• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe *New Suboxone film * official thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few questions about Subs.. I started subs last month. I was snorting about 100 to 120mg of Opana daily.
My Sub Dr. started me at 24mg a day. I thought that was way to much but didn't argue, my insurance covers it. I started out on 10mg daily 5mg in the morn 5mg of subs in the eve.
I really want to taper off this stuff as fast as I can but don't want to do it so fast that I'm back using. I have tapered
down to 8mg a day.
How much should I be dropping and how often would should I drop.. I have read that you should drop 25% ever 4 or 5 day then skip days. I have read where people have tapered over months.. I'm just wondering what is easiest and most
successful was to taper off of subs. Time is not a issue for me if I have to take 6 months to a year thats fine or is it better to be off in couple of months..
I agree with Znegative about the 8mg strips.. I find so many of them cracked or broke right in half.
Thanks .. Peace..

The best way to taper in my oppinion, is to do it at a pace your comfortable with (though I know some people unfortunately do not have this luxury). At dosages of 8mg up, I think it is wise to taper 25% every four days. However, when you get down to a sublingual dose of around 4mg or under, it's probably best to let yourself stabalize over a two week period before going lower, and IME, tha applies to all dosages below 4mg too.

The best way to taper in my oppinion, is to do it at a pace your comfortable with (though I know some people unfortunately do not have this luxury). At dosages of 8mg up, I think it is wise to taper 25% every four days. However, when you get down to a sublingual dose of around 4mg or under, it's probably best to let yourself stabalize over a two week period before going lower, and IME, tha applies to all dosages below 4mg too.

Thanks
I know it took me about 2weeks to stabalize when I first started taking Subs. I was on another forum where it they really talked about getting off of subs as fast as possible, but I just can't get my self to agree with that
I abuse the opanas pretty bad.. few times I thought I over did it.. but I kept on snorting them. I used to just do oxys but they weren't to bad I could cold turkey those. Not opana.. pretty strong W/Ds with those.
Subs have really made it easier for me. Thats the main reason I don't want to screw this up and want to make this as easy as possible tapering off subs, with the least amount of discomfort.
My Sub Dr is looney. Wants me to stay on 24mg for 3 months then go from there. besides that He's pretty cool. Doesn't or didn't ask me to jump through hoops or anything. Just give him the cash and clean sample and he give me my script.. Doesn't require me to do anything else.
I think I'm going to take your advice and try it the way you described.. I have time and thankfully money is not a problem.
I feel bad for people out there stuck that want out and the only reason is because of access to the right treatment is because of the cost. Well I better stop getting off subject here.
Again thanks for the advice.. I'll post in the darkside how my taper goes.. It's about getting clean for me now.
Peace..

Thanks
I was on another forum where it they really talked about getting off of subs as fast as possible, but I just can't get my self to agree with that

Yeah that is definitely not good advise. The key to tapering and coming off of it is to do it at a pace you're comfortable with. No matter how long it takes...within reason. The best methods of tapering suboxone/subutex I have heard of people using usually last for 2-3 months. I wouldn't know from personal experience, however. The reasons I have quit in the past are because I couldn't get ahold of them for whatever reason, therefore I wasn't able to taper down properly.

Hey thaks for the reply. I thought that I must havebeen doing somethung way wrong(cuz i did what you said to do today, nothing but some tiredness) Then I wemt picked up new subs and immediately felt a little energy cuz only did 4. How is it possible to get a bunch of saboxins, sometimes from various lots or all from same lot(lot # is on back)but all from same drug store and not feel anything...I complained to drug store that they should not be crumbly or fragile(sometimes the strong would have dots on them)but wouldn't feel anything. Once I got like 60 that were bad...it seems to be happening a lot lately....They really make shitty strips? How do you make sure you get good ones...tell me stories about peoples experience

where should I post questions about different ways to take my saboxon or better ways to disolve it in my mouth??? I also want to hear about the fact that I really do not think that my 8mg strips have the full dose in them. I can take one from a new script and different lot number and feel the energy boost right after taking subs for the month, struggling to either hold spit in mouth longer or disolve them fast, or slow. I wonder if its the subs???? sometimes they are really durable but don't work. what does it mean if there is white specks in them. What does perfect sub look like and feel like. what's your experience...please help. I am care taking for a sick parent and I need my subs to work.what can i do if i get a bad batch??? Please answer

^ Just keep posting them in here instead of making 5 of the same threads. If the questions aren't specific to the strips, then can post them in the suboxone/buprenorphine megathread.

As for better ways to dissolve it in your mouth, you might want to check out this thread about using a tiny bit of alcohol to increase the sublingual BA.

You can't really expect to be getting the same energy buzz after taking the suboxone daily for a while. I agree with Znegative and everybody else that says that less is more. It won't seem this way at first though, if your tolerance it higher and you drop the dose right away. You need to taper down a bit, and once you become comfortable at the lower dose and are not experiencing withdrawals, you should start to feel the benefits of this.

The reason that higher doses don't always make you feel good is because they have your opiate receptors saturated already, so adding more suboxone doesn't really let more get onto your receptors. At lower doses you receptors will have some "available room" if you will, which will allow the following days dose to occupy this receptor space, giving you those positive effects.

I think that 2-4mg sublingually is a good dose to aim to get down to. I wouldn't try the alcohol solution until you lower the doses, because as I said, adding more to the dose that you are currently at really won't help since your receptors are pretty much full around the clock.

Last edited:
hey all...been a while. can someone give me some cliffs from the 32 pages of this thread? what do i need to know about the strips? i'm using them now to wean off suboxone...just want to know what's up. read about the alcohol + suboxone tip... is there anything else i should know?
thanks!

well, I'm guessing you know the BA of buprenorphine, but I'll lay it out for you:
Sublingual-30%
Intranasal-50%
Rectal-roughly the same as Intranasal-faster onset though
IV-98-100%
Transdermal-50% (approximately)

Also, there are some people that claim that the suboxone strips have a higher sublingual BA than the pills, raising the BA to 50%. IME, I have not found this to be true, as 1 mg sublingual (using strips), feels exactly like .3 mg IV, which would support that the BA is still 30%, or at least it's convinced me, as I've had pills and strips, and used all of them in pretty much every way imaginable.

The suboxone strips also have a serial code that can be scanned, and traced back to the pharmacy and psychiatrist that originally prescribed and dispensed the medication. I talked to my suboxone doctor a month ago, and she said that while that is true, the system needed to trace back the serial code is not yet in effect. However, that can be true or false, and like I said that was a month ago as well.

hey, just out of curiosity, what ways can one do it intranasal(strips)? How does one do it rectally(i know where it goes ofcoarse but do you just insert the strip???I need a better and FASTER way of taking it.(strips that is)Holding it under my tongue takes too damn long and if you let too much spit build up it does not work as well. also, the aclohol method is explained using the pills...plus i am recovering alcoholic and i am wondering if there is another way...if not, how do you do it w, a strip and how long do you have to hold it under tongue...i get mine from my sab. doctor and get it filled at local pharmacy....has anyone experienced getting a bad batch...if they are brittle and crumbly does that mean they are not as good as the more durable ones??? The lower dose hasbeen better by the way...thanks. Please help me out here...please

if mine sit too long or i don't rotate them like stock they get that way.i try to always keep 30-40 strips on hand and save them as i get them and take the tabs instead.if i let the strips sit tool ong they are all split up and make it harder to cut in pieces.the humidity has alot to do with it and how they're stored.trying to wean down myself and it sucks.if i knew subs were 20x as strong as morph i would've just kicked with them and have gone on the older naltrexone maintenance like i did yrs ago.was taking 2mg a day for about a year.then as pressure progressed at work i would always take an extra quarter with me,an extra quarter after work before the gym and another at night.before i know it i'm up to 3 8mg's a day.back down to 1/2 to 3/4 tab but i know the real test is gonna come when i hit 2mg and under.hoping that my physical stature helps me out as i hit the gym and hit it hard.hoping to sweat it out as much as i can with what energy i can muster up...

The Holy Grail up the Hershey Highway

8o Being a Polydrug User For many years; if thats what you want to call it,? Down south Were just called dopeheads ;) . I Finally sought help for my severe addictions to all opiates. (I went to the suboxone doctor) though ive taken them before to keep from getting sick i thought id give it a try, im getting old and all this dope surely isnt helping my living situation". The first initial week i took it as directed one strip 8mg* bup./2mg Nalox*) the first week was great other then the putried Awful fuckig taste of them made me really not want to take it, i truly have never tasted something so fucking horrible dogshit smells better then these' strips they will truly fucking floor your tastebuds. They will leave you gagging and really make u think about not ever tasting them again. but with that said they truly are a godsend for a opiate addict. After a week or so i lost the itch and familiar but friendly opiate feelings and was longing for a way to get them again...... Then It stubled upon me how to never have to taste that putrid wretched foul outerspace Lime nasty shit again..... Shove it up my bum... thats right straight up the poopshoot! i took a oral syrings squirted its max volume of water in a shotglas, dropped in a whole strip of sub. stirred with a paperclip till it fully dissolved took about 4-5 minutes, i sucked it up with the syringe and layed on my side... put on some led zeplin and caked the syringe with vaseline and caked the bum. i then stuck the syringe up the hershey highway and injected its contents into my anus praying to god no one would walk in on this experience and thankfully they didnt lol!!! It felt very weird it didnt hurt it just felt very weird and grossed me out a lil. i layed there for about three minutes afterwards before i stood up. Though it will make you want to shit for a good 15-20 minutes i just layed on the couch on my left side and watched some tv. I noticed a nice rush and a warmness covered my body i started ithcing like crazy and knew i had hit gold! If you plug the subs you will be in for a very nice buzz i dont know if ill ever take one sublingually again it just feels like such a waste when i can avoid the taste and catch a very nice buzz!

hey, just out of curiosity, what ways can one do it intranasal(strips)? How does one do it rectally(i know where it goes ofcoarse but do you just insert the strip???I need a better and FASTER way of taking it.(strips that is)Holding it under my tongue takes too damn long and if you let too much spit build up it does not work as well. also, the aclohol method is explained using the pills...plus i am recovering alcoholic and i am wondering if there is another way...if not, how do you do it w, a strip and how long do you have to hold it under tongue...i get mine from my sab. doctor and get it filled at local pharmacy....has anyone experienced getting a bad batch...if they are brittle and crumbly does that mean they are not as good as the more durable ones??? The lower dose hasbeen better by the way...thanks. Please help me out here...please

Hey, the quote below tells how to administer it rectally. You can do basically the same thing to administer in nasally. Get an oral syringe (you can purchase them at any pharmacy) and use it to draw up the suboxone solution. Water + suboxone strip + stir = solution. Use as little water as needed to dissolve the amount of suboxone strip you are using into the water. Then you just use the oral syringe to put a few drops of solution in each nostril, waiting for it to absorb between doses, and only doing a little at a time so it doesn't drip down your throat or back out your nose.

If you want to plug it, then follow the general method in the below quote.

8o Being a Polydrug User For many years; if thats what you want to call it,? Down south Were just called dopeheads ;) . I Finally sought help for my severe addictions to all opiates. (I went to the suboxone doctor) though ive taken them before to keep from getting sick i thought id give it a try, im getting old and all this dope surely isnt helping my living situation". The first initial week i took it as directed one strip 8mg* bup./2mg Nalox*) the first week was great other then the putried Awful fuckig taste of them made me really not want to take it, i truly have never tasted something so fucking horrible dogshit smells better then these' strips they will truly fucking floor your tastebuds. They will leave you gagging and really make u think about not ever tasting them again. but with that said they truly are a godsend for a opiate addict. After a week or so i lost the itch and familiar but friendly opiate feelings and was longing for a way to get them again...... Then It stubled upon me how to never have to taste that putrid wretched foul outerspace Lime nasty shit again..... Shove it up my bum... thats right straight up the poopshoot! i took a oral syrings squirted its max volume of water in a shotglas, dropped in a whole strip of sub. stirred with a paperclip till it fully dissolved took about 4-5 minutes, i sucked it up with the syringe and layed on my side... put on some led zeplin and caked the syringe with vaseline and caked the bum. i then stuck the syringe up the hershey highway and injected its contents into my anus praying to god no one would walk in on this experience and thankfully they didnt lol!!! It felt very weird it didnt hurt it just felt very weird and grossed me out a lil. i layed there for about three minutes afterwards before i stood up. Though it will make you want to shit for a good 15-20 minutes i just layed on the couch on my left side and watched some tv. I noticed a nice rush and a warmness covered my body i started ithcing like crazy and knew i had hit gold! If you plug the subs you will be in for a very nice buzz i dont know if ill ever take one sublingually again it just feels like such a waste when i can avoid the taste and catch a very nice buzz!

yeah, personally, I would just plug it since the BA is about the same, and IME, rectal administration of buprenorphine is pretty nice, feels identical to I.V. as far as the come-on is concerned but it lasts longer.

However I understand how some people may feel hesitant with this ROA, I wasn't crazy about the idea myself, but I tried it once with amphetamine's and realized it wasn't so bad. The problem with waterlining is that I always have felt that I've lost a lot of the drug, but I never spent enough time to really perfect the technique. To each their owne.

It is a little weird to do but hey it beats tasting the nasty lil bastards and i actually was catching a nod but i also take lyrica for syatic nerve damage as well and that could play a huge part in it!.

^ Yeah, I've never took lyrica, but I have taken gabapentin (neurontin) while on suboxone, and if dosed correctly it definately adds to the flavor.

Can someone post for harm reduction purposes there successful method of prepping and IV'ing the strips as far as how much time you allow for the strips to dissolve... I'm getting some very.... very... weak results with IV'ing the strips and when I IV the tabs I get a strong high... I'm using bac water .2um whatman micron filters and allowing the strips to dissolve until I cannot see any evidence of the strip in the solution I usually mix a 2mg/ml solution for intravenous injection upon injection of 1mg of the strips IV nothing... in fact I felt a little sick for a few hours... then 1mg with the tabs... I feel high for almost the whole day... what's up with this... is there something I'm missing....???

Can someone post for harm reduction purposes there successful method of prepping and IV'ing the strips as far as how much time you allow for the strips to dissolve... I'm getting some very.... very... weak results with IV'ing the strips and when I IV the tabs I get a strong high... I'm using bac water .2um whatman micron filters and allowing the strips to dissolve until I cannot see any evidence of the strip in the solution I usually mix a 2mg/ml solution for intravenous injection upon injection of 1mg of the strips IV nothing... in fact I felt a little sick for a few hours... then 1mg with the tabs... I feel high for almost the whole day... what's up with this... is there something I'm missing....???

The films work fine for me dude, they go past the micron just fine. It just doesn't have the same colors as the tabs.

Quick question: I skipped my dose today to get high on smack and morphine, how long should I wait after my last shot until I dose the bupe (I IM'd my last shot, if that makes any difference)? Have a busy day tomorrow so I can't afford to be sick for too long, but I definitely can't afford to go into precipitated withdrawals during class.

Would 12 hours be long enough?

Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.