• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants New to meth, swallowed 3-3.5 grams over 48 hours. 20 year old college athlete. Did I do permanent damage?

waystar|ROYCO

Greenlighter
This happened a week ago, and I haven't been able to get hard, I've had chest pains, high heart rate, and my balls hurt (although less now). I'm in college on a scholarship, and I work out 6 days a week on avg, so pretty healthy. Don't usually do drugs.

I feel like my kidneys hurt, brain fog, and cannot get hard. I didn't think 3.5gs was that much. I can't believe what the fuck I did. It was dosed in capsules 50-150mg for a couple days.

Is this a crazy amount? Do I need to go to the hospital to make sure I haven't fucked organs by depriving them of blood, like what's happened with my testicles.

Last edited:
My guess is that you'll be fine in time. The body has an amazing capacity to repair itself. It hasn't been that long and you took a large amount in a short period.

You could go to an ER but im not so sure there is much they can do for you. You might consider going to an urgent care or a student health center and get some basic blood work done (which will test for liver and kidney function). Did you notice particularly dark urine after and muscle soreness? Rhabdomyolysis is a potential risk at those doses.

In the meantime id recommend drinking a good amount of water/fluids, and eat and sleep well. Avoid heavy exercise. Allow your body to heal itself. Get some blood work done if you are particularly concerns. Perhaps supplement with l-tyrosine to restore the chemicals you depleted.

My guess is that you'll be fine in time. The body has an amazing capacity to repair itself. It hasn't been that long and you took a large amount in a short period.

You could go to an ER but im not so sure there is much they can do for you. You might consider going to an urgent care or a student health center and get some basic blood work done (which will test for liver and kidney function). Did you notice particularly dark urine after and muscle soreness? Rhabdomyolysis is a potential risk at those doses.

In the meantime id recommend drinking a good amount of water/fluids, and eat and sleep well. Avoid heavy exercise. Allow your body to heal itself. Get some blood work done if you are particularly concerns. Perhaps supplement with l-tyrosine to restore the chemicals you depleted.
Hey, thanks a lot for your response. I really appreciate you taking the time. I worked out yesterday, 30 min jog + 30 min weightlifting, and I noticed my heart beating too fast. The rest of the day my heart hurt, so I regret working out. Funny enough, I went for a (slow) 40 minute run 3 days after the weekend binge and my heart didn't seem that crazy. I only did these workouts because I thought they helped your heart health.

Now, 8 days since the binge, my heart rate is elevated (usually high 40s, low 50s, now 60-90 depending on if sitting, eating. I have some slight shooting pains in middle back and shoulder. Xanax seems to help a lot, so many a lot of that is anxiety?

In short, I worked my ass off to get to where I am now, but I dabbled in speed in clubs while living in southeast Asia and the affinity for it followed me home. I'm devastated that I damaged my heart and who knows what else. It's been a wake up call.

Can I toss you a few bucks in crypto or whatever for your time? Thanks man

Last edited:
You dont need to pay anyone here (and certainly not myself, i bought plenty of BTC and ETH in 2012 for next to nothing so negrogesic is sitting pretty). Even though i no longer am a heavy drug user, i enjoy talking about them and am happy to share the wealth of information ive accumulated over the years. If you feel so inclined you could always donate to the site itself as it is a non-profit operation.

In anycase i doubt you have inflicted any permanent damage. High doses of potent vasoconstrictors such as methamphetamine can damage the blood vessels, and can certainly be cardiotoxic but chronic cardiovascular disease is usually seen with chronic abusers. That said severe overdoses can also result in long lasting problems, but this is generally seen in those that suffered severe complications (such and heart attack and organ failure) and surived. If it doesn't resolve in a few weeks you may want to see medical attention i suppose.

You dont need to pay anyone here (and certainly not myself, i bought plenty of BTC and ETH in 2012 for next to nothing so negrogesic is sitting pretty). Even though i no longer am a heavy drug user, i enjoy talking about them and am happy to share the wealth of information ive accumulated over the years. If you feel so inclined you could always donate to the site itself as it is a non-profit operation.

In anycase i doubt you have inflicted any permanent damage. High doses of potent vasoconstrictors such as methamphetamine can damage the blood vessels, and can certainly be cardiotoxic but chronic cardiovascular disease is usually seen with chronic abusers. That said severe overdoses can also result in long lasting problems, but this is generally seen in those that suffered severe complications (such and heart attack and organ failure) and surived. If it doesn't resolve in a few weeks you may want to see medical attention i suppose.

Okay will thanks again for the info <3

Shit man, that sounds really scary. If I were you, I would definitely recommend getting checked out medically. The truth is that this is indeed a very, very large quantity of Methamphetamine to be taking without any apparent experience with the drug. I'm not sure who made this available to you or who made you believe that this was at all reasonable, but that person is either wicked misinformed or some kind of sadist.

For a vague point of reference, "Adderall" or Dextroamphetamine typically comes in like 20mg increments. I think most people will tell you that 100mg of that shit in a sitting would be pretty much as intense as they would need or want to go. To each his own, but you're taking a stimulant that is maybe 2x as powerful and you've taken 3,500mg. I don't think that if you're here and coherent that you've done anything terrible to yourself, but I would want to know for sure!

It's totally up to you, but I understand you are in a tricky situation with your education. I wish I knew or could do more.

Shit man, that sounds really scary. If I were you, I would definitely recommend getting checked out medically. The truth is that this is indeed a very, very large quantity of Methamphetamine to be taking without any apparent experience with the drug. I'm not sure who made this available to you or who made you believe that this was at all reasonable, but that person is either wicked misinformed or some kind of sadist.

For a vague point of reference, "Adderall" or Dextroamphetamine typically comes in like 20mg increments. I think most people will tell you that 100mg of that shit in a sitting would be pretty much as intense as they would need or want to go. To each his own, but you're taking a stimulant that is maybe 2x as powerful and you've taken 3,500mg. I don't think that if you're here and coherent that you've done anything terrible to yourself, but I would want to know for sure!

It's totally up to you, but I understand you are in a tricky situation with your education. I wish I knew or could do more.
It's been three weeks now and my heart still gets too high when I go running, and I have wierd pains in my back/chest. I can't tell if it's from anxiety though. What do you think I should do?

To be honest I feel like I might be making a huge mistake in not going to get this checked out but if this gets out I'll lose everything. In regards to the dosage, I did throw some away at the end so I'm hoping it was more like 2.5 to 3g over two days. I don't know what the fuck to do

Are you noticing the symptoms getting worse over time, or better? You might want to lay off the gym until you feel better. You have certainly put a strain on your heart, so let it recover. One thing that has been shown to help repair heart damage and prevent further damage is hawthorne extract. Avoid any stimulants, including caffeine. If you notice the symptoms getting worse, definitely 100% go to the doctor. But if it gets better, even slowly, I think you should just ride it out, and take care of yourself, considering what you have to lose.

Ironically, the only reason I swallowed it was because I thought it was a lot less harmful. The reason I took so much is because I was working on a software project with some friends and then decided to keep working for 2 days, then had to fly to another city. I was never really super high, which is part of the reason I didn't think it was that much. I know for certain it was pretty pure meth because it came from a well-known dutch vendor. I was filling capsules with probably 100 - 150mg. Can't remember how many I took, but there wasn't much left of the original 3.5 g. For context, I've done bumps before in clubs in asia, but I just didn't know what dosages were. I have no fucking clue why I didn't just look it up. Perhaps that decision will follow me for the rest of my life.

Three weeks later now, I feel pretty normal day-to-day. My balls are still wierd though. Higher than normal, and my ballsack sometimes get's dark red. Still somewhat tender. I was pretty optimistic about the improvement until yesterday when I went for a 25 min jog plus 15 min weightlift. Heart rate was high, and stayed high throughout the rest of the day. Today, some back pain and chest pain are back. Again though, once I take alprazolam it seems to go away, so it might be anxiety from thinking about what I potentially did to myself.

I think the only reason I'm not in a much worse situation right now is that I've been a competitive athlete all my life in cardio sports - track, running, soccer, football. I've always eaten really healthy, and I was actually really proud of how strong my heart rate was (I was so happy when my resting heart rate was at high 30s after one particularly tough season). I can't describe the hole I feel inside me now. I've clearly damaged my heart. I can't tell anyone because I couldn't bear the pain I would inflict on my parents if they knew. I'm a straight A student now in college. I can't do that to my parents.

I don't think I can see a cardiologist until I'm on my on healthcare, otherwise there would be questions. So that means I need to graduate, which is several years out, and get a job and good healthcare. Luckily I'm a strong CS major so I think I'll have no trouble paying for the best cardiologist I can find here in Socal. But until then I don't know. I hope it doesn't get worse.

I really appreciate everyone's advice here. I can't describe how much it means to me to hear some advice right now, given that I can't speak to anyone about this. Thank you for the clear information, and not insulting me for what I've done. I feel really lucky to be alive. Thank you ❤️

Are you noticing the symptoms getting worse over time, or better? You might want to lay off the gym until you feel better. You have certainly put a strain on your heart, so let it recover. One thing that has been shown to help repair heart damage and prevent further damage is hawthorne extract. Avoid any stimulants, including caffeine. If you notice the symptoms getting worse, definitely 100% go to the doctor. But if it gets better, even slowly, I think you should just ride it out, and take care of yourself, considering what you have to lose.
Okay I will buy some hawthrone right now. Any other suggestions? Thanks friend.

tell to your cardiologist that, because of your training session, you want to do a checkup. You can say that you want to increase the velocity of your running or the duration, etc., and you want to be completely sure that everything is ok with your heart. It is a good excuse.

Something similar happened to me years ago. Luckily I have had no lasting effects. I would stay away from anything strenuous. No workouts for about 6 weeks or so. Eat healthy and stay hydrated. After about 6 weeks start working out again but go slow. Don't jog then hit the gym do one or the other. If you still feel bad then yeah see a doc. That's what i did and everything is ok. No more stims since then because i now have bad anxiety from it.

tell to your cardiologist that, because of your training session, you want to do a checkup. You can say that you want to increase the velocity of your running or the duration, etc., and you want to be completely sure that everything is ok with your heart. It is a good excuse.
Thanks man that's actually a great idea. I was thinking about doing that, but I'm still going to get questions from coaches and parents. I'm thinking about it.

Something similar happened to me years ago. Luckily I have had no lasting effects. I would stay away from anything strenuous. No workouts for about 6 weeks or so. Eat healthy and stay hydrated. After about 6 weeks start working out again but go slow. Don't jog then hit the gym do one or the other. If you still feel bad then yeah see a doc. That's what i did and everything is ok. No more stims since then because i now have bad anxiety from it.
That makes me feel a little better, thank you.

Keif, Xork, Negro, thanks a lot guys. I've known about bluelight in my periphery for a while, but I never what a supportive, educational community it is. Do you guy just moderate or do you have a hand in covering the upkeep fees? Could I just donate what I can afford to wherever will help this community stay running in thanks?