock 19 for x mas a few years ago that we more or less share. I was able to get a few 15 round mags(besides the NY legal 10 rounders) and two 33 round extended mags. Every time I shoot it I feel like I`m in the Matrix. To have 33 rounds of 9mm in such a small package it fucking gnarly!
Thats awesome, i love the way those double stack 33 rounders look. To add, i hate seeing a +10 mag with those plastic fillers in the bottom of the mag to reduce the capacity.

Let's stop beating around the bush here. What we need to do is ban violence and murder. Bombs too. Your right to murder and detonate high-explosive ordnance ends when it infringes upon my right to walk safely down the street!

/end sarcasm

Let's face it: Enough of the public is scared by these overblown tragedies that token, hypocritical, unconstitutional, and downright stupid rhetoric and law-making wins votes. Add in a partisan twist and a good majority of people's logic simply shuts down (Google the brain on politics for empirical evidence to this claim). The real issues become, once again, displaced by an emotional bipartisan uproar having little to do with reality, and more to do with what makes one feel good screaming and shouting.

Don't get me wrong, a single death is always a tragedy. But it's sickening to watch it politicized into a talking point, and even worse when political agenda is the true motive.

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation. " -Mein Kampf, Adolf Hitler

P.S. Giving the state a monopoly on violence has serious potential consequences. Yeah I know America is special and would never do that... History disagrees, however.

Last edited:
Wow, that Mein Kampf quote really goes hand in hand with most of America's policies now-a-days it seems, kind of frightening albeit not at all surprising.

^
Hey, who better to learn how to control and manipulate the population than from Hitler?

The revolutionary effect of firearms was that power and violence, for maybe the first time in history, was more evenly distributed between government and the people. No longer could tyranny be absolute, as the armed population had the means of fighting back. As long as enough of the people are armed, the government will have to think twice before infringing upon their liberty.

The founding fathers knew this from first hand experience when they drafted the second amendment. And it's the second amendment that gives the people the means to fight back in case the first amendment is disregarded.

I'm no gun nut, I just happen to agree with my country's constitution.

yea that mein kampf quote is quite scary when you think about how a lot of public policy is formed here nowadays, which is why i dont have any problem sayin im all for gun rights almost solely on the fact that it is the right of the people to be well armed in the event that something serious happens an our govt isnt there to help (natural disasters, revolution, tyranny, etc)

its a good feeling till you realised you just pissed thru all that ammo

i mean fuck i like goin to the shooting range until i think about how much money in ammo i can piss thru in such a short amount of time, so i wont load anymore then 5 in the clip just so i can slow down, focus more on each shot n just allow the $/ammo/time to stretch

its a good feeling till you realised you just pissed thru all that ammo

i mean fuck i like goin to the shooting range until i think about how much money in ammo i can piss thru in such a short amount of time, so i wont load anymore then 5 in the clip just so i can slow down, focus more on each shot n just allow the $/ammo/time to stretch

Oh dude,you aint kidding. Unfortunately due the the insane cost of ammo I hardly ever go shooting any more. It really sucks. When I was a kid,me and my dad would go out to the country and shoot my two .22 rifles and my 870 12 gauge shotgun. A brick of 500 .22s goes for under 20 bucks and you you can pick up cheap bird shot too. Me and my dad would spend a fun afternoon target shooting on the cheap. I have a lot of fun memories.(something anit-gunners don`t think about is the quality time families spend together during a day out shooting.)

But now a days I`m buying ammo like 7.62x39mm,.223,.308,.45acp,9mm and .357/.38 besides the 12 gauge and .22s. I spent 300 dollars the last time I took everything out. It`s just too much.

I hear .223 and 5.56x45 cartridges are hard/expensive to come by these days. Hopefully the prices will fall back down once the fear of loss of gun rights cools down. Of course, assuming these fears are unwarranted.

You think it was mostly that, or the massive buyouts following the CT tragedy?

I feel that the shortage of ammo is due to regular folks fearing for the worst and buying 2 to 3 times more ammo than they normally would. Basically everybody is trying to "stock up",causing the shortages.

Yea ammo is getting really hard to come by these days, for some reason i cant find 357sig except online, i have the switchout barrell for my p229 40 cal, 45acp is hard to find too, my ex gfs dad hand loaded everything from 9 to 7.62x51, 300win mag, he has thousands of rounds of each. I wish i still had access to that sweet cache, there wernt any hollow points or anything but for reg fmj ball ammo it was good. Plus i could give him all my emptys and he would reload them, he had dies for every caliber imagineble. I think hes stocking up for the race wars lol

Me and my dad would spend a fun afternoon target shooting on the cheap. I have a lot of fun memories.(something anit-gunners don`t think about is the quality time families spend together during a day out shooting.)

I used to go on mass-rape/murder rampages with my father when we were young.
I swear, we would rape at least a dozen people on a Saturday morning before torturing them to death.
He and I really got close through spending that quality time together.

(this is sarcasm)

I used to go on mass-rape/murder rampages with my father when we were young.
I swear, we would rape at least a dozen people on a Saturday morning before torturing them to death.
He and I really got close through spending that quality time together.

(this is sarcasm)

whoa guy. no need to brag about it.